Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-07-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
No joke. Finnigan needs to go to the Raiders. He probably should have been one all along. Or maybe an Eagle.

For the record, I don't want Decastro at #14. I would rather draft a CB or DE. But I think the interior line is not NFL caliber. D-Unit made a great point a few days ago about in this rookie salary cap age, you don't want to draft a G early because you can get higher paid players on the cheap now, in the draft that is. And I think he is absolutely right, as a general rule.

However, I don't think the boys fit this rule this year. All rules are made to be broken. DeCastro, I bet most people would agree, is the most likely prospect to be a top level player for a long time that there is. So position of need meets stellar prospect.

If the boys sign two or three OL in Free Agency, then I obviously want to draft another position. But they probably won't. And if the same trash gets rolled out there next year at OL that we did this year, no step forward will be taken. We will not compete for anything.
I went against my own point and drafted DeCastro in my mock for us... but yes, there is still a big part of me that questions that selection. The stars have to align perfectly for me to warrant that selection.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...193151513.html

Ooopsy
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This next week cannot go by any faster.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
This next week cannot go by any faster.
I hope my mock draft is helping to ease your nerves.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This great article makes me want to punch babies for leaving Ratliff at NT:

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/...le-jay-ratliff

Leaving him there makes no freakin' sense. None whatsoever.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tweet from Bruce Carter:

Quote:
GM! Another leg day... Yoga @ 11.. #grindmode
Love it!

Also, you guys want me to "site some sources and not form my own opinions," here is something for you. Today on "Talkin' Cowboys" Rob Phillips said he talked to a front office guy who said Ratliff doesn't have the length to play 3-4 end so they don't think they would put him there. He said he probably makes most sense as a 4-3 3 technique, but they don't think they are going to switch. That's some factual information about knowing what the organization is thinking.

So bleh.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-08-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
God dammit, Dez! Now you're messing things up with Brooking!

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Tweet from Bruce Carter:

Love it!

Also, you guys want me to "site some sources and not form my own opinions," here is something for you. Today on "Talkin' Cowboys" Rob Phillips said he talked to a front office guy who said Ratliff doesn't have the length to play 3-4 end so they don't think they would put him there. He said he probably makes most sense as a 4-3 3 technique, but they don't think they are going to switch. That's some factual information about knowing what the organization is thinking.

So bleh.
Never even thought about Ratliff's arm length before. He's got short arms??? Hmmm....
Old 03-08-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
God dammit, Dez! Now you're messing things up with Brooking!
What? That's a good thing lol screw Brooking. Bringing him back would be terrible. Orie Lemon is better than him for crying out loud.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Never even thought about Ratliff's arm length before. He's got short arms??? Hmmm....
I can't find his arm length anywhere online, but it does make sense. Ratliff isn;t tall and long to extend from blockers like the prototypical 3-4 end such as Hatcher, Canty, JJ Watt, etc. I don't know about Justin Smith, he may just be a beast.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-major-change/

I wonder what the market will be like on Wimbley? Rob has worked with him before.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What? That's a good thing lol screw Brooking. Bringing him back would be terrible. Orie Lemon is better than him for crying out loud.
Keith Brooking is the best linebacker on the Cowboy roster. I'd rather keep him over Sean Lee.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Keith Brooking is the best linebacker on the Cowboy roster. I'd rather keep him over Sean Lee.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

I was laughing like a maniac when I wrote that. I blame it on the offseason football lull. Sure there's basketball and MMA, but I figured I'd sarcastically troll with some silly **** while we wait for the draft.

Btw, I have no idea what that tussor smiley means, but the troll in me must use it.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Dez just restructured to clear some cap space. Switched his base salary to a signing bonus and pro-rated salary. There was some speculation he was going to hold out, but obviously that isn't the case with this news. It frees up about 1 million in cap space. I wonder if this means we do plan on being aggressive..

I really hope the team lands Brandon Carr. The only 2 corners on my radar would be Carr and Terrell Thomas, with a dark horse being Tracy Porter even though he sucks because he is only 25. Everyone else is either 28+ or no that good.

Valley Ranch will mysteriously burn down if we sign Finnegan..

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-08-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Dez just restructured to clear some cap space. Switched his base salary to a signing bonus and pro-rated salary. There was some speculation he was going to hold out, but obviously that isn't the case with this news. It frees up about 1 million in cap space. I wonder if this means we do plan on being aggressive..

I really hope the team lands Brandon Carr. The only 2 corners on my radar would be Carr and Terrell Thomas, with a dark horse being Tracy Porter even though he sucks because he is only 25. Everyone else is either 28+ or no that good.

Valley Ranch will mysteriously burn down if we sign Finnegan..
Nice to hear that about Dezzy. Now all he needs to do is buy a belt so we don't have to see his butt crack every time he gets tackled.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

I don't get what's so bad about Finnegan. I can see not wanting him, but if they got him it's not like he wouldn't help out. He's been a good player, and CB is a huge need.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't get what's so bad about Finnegan. I can see not wanting him, but if they got him it's not like he wouldn't help out. He's been a good player, and CB is a huge need.
He's not that great of a player, he's small and has the same skillset as Scandrick, and in 2-3 years we would be in the same situation as with Newman because he'd be over 30 and very overpaid. Either get Carr or draft a corner.

Anyway, for all of you Spencer haters, watch this and shut up:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...5748358B82F662

By the way, I hope you notice on the Josh Freeman strip when he is still in the pocket that is Victor Butler flying out of control past Freeman who simply shrugs him off. That kind of play gets you beat.

SPENCER IS A GOOD PLAYER! He's not franchise worthy, but it is what it is now. It's good to have him back.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/...-for-cap-space

Dez restructured his deal
Old 03-08-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's not that great of a player, he's small and has the same skillset as Scandrick, and in 2-3 years we would be in the same situation as with Newman because he'd be over 30 and very overpaid. Either get Carr or draft a corner.

Anyway, for all of you Spencer haters, watch this and shut up:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...5748358B82F662

By the way, I hope you notice on the Josh Freeman strip when he is still in the pocket that is Victor Butler flying out of control past Freeman who simply shrugs him off. That kind of play gets you beat.

SPENCER IS A GOOD PLAYER! He's not franchise worthy, but it is what it is now. It's good to have him back.

Gee, shocker. The team that just used the franchise tag on a dude puts out a clip on why he's so great. Propaganda.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And by the way, it's no done deal.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 03-08-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
And by the way, it's no done deal.
Was just getting a rise out of you my friend. In all seriousness, I can't wait for Tuesday. Since it appears we have minimal interest in Nicks, I hope we land Brandon Carr quickly and can focus on the rest of the off-season. Signing him would really open up our options.

Reports are circulating than Finnegan is trying to go somewhere with Vincent Jackson as a package deal. Good, obviously takes us out of the picture.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-08-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I think we need to go hard after Carr, too.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 03-09-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Joseph Addai, Dallas Clark, and Gary Brackett all just got cut by the Colts. I'd take all three of those guys if they are coming for around the veteran minimum.

Addai would only come if we traded Felix, but he would be a nice veteran back-up to Murray who isn't that old at age 28 and can do all things relatively well. Can start for a few games if DeMarco gets hurt. Also from Houston, Texas which may make things more likely.

Dallas Clark will probably get better than veteran minimum money from a team that needs a tight end, but if he doesn't he would be a hell of a pass catching back up for Witten. He is turning 33 so I don't teams will want to bring him in as a starter, but that gives us an opportunity and he can definitely still play and come up with some clutch 3rd down conversions to keep drives alive.

Brackett would be interesting because 32 but is more of a speed linebacker who could be a solid #3 and a veteran presence because unlike guys like Brooking and Bradie James he can still play in space. He will probably be around the veteran minimum as well.

I wouldn't mind any of them.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-09-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like all three but I don't picture any of them here. Dallas Clark can go to a number of teams and be the #1 option. Without Felix we'll have zero speed in our backfield which is something Garrett has preached about which I think really limits Addai's chances.

The one "maybe" in my mind would be Brackett. If and a BIG IF he's willing to come cheap he would not be a terrible 3rd option. We'd also be teaching him an entirely new position at 32. I wouldn't be against Brackett though I don't envision the other two.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote