Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-30-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scaife is back in practice!

Also, looks like LenDale has the flu. I believe both Eugene Amano and Vince Young were inactive last week because they were sick too. Hope this doesn't become a further issue. :( We need LenDale and Amano both good to go this Sunday against Jax.

LenDale needs more touches. He's not the homerun hitter CJ is, but it seems CJ either goes 10+ yards or 0 yards. He was very East-West against the Jets; always looking to get around the edge for the bigger gain rather than getting what he could. We need less 1-3-0-2-12-1-3-24-0 gains and more 3-4-3-3-2-4-10-3 gains. The latter translates to shorter 3rd downs, and manageable 3rd downs will equal longer drives. I think LenDale can help with that.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

100% agree about Lendale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swore I saw Amano playing during the jets game.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was on the active roster but he did not start. I think Jeff said he would have gone in had Harris got hurt.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mock draft is over.

27. Derrick Morgan, DE Georgia Tech
91. Jake Locker, QB Washington
106. Bruce Carter, OLB UNC (Traded Scaife for this pick)
123. Perrish Cox, CB OK State
Old 09-30-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well i guess i'm a hater(ya i am admittedly) but i'd rather see javon ringer get some carries than white, he's probably the most natural runner we have although he doesnt have the bulk that lendale does he runs behind his pads well plus i just want lendale off the team! hah i said it!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Mock draft is over.

27. Derrick Morgan, DE Georgia Tech
91. Jake Locker, QB Washington
106. Bruce Carter, OLB UNC (Traded Scaife for this pick)
123. Perrish Cox, CB OK State
Looks good to me. Getting a pick for Scaife was good, but I'm not familiar with Carter. Morgan, Locker, and Cox are good with me and great value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
Well i guess i'm a hater(ya i am admittedly) but i'd rather see javon ringer get some carries than white, he's probably the most natural runner we have although he doesnt have the bulk that lendale does he runs behind his pads well plus i just want lendale off the team! hah i said it!
Eh, I think LenWhale gets too much hate and criticism than he deserves. I don't quite understand everyone's infatuation with Ringer either. Not just yet at least. He's still a rookie and hasn't proven himself, meanwhile LenWhale's TD run against the Jets shows what he brings to the team.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Finnegan has a hurt hammy. I think he should sit out the Jags game this week and the Colts game next week. Let it properly heal.

I say this only because a hamstring can derail a season, he and the Titans don't want that.

Not because I have David Garrard on my fantasy team and because I am a Colts fan.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post

Not because I have David Garrard on my fantasy team and because I am a Colts fan.
Child please!!!

I'd rather Finny miss this week so he can suit up against the Colts. Garrard, Sims-Walker, and Holt < Manning, Wayne, and Clark.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason McCourty has that side on lock-down anyways. Take all the time you need Finny!
Old 10-02-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Jason McCourty>>>>>>>Nnamdi Asomugha

Quote:
Old 10-02-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'm actually very confident in McCourty and Mouton. Both were impressive in preseason, and Mouton even got a Pick Six against Tampa Bay. But McCourty was most impressive to me, and he's got the speed and physicality needed. Plus, he's wearing Eric King's #30, so you know he's good. :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

QB Patrick Ramsey was released, and CB Cary Williams was brought up from the Practice Squad.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...te+CB+Williams

Wonder who gets the vacated PS spot.

Also, in a bit of off topic news, it turns out that one of them Erin Andrews nudie films was shot in a Nashville hotel room. Getting an odd, misplaced proud feeling from that... ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Is there more than 1 Erin Andrews film? I have only seen the first. :(

Kinda of suprised Ramsey got cut. I would like to see them bring in a developmental QB with the last practice squad spot.

Quote:
Old 10-03-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Is there more than 1 Erin Andrews film? I have only seen the first. :(

Kinda of suprised Ramsey got cut. I would like to see them bring in a developmental QB with the last practice squad spot.
"FBI agents said seven of the eight videos posted online were taken through a modified door peephole while Andrews was alone and undressed in hotel rooms in Nashville, Tenn., in September 2008."

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...el++ FBI+says

The dude probably had more footage. The stuff that hit the web was just the leaked stuff. Reports are that he was trying to sell some of it to tabloid sites like TMZ, etc.

I'd say Chris Henry or Rodney Ferguson get the last PS slot.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

So that was probably around the time ESPN was in town for the Vanderbilt and Auburn game.
I wasn't involved if you guys were wondering! :p
Old 10-03-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question for the Titans fans,how much confidence do you have in VY as a starter?
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Question for the Titans fans,how much confidence do you have in VY as a starter?
Me personally, not a whole lot. But I'm not going to pretend that that is a totally unbiased answer considering I didn't want us drafting Vince since jump street.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If he came off the bench if Kerry got hurt I would not be worried because teams wouldnt be ready for him. If he came in as the starter heading into the game however.....Im just not sure. I want him to do well, we all do, but he has shown us nothing as a starter.

Quote:
Old 10-03-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A lot more confidence then I have in Kerry Collins at this time. I was one of the minority on this board in drafting VY (I was also a fan of Leinart instead of Cutler, so look at that lol). I would like him to be a starter just because he has shown he could win games when it comes down to the QB making plays. These past couple of games, Collins hasn't shown that. He has actually cost us games versus Houston and New York. In terms of decision making, of course VY is going to be a bit (if not more) worse then Kerry. But in terms of game breaking ability, VY takes that hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
A lot more confidence then I have in Kerry Collins at this time. I was one of the minority on this board in drafting VY (I was also a fan of Leinart instead of Cutler, so look at that lol). I would like him to be a starter just because he has shown he could win games when it comes down to the QB making plays. These past couple of games, Collins hasn't shown that. He has actually cost us games versus Houston and New York. In terms of decision making, of course VY is going to be a bit (if not more) worse then Kerry. But in terms of game breaking ability, VY takes that hands down.
i'm basically in total agreement and was a huge fan of his coming out of texas, but honestly i'm foaming at the mouth about our chances at getting jake locker, if you watch this guy 2 years ago he was VY make 1 read maybe 2 then take off(which he is very good at) but watch him now and he is legit pocket passer but if he tucks it he is a real threat and beast STUD
Old 10-03-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
i'm basically in total agreement and was a huge fan of his coming out of texas, but honestly i'm foaming at the mouth about our chances at getting jake locker, if you watch this guy 2 years ago he was VY make 1 read maybe 2 then take off(which he is very good at) but watch him now and he is legit pocket passer but if he tucks it he is a real threat and beast STUD
Are you talking about Locker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I think VY has progressed as a passer. During his time in preseason, his footwork was much better, he had more zip as a result, and his passes were to spots on the field where the receiver was going to be rather than where they were. Plus, and maybe most importantly, it looked like he had his swagger back and was enjoying himself.

Is he as efficient of a passer as Collins? No, not yet. But consider the talent around Collins compared to Young's 2007 season. Young had no Chris Johnson, no Nate Washington, no Kenny Britt, no Crumpler and Scaife wasn't the player he now is, and the defense was deeper and better in '08 than it was in '07. And the return game and field position that Chris Carr produced was invaluable. Who was the returner in '07? Griffin? Chris Davis? Heck, even Chris Henry returned kicks. The result of that is now a highlight clip for the Colts.

I've never really been a big Collins fan and have always been somewhat of a VY apologist. But, Collins was the QB who was best for the team last season, and I think VY being out a season could have possibly saved his career. I still believe he's the planned QB of the future. He was the guy I wanted the Titans to get, and I saw how special of a player he was when he put Texas on his back and won them a championship. As a rookie, I saw that same player orchestrate one of the most memorable regular seasons I've ever seen the Titans have. I still think he's the same player. The NFL just caught up to him, he wasn't ready and tried to do too much, and things started snowballing for him. After sitting for a season, I think it's been a blessing in disguise and has allowed him to catch back up to this level of competition. Not to mention, he's been able to sit and learn Heimerdinger's system (which I like better than Chow's) and didn't have to learn it on the fly. He needed a year to sit, and he's had that.

If Young were to come in to play, I have confidence in him. I think by him being in there, it raises the level of play of the others around him and raises the intensity of the defense. He knows the system, is a better passer, and has talent around him that is much better than what he used to. I think 2010 is the year of Vince Young, though, and believe that Kenny Britt in his sophomore season will be a big part of it.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 10-04-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game. i don't get you guys, 0-4 is weird

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

It was not a good game. :(

Quote: