Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Gold's overated.Hes average.DJ is a beast though.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Denver 11-5
2. San Diego 10-6
3. Kansas City 8-8
4. Oakland 5-11
Old 05-12-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Gold is average at best i'll admit.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Man I'm not looking forward to facing Bowe twice a year. I was hoping the Chiefs would take Meachem. Ah well....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

661rep hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Man I'm not looking forward to facing Bowe twice a year. I was hoping the Chiefs would take Meachem. Ah well....
Personally I don't think it matters... I think Bowe and Meachem are on the same level. I have confidence in our secondary tho and thinking about Bowe to the Chiefs I just realised that both of J.Russ targets in college (Bowe and Davis) are playing in the AFC west.
661rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I could really care less about Bowe.We got Aso and Fabs.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Doubt, I'm not really worried about any receiever unless they get deep and Stu has to cover...Fab is on pace to have a breakout year this year, and Nam finally broke through last year, and with the lack of any true #1 in the west the secondary should be fine.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the ignorance to other teams here. Like stating there isn't a true #1 WR in the West. Javon Walker isn't a true #1? My lord...
The Broncos don't have as many question marks as people think. Their WR depth is fine, OL is fine, DB's fine. Really there are 4 main questions IMO:
1. How well will the injured players from last year come back?
2. How well will DJ Williams be able to hold the MLB position?
3. How much will Jay Cutler progress in his 2nd year?
4. Will the DL be improved?
Losing Lepsis, Ferguson, and Sam Brandon for the year last year and having other players go through various injuries, like Warren, Smith, Wilson and the RB's really hurt.
I think DJ will be able to make a good transition to the MLB role and will probably play better than Wilson did last year. If this team stays healthy this year, they'll probably win 10-12 games and make the playoffs. I don't think they'll do anything special, but the year after, I think they can really go far.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
The Broncos don't have as many question marks as people think. Their WR depth is fine, OL is fine, DB's fine. Really there are 4 main questions IMO:
1. How well will the injured players from last year come back?
2. How well will DJ Williams be able to hold the MLB position?
3. How much will Jay Cutler progress in his 2nd year?
4. Will the DL be improved?
Those are four pretty big questions....
injuries can decimate a team if players dont recover...the MLB is the heart of the defense and without that it makes the team very weak...Cutler may have looked good but if one of your teams biggest ?'s is in the QB position it could mean trouble (not all the time, as a Chargers fan I know Rivers had his ?s and the Chargers did fine) but still, its another thing they have to deal with...not to mention like you say its a ? as to if the d-line will improve...
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Those are four pretty big questions....
injuries can decimate a team if players dont recover...the MLB is the heart of the defense and without that it makes the team very weak...Cutler may have looked good but if one of your teams biggest ?'s is in the QB position it could mean trouble (not all the time, as a Chargers fan I know Rivers had his ?s and the Chargers did fine) but still, its another thing they have to deal with...not to mention like you say its a ? as to if the d-line will improve...
I think 3 of those questions will be answered right away though. From what I've heard, the coaches are backing DJ up 100% and feel he can get the job done. Like I said, he couldn't do worse than what Al did last year. Anyone who watched him play could tell he was hurt nearly all the second half of the season and played pretty bad. Also, every injured player is scheduled to make a full recovery and be ready for training camp. Cutler, well, I fully predict him to continue his progression. He'll have his growing pains, like Rivers did as well, but for the most part I think he will do fine.
The DL's fate though will be determined by how well Crowder, Moss and Thomas perform. It can't be worse than last year, so we'll see.
Like I said, I think this team has enough to win 10-12 games depending on situations and make the playoffs, but not enough to go far. Maybe win a game, but nothing spectacular. And to be honest, I think this team is better than the 2005 squad that went 13-3 and to the AFC Championship game. We'll see though how things play out though.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I think 3 of those questions will be answered right away though. From what I've heard, the coaches are backing DJ up 100% and feel he can get the job done. Like I said, he couldn't do worse than what Al did last year. Anyone who watched him play could tell he was hurt nearly all the second half of the season and played pretty bad. Also, every injured player is scheduled to make a full recovery and be ready for training camp. Cutler, well, I fully predict him to continue his progression. He'll have his growing pains, like Rivers did as well, but for the most part I think he will do fine.
Eh....

I would hardly say they are answered already...coaches backing a player at a position is hardly an answered question...what do you expect them to say, DJ can't do it, we're in trouble? Plus I know a lot of Denver fans who wouldn't agree that losing Wilson is no big deal there...

Injuries aren't as big of a question as long as the players are on pace to make a full recovery, but even if they are on pace, its stilla quesiton if they can play after the injury...probably the more important question is not will they recover but how will the recovery effect them?

And as for Cutler that's personal opinion and speculation...not going to really get into a debate over it because I tend to think he'll be fine too, but opinion isn't really proof either..

I didn't quote the rest of ur post, but I agree with it. Despite the questions I think there are I don't think 10-12 wins is out of the question at all, I see them with a 10-6 record at the end of the year. better then the team a couple years ago? Idk, ur probably in a better position to comment on that then me, i dont agree with that though.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Eh....

I would hardly say they are answered already...coaches backing a player at a position is hardly an answered question...what do you expect them to say, DJ can't do it, we're in trouble? Plus I know a lot of Denver fans who wouldn't agree that losing Wilson is no big deal there...

Injuries aren't as big of a question as long as the players are on pace to make a full recovery, but even if they are on pace, its stilla quesiton if they can play after the injury...probably the more important question is not will they recover but how will the recovery effect them?

And as for Cutler that's personal opinion and speculation...not going to really get into a debate over it because I tend to think he'll be fine too, but opinion isn't really proof either..

I didn't quote the rest of ur post, but I agree with it. Despite the questions I think there are I don't think 10-12 wins is out of the question at all, I see them with a 10-6 record at the end of the year. better then the team a couple years ago? Idk, ur probably in a better position to comment on that then me, i dont agree with that though.
I meant more along the lines that 3 questions will be answered early in the season, not now. It will be easy to see whether or not DJ can get the hang of the MLB in games, the team recovers from injuries and Cutler progresses. If this doesn't happen early, then probably the team will go from 8-8 to 10-6.
Well, consider specific positions, and the Broncos now have better talen than they did there than in 2005. The offense is immensly better now, while the only drawback really is not having a healthy Al Wilson on defense.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 661rep View Post
Personally I don't think it matters... I think Bowe and Meachem are on the same level. I have confidence in our secondary tho and thinking about Bowe to the Chiefs I just realised that both of J.Russ targets in college (Bowe and Davis) are playing in the AFC west.
The thing with Bowe is that he is so physical compared to Meachem. Fabian Washington totally negates Meachem's speed as he is faster, but a tough, physical WR like Bowe could give him problems. Nnamdi can handle pretty much anyone, so I'm not worried about him.

And Javon Walker is absolutely a bonafide #1 WR in this league. And for what the AFC West lacks in WRs, it makes up for in RB's and TE's.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I meant more along the lines that 3 questions will be answered early in the season, not now. It will be easy to see whether or not DJ can get the hang of the MLB in games, the team recovers from injuries and Cutler progresses. If this doesn't happen early, then probably the team will go from 8-8 to 10-6.
Well, consider specific positions, and the Broncos now have better talen than they did there than in 2005. The offense is immensly better now, while the only drawback really is not having a healthy Al Wilson on defense.
Oh wow, im stupid....i guess i missed the part where you said "will be answered right away" and took that as are already answered...don't know why i got that out of it...
Old 05-14-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Javon Walker is only servicable as a #1 and could be upgraded, therefore I don't consider him a true #1, he'd play second fiddle on soo many teams, he just happens to play with an aging Rod Smith, a lifetime slot Stokely and an unproven Marshall defaulting him as a #1. Why is it that Bronco fans have been unable to take critizism on their players, if you're such a godly team then why can't theses guys win in the playoffs or even make it? Open your eyes and realize you're a mid level team and have some areas that could be vastly improved i.e WR,LB,S.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
Javon Walker is only servicable as a #1 and could be upgraded, therefore I don't consider him a true #1, he'd play second fiddle on soo many teams, he just happens to play with an aging Rod Smith, a lifetime slot Stokely and an unproven Marshall defaulting him as a #1. Why is it that Bronco fans have been unable to take critizism on their players, if you're such a godly team then why can't theses guys win in the playoffs or even make it? Open your eyes and realize you're a mid level team and have some areas that could be vastly improved i.e WR,LB,S.
I'd consider Javon Walker a number one...I Don't think I'm the only one either he's one of the best guys in the league, the only ?s around him really were how his injury would effect him.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
Because you are ignorant if you think Walker would be a #2 WR on "so many other teams." The guy is a legit #1 WR, you are like the only person I've heard say he isn't. Whatever though.
I will say the Broncos could use a #3 WR, but I believe Walker and Marshall will form a good 1-2 punch at WR. LB needs upgraded, but is decent enough IMO. Safeties do need upgraded because Lynch and Ferguson are old, but they are adequate. Sam brandon can probably replace one of them and do fine.
We'll just take another sweep of the Raiders this next year, get to the playoffs and see what we can do. I'm not expecting a lot this year, as a lot of players were added and guys need to progress some more.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

You should sweep the Raiders, they're re-building, I'm able to grip reality and I know my team has a lot to prove. I'm sure I'm not the only person to ever say Walker isn't a legit #1, I actually know I'm not as I've heard this out of other NFL players mouths, as in more than one. I'm not majorly connected into the game but I know a few respectable starters in the NFL that share my sentiments, and yes 2 of them are WR that are leaps and bounds better than Walker. As for you implying that you are a sure fire lock to playoffs, get real with yourself, you're an outside chance and will not win the division. SD has the draw on all the west teams until proven otherwise. Even if you go, this is where your team has struggled since Elway left and Cutler has as many question marks as your LB core and D-Line. Sam Brandon, lol , by the way...Learn to take some criticism, this isn't NFL live we don't have Den. bias here...
Old 05-14-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
You should sweep the Raiders, they're re-building, I'm able to grip reality and I know my team has a lot to prove. I'm sure I'm not the only person to ever say Walker isn't a legit #1, I actually know I'm not as I've heard this out of other NFL players mouths, as in more than one. I'm not majorly connected into the game but I know a few respectable starters in the NFL that share my sentiments, and yes 2 of them are WR that are leaps and bounds better than Walker. As for you implying that you are a sure fire lock to playoffs, get real with yourself, you're an outside chance and will not win the division. SD has the draw on all the west teams until proven otherwise. Even if you go, this is where your team has struggled since Elway left and Cutler has as many question marks as your LB core and D-Line. Sam Brandon, lol , by the way...Learn to take some criticism, this isn't NFL live we don't have Den. bias here...
I can take it, its just that you seem to have a severe anti-Broncos bias because if I just read what you have to say, it seems like the Broncos are a horrible team that will be lucky to win 8 games. Also, again, you are the first person to say that Walker isn't a legit #1. There are other WR's who are better but Walker is very good. I bet he would be a #1 on a lot of teams.
I do think the Broncos will win between 9-12 games this year, most likely 9-10. I think that will be good enough to get in the playoffs. And like I said, I do not expect them to go far. The rookies on the DL need to get some experience, as well as DJ playing the middle. Cutler needs another year as well, I don't think he has as many question marks as you say he does. He'll have some growing pains, but for the most part I think he'll do pretty well.
Lastly, Sam Brandon, I guess you don't know who he is. He is a solid safety who was in a sense the nickle corner at times for the Broncos last year and the year before who covered for the most part TE's. He is very solid, and the Broncos took a huge hit on defense when he got hurt last year.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

I guess you didn't read off the first page where I said Den. will will 9 games and take a wild card... I'm not saying you're horrible I just think you're overrated by some of your super homer fans... Den. has a lot of room for improvement, but it seems some of the fan base sees 12-14 wins and I think that is waaay off base with a soph. QB, a LB core that's getting shuffled, an average S core, A question mark D-line and WRs that may perform big or just hinder off wether Marshall can even be the #2. Obviously I'm not a Bronco fan but I get annoyed by how it seems this team gets played up big every year and always falls hard on it's ass in Dec. or Jan.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denver's LB crew looks like it will be Gold-Williams-Holdman from defensive right to left. Gold is ok, but he's not a world beater by any means. And Warrick Holdman as a starting LB? That's not a good thing.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't see the Raiders finishing 5-11. I see them doing a little better 6-10 7-9 range.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

Quote:
I guess you didn't read off the first page where I said Den. will will 9 games and take a wild card... I'm not saying you're horrible I just think you're overrated by some of your super homer fans... Den. has a lot of room for improvement, but it seems some of the fan base sees 12-14 wins and I think that is waaay off base with a soph. QB, a LB core that's getting shuffled, an average S core, A question mark D-line and WRs that may perform big or just hinder off wether Marshall can even be the #2. Obviously I'm not a Bronco fan but I get annoyed by how it seems this team gets played up big every year and always falls hard on it's ass in Dec. or Jan.
Every team has the homer goggle fans. I don't see any more than 12 wins, and even getting 11-12 wins may be a stretch.
Even in some talks people(media) are ranking the Broncos in the top 5 in the NFL and that boggles my mind personally.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

let's rank the top unit of each category by team...

QB-1.I'm going to say SD here based on Philip Rivers performance last year and having Volek and Whitehurst.
2. DEN- Cutler is promising and Ramsey is solid coming in...
3.KC- Huard was good coming off the bench and Croyle has promise.
4.OAK- McCown has to prove he can handle a full season again, Walter looked decent when protected but has butter fingers, Rusell warms the bench.

RB-1.SD- LT and Neal don't need to say more..
2.KC-LJ is a beast
3. OAK- Give the edge to the Jordan/Rhodes duo because both when clicking are solid performer running and catching the ball.
4.DEN- Henry is a solid starter, but I'm not sold on Mike Bell...

WR-1.OAK- Despite the loss of Moss this group still has potential w/ Porter, Curry, Williams, Gabriel, Higgins and Morant.
2.DEN- Walker, Marshall, Smith and Stokley could be solid.
3.SD- Davis could shine, Jackson, Floyd, Parker.
4.KC-Bowe, Kennison, Parker, Hannon, Gardner- solid potential...

TE-1.SD-Gates and Manumaleuna were great last year.
2.DEN- Graham and Schefler could do some damage.
3.KC- Gonzalez is a still pro-bowler, Dunn blocks and Allan has potential.
4.OAK- Miller could be a star, but's never touched the field, Stewart is a solid bloaker and you can't pencil in anybody else,wait and see who wins out.

OL-1.SD- Hardwick, McNeil, Dielman anchor solid line.
2. DEN- Doesn't even matter who they field, they will cut people down and get Henry to 1,000 plus.
3.OAK- Gutsy call, but w/ the change of the scheme and shuffling Gallery and Sims and adding Carlisle and Newberry who are both ZBS experienced this line could surprise.
4.KC-Aging and replacing Pro-Bowlers with what's left over. Waters and Wiegmann will need to step it up as leaders for some of the younger guys. Macintosh is one the only other long tnured vets.

DL- 1.SD- Castillo, Williams and Cesaire/Olshanky are Money...
2.OAK. Burgess and Sapp posted Double digit sacks, Terdell Sands is an up and coming run stuffer and Moses/ Huntley are young promosing talent as well.
3.DEN- I don't like to rely on players that have never set foot on the field but Moss, Crowder and Thomas are huge improvements and inject youth into the former Brown burnouts. This unit has potential to be the best in the division if they gel.
4.KC- Allen and Hali are solid, Mcbride will proabably rotate in with them. Tyler will start as the NT right away, and newly acquired Boone will probably play UT.

LB- 1. SD- Merriman, Phillips, Cooper Wilhelm and Now Siler and Waters to add to depth.
2. OAK- Kirk Morrison has been Pro-Bowl worthy and Thomas Howard had an awesome rookie Year. The opposite side will go to either Williams or Thomas but as a tandem last year they both performed well.
3. KC- Edwards is older but still can play solid, add him on to Johnson and the newly acquired Harris and this group looks better with Bell rotating in.
4. DEN- Williams is the only superstar here and he'll be going to the middle to replace unit leader Al Wilson. Gold will play the weakside which suits his speed, but he's average. Holdman will probably round out this group and it looks unimpressive so far.

DB- 1.OAK- This is for the unit as a whole and OAK fields the best 4 players here with Asomugha and Washington at the corners and Huff and Stu. Routt and Bowie add decent depth at CB and Starks may or may not make the team. Bing and Frampton add good hitting S depth.
2. DEN- Despite a weaker S core, Champ and Bly is scary on the field at the same time. Lynch is still servicable as a starter and Brandon supposedly can step in and perform. Foxworth will likely be the nickelback and he played well when asked last year.
3. KC- Law despite aging has played younger. Jarred Page is a young up and comer who plays opposite of another youngnster in Pollard. This group should be solid.
4. SD-this is probably the rare weak spot on this team. Jammer and Florence are a servicable tandem with Cromartie coming in. Jue and and Hart are decent with the youngster Weddle ready to step in and get some playing time away from McCree.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
DB- 1.OAK- This is for the unit as a whole and OAK fields the best 4 players here with Asomugha and Washington at the corners and Huff and Stu. Routt and Bowie add decent depth at CB and Starks may or may not make the team. Bing and Frampton add good hitting S depth.
2. DEN- Despite a weaker S core, Champ and Bly is scary on the field at the same time. Lynch is still servicable as a starter and Brandon supposedly can step in and perform. Foxworth will likely be the nickelback and he played well when asked last year.
3. KC- Law despite aging has played younger. Jarred Page is a young up and comer who plays opposite of another youngnster in Pollard. This group should be solid.
4. SD-this is probably the rare weak spot on this team. Jammer and Florence are a servicable tandem with Cromartie coming in. Jue and and Hart are decent with the youngster Weddle ready to step in and get some playing time away from McCree.
just nit-picking here....McCree is our best safety, and the second best player in the secondary. He had one bad play in the playoffs, that personaly I'm not even mad at him for trying to make. Weddle is going to play opposite him, not in place of him.