Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 11-18-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2...ifferent-bird/

How does Bud Adams flipping the bird have anything to do with, McDonalds, Chickens and PETA?
It doesn't.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
So, how about it?? Stomped on the Terrible Towel and lost 8 in a row including last year and the playoffs.

Lendale and Bulluck sign one basically nullifying it as well as Jeff Fisher saying he has one in his house and the Titans have hung one up in the locker room and the Titans have won 3 in a row.

What is everybodys take on this??
I don't believe in it just because it seems like ya'll make it up as ya'll go. Like, for example, I ghosted some Steelers boards to see if they were saying anything about Bulluck and LenWhale signing the TTowel, and some said that Titans players writing on the TTowel was disrespectful as well...even though it was meant as a good gesture.

What's deemed disrespectful or curse-worthy? What exactly does the Terrible Towel Curse cause? The Steelers to win the Super Bowl? The offending team to lose in the Playoffs? Offending players getting injured? It's kinda like the Madden Curse in a way that anything negative can happen, and someone can jump up and go, "Shouldn't have been on Madden..." When you think of the Madden Curse, you usually think of an injury. But, sometimes players don't get injured and just have a worse year than the one before. Well, under the "Madden Curse Casualties," the effect next to that cover athlete is that he had a poor statistical season.

So yeah, it really hasn't been around long enough for me to believe it. I only know of two teams to have been allegedly cursed for disrespecting the TTowel (Bengals and Titans), and that's too small of a sample space to be certain of what it even is or does. Still, doesn't mean I'm not gonna be extra careful if I'm ever around one. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Just wanted to let you know that the Terrible Towel curse has moved on to another team:

The Bengals. Again. They finally have a good year and then their fans ruin it for them. They'll never learn.

http://www.961kiss.com/pages/morning...Terrible-Towel
I don't think it counts when the fans do it - only when players do. Ya gotta think that rival fans have disrespected the TTowel thousands of times before.

Or does it count no matter who does it? See, that to me is another instance of making the rules up. What if I'm having a cookout with my neighbor who's a Steelers fan. He's got his Terrible Towel in hand, but he sets it down and my dog comes over, snatches it, and then tears it to shreds. I'm a Titans fan. It was my dog who tore up the Terrible Towel. Are the Titans now cursed again?

Quote:
http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2...ifferent-bird/

How does Bud Adams flipping the bird have anything to do with, McDonalds, Chickens and PETA?
Easy publicity, I guess. The demographic that follows football probably aren't card-carrying PETA members, so perhaps this is a way to get their message to that audience and show their sense of humor at the same time? *shrugs*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 11-18-2009 at 08:35 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:28 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

So yeah, it really hasn't been around long enough for me to believe it. I only know of two teams to have been allegedly cursed for disrespecting the TTowel (Bengals and Titans), and that's too small of a sample space to be certain of what it even is or does. Still, doesn't mean I'm not gonna be extra careful if I'm ever around one. ;)
The Browns cursed it in 1975. Subsequently they lost in the playoffs that year to the Steelers and look at them since then....

:) The link that HWJ posted has a video of the curse history of the Terrible Towel.

Of course I don't actually believe it but you better believe if I was in the NFL or even a fan, I would do the same thing as you. Be careful around one.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...in jury+heals

I like Nick Harper and all, but I hope he remains hurt till after the texans game. He blows agianst Andre Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see the point in starting Harper again. Rod Hood has shown to play the pass better which is what we needed from that corner spot and he's also younger so he has more upside for us in the long-term.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:42 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

terrible decision, nick harper should tell fish not to start him
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hood will still be starting for the Houston game tomorrow.

Here's what Fisher said in his Monday Press Conference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Fisher, from his Monday Press Conference
(on the player personnel in the secondary)

Were going to change weekly based on our opponent. We did some different things in the game plan and that was the design. Its been a while since we had six DBs on the field, but we had that package and felt like it was good to dust off.

(on the advantage to the six defensive backs package)

Those are game plan specific decisions that Im not going to go into.
Both Harper and Hood will see significant playing time, and so will Fuller. Harper is better against the run, but a liability in coverage. Hood is better in coverage, but a liability in run-support. Finny, Harper, Vinny, and Hood will all be utilized based on the opponent and matchups. When all 4 CB's are on the field, expect to see Finnegan and Hood outside, and Vinny and Harper inside.

Just because Harper will be labeled the starter doesn't implicate exactly how they'll be played. The way I look at it is "starter" is another label for "1st Down/Running situation" player. Harper is the better run-defender, so he's the starter. In passing situations, you'll have all 4 CB's in plus Hope and Griffin. In that situation, who knows who's doing what. Fuller may be blitzing, Hood and Finny may be in man-coverage, and Harper, Hope, and Griffin may be dropping into zone-coverage. Plus, sometimes Fuller would play FS in passing situations and Griffin would move up towards the LOS.

We run a Cover 2 - You rush 4 DL's and mix up your coverages like hell to confuse the QB. This is gonna be a good thing guys. We're not losing Hood to the bench, especially with teams like Indy and Arizona after the Houston game.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Hey guys, be sure to vote for the Titans in the Pro Bowl!

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

I think CJ is the only lock. I think Roos, Stewart, and Bulluck deserve to go as well.

Also, Van Heusen is doing a Fan's Choice HoF thing. You can participate here:

http://www.fanschoice.com/

My ballot was:

-Bud Adams, Owner
-Steve Atwater, S
-Eddie George, RB
-Ray Guy, P
-John Randle, DL
-Steve Tasker, ST
-Frank Wycheck, TE

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Frankie ever gets into the Hall I will die a happy man.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you guys feel about Nate Washington? I started to like him 2 seasons ago, but he is frustrating to watch if you guys have not noticed. I still can't believe he got a big contract for a number 2 or 3 reciever.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
How do you guys feel about Nate Washington? I started to like him 2 seasons ago, but he is frustrating to watch if you guys have not noticed. I still can't believe he got a big contract for a number 2 or 3 reciever.
He's been alright. I'd hoped for more from him, but with the inconsistency at QB and adjusting to a new scheme, his lack of yardage is understandable. He is leading the team is TD catches though, and is a big upgrade over Brandon Jones and Justin McCareins. The only thing is that drops have followed him from Pittsburgh. Everyone say the big one on MNF against the Texans. Perfect deep pass from Vince, and somehow Nate loses it. Like ya said, frustrating.

But, he's definitely helped, and at least makes our receivers respectable with the addition of him and Britt to Gage and Scaife. And I think he's been a good locker roon guy, especially during the rough start to the season.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:58 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

VY was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:29 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love all texas teams, and feel a certain love for the titans. I am so proud of this team. Vince Young is a bad MF'er.

And Chris Johnson is completely insane. I will say it once again...I was wrong. When the Titans drafted him I got mad. Boy, was I wrong...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I love all texas teams, and feel a certain love for the titans. I am so proud of this team. Vince Young is a bad MF'er.

And Chris Johnson is completely insane. I will say it once again...I was wrong. When the Titans drafted him I got mad. Boy, was I wrong...
So you're kind've a closet Titans fan, HH? Or do you just have a thing for football teams with 6 letter names that start with a "T" and ends with "ans"? :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Soooo pumped for this game vs Indy! Peyton Manning and Co. vs VY and CJ! There's gonna be a lot of great plays made in that game. I think it'll come down to whose DEF is most opportunistic and makes a play. In that area, I like our chances. Can definitely see a tipped ball and Finny or Vinny snatch it and take it for a TD! :D

I hope Jason Jones can play though! We're gonna need him.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Looks like Jason Jones is out. Justin Gage is questionable, and surprise appearance by Michael Griffin who's also questionable. If Griffin can't go, expect Vinny Fuller to play FS and Kaesviharn to play NB. Rod Hood was a beast NB in Philly though, so I wonder if he can push Kaesviharn for the NB spot vs Indy.

Also, some guy on TitansCentral.net had this in his sig...thought it was terrific.

Almost thought about making it my sig here.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Jason Jones is supposedly heading to IR. Guess his shoulder needed surgery and he couldn't heal it with rehab. Anyway, hope he gets back to 100% for our playoff run next year!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:08 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

This place http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?act=idx needs to die a slow and painfull death.

Quote:
Old 12-14-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
This place http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?act=idx needs to die a slow and painful death.
Bunch of idiots over there just like every other dedicated team board. My only wish is that we played the Jags one more time.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Would any of my fellow Titans fans be interested in co-gming with me for the December forum mock?
Old 12-14-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Would any of my fellow Titans fans be interested in co-gming with me for the December forum mock?
I would love to..

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
This place http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?act=idx needs to die a slow and painfull death.
Jags fans HATE us. They hate Jeff Fisher because he owned their ass the year we went to the Super Bowl. Beat them 3 times, including the AFC Championship game @ J'Ville. Jags only lost 3 games that season - all to the Titans. Fisher made one comment about their stadium being the Titans's 2nd home-field, and every Jags fan simultaneously shat a brick. Held onto those words practically a decade, and take shots at Fisher any chance they get. They very much have the, "We're the victim, they're the bad guys," mentality when it comes to us.

We are to them like the Ravens are to us, I guess.

I actually didn't know they hated us so much until I ghosted that forum and saw like a dozen thread topics related to the Titans. I was kinda stunned at first, but then it got comical. Seems they have this Michael Griffin vs Reggie Nelson controversy going on too, which is hilarious.

I'm just happy we have cool guys like Unseen and YFS on these forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Not Stephenson! In another forum mock last year, we both signed up and he got the Titans and I got the Broncos. Then, Steph goes inactive! So the Titans go on autopick for like the first half of the Draft, until STRIP was like, "Hey TH, ya just wanna pick for the Titans now?" So I did...not sure who I picked though. :D

Steph owes me an e-pology! ;)

I killed that draft for them too! *flex*. Except, I may have traded away Elvis Dumerville and D.J. Williams... I was able to trade away dead weight like Tim Crowder, Chike Okeafor, and Jarvis Moss for picks. And I got Robert Geathers, who I loved at 3-4 OLB, and Marcus Spears, an experienced 3-4 DE.

My Broncos Draft (Pre-Cutler trade):

1. James Laurinitis, ILB, Ohio St.
2. Rashad Johnson, FS, Alabama
2. Sean Smith, CB, Utah
3. Clay Matthews Jr., OLB, Southern Cal
4. David Bruton, S, Notre Dame
4. Jasper Brinkley, ILB, South Carolina
5. Dorrell Scott, NT, Clemson
5. Phillip Hunt, OLB, Houston
6. Rulon Davis, DE, California
7. Brandon Gibson, WR, Washington St.

Traded back in the 1st and picked up picks and Laurinitis. Regret it now, because Raji was available and he'd of been perfect. Rashad Johnson to play FS (no Dawkins). Smith was a steal to pair with another freak in Champ Bailey. Clay Matthews Jr. made up for dropping Dumerville - STEAL! Bruton is a ST's ace, and solid prospect - Denver drafted him. Brinkley is the Thumper ILB for the 3-4. Scott to develop into the future NT. Hunt and Rulon Davis were unknown guys who I liked. Hunt was super productive at Houston, and ideal fit at 3-4 OLB. Davis at 6'5, 285 was gonna be a 3-4 DE - Denver ended up bringing him in as an UDFA. And Brandon Gibson was strictly BPA.

Lost:
DJ Williams, LB
Elvis Dumerville, DE/OLB
Tim Crowder, DE
Jarvis Moss, DE/OLB

Acquired:
Marcus Spears, DE
Robert Geathers, DE/OLB
Chike Okeafor, OLB
Alan Branch, DT

Yup, total overhaul bitches.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 12-16-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Actually, I might not be able to do it after all. :(

You should totally still do it Islandboy.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'm totally up for Co-GM'ing for somebody. I wanna see the Titans Draft through ya'lls eyes. :D

Whoever is the GM though, you better use the Franchise Tag on Bulluck!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I'm totally up for Co-GM'ing for somebody. I wanna see the Titans Draft through ya'lls eyes. :D

Whoever is the GM though, you better use the Franchise Tag on Bulluck!!!
Wouldn't that be like having Bulluck with a $10 million hit on the cap for doing so lol? I would love to do it, but I'm still going through finals this weekend, so I wouldn't be able to commit the time necessary. I say whoever does this though, go out and sign Pepper or Kampman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote