Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-22-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Go to the last bullet point:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ni...tId=b logDest

I now have no interest in watching the Cowboys until that changes. I'm unbelievably pissed.
Tried to tell you that Ratliff would never make a permanent move away from NT. I don't think this means we won't pursue a big body to rotate in there. Especially in the later rounds.

Although I still hope they go for a guy like Soliai, Pouha or another established NT, I feel your frustration. But it's not like we run your typical 2 gap 3-4 defense where everything is predicated up on that type of NT.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Tried to tell you that Ratliff would never make a permanent move away from NT. I don't think this means we won't pursue a big body to rotate in there. Especially in the later rounds.

Although I still hope they go for a guy like Soliai, Pouha or another established NT, I feel your frustration. But it's not like we run your typical 2 gap 3-4 defense where everything is predicated up on that type of NT.
I just think it's the dumbest situation ever. And now we obviously aren't to go after a big body besides maybe a late round flyer. I don't get it. Unless they are moving to the 4-3..? But I doubt it.

This team will get run on with ease in the 4th quarter and after thanksgiving if we keep Ratliff at NT. I am baffled. Chalk up a 1 in the bad decisions department.

By the way, did you ban Bob or is he just not posting?
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not really, as of now he's an unrestricted free agent and we have cap space. Why not speculate? Why even talk about the draft then? That's way more uncertain than Nicks hitting the market or not.

But it doesn't matter now, we are never going to win in the playoffs with Ratliff at NT. We might as well concede defeat for the next 4 years.
Because not all speculation is the same. You can speculate in fantasy land or speculate close to reality. You seem to prefer the former. Go catch up on the latest Carl Nicks news. Saints are ALL about using the franchise tag on him if they can't agree to a long term deal.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I just think it's the dumbest situation ever. And now we obviously aren't to go after a big body besides maybe a late round flyer. I don't get it. Unless they are moving to the 4-3..? But I doubt it.

This team will get run on with ease in the 4th quarter and after thanksgiving if we keep Ratliff at NT. I am baffled. Chalk up a 1 in the bad decisions department.

By the way, did you ban Bob or is he just not posting?
He's just not posting I guess.

Stop overreacting. Our run defense was fine last year and I expect it'll only get better. We held opposing RBs to less than 100 yards a game. The SB champions allowed 121 yards a game to opposing RBs.

Our secondary is where we need the most help. I think adding a dynamic front 7 guy is going to be damn important too though.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's just not posting I guess.

Stop overreacting. Our run defense was fine last year and I expect it'll only get better. We held opposing RBs to less than 100 yards a game. The SB champions allowed 121 yards a game to opposing RBs.

Our secondary is where we need the most help. I think adding a dynamic front 7 guy is going to be damn important too though.
The thing is we will never get a push from our DE's with Ratliff at NT. I don't care who we draft or pick up. Terrible mistake.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The thing is we will never get a push from our DE's with Ratliff at NT. I don't care who we draft or pick up. Terrible mistake.
You are also forgetting the very good showing Josh Brent put on. He has the size and ability to anchor at nose. Give Rob a full offseason I expect to see Ratliff at every place on the defensive line. Josh Brent earned more playing time.

Keep an eye out for Lisse during camp too. We all are hoping to see Ratliff manning a DE spot but I wouldn't expect it on a full-time basis. Perhaps seeing Brent steal some of the snaps in 1st and 2nd letting Ratliff take snaps away from Coleman etc.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:28 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because not all speculation is the same. You can speculate in fantasy land or speculate close to reality. You seem to prefer the former. Go catch up on the latest Carl Nicks news. Saints are ALL about using the franchise tag on him if they can't agree to a long term deal.
Nicks only gets the tag if Brees gets his deal prior to FA starting.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

I tweeted at Broaddus about Ratliff asking him if leaving Ratliff there is a mistake, and he said this:

Quote:
It's not like they just play 3-4, they play a good deal of four man line. Rolling Lissemore and Brent at nose will help him.
Maybe I overreacted a little bit, but I still don't like it. It makes no sense to be. Oh well.

On a positive note, "Hey Rookie" was just on NFL Network, and this episode had Joe Haden. In it was his secondary coach at the time, Jerome Henderson. He sounded like a boss. I love the hire. Campo was a freakin' bum.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I tweeted at Broaddus about Ratliff asking him if leaving Ratliff there is a mistake, and he said this:

Maybe I overreacted a little bit, but I still don't like it. It makes no sense to be. Oh well.

On a positive note, "Hey Rookie" was just on NFL Network, and this episode had Joe Haden. In it was his secondary coach at the time, Jerome Henderson. He sounded like a boss. I love the hire. Campo was a freakin' bum.
Yea that was the point I was about to make, it's not like we're a traditional 3-4 team anyway. We run a TON of 4 man fronts that puts Ratliff in favorable matchups over Guards. I actually read an article that said we only ran a true 34 look like 15% of the time this year, I'll try to find it... but I have a feeling that's more due to the fact that Rob recognizes our personel doesn't quite fit the 34 mold. I'd still like to see the team bring in a true NT because it'll provide Rob more versatility for his gameplans, but it's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 02-23-2012 at 11:56 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

What you overreacting, no way!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
What you overreacting, no way!!!
I still think it's a terrible decision and come December we will get run all over, but whatever I can't do anything about it. We haven't even talked about how this effects Lee and Carter, who are both more athletic type guys. I just don't get it. Smh.

At the combine Garrett just said Tyron is moving to LT and Free is going to the right side, so that's official. It's on pretty much every cowboys related site by now if you want to read it yourself.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I still think it's a terrible decision and come December we will get run all over, but whatever I can't do anything about it. We haven't even talked about how this effects Lee and Carter, who are both more athletic type guys. I just don't get it. Smh.

At the combine Garrett just said Tyron is moving to LT and Free is going to the right side, so that's official. It's on pretty much every cowboys related site by now if you want to read it yourself.
I read JG and Callahan both say it was a good possibility weeks ago, so that's good that it's official.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Another fact I just realized that makes me hate Ratliff at NT even more.... HE'S THE SMALLEST D-LINEMAN ON OUR TEAM! Even Geathers is heavier than him. Broaddus said Lissemore and Brent will spell him... it better be a lot.

We just signed ratliff to a 7 year, 40 million dollar deal and he's turning 31... leaving him at NT makes that contract look moronic. Whatever.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

We just signed ratliff to a 7 year, 40 million dollar deal and he's turning 31... leaving him at NT makes that contract look moronic. Whatever.
It was over five years, and i imagine that after the first two or three, he's easily cuttable. relax.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Another fact I just realized that makes me hate Ratliff at NT even more.... HE'S THE SMALLEST D-LINEMAN ON OUR TEAM! Even Geathers is heavier than him. Broaddus said Lissemore and Brent will spell him... it better be a lot.

Jeez, you never overreact.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome to the Dallas Cowboys team forum.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be interesting to see if the D-line is upgraded at all, chances are the team will be moving forward with the same rotation. Brockers could be an option but he could be top 10 by the time the draft rolls around. I've read a couple of scouting reports for Dontari Poe that claim he might be able to play some jumbo 5 tech in the mold of Ngata.... Any thoughts ?
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

It just makes no sense. We are giving ourselves a distinct disadvantage by having a 285 pound NT who will wear down. I don't get how you guys don't think it's a big deal? It's like having no CB's on your roster in today's passing happy league. Might as well shoot ourselves in both foot, not just one.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in the minority in this, in fact I'm probably the only one who feels this way, but I feel that your front 7 needs to be upgraded more than your secondary.

I know I'm in the minority in that opinion though.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm in the minority in this, in fact I'm probably the only one who feels this way, but I feel that your front 7 needs to be upgraded more than your secondary.

BBD, what are your thoughts on keeping Ratliff at NT?
Old 02-23-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well, given that it's almost assured that Newman is gone, we need numbers so that prob makes DB a high priority. But I def agree with you that we desperately need a playmaker at OLB & DL.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

We have more players with ability along the d-line and front 7 than we do in the secondary. I know some of that is just sheer numbers, but we really played with dog poop for most of last year at safety and corner. Newman, Walker and Ball couldn't get out of here fast enough.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

I think it's about equal between the 2. We need about 2 on each end.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

You don't give the Giants secondary enough credit for the good play of the DL. I feel like you are speaking from the vantage point that the Giants won the SB because of the pressure you guys got from your front 4. ...and you really don't want to give your secondary much credit for helping out a lot.

For us? Honestly, we need help everywhere on defense and it doesn't really matter where. We need to be looking at BPA.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-is-the-hulk/

Okay, count me on on signing Laron "Hulk" Landry