Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 11-26-2006, 10:25 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Vince Young = modern Fran Tarkenton

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:50 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
QB VINCE YOUNG

(on what he was thinking on the play where Mathias Kiwanuka let him go and he got the first down)

I don’t know. I have no answer for that question. Thank God. Thank you for letting me get loose. He is a physical guy and I thought he was going to bring me down, but at the same time I’m trying to fight out of it and he just let me go.

(on it looking like a globetrotter move)

Yeah, that’s what Kerry Collins and Matt Mauck told me on the sideline. Kerry thought I threw the ball as well.
Quote:
HEAD COACH JEFF FISHER

(opening statements)

Wow. That just happened.

I will share something that happened with you. We came in the locker room at halftime, I don’t know where it came from, but I heard somebody come in and say look, we can’t let this thing turn into a blowout.

I really took offense to that as we kind of huddled up on the side before the half. All it was going to take was a turnover or a score by the offense and we would be right back in this game. So whatever the mindset was, it was going to have to change, because there was plenty of time to come back and make plays. That is exactly what they did. This was a total team effort. (It was) great execution on the last field goal, with Craig getting it down and the whole bit. Everything prior to that and leading up to that went the way it needed to go and I am really just proud of these guys.

I said several times I think this week that reflecting on four of the seven losses that we had, we had the ball in our hands at the end with a chance to make a play at the end and we didn’t. The difference between this team kind of moving forward and really taking a step is getting the ball at the end of the game and having a chance to win, and that’s just what we did.

It was a terrific, terrific effort by Vince. He had a great week this week coming off a difficult experience last week. You could tell it was going to be a big difference in his play. You’ve got fourth-and-10 on your own 20, and there is 2:49 left and I have a timeout and the two-minute warning and I’m going to turn this over to him and let him make a play, and that is what he did. It was a phenomenal effort. As a matter of fact he is getting IVed inside right now. He is cramping.

The play by the defense, by Pac, the defense the second half settled down, made adjustments as far as the run game was concerned. We stopped the run. It was a great win.

I can’t say enough about the fans. This place turned it up the last 10 minutes of this ballgame. We really appreciate it as I know it had an impact as well.

(on near sack of Vince Young on game-tying drive)

You ought to try and take him down yourself someday. It is hard. I mean it is hard to get him down. I didn’t see it. I don’t know if he thought he stopped momentum or progress or something like that. But when you have a mobile quarterback like that, you have to take him to the ground when you can.

(on team coming back from 21-point deficit)

I had a sense that the Giants were going to try to win the game with 40 seconds left, because of the momentum. I think that the right decision is to try and make some plays down the field and make a kick. Obviously momentum was in our favor and so, we just made a play. Pac made a great play. Craig made a great play on the ball, concentrated and finished it. There were two plays and Rob made the kick.

(on fourth quarter scoring drives)

We talked about it at halftime that if we didn’t do some things in the third quarter, we would have to pick the pace up a little bit, just go. We did some no huddle, some things there and it worked out well. Vince understood what we needed to do and fortunately we were able to communicate with him. With the stoppage of play with the review it was a great throw for the touchdown, a big-time play.

(on effort of Vince Young)

You can see what he did today. He used his legs and he used his arm. That’s why we drafted him. He took a big step today. I think the whole team did.

(on the Jones interception)

We fully expected them to get back to the run game. I guess for whatever reason we were fortunate that they decided to go no-back and throw the ball down the field. We pressured him, checked to a blitz, and he had to get rid of it and Pac made the play. He had a pretty good sense of what they were doing route-wise and things like that and he just ran finished the play.

(on Bobby Wade’s performance)

He had a career day in receiving yards. He works hard. He’s become more comfortable with Vince and Vince is getting more comfortable with everybody.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:56 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

8) :D :shock:

Old 11-26-2006, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got back home. Damn I hate the drive to Nashville from West TN....but the trip was wellllll worth it today.

What an amazing game. The first 3 quarters were some of the worst I've ever seen in the stadium. The whole place was so quiet, it was eerie. The only people that were yelling were the ones giving Fisher and the team hell. I bet 15,000 people left the game after the 3rd quarter, but not my ass. I was there screamin my lungs out the whole time.

Those final 12 minutes were nuts, the stadium went from dead silent to electric. Even when we were leaving you could still hear people inside screaming from the parking lot. Been a long time since we've had something like that to cheer about.

Vince and Adam were complete money down the stretch. Damn that was great. :D :D
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:34 PM    (permalink
TiTaNsFAN 1014
Rookie

TiTaNsFAN 1014 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default vy

i had a choice between starting VY or Brees in my fantasy team. I went with VY. I'm liking my choice = )
Old 11-26-2006, 11:38 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't get a chance to catch the entire game, but I did see the final 2 minutes and the highlights. First, Plaxico Buress seems to be football's Manny Ramirez, except he is not a top 5 reciver. He showed no effort to chase down Pacman on that interception. Second, what was Kiwi thinking of when he let Vince go, it was just bizarre. It seems as if Young has the moxie to rally teams, and Pacman has justified his high draft status. I always felt good about the Young selection, and still feel it was the right one. Great game, and now I get to taunt my bro about his lowly Giants who are spiraling towards oblivion.

P.S. Now that it seems as if the Titans could do no worse then 4-12(I could see them winning one more, if not 2) What players are we aiming at? I've always loved Patrick Willis, and we might be slotted to select in the 10+ range

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we take a LB at all, especially with the other needs we have. I'd still look at WR, DL, and Secondary wayyy before I'd look at a LB.

Our pass rush today was PATTTTTHETTTTICCCCCC.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:45 AM    (permalink
TiTaNsFAN 1014
Rookie

TiTaNsFAN 1014 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default draft

at this point its unrealistic to get Calvin Johnson, so i'm lookin towards getting Gaines Adams.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:49 AM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTaNsFAN 1014
at this point its unrealistic to get Calvin Johnson, so i'm lookin towards getting Gaines Adams.
good call as the pass rush needs some help
Old 11-27-2006, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
There's a good chance we won't be in position to get him either, because of tiebreakers if nothing else.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:03 AM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
Quote:
There's a good chance we won't be in position to get him either, because of tiebreakers if nothing else.
no, since adams isnt having a huge year this year, i think that he may be there when the titans pick. if not, they might stay at the position and go after quentin moses but i think that that would be a bad choice as moses hasnt done that well this year
Old 11-27-2006, 01:05 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just wanted to stop by and say I love the Titans!!!! Thank you so much for your help in kicking our NFC East Rivals' arses, all is forgiven with the Albert Haynesworth incident.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Quote:
no, since adams isnt having a huge year this year, i think that he may be there when the titans pick. if not, they might stay at the position and go after quentin moses but i think that that would be a bad choice as moses hasnt done that well this year
I disagree, Adams is having a good year. He had a sack in 8 straight games at one point this year, and in the game Saturday, he directly forced 2 INT's, one by swatting the ball, and another by hitting the QB as he threw, forcing a bad throw. He's listed on gamecenter with having an INT, but I don't remember it. I think he'll go top 5.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hey...

Congrats on the big win....it made my afternoon enjoyable again after watching the refs screw over my Raiders. What an exciting win. I hope VY lives up to his potential cause when he puts it all together he sure is exciting to watch. Cheers.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno
good game titans go vy

i like the titans forum 8)

windy > ron popeil
Old 11-27-2006, 04:01 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fisher kept saying VY was in for a great passing day soon, but I didn't expect it THIS soon! :P
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:10 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10
I cant believe i left that game early, i feel like such a dumb ass now but i honestly thought the game was over cause we hadnt done anything all game and the Giants were just taking it to us for three quarters

pac is having a very good stretch lets hope he can keep this up

and at first i was skeptical of us drafting young, but he has converted me into a fan of his

and most importantly we keep finding was to win :D
I left too with about 9 minutes left and the Titans down 21-0.

Literally, I walked into my apartment just as Bironas was kicking the winning FG as the Titans had scored 24 unanswered points for one of the biggest comebacks in franchise history.

NEVAH again will I leave early... :x :x
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:14 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Vince Young is fo real and I love that man for beating the Giants and helping the Cowboys. There was never any doubt in my mind that VY would be a great player and I'm cerainly not saying he's arrived yet but he's definitely showing why the Titans drafted him that high and that he will be able to do many of the same things he did at UT in the NFL which a lot people said he wouldn't be able to dominate a game like that in the NFL. All the critics and haters around draft time that just totally tore his game apart will be eating crow very soon if they're not already. Some people (not just here but in general) around draft time acted like VY wouldn't even be able to tie his own shoes in the NFL which was absurd. Dude doesn't get rattled or nervous no matter the situation, he's always as cool as the other side of the pillow and that should have been readily apparent from watching his college career. VY will obviously never be Peyton Manning but he'll also never be Michael Vick in terms of accuracy.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

No offense Mick and Titans10, but it was embarassing to see all of our fans leave after the 3rd quarter. I bet 15-20,000 were gone when the 4th started. The guy that sits next to me has left in the middle of 2 games this year, this one and the Jets game where we came back and had a chance to tie.

I bet there were 10 total people left in my section at the end of the game. Me, my friend, and 2 other guys that were in front of us were making all the noise we possibly could, banging the seats, stomping, yelling, everything.

Man up and stick with em through good and bad :P
Old 11-27-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
No offense Mick and Titans10, but it was embarassing to see all of our fans leave after the 3rd quarter. I bet 15-20,000 were gone when the 4th started. The guy that sits next to me has left in the middle of 2 games this year, this one and the Jets game where we came back and had a chance to tie.

I bet there were 10 total people left in my section at the end of the game. Me, my friend, and 2 other guys that were in front of us were making all the noise we possibly could, banging the seats, stomping, yelling, everything.

When i go to the games i don't leave till tthe 2 minute warning comes and we are down by more than three TD's, if i am going to come through NAshville Traffic i'm going to stay till the end

Old 11-27-2006, 04:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the VY bandwagoneers are showing up now, I know many of you Titans fans here were even angry when you took him, Since his Sophmore year and watching him in the Highschool Allstars games I have been saying he is the real deal, I was even mad when the Ravens didn't move up for him although Ngata is no bad deal.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:53 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I know. This was the first game that I've ever left early. And man, was I kickin' myself later on... :x

Anyway, to be perfectly honest (and this may be sacrilegious), I actually prefer watching Titans' games from home as opposed to the stadium--not that watching the Titans at LP is bad, per se...just kinda my personal preference.

Preds games on the otherhand are SOOOO much better live than on TV.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I prefer watching the games live. I like to watch the secondary and receivers, and I can't really do that on TV. I guess it's because I played DB, but I like seeing what coverages we run, and watching one on one matchups with whoever Adam lines up against. You can also better see what reads the QB is/isn't making usually live.

Plus when we have a game like we did yesterday, nothing can replace the electric feeling that was in the stadium at the end of the game. I was celebrating with people I don't even know, it was great.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:11 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
"It hurts, man," he said. "Any loss hurts, but this particular one to a team we should have beat the **** out of -- this one hurts more."

And why should the Giants have beaten the (expletive) out of the Titans?
"Because they suck," he said. "That's why."
Brandon Jacobs....... :roll:

Old 11-27-2006, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I know, I saw that.

I guess you have to justify it in your own mind somehow. Whatever he wants to believe, still doesn't change the fact that his team lost.