Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-23-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if both JStew and Jerod were available?

You'd wanna pass the Stew, and hold the Mayo? :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We signed a couple of Undrafted Free Agents:

RB Omar Cuff, DELAWARE
OG/C Eric Scott, KENTUCKY

Cuff had a really productive collegiate career. Looks like he could be practice-squad material. Scott's a developmental project on the OL; however, if there's anyone that I trust to develop OLineman, it's Munchak.

Reinfeldt has stated that we'll probably sign about 10 or so UDFA...

Some UDFA I'd like to see us bring in (but we probably won't bring in any of them):
1. DE Darrell Robertson, GA TECH
2. DE Wallace Gilberry, ALABAMA
3. DT/DE Marcus Dixon, HAMPTON
4. OL Kerry Brown, APP STATE
5. OL Eric Young, TENNESSEE
6. OL Franklin Dunbar, MTSU
7. LB Curtis Gatewood, VANDERBILT
8. LB Ezra Butler, NEVADA
9. WR D.J. Hall, ALABAMA
10. WR Adarius Bowman, OK STATE

Obviously, I feel that we could use some more depth at LB behind Bulluck/Thornton and on the DL (given some of our injury concerns). At WR, both Hall & Bowman are pretty talented and, at the very worst, would likely be interesting practice-squad players. I'm always a fan of bringing in a couple of OL to see if we can coach them up.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Farva

Probably the only game footage of Cuff available online so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qMQcRnGvwY

It's a five-minute clip of some Delaware highlights from 2007. Cuff is at the beginning and the end. The highlights are only from a couple early games last season.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:23 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farva View Post
Probably the only game footage of Cuff available online so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qMQcRnGvwY

It's a five-minute clip of some Delaware highlights from 2007. Cuff is at the beginning and the end. The highlights are only from a couple early games last season.
I know it's a highlight reel and all; but I kinda like what I see from those clips. From the looks of it, Cuff doesn't seem crazy fast or big but he runs with a lot of determination and seems a little shifty.

I wonder if we'll have 3 RBs on our active-roster each week (now that Heimerdinger's the OC), or if we'll still only dress two...
Old 04-28-2008, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Farva

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
I know it's a highlight reel and all; but I kinda like what I see from those clips. From the looks of it, Cuff doesn't seem crazy fast or big but he runs with a lot of determination and seems a little shifty.

I wonder if we'll have 3 RBs on our active-roster each week (now that Heimerdinger's the OC), or if we'll still only dress two...
That is Omar Cuff exactly. He wasn't drafted because he's not the fastest or biggest, but he finds holes, runs hard and doesn't go down easy. He's one of those "intangibles" guys. I can't tell you he's going to be the next Brian Westbrook (who came out of the same conference by the way) but I'll say that I'd be more surprised to see him fail than succeed.

Talk about a nose for the endzone...

And a great stat, Cuff had a combined 453 rushes and catches in 2007 and fumbled just twice.

Last edited by Farva : 04-28-2008 at 02:51 AM. Reason: .
Old 04-28-2008, 02:35 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

We also signed:

WR Jason Rivers, HAWAII
S Tony Joiner, FLORIDA
Old 04-28-2008, 02:36 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

We also signed:

WR Jason Rivers, HAWAII
S Tony Joiner, FLORIDA
Old 04-28-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RB Rafael Little (Kentucky)
RB Omar Cuff (Deleware)
WR Jason Rivers (Hawaii)
C/OG Eric Scott (Kentucky)
C Fernando Velasco (Georgia)
S Tony Joiner (Florida)
DT Barry Booker (Virginia Tech)
LB Jerrell Freeman (Mary-Hardin Baylor)
T Brock Pasteur (Stephen F. Austin)
WR Edward Williams (Lane College)

The UDFA's we've brought in so far.

I was at the championship game between Appy St. and Delaware, and Omar Cuff impressed me more than Joe Flacco.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

So...what do you think the 53-man roster will look like???

QB
1. Vince Young
2. Kerry Collins
***No brainer here.***

RB
1. Lendale White
2. Chris Johnson
3. Omar Cuff
***Lendale's entrenched as the starter because he's the only one who can handle carrying the ball 25+ a game. With Johnson, it's all about getting him X amount of touches -- either as a ball-carrier or as a receiver. Cuff isn't big or fast, but he runs very hard on every play and always seems to be moving forward. The fact that the Titans signed him pretty quickly after the draft was over leads me to believe that they seriously considered drafting him at some point. Obviously, I think the Chris Henry experiment is over because our previous RB coach (who was the advocate for Henry) is gone and we signed/drafted some RBs (which leads me to think that the current coaches don't have confidence in Henry).***

FB
1. Ahmard Hall
***When he's healthy, I think Hall's one of the more underrated FBs in the NFL. I think the Titans will probably keep Casey Cramer's phone-number handy though, in case Hall's injury-woes come back.***

WR
1. Roydell Williams
2. Justin Gage
3. Justin McCareins
4. Lavelle Hawkins
5. Paul Williams
6. Brandon Jones
7. Biren Ealy
***Roydell and Gage are locked-in as starters, IMO. McCareins will get a fair share of playing time because he's the most familiar with Heimerdinger's offense. Hawkins can contribute immediately as a slot-type WR. The big ??? is the status of Paul Williams's development. If he's making strides, then he could be pushing for significant minutes down the stretch and provide the Titans with a deep-threat. If not, then the Titans could again lack any way of stretching the field. Brandon Jones needs to stay healthy and play consistently -- I think this will be his last chance to prove his worth. Biren Ealy has potential, but more importantly, he's a good special-team player. I'd be surprised if Mike Williams makes the team now that Chow is gone; and with the acquiring of Chris Carr & Chris Johnson, Chris Davis is no longer protected by his PR status.***

TE
1. Alge Crumpler
2. Craig Stevens
3. Bo Scaife
***Crumpler will be the starter and should give VY an immediate boost in the passing game. Stevens is a good run-blocker and has the skills to develop into a receiver as well. Scaife is best when he's playing as the #2-#3 TE, not the starter. All three will probably get playing time.***

OT
1. Michael Roos
2. David Stewart
3. Daniel Loper
OG
1. Jake Scott
2. Leroy Harris
3. Eugene Amano
C
1. Kevin Mawae
2. Fernando Velasco
***The OTs are in good shape with Roos locking down a long-term deal. At OG, I think we could see a good battle between Harris & Amano for the starting job -- but I think Harris's overall athleticism will win out in the end. Mawae needs to stay healthy. If he were to get hurt again, I think Harris or Amano would shift to fill-in his spot. Velasco seems like a good depth guy to have on-roster, who could use the benefit of getting a little playing time now-and-again. The good thing about our OL is that there are several players who can line-up at multiple positions, in the event of injury.***

DE
1. Kyle Vanden Bosch
2. Jason Jones
3. Javon Kearse
4. Bryce Fisher
5. William Hayes
***KVB is a stud. I think Jones will be a solid contributor this season, and his flexibility on the DL will help. Can Kearse stay healthy and contribute??? The overall effectiveness of our pass-rush may depend on him regaining some of his old form. Bryce Fisher's a solid depth guy. From what I've read, Hayes sounds like a clone of last year's pick, Jacob Ford -- a pure pass-rusher. It makes me think that Ford's not as far along in his recovery as the Titans' coaches would like.***

DT
1. Albert Haynesworth
2. Tony Brown
3. Antonio Johnson
4. Barry Booker
***Our defense lives and dies by Haynesworth. If he's healthy and playing well, we're pretty good. If he's hurt or playing poorly, our defense is like swiss-cheese. Brown's a guy I like. He's not great at anything but he does a lot of things well -- a high-motor player. Johnson's an intriguing DT. He's got great size. Will he be healthy? If he is, he could help shore up our run-defense. Booker's an UDFA. He's not that big for a DT; but he is quick and athletic -- seems like a fit for DC Jim Schwartz.***

OLB
1. Keith Bulluck
2. David Thornton
3. Stanford Keglar
4. Josh Stamer
***Wow...if Bulluck and/or Thornton gets hurt, there's really no depth here to speak of. I'm not sure Keglar could pick up the slack if one of those guys went down. But, at the very least, Keglar should be a solid special-teamer. Stamer makes the roster based solely on his ability to contribute on special-teams.***

MLB
1. Stephen Tulloch
2. Ryan Fowler
***Both are solid but unspectacular. Neither one seems to be a legit upgrade over the other. I think Tulloch's a little better against the run, while Fowler's probably a little better in coverage. Unless one of them really steps up this season, I wonder if MLB will be addressed next offseason.***

CB
1. Cortland Finnegan
2. Nick Harper
3. Chris Carr
4. Reynaldo Hill
5. Eric King
***Finnegan and Harper are solid starters. Carr is a very good KR/PR; but can he handle being the nickel CB? If he stumbles, we could see FS Vincent Fuller replace him here. Hill seems to be a guy that the coaches like, despite the fact that he lacks recovery speed. King was a guy who showed some promise last offseason, but only looked like a depth guy during the season.***

FS
1. Michael Griffin
2. Vincent Fuller
***The coaches should've started Griffin at FS last season instead of trying to force him into CB. Another year in an NFL system should help him become even better. Fuller's a good backup who has the ability to play multiple positions in the secondary.***

SS
1. Chris Hope
2. Calvin Lowry
3. Donnie Nickey
***Will Hope be ready by the start of the season? Even if he's healthy, will it he be the fantastic player that he was in 2006 or the above-average player that he was in 2007??? Lowry may have to log significant minutes early on if Hope's still recovering. Nickey makes the team because of his contributions on special-teams.***

K
1. Rob Bironas
P
1. Craig Hentrich
LS
1. Ken Amato
***Each of these guys seem pretty much entrenched in their spots.***

Practice-Squad
1. QB Ingle Martin
2. RB Rafael Little
3. WR Jason Rivers
4. TE Dwayne Blakely
5. OT/OG Mike Otto
6. OG/C Eric Scott
7. DE Jacob Ford
8. CB Cary Williams
***Ingle's a local boy, who some scouts thought highly of coming out of college. Insurance in case something happens to VY or Collins. Little has to overcome the injury-bug, but he could develop into a good 3rd-down RB. Rivers has some talent but will probably need 1-2 years to learn an NFL-style offense. Blakely's an athletic receiving TE. I think the Titans would like to hold onto him; but after drafting Stevens, he may be delegated to the practice squad. Otto & Scott are two developmental projects for Munchak. Ford has some skills but may still be recovering from last year's injury. The coaches like Cary Williams's size/speed; but he might need some time to develop.***

Just my $.02...

Last edited by MicktheGreat : 05-01-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

new sig

im seriously excited about this kid, i think he could be a less productive (committee) but as effective version of westbrook
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta say once again I'm very disappointed in our draft. Not only did I not like the Chris Johnson pick, but it also makes last year's second round pick of Chris Henry even more of a waste. I also threw up in my mouth a little when we traded up in the 4th to grab a player who more than likely would've been an UDFA. Oh well, hopefully Reinfeldt will prove me wrong.
CashmoneyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Rafael Little chose jersey #32 to wear while at the rookie mini-camp, and when he walked onto the field, Jeff Fisher walked over to him and asked him to take off the jersey.

Quote:
Coach Jeff Fisher walked over to Little and talked to him briefly, and Little took off the jersey. Fisher told reporters that's not the jersey Little, who's recovering from a torn left anterior cruciate ligament, will be wearing.

"We had discussed it this morning. For some reason, someone told him to get dressed and come out. But that won't be his number," Fisher said. "He'd prefer to wear a different number than 32. You can read into it all you want."

Asked if the Titans were retiring the number worn by the player arrested six times by police before being traded, Fisher had a quick answer.

"I'm sending it to Dallas," he said.
I thought it was funny. Here's the link: Titans ban Pac-Man's #32

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:07 AM    (permalink
viclindsay

Link to Scott's Titans Analysis
Not only were many of the Titans picks shaky in terms of both value and need but in many cases it's the positions they didn't address (at least not adequately) that really leave them open to criticism. It is obviously still very early and maybe they will prove all of the experts wrong in the long run but at this stage the Titans effort looks awfully questionable.

If there is a single pick that epitomizes the Titans ineptitude when it comes to the 2008 NFL Draft it was their selection of East Carolina running back Chris Johnson in round one.
Pretty much sums up my impressions. Key word here: self-indulgent. The Titans are too easily swayed by work-out warriors and keep going back to the well at the same positions hoping they can throw quantity over quality at their problems.

Philip Merling, Kentwan Balmer, Devin Thomas, or Limas Sweed would all have been excellent first-round selections, and Chris Johnson (or a similar player) would have been available to them in rounds 2 or 3.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:16 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I really wish Reinfeldt had got the Packers president job or whatever he had a chance at last year because I really disagree with his drafting philosophies. That being said, I plan on mailing him my early big board for the 2009 draft and maybe asking for an internship or something.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:28 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans picks shakey in terms of need? Which pick didn't fill a need? And value as we all know is a pretty trivial thing that can't be measured easily of very accurately. Analysts can only stay true to their own boards and value determinations but those are basically useless so it's a pretty weak argument.

viclindsay, Sweed lasted until the 52nd pick. I seriously do not understand this logic at all. How was he an acceptable 1st rounder? He was *proven* not to be a good value pick at 24. For all we know Johnson may not have lasted another few picks - it's definitely possible. And I think it's very improbable he lasts until 53. As for Balmer, Merling, Thomas - none of them are better prospects than Johnson. They're all at about that late 1st-early 2nd level. Acting like Johnson wasn't value but those guys were any better value at 24 is confusing to say the least.

I think it says a lot the Titans could have just chosen a WR for the sake of it and avoided most criticisms. Nevermind this was the first draft in a long time no WR was taken in the 1st, and it wasn't exactly a draft bursting with 1st round talents.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:06 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Titans are bringing in Ron Dayne for a visit...

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../80521173/1027

In my opinion, this means one of three things:
1. Lendale's knee is a bigger concern than initially thought.
2. Chris Henry's a goner and Dayne's running style (very similar to Lendale's) fits our scheme better.
3. Just keeping tabs on a player that we like for some reason. Apparently, we talked to Dayne last offseason, but he ended up signing with the Texans instead.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:36 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

his dxurability is a concern so webring in a carbon copy
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Apparently, Kevin Jones also came to Nashville for a visit.

Personally, I like KJ's athleticism and versatility out of the backfield. However, he's had a ridiculous time staying healthy and would probably cost too much $$$ (for an oft-injured RB who would be buried on the depth chart).

I just don't see us signing KJ...though I could see us signing Dayne at some point down the road if Lendale's knee remains a concern.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

If were gonna bring these RB's in I see no reason to not at least bring in Shaun Alexander for a visit.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why Did we draft Chris Henry for?

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
because reinfeldt cant draft for ****. ;)
Old 05-23-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
I read somewhere (can't remember where) that our old RB-coach (Ray Sherman, I think) was absolutely enamored with Chris Henry and made a serious push for the Titans to draft him last season.

What's even worse is that, supposedly, we almost drafted him in the 1st Round instead of Michael Griffin. Can you imagine how awful that would've been?
Old 05-23-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I think the thing about us almost taking him in the 1st RD wasn't true. I think Fisher and MR just said that to try to change opinion of a perceived unpopular pick. Basically tried to hype him up. "We think he's so good, and we almost even took him in the 1st RD!"

But yeah, he was Sherman's love child. And now Sherman's in Washington, so Chris Henry no longer has his main advocate on the coaching staff.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Why hello TitanHope. How are you?
Old 05-27-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Heya CMD! Or should I say... VoodooMonkey? Why the name change dude?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.