Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 08-04-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
Wut the heck?????
It's from cast away my main man.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
My sarcasm was that drafting a running back because you run the ball too much just doesn't make any sense no matter what his skillset is.

As for Chris Johnson skillset, he's supposed to be lightning to LenDale White's thunder. But IIRC, wasn't Chris Henry drafted last year for his size/speed combination?

That makes Chris Johnson the third running back taken early (first two rounds) by the Titans in three years. And as you said, the Titans had bigger positional needs than RB's.
Titans #1 need on offense was for a #1 WR. Non in the draft stood out as such, so the next need takes prioity - speed and big play ability on offense. It doesn't really matter what position it comes in, it was sorely needed. I'm sure DeSean was looked at, but they obviously considered Johnson to be a better fit for that. He's not just a RB, he's being used out wide in camp as well. But it doesn't really matter, if you feel a certain player can add something to your team, it's silly to refrain because of something like that. For a running first team it isn't such a big deal anyway.

Also, the OC and RB coach was replaced this offseason so maybe they just thought Johnson was a better fit than Henry. If there's anything more foolish than taking 3 RB's in 3 years in the first 2 rounds each of the 3 years, it's not taking one you feel fantastic about because you're scared of what people will think. If they feel Henry isn't going to pan out, it's better to act than pretend otherwise.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
It's from cast away my main man.
Lol now i know what your talking about

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:25 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson is a god :)

Old 08-10-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey whats going on guys? I've been gone for a bit, school and work, but I finally got a chance to post. Watching the Titans preseason game and have a couple of notes to say after the first quarter and most of the second
-Chris Johnson is going to definitely help us out, whether it be out wide or in the back field. The poor man's Reggie Bush comparison looks to be pretty damn good, and he definitely seems like he can make a good secondary back for LenDale splitting equal time with him.
-Cortland Finnegan will be in the Pro Bowl this year, mark it down. Sure its only one game into the preseason, but he looks like a bonafide #1 corner. Pretty good for a 7th round pick huh?
-LenDale looks like he didn't lose any weight, but thanks to the monstrous line we have, he definitely can get 1300+ yards this year, even while splitting time.
-Jason Jones seems to be a very good pick in the second round, even though he made me scratch my head when we selected him.
-Young seemed alright, even though he only completed 3 passes. The footwork has improved, not always backpedaling now, and has shown the ability to step up in the pocket and look for the wide open receiver. The fact that we have Collins backing him up makes me feel good that if anything happens, the Titans can keep winning.
-Damn Reynaldo Hill!
-Crumpler will be Vince's favorite target, and will probably be the leading receiver in TD's
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seeing Chris Johnson isn't surprising what so ever, I knew people would bash that pick, and not understand it, but they will change their tune the more they see this guy play...I compared CJ and Felix all off-season, and from what I saw CJ had another gear Felix didn't have, and the way he ran away from people was incredible...Felix moves well in space, very smooth and fluid runner, if you give him an inch you could be looking at a 40 yd gain, give CJ an inch and its a TD, thats the difference, he will be a threat to score EVERY time he touches the ball, those guys are hard to come by in the NFL...He will make defenses focus on him, free up Lendale(who ran very hard also) and make everyone's job easier.

Its early but both Felix and CJ look to be special backs, great finds, but CJ has a rare acceleration/speed combo and I expect to see lots more long TD runs from him...Great pick guys, everyone else will start to come on board by mid-season and understand why they took him...I haven't seen Chris Henry look that explosive ever, and the proof is in the pudding, I saw all these things on his game film, and his game translates well.

Also can somebody tell me why I didn't see Lavelle Hawkins out there, is he hurt or what? Heard he has looked pretty good in TC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 08-10-2008 at 02:42 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:46 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend
Also can somebody tell me why I didn't see Lavelle Hawkins out there, is he hurt or what? Heard he has looked pretty good in TC.
I saw him out there during the 3rd QTR. I remember him being the target of a hopped pass, and him take a wack at punt returning, though he didn't have a chance due to a touchback.

Right now, there's been a few injuries to the WR corps. Roydell Williams is still out, and Justin McCareins is injured as well. I bet the coaches decided to play it safe with some of the WR's, as they didn't want to lose more to injury.

But, since Hawk didn't see much playing time, it tells me that they value his play so much that they'd rather risk last year's draft picks like Paul Williams and Chris Davis than him. You've heard right about him having a great camp - he has a good chance at being the starting slot WR pending on Roydell's recovery.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
EtrnlDarkness

Finn got his contract extended through 2011, $17 million deal with $8.5 million guaranteed.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../80815037/1027
Old 08-15-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why doesn't anyone talk about Justin Gage here? I'm expecting a breakout season from him this season.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Why doesn't anyone talk about Justin Gage here? I'm expecting a breakout season from him this season.
He's definitely been the most consistent WR so far in camp and the short preseason. I'd say he and Lavelle Hawkins looked the best when I was at training camp. I'd love nothing more than for him to get 75 to 80 catches and become our true #1. It would help out the rest of our WR's as well.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched about the 1st 1/2:
-VY looked awful. Seriously awful. 4/13..., he looked like he chose his recievers before the play, and he just threw the ball up. Huff almost had that interception...I just was not impressed by VY at all.
-Chris Johnson...holy cow. Good pick, I like what I see, very explosive. Only negatives I saw was on one play he kicked it out, and ran sideways for about a 2yard loss. And I saw a lot of drops. I thought he was supposed to be an excelent catcher?

Everything else was solid.
Vy was awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:29 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Raiders came to play football on both sides. The Titans offense came to play 'practice forcing the ball to the WR over and over again while ignoring the blitz'. Against the Rams the Titans WRs barely caught a pass with all the running and TE throwing going on, and there are no position battles with TE and RB, so little was learned about the WR's. It made sense to gameplan almost exclusively targeting the WR's against a good pass defense in the Raiders to try and sort our the WR corps. I mean, the Titans aren't going into shotgun pass for the first 3 plays of a regular season game, let alone shotgun 5 wide like they did on the first 2 I believe. The problem came from the fact the Raiders D were playing regular season football with blitzes coming seemingly most downs and the Titans seemingly weren't interested in trying to counter it, instead sticking with minimum protections, maximum WR's to get them the ball as much as possible. It's no coincidence Kerry Collins had the same % as VY, because they kept it going when he was on the field too.

Johnson had an iffy day catching but the throws were pretty bad too. The two in the middle were Kerry Collin rockets to the facemask, and the wide one was low. Still should bring them in but it's not like they were gimme's.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:10 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So.....

Any chance we'd consider going after Anquan Boldin if the Cardinals give him his wish and try to trade him?
Old 08-20-2008, 03:27 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
So.....

Any chance we'd consider going after Anquan Boldin if the Cardinals give him his wish and try to trade him?
Better then drafting Crabtree Harvin or anyone else in the next draft.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
So.....

I would try to make it happen, but not if it would cost us what the Redskins were trying to give Cincy for Ocho Cinco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw you guys extended Finnegan, nice job. He is a feisty guy, I like him a lot. Actually, he to me is the cornerback version of Steve Smith.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:43 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Yeah, I wouldn't want to give away a whole lot for him but I would definitely love to see him in a Titans uniform.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:49 AM    (permalink
peter1900

Titans is a good team, they can make all out. Football players need stamina for the entire game so how will they trained that much performance they will show.

============
peter
Tennessee Drug Treatment
Old 08-21-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How will your defensive line shape up? Is there a chance Vickerson, Antonio Johnson, or Barry Booker not make the team? What about Jacob Ford?
Old 08-21-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
How will your defensive line shape up? Is there a chance Vickerson, Antonio Johnson, or Barry Booker not make the team? What about Jacob Ford?
Pretty sure the two in bold will make the team. I'm kind of doubtful the other two will though. TBH I haven't even heard of Barry Booker.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:28 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Antonio Johnson has really impressed the other players and the coaches with his effort in coming back from injury. His spot is safe. I haven't heard much on Jacob Ford, but I wonder if he'll be placed on the PS in favor of William Hayes, a similar type of DE. Kevin Vickerson proved to be good depth when Haynesworth went down, so I think he'll make it too.

DE: KVB, Fisher, Hayes
DT: Haynesworth, Vickerson
DT: Brown, Johnson
DE: Kearse, Jones

I'm assuming it'll look like that right now. Jason Jones will be playing UT as well as DE, and I wonder if he moves there permanently if Kearse shows that he can be an every-down DE.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'm almost 100% sure they already cut Bryce Fisher TitanHope. My dad told me they did anyway. And even though I disagree with it, it seems like they are going to play Jason Jones at DT. To me that means Vickerson will be out and both Hayes and Ford will make the team.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Really? My bad. Well, if thats the case, then I really think Jason Jones will alternate between DE and UT this season. We have no one behind KVB and Kearse besides inexperienced, situational pass-rushers. Plus, can Kearse hold up over the course of the season? ...Whoo! Jacob Ford just knocked that guy the **** out!

EDIT: Well, after looking at the depth chart and roster, I could see Vickerson getting cut. It just depends if Antonio Johnson can play NT. If he can, then I can see Vickerson getting cut in favor of Ford, Hayes, or even Conover or Ball. If he can't, then I wonder if they'll use Vick and Johnson to man AH's spot in case he goes down. I agree that Jason Jones will probably become the future UT, but I think he sees a lot of action at DE and UT this year.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 08-22-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

A few cuts I was surprised to see from the Titans....
Calvin Lowry (Was our starting FS for a while last season, young, and brought depth)
Antonio Johnson (Young draft pick from last year, coaches have been raving about him all off-season, plus we don't have the best DT depth)
Biren Ealy (Only slightly surprised because he had a horrible preseason but coaches seemed to like him)
Ingle Martin (Had a great preseason but little chance to make the roster, hope he makes the practice squad)
Cary Williams (Only surprised because he was a draft pick and Titans are usually reluctant to give up on picks so quickly)
Roydell Williams (Our leading receiver last season, figured he'd be put on PUP)

Last edited by CashmoneyDrew : 08-30-2008 at 09:46 PM.
CashmoneyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

I can't believe williams got cut, i'm pretty mad about that, and johnson was a surprise.