Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-21-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys who are clamoring that Nicks is not worth the money are dead wrong. We will have around 20 million. That's enough to get him and another solid player or two. We have enough JAGs. There is a time to bargain shop, and there is a time to spend big. We've done enough bargain shopping.

For those of you who don't think guard is that important so we shouldn't do it, go learn some football and then come back please. Nicks isn't even 27 yet and is a legit stud.

He is worth the price we have to pay. Keep wanting to make bargain deals and we will continue to be 8-8 and struggle to beat good teams.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
You guys who are clamoring that Nicks is not worth the money are dead wrong. We will have around 20 million. That's enough to get him and another solid player or two. We have enough JAGs. There is a time to bargain shop, and there is a time to spend big. We've done enough bargain shopping.

For those of you who don't think guard is that important so we shouldn't do it, go learn some football and then come back please. Nicks isn't even 27 yet and is a legit stud.

He is worth the price we have to pay. Keep wanting to make bargain deals and we will continue to be 8-8 and struggle to beat good teams.
Why argue? The Saints are going to franchise him if they can't get a long term deal done.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anyone is saying he's not 'worth' it from the standpoint of his play. I just think it's a matter of allocation of resources.

With that $7 million or so, we could fill two holes instead of one.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want him. I like him a lot; I just have to know what I have to do without so that we can have him. Know what I mean?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You always seem to be on the attack. Relax buddy!!!!

I agree with Macarthur on this one. I'd rather fill 2 positions than one. If you get a guy like Nicks, you'll then only be able to fill 1-2 other spots with basically JAG's at that point because you've spent all your money. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Nicks and would love him, but not willing to spend that kind of cash. The draft is deep this year for IL.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quality over quantity, guys. Understand that it's much better to sign one elite guy and a decent starter, than two above average starters. I'm done with the mediocrity, i don't know why you all keep pushing for the same things we've been doing the past three years.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
You always seem to be on the attack. Relax buddy!!!!

I agree with Macarthur on this one. I'd rather fill 2 positions than one. If you get a guy like Nicks, you'll then only be able to fill 1-2 other spots with basically JAG's at that point because you've spent all your money. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Nicks and would love him, but not willing to spend that kind of cash. The draft is deep this year for IL.
Totally agree with you there. I love this year's OG draft class. DeCastro, Glenn, Washington, Silatolu, Brooks, Zeitler, Osemele... even several sleepers I like in Rishaw Johnson, Nix, Bergstrom (totally sounds like an OL name, haha), Jeff Allen...

Romo supporters back me up... he played well behind Nagy and Costa...right? Murray ran wild behind our OL... right? An upgrade would be nice to have, but it's not the ultimate game killer. We'll still put up points with our weaponry.

I'm worried pretty badly about our defense. We don't fix that.... we're dead in the water.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Quality over quantity, guys. Understand that it's much better to sign one elite guy and a decent starter, than two above average starters. I'm done with the mediocrity, i don't know why you all keep pushing for the same things we've been doing the past three years.
I agree on the quality over quantity statement. Who are the top 5 quality guys on your mind?
Old 02-21-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Totally agree with you there. I love this year's OG draft class. DeCastro, Glenn, Washington, Silatolu, Brooks, Zeitler, Osemele... even several sleepers I like in Rishaw Johnson, Nix, Bergstrom (totally sounds like an OL name, haha), Jeff Allen...

Romo supporters back me up... he played well behind Nagy and Costa...right? Murray ran wild behind our OL... right? An upgrade would be nice to have, but it's not the ultimate game killer. We'll still put up points with our weaponry.

I'm worried pretty badly about our defense. We don't fix that.... we're dead in the water.
I with you on guard. I think drafting a guy and using our inhouse guys will be okay.

I'm not with you on Costa. I keep yelling and yelling about Center. Center is a much bigger need than guard.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree on the quality over quantity statement. Who are the top 5 quality guys on your mind?
You want quality, use a 2013 2nd rd pick to trade up and snatch Mo Claiborne. Then in the second round pick in this years draft take then best guard available and roll the majority of the cap money to next year when the team can make a true assessment of how to spend the money. Immediate upgrade at CB/G and a full season with an offseason the implement schemes/packages etc.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
You want quality, use a 2013 2nd rd pick to trade up and snatch Mo Claiborne. Then in the second round pick in this years draft take then best guard available and roll the majority of the cap money to next year when the team can make a true assessment of how to spend the money. Immediate upgrade at CB/G and a full season with an offseason the implement schemes/packages etc.
It might take more than that to go get Claiborne. We'd probably have to go up to 3 or 4 for him. But I like your thinking there.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think you're misunderstanding where some of us are coming from. Last year was just totally about quantity. There's a good pool of talented players on there in FA and the draft that can help us. I'd rather not go all in on just a guard. If were gonna go all in, I'd say do it on Mario.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In no particular order, i'll put down the guys in the tier of 'top quality' that we realistically only have a shot at signing one of;

1. Carl Nicks
2. Mario Williams
3. Brandon Carr
4. Chris Meyers

A distant 5th would be any other "pure" pass rusher or above average corner; Robert Mathis, Cliff Avril, Cortland Finnegan.

The rest of the guys that will be available in FA probably won't require as much money and we have legitimate shots at bringing in with market value deals. I'd call it a great and successful free agency if we can come out of one of those guys (1-4), or with my 5th place guys at average deals.

One thing we need to keep an eye on is the Texans' situation. They're suffocating due to their lack of cap space and might not necessarily have the money to keep Williams and Meyers, they're at risk of even losing both. We may be able to swoop in for Meyers and have our C position on lockdown.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I with you on guard. I think drafting a guy and using our inhouse guys will be okay.

I'm not with you on Costa. I keep yelling and yelling about Center. Center is a much bigger need than guard.
Whoa whoa woa.... I'm no where near a fan of Costa. Get that garbage out of your head! lol.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
In no particular order, i'll put down the guys in the tier of 'top quality' that we realistically only have a shot at signing one of;

1. Carl Nicks
2. Mario Williams
3. Brandon Carr
4. Chris Meyers

A distant 5th would be any other "pure" pass rusher or above average corner; Robert Mathis, Cliff Avril, Cortland Finnegan.

The rest of the guys that will be available in FA probably won't require as much money and we have legitimate shots at bringing in with market value deals. I'd call it a great and successful free agency if we can come out of one of those guys (1-4), or with my 5th place guys at average deals.

One thing we need to keep an eye on is the Texans' situation. They're suffocating due to their lack of cap space and might not necessarily have the money to keep Williams and Meyers, they're at risk of even losing both. We may be able to swoop in for Meyers and have our C position on lockdown.
Can't argue with any of that.

Question for everyone... If the Texans can't afford to bring back Mario in fear of losing Foster or Meyers, then Mario will probably get the biggest contract ever given to a defensive player. Who still wants in?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

A 2nd or 3rd round guard/center in the draft is pointless. Unless it's DeCastro in the 1st or Konz in a trade down, there is no point in picking interior OL.

Nick Eatman touched on this today on the lunch break. If you're going to bring in another 3rd round talent at guard, whats the point? We already have the log jam of Nagy, Arkin, Costa, and Kowalski. It would just stall development and make the situation even harder to evaluate.

Either bring in a stud, whether it's Nicks in FA or Decastro/Konz in the draft or don't address the position at all and hope your young talent develops. It's pretty much cut and dry.

That's the point he made today on the radio, and I agree with it completely. Either get a true stud, or leave it alone and hope for the best. Adding another average to above average if your lucky is pointless. And with this teams mid round OL track record over the past 10 years, no thanks.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
A 2nd or 3rd round guard/center in the draft is pointless. Unless it's DeCastro in the 1st or Konz in a trade down, there is no point in picking interior OL.

Nick Eatman touched on this today on the lunch break. If you're going to bring in another 3rd round talent at guard, whats the point? We already have the log jam of Nagy, Arkin, Costa, and Kowalski. It would just stall development and make the situation even harder to evaluate.

Either bring in a stud, whether it's Nicks in FA or Decastro/Konz in the draft or don't address the position at all and hope your young talent develops. It's pretty much cut and dry.

That's the point he made today on the radio, and I agree with it completely. Either get a true stud, or leave it alone and hope for the best. Adding another average to above average if your lucky is pointless. And with this teams mid round OL track record over the past 10 years, no thanks.
You really need to stop believing everything you read. It's never a good practice to base your opinions off the latest media spin. I always see you doing this and posting over here that so and so said this and that...

Nagy, Arkin and Costa were raw prospects to begin with, but that doesn't equate to saying every 2nd or 3rd round OG prospect in this draft will have a worse career than those 3. It truly makes no sense.

To each their own.

In fact I guaran-damn-tee that there will be guys who come out of this draft after round 1 that will be better than them. I hope our front office doesn't share the same opinion that we shouldn't draft any OGs or Cs because it will "make our situation harder to evaluate". To hell with that. Our interior OL sucks. Guys don't usually recover their careers from seasons as bad as theirs. If they do, they're looking at being backups.

Obviously I'm not talking about Arkin as he didn't play a snap. I still hold out hope that he will get there, but he's on the Doug Free track. I suspect it will be another year before he's ready. Besides, even when he does prove ready, it would be on Kosier's head.

We have needs and Round 2-3 OGs can start right away if you pick 'em right. In our case, we chose a raw prospect in Arkin last year, but that was Round 4 and it was understood from the start that he'd be on the development track.

Who's to say 1st round OL don't have growing pains of their own anyways? Eagles drafted Danny Watkins in the 1st and Jason Kelce in the 6th. Kelce went on to have a better rookie season and Watkins struggled badly... and he was supposed to be "NFL ready". People tried to tie that to him since he was already older than most prospects.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

Question for everyone... If the Texans can't afford to bring back Mario in fear of losing Foster or Meyers, then Mario will probably get the biggest contract ever given to a defensive player. Who still wants in?
I disagree with your assessment that he'll be the highest paid defensive player ever. I really don't think he'll command that type of money, i think teams are just as scared as we are about his injury history (hasn't had a full year since 09) and his last big year was in 08. Plus, there's this (take it for what it's worth);

Quote:
Becoming the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history is not outside linebacker Mario Williams goal as he approaches unrestricted free agency on March 13 according to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle.

The Texans are trying to create enough salary cap space to make Williams an offer impressive enough to get him to sign a new long-term contract before free agency begins. If Williams hits the open market, there are teams with so much cap room and such a desperate need for pass rushers that he could end up with the largest contract of any defensive player in league history.

Im not worried about that, Williams said Thursday. Its really not that big of a deal to me.

I was the first pick (2006), and Ive already had everything I really wanted, so my biggest thing is to be in a good position, a good scheme, a good system and continuing my career. Hopefully, it works out.

Its always important to be in a position to be successful. That comes with teammates around you, coaching, having that winning attitude. You want to (play) where you can thrive no matter where you are.

I love it here, Williams said. Weve got everything we need here. The team is right where it needs to be. The pieces fit, but its part of business. Whatever happens, happens.
He may not necessarily look to break the bank if he finds a team he likes. Nicks on the other hand..

Quote:
New Orleans Saints left guard Carl Nicks said his new contract has to be more than teammate Jahri Evans' $ 56.7 million dollar deal according to Jim Miller of Sirius XM NFL Radio.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
D-Ware Nightmare
Rookie

D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Ware Nightmare is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario is peppers 2.0, and i dont think the bears regret it one bit. And whoever gets mario likely wont regret it either. The man will get a tremendous payday from someone, and the sheer competition for his services once he reaches FA will all but guarantee he lands the richest defensive contract ever. There are few top tier, blue chip pass rushers entering their prime that ever hit FA. Reggie White and Peppers are the only two in recent history that i can remember. And its worked out quite well for both of those teams. If its me i am completely comfortable making him the highest paid ever. Its not like we have any impending other mega deals looming. Dez will want money, but not like calvin johnson money. We have a great cap manager and with the expanded manipulation rules in the cba, i cant see it as a crippling move. The benefits outweigh the risks when it comes to players of this caliber, at this position/role. And i would bet money that after jerry got outbid on Nnamdi, and now Ali's gloves, that he is probably sick and tired of losing these bidding wars.
D-Ware Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:35 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Jeff Saturday definately going to retire? Because if he is willing to test the market for another year or two to chase a ring. I wouldn't mind picking him up and sitting Costa and Nagy for a year behind him learning from the best in the business.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:18 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Ware Nightmare View Post
And i would bet money that after jerry got outbid on Nnamdi, and now Ali's gloves, that he is probably sick and tired of losing these bidding wars.
He didn't. Nnamdi took less money to play with the "dream team". He left money on the table.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
He didn't. Nnamdi took less money to play with the "dream team". He left money on the table.
Less money from whom? I thought the Eagles came in and scooped him up by offering something like 1-2mi more per year than we did.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

I know Mario has quoted that money isn't important, but C'MON MAN!!! Someone is going to throw some crazy money at the guy. Maybe he won't be demanding that kind of money, but it will just happen. Especially when he's got 3-4 suitors with deep wallets. He might not end up as the to paid defensive player of all time, but man it''ll be close.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Defense is my biggest concern as well. I definitely want to shore up the offensive line because Romo got hit too much last year, but the D needs a severe change right now. You can find good interior O-lineman in many places besides going all out for one. I'd be ultra excited if Nicks was here, but it's not like things will be horrible if he isn't signed. The biggest thing to me is getting rid of Costa. Man that guy is a huge hole.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Stephen Jones had an interview this morning at the combine:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...spencers-agent

Quote:
Jones said the Cowboys do not have an in-house candidate to replace Spencer "right now that we'd feel comfortable plugging in."
So those of you who are thinking Victor Butler has a chance to be a starter, you can throw that idea out the window. Thank you Stephen Jones, so far it's 1 good decision, and 0 bad ones for this off-season!
Old 02-22-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Stephen Jones had an interview this morning at the combine:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...spencers-agent

So those of you who are thinking Victor Butler has a chance to be a starter, you can throw that idea out the window. Thank you Stephen Jones, so far it's 1 good decision, and 0 bad ones for this off-season!
I'm not sure if anyone really was ready to pencil Butler in. I for one think he's a decent rotational player and that's about it.