Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-29-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CDC...Hahaha, I don't think anyone here is saying he wouldn't contribute. I'm all in for Nicks, tell you the truth. I just don't think he's as big a target for the Cowboys as you do, and I wouldn't be considerably upset if the Boys didn't go "all in" for Nicks. Whereas it seems your whole world would end if they didn't outbid every other team for Nicks' services.

What do you guys think about Adam Carriker at DE? Young...high motor, obviously hasn't lived up to expectations, but maybe worth a look see?

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 02-29-2012 at 03:47 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doubt he'd be an upgrade over what we already have. He's a stout, hold the line kinda guy. Nothing special.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
CDC...Hahaha, I don't think anyone here is saying he wouldn't contribute. I'm all in for Nicks, tell you the truth. I just don't think he's as big a target for the Cowboys as you do, and I wouldn't be considerably upset if the Boys didn't go "all in" for Nicks. Whereas it seems your whole world would end if they didn't outbid every other team for Nicks' services.

What do you guys think about Adam Carriker at DE? Young...high motor, obviously hasn't lived up to expectations, but maybe worth a look see?
Nah, i've given up on the Nicks dream. Rumblings around the combine says we aren't really looking at him as much as CBs, so i've let it go. Just don't agree with the decision.

Carriker, I agree with MetSox. He's basically just a white Marcus Spears.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I really don't think you guys understand the situation as it applies to our team. If we sign Finnegan or Carr they will probably cost more than Nicks, even though Nicks is a much better player at his position. You guys need to stop getting caught up in the positional money crap. Carl Nicks is a stud. I don't care if he's a guard. He would make our team better than Carr or Finnegan would. Finnegan sucks so he shouldn't even be in this convo. I am all for building on strengths. Nicks along with a mid-round center like phillip blake would take our offense to the next level. Carr would help, but our defense would still have a good amount of holes. Nicks is the better option. It's not going to happen, but it is a better choice for this team.

I don't get why you guys keep saying no because he's a guard. Who cares. He's one of the 11 players on the field. He's a great player and would help the running and passing game immensely.

As for Leroyisgod.. have you ever even seen Nicks play? He pretty much is the Darrell Revis of guards. Do you even know how to evaluate on offensive lineman? Nicks is turning 27 and a key trench player. It would help build the team for the future, not just 2-3 years.

"FreshBoy!" do you even watch football?

I love how people just think C, G, ILB, and S don't matter. It's hilarious. They are the most important positions on a football team besides QB. That's the problem with football today. People want the flash instead of the substance. What's the fastest way from point A to point b? A straight line. Up the middle. That's all of those positions. Not some little baby like Cortland Finnegan. I mean, those positions aren't the exact reason we haven't gone deep into the playoffs over the past 10 years or anything... Look at the teams of the 90's. Sure they had Deion for 1 of the SB's, but could you name another CB? And don't even say larry brown. Look at the C,G, ILB's, and Safeties on those teams. Name a WR besides Michael Irvin? Harper was ok a for a few years but he wasn't great, Kevin Williams was a flash in the pan returner. Even add TE into the important positions list. Jay Novachek did wonders for that team. You guys just don't get it. I'm shocked.

I wish they would sign Nicks just to watch how much better it makes this offense and have you guys all eat crow. The ineptitude baffles me.
You may think you're smarter than everyone on this board, but when you start typing, you prove you're not.

No one has EVER said that guard is not important. All positions are important. The issue is that positions have to be ranked. I would love to have NIcks. But what you fail to acknowledge is that if we sign Nicks to huge money, that means we go without filling another hole. Defense has to be the highest priority and Stephen Jones basically said as much a week ago or so.

And this doesn't even address what I've been yelling since the season ended. We have more capable guards than we do Centers. Center is our biggest hole on offense and it's not even close, IMO. I think if we brought in a top notch Center, even if it's a stop gap like Birk, between Kosier, Nagy, Kowalski & Arkin, we could find 2 guys that can play.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants had the 2nd worst Offensive Line in football last year according to PFF.com....

Just saying.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As for Leroyisgod.. have you ever even seen Nicks play? He pretty much is the Darrell Revis of guards. Do you even know how to evaluate on offensive lineman? Nicks is turning 27 and a key trench player. It would help build the team for the future, not just 2-3 years.
When you say someone is the Revis of guards, your'e insinuating that hands down he's the best guard in football. I think he's an elite guard, but I'm not ready to say he's hands down the best.

I'm a firm believer we need a new guard and or center, but it doesn't have to be an elite guard. Build through the draft, not going bonkers in FA spending cash like crazy.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to have Nicks, but not at the price we'd have to end up paying.

Oh and I forgot that you're a talent scout and have the skills to evaluate NFL players. I too can regurgitate what I read on scouting reports.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The Giants had the 2nd worst Offensive Line in football last year according to PFF.com....

Just saying.
Our oline was terrible.

Which is why I think you guys are overstating your oline woes. It's not the 90s anymore, you're not going to have a stud oline unless you want to do so at the expense of other units on your team.

The Packers have a mediocre oline too. Best offense in the league.

I think with the passing game evolving and the spread sets becoming more popular, you don't need a dominant oline anymore. Romo is good enough in the pocket to make it work. You guys weren't exactly starving for points this year. Not to mention your run game looked great with Murray running.

I personally think the oline issues is nitpicking. The pass rush and secondary needs to be fixed.

The only reason why I would be ok with DeCastro with your pick is because he's such a safe dominant pick you can't go wrong. But I'd invest my offseason in going after Mario Williams and building up that defense instead of spending on linemen.

I rather build the front 7.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Our oline was terrible.

Which is why I think you guys are overstating your oline woes. It's not the 90s anymore, you're not going to have a stud oline unless you want to do so at the expense of other units on your team.

The Packers have a mediocre oline too. Best offense in the league.

I think with the passing game evolving and the spread sets becoming more popular, you don't need a dominant oline anymore. Romo is good enough in the pocket to make it work. You guys weren't exactly starving for points this year. Not to mention your run game looked great with Murray running.

I personally think the oline issues is nitpicking. The pass rush and secondary needs to be fixed.

The only reason why I would be ok with DeCastro with your pick is because he's such a safe dominant pick you can't go wrong. But I'd invest my offseason in going after Mario Williams and building up that defense instead of spending on linemen.

I rather build the front 7.
BOOM! CONFIRMATION.

The little dog latched to your leg right now won't like hearing you say this.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BOOM! CONFIRMATION.

The little dog latched to your leg right now won't like hearing you say this.
Heeey. I like CDC.

And I agree with some of what he's saying. I do agree that Nicks would be a better way of spending that money than Carr. I don't think you should get either guy bc I rather sign Mario and draft DeCastro, but if I had to choose btw Carr or Nicks, I'm going Nicks.

Like he said, Nicks is a better player than Carr. Those KC CBs are overrated. If their secondary was so damn good their defense would be a lot better than it was.

Carr doesn't scare me at all. He's an improvement over what you have, but he's not the type of CB that you pay that money to. I think the fact that KC gave big money to Routt and let Carr walk should be a telling sign that his own team didn't think as highly of him as the outside world does.

Having that said, again, I would go after neither. I'm saving my money for Mario Williams. I don't like the CB talent in this draft outside of Clairborne, so if he's there, you take him, if not, get DeCastro bc he's such a safe pick that you can't go wrong with.

But he's right in the sense that Carr is not worth the investment. Nicks would be a better investment if you had to choose btw the 2.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Heeey. I like CDC.

And I agree with some of what he's saying. I do agree that Nicks would be a better way of spending that money than Carr. I don't think you should get either guy bc I rather sign Mario and draft DeCastro, but if I had to choose btw Carr or Nicks, I'm going Nicks.

Like he said, Nicks is a better player than Carr. Those KC CBs are overrated. If their secondary was so damn good their defense would be a lot better than it was.

Carr doesn't scare me at all. He's an improvement over what you have, but he's not the type of CB that you pay that money to. I think the fact that KC gave big money to Routt and let Carr walk should be a telling sign that his own team didn't think as highly of him as the outside world does.

Having that said, again, I would go after neither. I'm saving my money for Mario Williams. I don't like the CB talent in this draft outside of Clairborne, so if he's there, you take him, if not, get DeCastro bc he's such a safe pick that you can't go wrong with.

But he's right in the sense that Carr is not worth the investment. Nicks would be a better investment if you had to choose btw the 2.
BBD, assuming we are sticking with the 3-4 and Ratliff at NT because that is what management has come out and said (dumbest decision ever but there's nothing we can do), what would be your off-season plan for the cowboys in free agency and the first 3 rounds of the draft?
Old 02-29-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Heeey. I like CDC.

I'm more than a little standoffish on Carr myself as stated before. I don't trust his body of work and I think you'd be paying for potential (which is too risky, imo). I think he's overrated. Can't say he's faced the best QBs being in the AFC West division. eeck.

Love Nicks, don't think he'll make it to FA. Would take him at a good cost, but not willing to break the bank. Mario is definitely where we make the best investment. No secret there... and I don't think switching to the 4-3 would matter at all in getting him.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...omos-contract/

Interesting
Old 02-29-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
That usually means they want to lower his annual salary by offering more long term. Nice if they can do that.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Mario seemed to of played fairly well in the 3-4 last year. So him playing OLB for us doesn't scare me. I'm not sure why there's all this talk about us switching to a 4-3. Like some have stated we play multiple formations and a player like Mario that can play with his hand in the dirt is a definite bonus. If I had the option of Mario, Nicks or Carr, I go Mario all day long. Even if it breaks the bank, I do it because then I feel we can fill our other needs in the draft. If we only got Mario in FA, I'd go CB, G, NT, DE with my first 4 picks.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Mario seemed to of played fairly well in the 3-4 last year. So him playing OLB for us doesn't scare me. I'm not sure why there's all this talk about us switching to a 4-3. Like some have stated we play multiple formations and a player like Mario that can play with his hand in the dirt is a definite bonus. If I had the option of Mario, Nicks or Carr, I go Mario all day long. Even if it breaks the bank, I do it because then I feel we can fill our other needs in the draft. If we only got Mario in FA, I'd go CB, G, NT, DE with my first 4 picks.
A post on BTB illustrated how quality DL are rarely found after round 2. Something to think about. The good trench players go early.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That usually means they want to lower his annual salary by offering more long term. Nice if they can do that.
Will you finally give up on your dream to trade up in the first for a qb in the next coming year/s?
Old 02-29-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Will you finally give up on your dream to trade up in the first for a qb in the next coming year/s?
Hey... I can dream up all the scenarios to make sure the rest of the roster is bulletproof. As long as Romo has a great roster, I have no doubts that he can get the job done. ;)
Old 03-01-2012, 05:12 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
JasonColeYahoo LB Dan Connor will hit the market tho panthers want him back. Dallas has interest.
Looks like that's a hedge against Bruce Carter. I like it.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'm more than a little standoffish on Carr myself as stated before. I don't trust his body of work and I think you'd be paying for potential (which is too risky, imo). I think he's overrated. Can't say he's faced the best QBs being in the AFC West division. eeck.

Love Nicks, don't think he'll make it to FA. Would take him at a good cost, but not willing to break the bank. Mario is definitely where we make the best investment. No secret there... and I don't think switching to the 4-3 would matter at all in getting him.
Yeah it's no secret I'm all aboard the Mario train. Even in a 3-4, I think you can make it work. He's best in a 4-3 sure, but he can still rush the passer in a 3-4. Just use 4 man lines in your nickel and that will help ease him in.

Quote:
BBD, assuming we are sticking with the 3-4 and Ratliff at NT because that is what management has come out and said (dumbest decision ever but there's nothing we can do), what would be your off-season plan for the cowboys in free agency and the first 3 rounds of the draft?
I'm still going after Mario for the reasons I stated above. I think as long as you use a 4 man line in your nickel he's still worth it. In the draft, I move up to take Clairborne if he starts slipping, if not, then I stay home and take DeCastro. Can't go wrong with DeCastro. In the 2nd I'm looking at whichever of the 1st round graded DTs falls, 1 of them should be there, my guess is Still should be there.

The only CB I really like in this draft is Clairborne. I either move up to get him, or if I can't do that, I just look to improve the team in other areas. I'm a big Judie fan, kid from Texas A&M, he wouldnt' be a bad slot CB to gamble on later in the draft. He has the tools, if he can stay healthy I think he can be a solid slot CB in the NFL.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:56 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah it's no secret I'm all aboard the Mario train. Even in a 3-4, I think you can make it work. He's best in a 4-3 sure, but he can still rush the passer in a 3-4. Just use 4 man lines in your nickel and that will help ease him in.

I'm still going after Mario for the reasons I stated above. I think as long as you use a 4 man line in your nickel he's still worth it. In the draft, I move up to take Clairborne if he starts slipping, if not, then I stay home and take DeCastro. Can't go wrong with DeCastro. In the 2nd I'm looking at whichever of the 1st round graded DTs falls, 1 of them should be there, my guess is Still should be there.

The only CB I really like in this draft is Clairborne. I either move up to get him, or if I can't do that, I just look to improve the team in other areas. I'm a big Judie fan, kid from Texas A&M, he wouldnt' be a bad slot CB to gamble on later in the draft. He has the tools, if he can stay healthy I think he can be a solid slot CB in the NFL.
I hate to break it to all of you, but we aren't going after Mario Williams. He's not even on there radar. Read up on any report on the web, we have no intention of going after him.

As for Dan Connor, I don't think it's as much a slight against Bruce Carter as it is just covering your bases and trying to get better. He's a good player, but you may be able to get him on a sensabaugh/elam type 1 or 2 year deal if he doesn't get picked up fast. He's solid, but it's not like they are bringing in some stud who has to start. He has concussions issues of his own as well. I wouldn't mind it at all, ILB has been one of the biggest liabilities of this team since Ken Norton Jr. left. I'll take everybody lol.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I hate to break it to all of you, but we aren't going after Mario Williams. He's not even on there radar. Read up on any report on the web, we have no intention of going after him.

As for Dan Connor, I don't think it's as much a slight against Bruce Carter as it is just covering your bases and trying to get better. He's a good player, but you may be able to get him on a sensabaugh/elam type 1 or 2 year deal if he doesn't get picked up fast. He's solid, but it's not like they are bringing in some stud who has to start. He has concussions issues of his own as well. I wouldn't mind it at all, ILB has been one of the biggest liabilities of this team since Ken Norton Jr. left. I'll take everybody lol.
It's not like all teams show their cards on who their looking at. We might have intentions of it, but it doesn't mean we cannot dream. Just like you dream of Nicks.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

I understand that. I'm not saying Dallas will do what I would suggest, but that is what I would do in their shoes.

I have a feeling I'm not going to agree with some of their decisions they make this offseason, but who knows. We'll see.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-take-pay-cut/

Please cut him, I'd be up for taking a stab at him as opposed to resigning Spencer.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jo...lascowboys.com

Not that the official web site actually has insight but I hope they are right. Carr and Finnegan would be nice but not if it's going to break the bank.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jo...lascowboys.com

Not that the official web site actually has insight but I hope they are right. Carr and Finnegan would be nice but not if it's going to break the bank.
Terrell Thomas would be the best possible pick-up. He's easily better than Finnegan's overrated ***, and he's on the same level as Brandon Carr, or very close to it. He just turned 27. He won't be that expensive because of his injury, and it hurts the Giants. It's a win on all levels.

He may need to be eased back a little bit, but it's worth it. I really hope he is on there radar. The fact that he hasn't just re-signed with the giants yet is a good sign. I really just hope we don't sign Finnegan. For the money he will command it will be a terrible signing. He's not that good and he's 28. Pointless. If no one gives him that contract and his price comes down then ok, but he wants Nnamdi money. If we gave that to Cortland Finnegan instead of a Mario Williams or Carl Nicks.... enough said.

Terrell Thomas all the way.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-01-2012 at 01:20 PM.