Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-11-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills have a ton of potential...........Whitner and Simposon were both quite good.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Rhodes and Coleman of the Jets a lot. Then Brodney Poole and Sean Jones are a good young tandem as well. I don't think you can include rookies in this. Huff and Shweigert(sp?) were solid last year, but probably not top 5. I'm interested to see how Terrence Holt works out in Arizona cause that would be a good group right there. Jared Page and Bernard Pollard could also be pretty good. Same with Whitner and Simpson in Buffalo. There are a lot of really good young safties, especially out of last year's class. Dawkins and Considine, Reed and Landry. Williams and Hamlin are great for the run, but I wouldn't like them teamed up against the pass. I like Archuleta and Mike Brown together.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glen Earl and CC Brown for sure, now those two are intimidating.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Archuletta flat out sucks.....
Old 05-12-2007, 07:01 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Glen Earl and CC Brown for sure, now those two are intimidating.
lol, that was great.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:18 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

When healthy, it doesn't get much better than Rodney Harrison and Eugene Wilson. Rodney Harrison is easily a top five safety if he is healthy. That's turning into a big if, unfortunately. Take from this what you will, because it could be my case in point, but it could also be completely unrelated: both Rodney and Eugene have been hurt for the better parts of the last two seasons, two seasons in which the Pats lost in the playoffs. The two years prior? They won the Super Bowl. IN those Super Bowl games, the first one, the Pats are up big, Rodney breaks his arm, Eugene Wilson pulls a hammy, both miss some of the third and the entire fourth quarter, Panthers come back and tie it, Pats win on a FG. The next year, Wilson gets hurt again, Eagles come back late. Coincidence? Maybe. But they were obviously doing something very right on the biggest stage of them all.

I think Sean Taylor and Laron Landry will be the best safety duo in the league this year, though, and I don't think it will even be close...
Old 05-12-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the saints' tandem has potential, but it probably goes to the Ravens.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Where are Lynch and Ferguson? #32 yeeeeeeeeeeee
31... ferguson gets benched first week of the preseason for failing to catch (insert slow players name here) on a trick sweep play... and foxworth takes over.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there is no question in my mind its the guys from baltimore... dawan landry is underrated but rising on peoples radars, and reed is oen of the best in the game

i think oakland has a top 5 overall secondary however
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:32 AM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

Troy Polomalu and the other guy
Old 05-12-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey what about Chris Crocker (soon to be Jimmy Williams) / Lawyer Milloy! We're goin for that #32 spot pretty hot and heavy...then again...even though Lawyer isn't the player he once was, he's still too good to be part of the worst tandem in the league...someone has to be in worse shape...oh yeah...CAROLINA!
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets duo of Rhodes and Coleman get my vote.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every starting tandem in the league has been named in this thread already, right? Just making sure lol
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course I enjoy the defensive backfield stylings of Ed Reed and Dawan Landry over all others.

However in the near future Ko Simpson and Donte Whitner will be an awesome tandem.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love what the Bills have in their safeties. Donte Whitner is already a top ten strong safety in my opinion and could escalate to a top five guy in a couple of seasons (probably won't get a tonne of recognition unless he makes a bunch of picks because our corners are ****). Ko Simpson is still pretty raw and was good last year, not great, but he improved all the way through the year and I only saw him make one mistake on a deep ball all year where he ran under it and got beat deep. Once those guys learn the game that the coaches want to play they will be able to dominate I think and once they fill in their potential they will be a top five tandem, especially because right now Whitner is only 21 with a July birthday, the day before mine :D, and Simpson is 23 with a November birthday. A lot of time for them to play football without getting old.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Anthony Smith and Troy Polamalu Please... at least #2 or #3.. I'll give you Reed and Landry for now, because Landry has proven more than Smith..

But Watch Smith this year.
lol your not a homer.

Smith has shown potential, but that doesn't mean hes a proven solid NFL starter yet. They aren't top 10 IMO.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Biggest homer ever. Harrison and Meriweather? I like Meriweather, but Harrison is a joke now.

Oh and #1 is definitly the Skins, Landry is a god, it doesn't matter if he hasn't played a snap.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
Biggest homer ever. Harrison and Meriweather? I like Meriweather, but Harrison is a joke now.

Oh and #1 is definitly the Skins, Landry is a god, it doesn't matter if he hasn't played a snap.
i'll bet anything that Rodney still covers better than Roy
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone on here is just advocating for their teams safeties. Well, let me bet the first to question my own. Briz5x had us at 5. I wouldn't put that there just yet. Williams will be able to recover better this year IMO because he's putting off some weight and gaining back some speed. Howver, he's still not the a top-10 coverage guy. It's a wait and see kind of thing. Maybe he'll be better, maybe he'll need more work. Hamlin is more versatile, and he's a ballhawk, but he's still not an elite coverage guy. He's great, don't get me wrong, but he's also a wait and see thing, too. So, yes the Cowboys have a good tandem as of now. I believe if Roy can gain his speed back, he can be a top-10 guy, but right now, there's not reason to put us up there. We all hope for the best, but nothing is as sure as many other safety tandems right now.

If I were to have to rank the safeties, I'd say Landry and Reed is definately 1. I hate to say it, but Taylor and Landry in Washington is #2, and I think it'll be the best soon. I believe strongly in Landry, and I think that in a year or two, he'll be the best. Taylor is great, too. One of the best. Well, two more teams that I think have big potential in a year or two a The Bills, and the Indianapolis Colts. The Bills have two up-and-comers that I loved coming out last year. That could be one heck of a tandem when both mature a bit more. The Colts have Bob Sanders, who is obviously a top-5 safety and Antione Bethea, who I really like.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be a homer and say Bob Sanders and Antoine Bethea are top 5. Bethea is my boi.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post

Did you just call someone a homer? Take a look in the mirror buddy.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Huff hardly disappointed last year. He didn't have a lot of big plays, but he was great in coverage. They shouldn't be on the list though.
Especially considering that this year their safety positions is going to look like:

SS - Huff/Bing
FS - Schweigert/Huff
Old 05-12-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Especially considering that this year their safety positions is going to look like:

SS - Huff/Bing
FS - Schweigert/Huff
Big is a LB now right, I even think his number is in the 50's.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God I hope Bing is never the starting SS, it would be Gibson part 2. Only time I ever want Bing on the field is if he's stacked on the line, otherwise he'll get worked in coverage. Stu and Huff are top 15 but not top 5. Huff had a very solid year, but Stu is on the bubble, he misses a lot of tackles by taking horrible angles... Landry/Reed is def. tops and I think Sanders/Bethea is solid. Look out for Wilson/Holt this year also.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bing moved back to compete at safety as is # 29...
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote