Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 10-30-2010, 07:14 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude couldn't cover his sandwich with foil.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ouch, shows how well I've paid attention to the Titans lately. Thanks for the replies.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Heimerdinger is undergoing chemo for cancer.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This week can't get much worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Figured I'd share this here too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
While i really really hope that he recovers, what is the titan fans take on this from a football stand of view?
Dowell Loggains...could be a disaster. Here's his coaching experience, per TitansOnline:

Quote:
Dowell Loggains Coaching Ledger
2010: Quarterbacks/Passing Game, Tennessee Titans
2008-09: Offensive Quality Control Coach, Tennessee Titans
Ugh... The guy was Matt Jones's backup at Arkansas (if anyone remembers, the 5'5 midget backup they had that was the butt of a few jokes). Before he was here, he was just an assistant on the Cowboys that sat with the players when they went over film.

So basically, what I'm saying is that this could very well...

Not that it wasn't heading that direction without VY, but still. Yikes.

The good news is that Fisher will probably keep closely involved in the offense and have final say in crucial situations. But, Fisher isn't an offensive guy, so he's not exactly a guru. But he does have a **** ton of experience, so he's certainly capable.

The thing I personally am excited about is Mike Munchak's having a bigger part in the offense. He's one of the best OL coaches in the league, and was a HoF'er for the Oilers. If he's gonna be controlling the running game, then I'm pumped to see what he can do, how he helps CJ, and if he makes some changes along the line.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want us to bomb the rest of the season and draft Cameron Newton...better version of Vince Young...I'll take it.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually Mike Heimerdinger will be calling plays this Sunday and start treatment on Monday.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Football wise, that's great.

Health wise, I hope he's not putting it off just because this is a big game. I knew a girl who needed to have her arm amputated, but she refused to have it done until prom. She wanted her prom pictures to be of her with both arms. She died before the prom was even held.

Hopefully, this is a sign that they caught it early and can afford to wait a few days. If he was really sick, they'd probably start him immediately on chemo, radiation, and/or surgery. I wish I just knew a little bit more, cause I'd probably be able to give info that few others could.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone started a thread for the most important position for a defense and I didn't want to take it over, but for the titans it would probably be...

DT- I think we spend the most high draft picks on the this position- Albert Haynesworth, Randy Starks, Jason Jones, Sen'Derrick Marks, John Thornton. We are also pretty good at finding no name players and them becoming awesome ( Robaire Smith, Tony Brown, Joe Salave'a..... also there was some other guy in the late 90s that had one really great year (Albert Haynesworth like),but I think he got into trouble or got really fat and was never heard of again...refresh my memory if you know who i am talking about)

DE- another position we have a lot of High draft picks on- Jevon Kearse, Laboy, Odom, Bo Schobel, Byron Frisch, Kenny Holmes,Bryan Mix, Henry Ford, Derrick Morgan. And some good finds in Free agency and through trades (Kevin Carter, KVB, Jason Babin, David Ball)

Safety- Maybe y'all wont agree, but we were at our best when we had two elite safeties in Blaine Bishop and Marcus Robinson. Griffin and Hope had 2 good years together and we were awesome, but now Chris Hope sucks and Griffin is inconsistent (sometimes amazing, sometimes a JAG).

CB- Its really important in our defense, but lately our best corners have come from the late rounds ( Jason McCourty 6th, Cortland Finnegan 7th, ATV 4th ,Vinny Fuller 4th) This is probably the position we are worst at drafting at with alot of busts in the high and middle rounds (Andre Woolfolk, Ryan Mouton, PacMan Jones, Rich Gardner, Michael Waddell,Tony Beckham, Mike Echols). We had some good high picks too in Samari Rolle (great) Andre Dyson(good number 2) and Denard Walker (some thought he was the best nickle in the league for a while).

OLB- Just been average at this position (never really vested any draft picks in upgrading it) but , some good players have come and gone. Keith Bulluck and Eddie Robinson were the only constants we have ever had at the position. David Thorton and Peter Sirmon had a couple of great years.

MLB- See OLB. We used some mid round picks as stop gaps, but that's all we ever had. Randall Godfrey was a beast when he played here, I remember there was even a period of about 2 years were there was a debate about him being just as good as Ray Lewis. Stupidest FA loss of all-time including Derrick Mason and Lorenzo Neil.

Quote:

Last edited by DoughBoy : 12-04-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Looks like a pretty good list to me.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:29 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

In agreement, I think in this draft, I would not be opposed to letting Tully go in FA, sliding Witherspoon inside and drafting a stud OLB.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Man, we need to go into the offseason with the mind set to upgrade three spots on both sides of the ball.
Firstly, Chuck Cecil needs to go. He's an idiot and his defenses are too undisciplined and never adjust during the game.
As for the positions that need to be upgraded......
Defense: SS, OLB, DE
Offense: QB, TE, OG

Strong Safety: Chris Hope is done. He gets abused constantly in coverage and his tackling is sub-par. He's the weak link of what I feel could otherwise be a solid secondary.

Outside Linebacker: Witherspoon was playing well at the beginning of the season, but he's also part of the problem the Titans have covering tight ends. He does blitz well, but he's too one-dimensional. Plus he's not getting any younger.

Defensive End: Babin and Ball started fast but have hit a wall. I'm also not sure their run defense is as good as their pass rushing. William Hayes has done zilch and Jacob Ford is a liability in run.

Quarterback: Regardless of the Vince Young situation Kerry Collins is done. Rusty Smith has proven he's not ready to be a number 2 anytime soon. Could see the Titans signing a vet in Free Agency as well as spending an early pick here.

Tight End: Bo Scaife is slow and limited in route running that doesn't involve a two yard crossing route. Jared Cook hasn't done jack. That could be on the coaches for limiting him or he could also be Ben Troupe 2.0.
I could see the Titans using their early second rounder on Kyle Rudolph. He'd be a major upgrade.

Offensive Guard: Huge drop off in production here. Amano needs to be switched back to left guard if he's going to stay and Harris needs to go back to center if he's going to stay. Jake Scott hasn't made a good block all year from what I've seen. The Titans need to sign a big time vet here in FA. Luckily guys like Carl Nicks and Logan Mankins should be available.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacob ford is a liability in EVERYTHING. One of the worst DE's I've ever seen.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

What would you guys think about Fairly in the 1st if all 3 QB's are gone, Bowers is gone, and no Peterson or Amukamara (basically, if he's BPA)? Tony Brown is solid but unspectacular, Jason Jones is made of glass, Sen'Derrick Marks is taking his time developing, and the rest aren't even worth mention.

Cause Fairley's a freaking stud. 6'5, 300 lbs., and collapses the pocket like no other DT in this class.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'd be for it if that was the circumstances on draft day. Although seeing as how we're going to be losing out and picking 6th or 7th at best, I doubt that to be the case.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mentioned it in Scott's mock draft thread, but he never responded to it. I would definitely love to have Fairley in the middle for us.

But my god, it seems like suddenly we have so many pressing needs. Just funny how that all changes with losing.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fairley would be a great pickup in my opinion. I don't see myself being angry at anyone we take as long as they're located somewhere in the front 7 on D, or the front lines on O.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

David Ball is ******* terrible all the sudden. His pass rush moves consist of crash inside, Qb slides outside of the pocket with no pressure and vs the run his move is crash inside, Rb bounces it out for a 15 yard gain. And yes, there was a period in time I thought Jacob Ford was an up and coming DE, needless to say that ship has sailed.

Quote:
Old 12-05-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

The best thing is when Ford stands up before the snap, instead of being in his stance, like he's going to just explode off the ball and get a crazy pass rush.. only to be stopped dead in his tracks the moment an offensive lineman gets his hands on him.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I really dont care where we go in the draft as long as it isnt CB or WR. AJ Green and Patrick Peterson are the only exceptions I would make, because both are can't miss and we could move Patrick to saftey so teams wouldn't be able to throw away from him... <3<3<3

Quote:
Old 12-09-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This may sound idiotic (considering I haven't posted much at all recently so hi guys) but what about bringing in Brady Quinn? Its obvious that he isn't going to ever play in Denver, and he would be relatively cheap. Now I know that he never looked very good in Cleveland, but it is possible that it was because he was on a lackluster team where he was forced to make plays, to where he is just needed to control and manage the offense? Just an opinion on a solution to the QB problem that will arise.

In the draft, don't know much about the prospects given that I haven't followed much about them. But I would say TE, OLB, SS and CB to an extent is a need. Scaife needs to be cut, he just drops to many passes now and is a liability in pass blocking. Witherspoon and Mcrath are good not great, but Witherspoon isn't exactly a young guy so I could see him being replaced. Hope...ehh no need to discuss when we know he just is disappointing. I always feel we need to pair Finny with an elite corner. I mean Verner and Mouton and McCourty are not starters imo, and are better used as nickel and dime backs. I could see us going in this route in the first round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Eugene Amano to IR.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Thank god

BTW who wants to be Co-GM with me in the forum mock!

Quote:
Old 12-14-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Hmm, I did the last one so I'll just sit this one out. But if you need any advice just ask!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I didnt ask, I am telling....

Quote:

Last edited by DoughBoy : 12-14-2010 at 08:43 PM.