Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 01-11-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I was with you up until you said sign Ray Lewis. Uggghh I hate that guy.
I was joking on that one though VD. I wouldn't be able to stand signing a rival player like him. I would like to make a good run at Johnathan Vilma, cause I think if we bring him back to a 4-3 offense where he is just allowed to make plays, I think he can revert to his old self. The safety position is rock solid with Hope and Griffin roaming the middle of the field. The D-Line needs Fat Al. Depth at the linebacking position is also necessary just because if either Bulluck or Thornton go down, it won't be pretty. KVB hopefully has a bounceback season, and our depth at the position is pretty good with Hayes, Ball and Ford behind him and Kearse. DT seems to also look good, as long as Haynesworth comes back, cause Jason Jones has showed us he has potential and Tony Brown is solid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Lewis will play in Tennessee the day the Titans fire Jeff Fisher in favor of Brian Billick.

Who knows though? Every major city needs a mass riot every once in a while...

P.S. Vilma is A-OK with me though! :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vilma would be A-ok with me as well. However, if I had my say, the big name FA we'd go after would be Nnamdi Asomugha. Could you imagine that secondary?
Old 01-11-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Vilma would be A-ok with me as well. However, if I had my say, the big name FA we'd go after would be Nnamdi Asomugha. Could you imagine that secondary?
Aso and Finny on the corners would just allow us to blitz those linebackers constantly. It would also allow us to allow our safeties to make more plays

Quote:
Old 01-11-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aso and Finny would give us the best CB in the NFL - hands down. Two All-Pro CB's on the same field = opposing QB's fail!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no way that we afford both Albert Haynesworth AND Nnamdi Asomugha this offseason.

So...

If given the choice, would you rather re-sign Haynesworth OR sign Asomugha???

Personally, I think I'd rather re-sign Haynesworth because he's the anchor of our defense and makes everyone else better. As tough as it is to find a shut-down CB, I think it's probably even harder to find a true game-changing DT like Haynesworth.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah, I'd most definitely rather keep Haynesworth and the continuity that comes with him. But if for some reason we lost him in FA and Aso was out there I'd want us to push hard for him.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Honestly, I don't think Haynesworth is make or break for this team as a whole. But with that said, I think losing AH would take this team from the best DL in the league to above-average.

Fortunately, next year's DT class looks to be great. So no matter what happens, we shouldn't be up the creek without a paddle.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Jones Sack Machine Haha
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Well, if we lost Fat Al it would hurt more then people think, but if it occurs, make that big push for Aso

Quote:
Old 01-13-2009, 08:23 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry for the dissappointing loss guys... my sympathies
There is always next year.
As a Colt fan I have become used to losing in the playoffs.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:38 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Guys, I really get the feeling Jason Jones was brought in because of the Haynesworth situation. At first, I thought he'd replace Tony Brown eventually at UT. But, Tony Brown has signed an extension, is young, and has played lights out. Unless they're pulling a Griffin and playing him at DT until they wanna switch him to DE, then I think JJ is AH's replacement.

That's theory #1.

Theory #2 is that after we lost 3 in a row the previous season when AH went down with injury, the FO and coaches thought it would be best to be 3-deep at the DT rotation. Jason Jones is not only depth, but also a backup plan incase AH elects to leave. But why use a 2nd RD pick on depth?

Either way, the 2010 is super bad. Marvin Austin, Gerald McCoy, Vince Oghabaase (Who is like AH jr), and more.

And thanks for the kind words, RCAChainGang. Was bittersweet to see Dungy retire. Personally, I admire him as a coach and person, and have the utmost respect for him. But, as a fan of a rival team, I sure am glad to see a great coach leave the division. :)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I've got dirt on OzTitan!!!

Scratch that! The man is a creative genius!!! :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I've got dirt on OzTitan!!!

Scratch that! The man is a creative genius!!! :D
FWOOOSSSHHH!!!!!

That's the sound of that post going completely over my head.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Lol! I was looking through TitansCentral to see if they had any CJ .gif's, and was looking through the Sig and Banner forum. Well, I came across a thread started by OzTitan, and he had this up. In his defenze, Oz said this was done while he was bored and that he was just experimenting with his animation software on his computer. Nevertheless, I thought it was amazing and am contemplating using it here as long as I get his permission! :D

You post on TitansCentral, VDM?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Lol! I was looking through TitansCentral to see if they had any CJ .gif's, and was looking through the Sig and Banner forum. Well, I came across a thread started by OzTitan, and he had this up. In his defenze, Oz said this was done while he was bored and that he was just experimenting with his animation software on his computer. Nevertheless, I thought it was amazing and am contemplating using it here as long as I get his permission! :D

You post on TitansCentral, VDM?
Nah, to be honest this is the only forum I post on. I occasionally lurk over at volnation but I never post. Those forums are crazy. What's your handle over at VN so I can keep a look out for some intelligent posts over there?
Old 01-13-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDM
Nah, to be honest this is the only forum I post on. I occasionally lurk over at volnation but I never post. Those forums are crazy. What's your handle over at VN so I can keep a look out for some intelligent posts over there?
My handle is TitanHope on VolNation and TitansCentral. I post most often on TC (260 posts), and I'm with you on the mostly reading part on VN (27 posts). I only post on VolNation when I have to - Like when some homer starts a thread saying he wants a DT like Mt. Cody for our new "Tennessee 2" Defense. Then I can't resist! :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
My handle is TitanHope on VolNation and TitansCentral. I post most often on TC (260 posts), and I'm with you on the mostly reading part on VN (27 posts). I only post on VolNation when I have to - Like when some homer starts a thread saying he wants a DT like Mt. Cody for our new "Tennessee 2" Defense. Then I can't resist! :D
Yeah, it can be a real negative when you have a forum dedicated to one team. So many homers and out there characters. There's some good info sometimes though.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I prefer our forums here at SWDC. It forces you take have a different mentality compared to a team only forum. You have to be positive and supportive of your team's players so that you can defend them from criticism from other fans. We also handle things better. Yeah, in the Titans forum we're rah-rah about our team, but that's not all we can talk about on this site. We also get told an outsider's opinion on our team. At TitansCentral, they don't get outsider input, and if they do, it's by a troll. So while they're going rah-rah, no one is keeping them in check. So when something bad does happen, they panic cause no one around saw this coming. We can rationalize things because of our mentality and because we've been warned by opposing fans that something can happen. On TC, they assume that since no one saw this coming, that it is unprecedented and that an equal act must be done to counteract the bad event (ie. Firing Jeff Fisher because we lost this past Sunday). If you're strictly positive on TC, then you're an apologist. If you're strictly negative, then you're a hater. If you're inbetween, then you're not as big of a fan as the other two groups.

I also think we're more knowledgeable on this site. As I said before, we just have so many perspectives to see things from. We're not friends with just Titans fans. We're fans with Colts, Jags, and Texans fans - something that'd never occur on a team only board. We're experts on our own team's weaknesses and strengths because we have to defend and argue them daily, but we also have to become used to the other teams in the NFL and their pros and cons. That puts us on another plane than the Titans fans on TC. Add in the fact that this site is a NFL Draft based site, and we also have a base knowledge of college players and teams, and the NFL Draft and it's processes. To enhance that knowledge, we must become accustomed to types of schemes, the teams that run those schemes, and how certain players fit into those schemes. We're two different types of fans, with us being more objective and them being more subjective.

I'm not meaning to brag or demean the knowledge of the fans at TC - many there know a lot about the team. I enjoy going over there because of that, and it's my #1 place for Titans related news. The Kerry Collins contract thing that I posted just today in the Draft/Offseason thread came from a thread there. But, I have no doubt that I get more quality information, knowledge, and opinion in 1,000-posts worth of interaction here than I would in 10,000-posts worth of interaction on TitansCentral.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 01-13-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

You sir receive an A+ for your SWDC dissertation.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best sig everrrrrrrrrrr....Even better than SHIPLEYZZZZZZ

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Merlin
Veteran

Merlin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey people,

Sorry if this has already been discussed (couldn't find it?) but whats your take on Kerry Collins, regarding his "start me or else" comment?
Old 01-15-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Hey people,

Sorry if this has already been discussed (couldn't find it?) but whats your take on Kerry Collins, regarding his "start me or else" comment?
"Start me, or else" sounds like a threat or something. My take on it is it's more of a "I want to be and think I am still a starter, and that's my greatest interest at this point in my career."

I don't really think it's a big deal to be honest. Also, I'm pretty sure he said this earlier in the season so I don't get why it's a much bigger deal right now.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'm of the opinion that Collins didn't have a good season, and that it's in the organization's best interest to start Vince Young next season in order to know if we need to draft a QB in the 2010 Draft or not.

Collins was behind the best pass-blocking OL in the league, and had a dominant running game, yet he ended up around the mid-20's in almost every passing statistic. Aside from points per game, the offense wasn't any better either, and Chris Johnson was the reason for the offensive production - Kerry Collins had 12 pass-TD's and 0 rush-TD's this season compared to VY's 9 pass-TD's and 3 rush-TD's the season before. The only thing Collins did better was his TD:INT ratio. Other than that, he was worse than VY and still had more playmakers and a better pass-blocking OL.

I think if VY comes back a little more relaxed after being benched, in the same way Donovan McNabb was after his benching, then he does an even better job than Kerry Collins.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

We've lost Schwartz to the Lions. To be honest, I'm not to bent up about it. I expect us to promote McGinnis to Defensive coordinator and not miss a beat.