Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-08-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok, I payed very very close attention to this game, and I have alot of things to say. So this write up may be long, but I have some things that I really would like to point out so bear with me here. I'll do it in my regular bulletin format.

- I think I mightve figured out the issue with the pass rush. Its the DEs. I tivoed the game and looked at it over and over and I saw the same mistakes from the DEs on pass plays play after play. Especially Spears. Here's the problem. Theyre not occupying the blockers the right way. Their gap assignment is different depending on whether its a run play or pass play.

For example, suppose the DC calls OLB fire. Now, if its a run play, the DE has rush in and occupy the OG, the OLB comes and takes on the Tackle. If its a pass play, the DE is supposed to occupy the Tackle and let the OLB come free on the blitz. Consistently I saw Spears and Canty read the oline incorrectly and fire the run gap on pass plays. In fact, its almost like they fire the run gap all the time no matter what. Thats incorrect. Theyre not helping their OLBs in the pass rush. Now, it may seem difficult superficially to guess what the play is, but honestly, its pretty simple. The oline reacts very differently after the hike on a run play or pass play. Pass plays they drop backwards, run plays they pull forward. So right away, the DE should know what his assignment is. Yet both DE's weren't filling the right holes during pass plays.

This is a very superficial explanation, because it could get quite complex, but what Im trying to say in simple terms is that the DEs are not occupying the oline properly. On some plays where theyre supposed to occupy the Tackle, they don't. When they stunt inwards and occupy the OG in pass plays, thats designed to maximize an interior push, and theyre failing at creating that interior pressure. Its the DEs.

- Ive heard alot being said about the FS. But thats bull. Watkins did fine. The FS was not the problem against the Seahawks. It was the SS, Roy Williams. Now, Ive been supportive of him at times during this season, but quite honestly, its time for him to take some responsibility. I don't want to hear about how a quality FS will allow him to play in the box and either blitz or cover the flats on passing downs.

Thats not what a safety does. You have LINEBACKERS for that. A safety is supposed to cover a deep zone and cover the TE. Something that Roy is ridiculously inept at doing. Youre telling me his job is to cover the flats or blitz on pass downs? If thats the case, why not just come out with 5 LBs? Roy is not a safety, not at his current frame. He either needs to shed 20 Lbs and become a safety who can cover, or he needs to be traded into a different system as a Cover 2 LB. Because at his current state, he is not a safety. And he is the reason why you have safety issues. He gave up 2 TDs against the Hawks. TWO. The Cover 2 play he got there late, the man coverage on the TE, he got destroyed and owned. He's the problem. Not Watkins. And quite honestly, I think Watkins will be very good next year. He has all the physical ability, he just needs refinement. And that will happen in the offseason.

- Terry Glenn had a very uncharacteristic performance in that game. I was shocked.

- I felt that Romo shouldve gone to Witten more.

- Anthony Fasano did nothing. I guess he is not developing as quickly as BP wouldve liked.

- Ware needs to improve his pass rush. That is very obvious. And how did Hasselbeck put the okey doke on him? He had Matt in his hands and just wiffed. And Ive seen him give up on plays when he gets owned. Thats not good. He's a great player with so much potential, he needs to work on his pass rush this offseason

- Bobby Carpenter is gonna be a fine player. All the guys complaining about him need to eat crow, he's gonna be special next year. Heck, he had more impact on the game than Ware did. And he has more pass rush moves, just not as much physical ability. Carp will be very good.

- The gameplans were fine, the offense and defense played fine. With the exception of Roy Williams, the defense did an overall great job.

- I still think though you need a 3-4 DC because the defensive players are not learning as quickly as they should

- The Romo fumble....that is gonna hurt for a long time. I still remember the San Fran game for the Giants, that type of play pains a franchise and lingers.

- Overall, BP would be foolish to leave. This team will be better next year than it was this year. He built a great program, and it would be dumb for him to leave so someone else can take credit for the program he's built. Im expecting Dallas to really be a dangerous team next year.
Big Blue you are dead with Roy Williams. I am so happy I am getting some back up here.

What did you think of Bradie James?
I agree with you on Roy, but James is fine. He's their run thumper on the inside. Like Teddy Johnson was for the Pats, like Harry Carson was for the Giants, like James Farrior is for the Steelers, like Godfrey is for the Chargers. He's a fine LB. They need someone on the inside who can compliment him if youre looking for better pass coverage, but I think Akin fits the bill. Worst case scenario, move Bobby inside and draft another speed rusher on the edge. But I wouldn't do that, I like Bobby on the perimeter. They seem to have solved the flats issues. Teams tried to isolate their FBs, but they just put Ware on them, and that was done. The flats and inside intermediate zones are fine.

What teams have had success with is isolating Roy Williams and just picking on him. Their safeties as a whole played poorly. The FS because he was a rookie, but Roy has no excuse. He was a 1st round pick. He's not supposed to be just a good in the box run stuffer. He needs to take responsibility and stop feeding his own ego. The "hammer" was getting hammered by a 1st round bust TE in Seattle. Thats inexcuseable.

I think Dallas is fine at LB. I think the issue is at safety.
Farrior and Godfrey are fast and can cover. Bradie can not.

Eithe way, what I will say is you can not go into next season with both Bradie and Roy playing coverage poorly on passing downs.

Can not have TWO handicaps on the field at the same time.
Whats great about Carp and Ware is that theyre interchangeable. That allows some great versatility and a smart DC can use them in mismatches and move them around. You could even move both of them inside and bullrush the interior if you want.

James is fine. Every 3-4 defense needs a run thumper ILB. James is that. He's a hammer in the middle. And he's fine in coverage, as long as he's defending an intermediate middle zone, something that 3-4 ILBs predominately do anyway. On nickel downs he can be spelled. He's fine. The whole LB core is fine.

Even the 3 downlinemen will be fine with more technique work. I think the issue is at SS. I hate beating down the issue but it has become apparrent to me that unless Roy loses 20 Lbs, he will continue to be a liability to this defense.

In today's NFL, the safety must be able to cover the TE adequately. SAMs just don't fit that bill anymore. Dallas does not have that right now, and week in and week out theyre getting killed by the TE. With LJ Smith, Cooley, and Shockey in the division, this is something that must be addressed quickly. If it means trading Roy for a 2nd rounder, Id make that trade. This draft is deep at safety.

Someone would bite on that trade. Roy is a fine player, but he's out of position. He's not the right fit in Dallas with their current system.
What would you recommend doing with Roy?
This is not going to be an opinion that many will agree with me on, but Id trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. As long as you guys run the 3-4, you really have no place for him on your team. Youre fitting a square peg in a round hole. Some team will take him for a 2nd rounder.

With the stacked talent at safety this year, you can easily find his replacement. Michael Griffin is available, Merriweather is available, you can even package some picks and nab Laron Landry in round 1. It may not be a popular move, but in the long run it will be better for the defense.

Only if he doesn't change his body in the offseason though. I think if he loses weight he can salvage his career as a safety. But he has to get down to 215. If he stays at the same weight, Id make an offseason move to get rid of him for a high draft pick.

I think Roy Williams would dominate the game as a Cover 2 WILL. The problem is the Cowboys are not running Cover 2, theyre running the 3-4. Its just not gonna work. Not unless like I said, he changes his body.
Amen. Hey, I think you could get a late first / early second from a team that fits Roy. How about the Bucs first pick in round 2? How about Roy straight up for Shaun Rogers?

I know, Thule et al, don't like to veer two inches off the ranch but ya gotta have a burning platform to incent making unpopular changes.

And getting rid of Roy in D Cowboys fans minds is like HERESY. They treat you like the Pope treated Copernicus.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
DSlay4

i think everyone's being a little to hard on Roy Williams.

The first time he got beat by Stevens it was on an all out blitz, and hasselbeck got a clean release. Now if you cant get pressure on an all out blitz you've got bigger issues than just Safety.

The second time Stevens got a TD it was cover 2 man in which stevens ran right by Bradie James, and Roy was over the top. A lot of you are blaming him for that one, but remember he has to worry about half the field so he can't just worry about the TE, he also has to worry about the Receiver on his side.

The problem was that we couldnt get any pressure on any of those plays. I dont care who's covering who, if the QB gets a clean release than the Receiver is usually going to win.

On another note, i'd definitely rather have Roy Williams than Sean Taylor. Did anyone see Taylor in his last few games of the season, he constantly let Tiki Barber and Steven Jackson run right by him. Say what you want about Roy but he will NEVER let anyone run by him.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

All that stuff about Roy is obviously true but we're pretty much stuck with him now after we gave him that big long contract extension. Who would trade for him anyway? Roy doesn't really fit into any defense very well.

I really want us to cut TO. He got shut down by Pete freaking Hunter in that game, dropped another pass and ran really poor routes again. I know the Hawks were playing a really conservative cover 2 but TO should still be able to beat Pete Hunter and or Kelly Jennnings. The huge baggage he brings is obvious and really doesn't even have to be mentioned but when you combine that with the fact that he's just an aging player with declining ability it makes no sense to retain him for another year as that's usually the year in which his cancer completely infects and destructs the team. He did put up good numbers but they were really hollow misleading numbers. With the exception of the Atlanta game he really didn't make very many game changing plays at all. Also, he led the entire leage in dropped passes, I believe the number including the playoff game is up to 20 now, 20 dropped passes. I also think TO is a big coward as a lot of his drops I believe were the result of looking for the hit he was about to take going over the middle.

Yall should read Cowlishaw's article on TO on cowboysplus.com, I totally agree with him.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
DSlay4

Look at the Patriots and the Chargers, there stuck with no-name safeties, but they can generate pressure so it doesnt matter who they got in coverage.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSlay4
Look at the Patriots and the Chargers, there stuck with no-name safeties, but they can generate pressure so it doesnt matter who they got in coverage.
They are no names...but they can cover 10 times better than Roy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
DSlay4

You guys remember Roy his rookie season. Boy did he look like an all pro, and Boy were we getting pressure.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You guys remember Roy his rookie season. Boy did he look like an all pro, and Boy were we getting pressure.
That's when we had guys like Darren Woodson, Dat Nguyen, and L. Glover who were leaders and helped out the young guys and provided unbelievable play. How we took them for granted. We need leaders like that, I know Terrence and Bradie are stepping up, but we need more.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:
roy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the aforementioned no names. end of story.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Never thought Id agree with a Giants fan so much, you said it though.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney
Quote:
Quote:
roy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the aforementioned no names. end of story.
Ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas
Quote:
Picked this from the DMN articel from Matt Mosley .... I came to BURY him not praise him ....

"Lions quarterback Jon Kitna told a Seattle radio station earlier this week that Cowboys linebacker Bradie James looked completely lost when he watched him on film. James got beat by Jerramy Stevens on the touchdown pass, but he did finish with 11 tackles Saturday."
Just a note on the Stevens pass where it looks like Bradie is beat. Technically the coverage is designed to have a LB in zone underneath and a safety over the top. There is a hole in the zone between the two and the coverage is designed so that if the TE/Receiver is going up the field the LB can chase and force the QB to put more air under the ball to give the safety more time to react and create a more difficult pass. I'm not saying a faster LB wouldn't be better in that situation because it would, I'm just trying to explain it's more Roy's fault for being out of position than Bradie's. Bradie was performing the coverage correct to the best of his abilities, but Roy wasn't there over the top.

Like I said in my list of needs I think we need one more nickel LB. Bradie is perfect for our 3-4 and he needs his size to hold up against guards in the running game and he does a great job of that, but I never really understood why he also played in the nickel defense. He may be improved over when he came here, but he just doesn't have the physical ability to thrive in that role.

It's too bad that we didn't move Hoyte to FB earlier in the season. I think it's obvious he outplayed Polite in that role and should only get better with experience. I don't blame the coaching staff for not moving him in training camp and I actually think it's a credit to them that they did eventually move him, but if he would have been a FB in training camp we would have had one LB spot open which could have been filled by Shanle or Boiman who I think could have excelled playing in the nickel defense.
I can't remember who pointed this guys out...but his name was mentioned about 10 pages ago.

Sabby Piscitelli (6'2", 221, 4.52)
He is a SS playing for Oregon State. He is at his best when playing in a zone. Has a mean streak. Possesses adequate top-end speed and shows adequate range. Possesses good athletic ability, can change directions quickly and flashes the ability to stay with tight ends in man coverage. Is tall, has good leaping ability and can compete for jump balls. Has good ball skills and flashes the ability to make the big play in coverage. Plays with a good motor and should make special teams' contributions early on.

He has trouble disengaging blocks and he won't be able to man up one on one with the slot reciever.

Anyways...this guy screams what your calling for to me. He is a second day pick at this point..and won't run a great time. He could do wonders playing deep middle with Watkins...plus we would have good size back their against the deep ball.
that was me but the writeup i got has him much faster and for sure a first day pick.

DEFENSE Sabby Piscitelli

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oregon State's Defensive Leader
Oregon State has enjoyed quite a bit of success this fall, knocking off the likes of USC, Oregon, and Hawai'i. A big reason for their success is senior safety Sabby Piscitelli. The Boca Raton, Florida, native combines outstanding size (6'3", 225#) with blazing speed. He has been timed in the 4.3s. He is the unquestioned leader of a young defense who leads vocally and by example. He's a ballhawk who tallied 5 interceptions as a senior to give him 15 for his career. Despite all of his production, he's vastly underrated. A good showing in the Sun Bowl against Missouri and their passing attack could go a long way to making Sabby a household name.

: Oregon State Sports Information
Release: 06/20/2005
2006: Piscitelli (pronounced PIS-kuh-TELL-ee) is one of the premier safeties in the conference...the quarterback of the defensive backfield...also has seen spot action at cornerback...a knack for being around the ball and making a big play... played in 36 consecutive games and has made 23 straight starts...one of the fastest players on the team and a generally underrated player
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Number-94

After reading BBD's post on trading Roy for a 2nd, I agree. Could get someone like Nelson in the first, BPA with their second and Meriweather(I'm positive he could man-up the TE and tackle good enough to play SS) with our 2nd.

Manuel Ramirez with the 3rd...I think I could deal with that. Just a thought though.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a note..Parcells has until Feb 1st to make his decision on whether or not he is gonna be the coach next year.

If he returns, there could be changes on the coaching staff. At least five assistants are in the final year of their deals, including defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer, who has been paid $1 million a season for the last three years. Special teams coach Bruce DeHaven, running backs coach Anthony Lynn, offensive assistant David Lee and safeties coach Mike McIntyre also have contracts that expire shortly.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
All that stuff about Roy is obviously true but we're pretty much stuck with him now after we gave him that big long contract extension. Who would trade for him anyway? Roy doesn't really fit into any defense very well.

I really want us to cut TO. He got shut down by Pete freaking Hunter in that game, dropped another pass and ran really poor routes again. I know the Hawks were playing a really conservative cover 2 but TO should still be able to beat Pete Hunter and or Kelly Jennnings. The huge baggage he brings is obvious and really doesn't even have to be mentioned but when you combine that with the fact that he's just an aging player with declining ability it makes no sense to retain him for another year as that's usually the year in which his cancer completely infects and destructs the team. He did put up good numbers but they were really hollow misleading numbers. With the exception of the Atlanta game he really didn't make very many game changing plays at all. Also, he led the entire leage in dropped passes, I believe the number including the playoff game is up to 20 now, 20 dropped passes. I also think TO is a big coward as a lot of his drops I believe were the result of looking for the hit he was about to take going over the middle.

Yall should read Cowlishaw's article on TO on cowboysplus.com, I totally agree with him.
He would fit as a cover 2 WLB.

As far as the TO debate goes...you have been anti TO from the day he got here...they shaded his side the whole game....where was glenn? Don't like your hatred cloud your view.

We only had 9 passes cought by our recievers all game...it was more then just TO.

Another key note is the Seahawks got 2 sacks in this game...and probabally 10 hurries. The Seahawks only got 2 sacks in their last 4 games....our OL had a big part to do with our lack of WR production...Romo just didn't have the time and often checked down.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-08-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Picked this from the DMN articel from Matt Mosley .... I came to BURY him not praise him ....

"Lions quarterback Jon Kitna told a Seattle radio station earlier this week that Cowboys linebacker Bradie James looked completely lost when he watched him on film. James got beat by Jerramy Stevens on the touchdown pass, but he did finish with 11 tackles Saturday."
Just a note on the Stevens pass where it looks like Bradie is beat. Technically the coverage is designed to have a LB in zone underneath and a safety over the top. There is a hole in the zone between the two and the coverage is designed so that if the TE/Receiver is going up the field the LB can chase and force the QB to put more air under the ball to give the safety more time to react and create a more difficult pass. I'm not saying a faster LB wouldn't be better in that situation because it would, I'm just trying to explain it's more Roy's fault for being out of position than Bradie's. Bradie was performing the coverage correct to the best of his abilities, but Roy wasn't there over the top.

Like I said in my list of needs I think we need one more nickel LB. Bradie is perfect for our 3-4 and he needs his size to hold up against guards in the running game and he does a great job of that, but I never really understood why he also played in the nickel defense. He may be improved over when he came here, but he just doesn't have the physical ability to thrive in that role.

It's too bad that we didn't move Hoyte to FB earlier in the season. I think it's obvious he outplayed Polite in that role and should only get better with experience. I don't blame the coaching staff for not moving him in training camp and I actually think it's a credit to them that they did eventually move him, but if he would have been a FB in training camp we would have had one LB spot open which could have been filled by Shanle or Boiman who I think could have excelled playing in the nickel defense.
I can't remember who pointed this guys out...but his name was mentioned about 10 pages ago.

He is a SS playing for Oregon State. He is at his best when playing in a zone. Has a mean streak. Possesses adequate top-end speed and shows adequate range. Possesses good athletic ability, can change directions quickly and flashes the ability to stay with tight ends in man coverage. Is tall, has good leaping ability and can compete for jump balls. Has good ball skills and flashes the ability to make the big play in coverage. Plays with a good motor and should make special teams' contributions early on.

He has trouble disengaging blocks and he won't be able to man up one on one with the slot reciever.

Anyways...this guy screams what your calling for to me. He is a second day pick at this point..and won't run a great time. He could do wonders playing deep middle with Watkins...plus we would have good size back their against the deep ball.
that was me but the writeup i got has him much faster and for sure a first day pick.

DEFENSE Sabby Piscitelli

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oregon State has enjoyed quite a bit of success this fall, knocking off the likes of USC, Oregon, and Hawai'i. A big reason for their success is senior safety Sabby Piscitelli. The Boca Raton, Florida, native combines outstanding size (6'3", 225#) with blazing speed. He has been timed in the 4.3s. He is the unquestioned leader of a young defense who leads vocally and by example. He's a ballhawk who tallied 5 interceptions as a senior to give him 15 for his career. Despite all of his production, he's vastly underrated. A good showing in the Sun Bowl against Missouri and their passing attack could go a long way to making Sabby a household name.

2006: Piscitelli (pronounced PIS-kuh-TELL-ee) is one of the premier safeties in the conference...the quarterback of the defensive backfield...also has seen spot action at cornerback...a knack for being around the ball and making a big play... played in 36 consecutive games and has made 23 straight starts...one of the fastest players on the team and a generally underrated player
Well my information came from scout.com but either way alot of it is the same. He played spot CB early in his career...and while he has a knack for making the big play...he also gets beat alot on double moves...very aggressive playing style. I'm sure he has ran a 4.3 fourty in his life...but I anticipate low 4.4 or high 4.5

I think he is right around that 4th round range right now. This is a deep safety draft...he is a nice option later in the draft.

I really like the idea of trading up to get Landry if Roy isn't on this team next year...however unlikely I find it I think Landry fills the best SS coverage guy in this draft. My question is....he is targeted by Houston at 8. Scott claims this is way to early for him...while I beg the differ lets just say this happens. They decide to go a different route.

Now we are looking at Mia...safe to say they don't go here...but ATL is on the board next...do we trade up to #9...that is our first...a top 15 second...and our 3rd...that seems like alot.

Lets say ATL goes Nelson...since that seems to be their preference. SF is next on the board...and they could go Landry it seems doubtful...Buff is set...and STL will probabally go front 7. Then Carolina comes up...now if this draft is as QB heavy as it appears a guy like Brohm makes this pick a no brainer for them...but if Landry is on board with no safeties...they have to take him...so I think we have to get into the top 15 no matter what to land Landry...not only will we have to give up atleast two first day picks but we have to hope for alot to happen just to land him. It will be very interesting.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-08-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

He would fit as a cover 2 WLB.

As far as the TO debate goes...you have been anti TO from the day he got here...they shaded his side the whole game....where was glenn? Don't like your hatred cloud your view.

We only had 9 passes cought by our recievers all game...it was more then just TO.

Another key note is the Seahawks got 2 sacks in this game...and probabally 10 hurries. The Seahawks only got 2 sacks in their last 4 games....our OL had a big part to do with our lack of WR production...Romo just didn't have the time and often checked down.
So after ripping me about Roy the tide turns on the board and everyone is singing a different tune on this one

Jeez, fickle fans with short, selective memories.

Well, at least my thanks to the Giatns fans for the support.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

DEFENSE Sabby Piscitelli

Well my information came from scout.com but either way alot of it is the same. He played spot CB early in his career...and while he has a knack for making the big play...he also gets beat alot on double moves...very aggressive playing style. I'm sure he has ran a 4.3 fourty in his life...but I anticipate low 4.4 or high 4.5

I think he is right around that 4th round range right now. This is a deep safety draft...he is a nice option later in the draft.

I really like the idea of trading up to get Landry if Roy isn't on this team next year...however unlikely I find it I think Landry fills the best SS coverage guy in this draft. My question is....he is targeted by Houston at 8. Scott claims this is way to early for him...while I beg the differ lets just say this happens. They decide to go a different route.

Now we are looking at Mia...safe to say they don't go here...but ATL is on the board next...do we trade up to #9...that is our first...a top 15 second...and our 3rd...that seems like alot.

Lets say ATL goes Nelson...since that seems to be their preference. SF is next on the board...and they could go Landry it seems doubtful...Buff is set...and STL will probabally go front 7. Then Carolina comes up...now if this draft is as QB heavy as it appears a guy like Brohm makes this pick a no brainer for them...but if Landry is on board with no safeties...they have to take him...so I think we have to get into the top 15 no matter what to land Landry...not only will we have to give up atleast two first day picks but we have to hope for alot to happen just to land him. It will be very interesting.
Weddle, Griffin, Ross may all fall into an early 2 and they could play Roy's spot with Watkins at FS. Imagine two safeties who can cover.

Hey even Elam, in fact, could play Roy's spot more effectively than Roy. Better cover Safety if not as big a hitter.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Pray Tressel wins and goes to Cleveland. Go Buckeyes!

(** UoM guy so this pains me to no end **)
Old 01-08-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

only thing I could pray for, is that Tressel gets raped by 3 horny she-males.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
Quote:

only thing I could pray for, is that Tressel gets raped by 3 horny she-males.
After he takes the Cleveland job. Too funny. Maybe when can send Lloyd in for sloppy seconds.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
It's only a mine impression, or Bradie James has shown great presence in the passing game? I think that he has relaly upgrade this part of his game, right now he seems to look comfortable in coverage.. He's not fast so he can't match-up with atletic TE, but is playing good in his zone and making some plays.. The one who sucks in coverage is Ayodele, but overall is playing pretty good too..

About our pass rushing, i've noticed that San Diego continues to have sacks even without Castillo, Philipps and Merriman who are their best pass rushers.. So I'n starting think that there's a problem with the scheme not the players..
Picked this from the DMN articel from Matt Mosley .... sorry ....

Old 01-08-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Well, we do know that putting Ware on the SS was something the coaching staff was thinking about doing when we were analyzing the possiblility of drafting Manny Lawson.

The more I think about the idea, the more I like it. It's high time we start giving Burnett more PT. He's not only last year's second round pick, but good things happen when he is in the game. His versatility complements Ware perfectly as he has the versatility to switch sides as well.

I know we drafted Carp to play SOLB, but I like the move BP has done putting him at WILB. Carp reminds me of a Mike Vrabel type. Another versatile LB who used to play WILB, but has moved to SOLB with the addition of Seau.
Amen.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Bradie James is definitely our defensive emotional leader and he's very vocal in his leadership role. I really think he also deserves a pro bowl berth although he probably won't get it as he's still kind of an unknown entity around the league. Bradie has really had a great season thus far.

Old 01-08-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number-94
Well...no excuses we got killed. The only person who had a good game was Newman they kept away from where he was and he showed his tackling skills. Roy Wlliams and Davis got PWNED. But, I think we are asking to much of Roy to play center field.

We need a LB that can man up a TE or RB. This is why I wanted them to sign Julian Peterson, I think he would of been a big differnence to what we are now. Something else that bugs me how the hell do we get beat by a blocking FB for 3TDs.

Last but certainly not least...fire Zimmer and get an actual 3-4 DC!
NO MORE LB!! sorry, as I said before we invested to much money and to many picks on linebackers.

Old 01-08-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
I am not a fan of our MLBs. James is slow and neither can cover worth a lick.

I think last two weeks have shown that. We are escorting TEs and RBs to super star status via the coverage mistakes and speed deficit.

Ayodele for what it is worth looks like a much smoother athlete than Bradie.

Contract or not, we are over stocked at LB and should use them as trade fodder.

I think we can play with one of them slow footed plodders but not two.
I don't get what you don't understand. Bradie is the heart of this defense along with Roy. He is responsible for this defense. Believe it or not the NFL is a business and when you invest money into a player you don't exactly cut your losses. I mean if they were under performing I could see where you are comign from. But they are not. They are the middle of a top 5 defense in the league...just because they can't cover Reggie Bush outta the backfield doesn't mean we need to trade them for Thomas Howard. THIS ISN'T MADDEN.
I don't understand anything. ROTFLMAO. Roy and Bradie. Nice.

Thule, can you see where I am coming from NOW?