Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-09-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I really like all three but I don't picture any of them here. Dallas Clark can go to a number of teams and be the #1 option. Without Felix we'll have zero speed in our backfield which is something Garrett has preached about which I think really limits Addai's chances.

The one "maybe" in my mind would be Brackett. If and a BIG IF he's willing to come cheap he would not be a terrible 3rd option. We'd also be teaching him an entirely new position at 32. I wouldn't be against Brackett though I don't envision the other two.
Actually, both Murray and Tanner are faster than Felix in a straight line. Not just by 40 times, but on the field it's clear as well. DeMarco is fast, he just doesn't look like it because he's a tall, striding guy like Eric Dickerson. Felix Jones only ran a 4.47. He's more of a burst/quickness guy than someone with incredible straight line speed. Both Murray and Tanner can hit home runs out of the back field. Speed wouldn't be an issue.

Hell even Addai isn't that slow.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-09-2012 at 06:07 PM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Actually, both Murray and Tanner are faster than Felix in a straight line. Not just by 40 times, but on the field it's clear as well. DeMarco is fast, he just doesn't look like it because he's a tall, striding guy like Eric Dickerson. Felix Jones only ran a 4.47. He's more of a burst/quickness guy than someone with incredible straight line speed. Both Murray and Tanner can hit home runs out of the back field. Speed wouldn't be an issue.

Hell even Addai isn't that slow.
Addai has a history of injuries. What does Addai bring to our team in the backfield that we do not already possess. I'm a little baffled at why there'd be any interest in him.

Brackett, I could see some interest there. He'd be a good depth player and a guy that can play some nickel.

Clark, sure would love to have him. But like previously said, he'll get more money to be a #1 TE elsewhere.

I'm still trying to figure out why Addai would fit and improve our team over what we have.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't sleep on Richard Marshall at CB. A quality starter who could be had after the dust settles for a decent price. Obviously would rather have Carr, but Marshall would be much cheaper and still a significant upgrade over Newman.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't sleep on Richard Marshall at CB. A quality starter who could be had after the dust settles for a decent price. Obviously would rather have Carr, but Marshall would be much cheaper and still a significant upgrade over Newman.
This was brought up a few weeks ago and a plus on Marshall is that he has some game experience at safety as well. If Carr doesn't work out, I'd be game for Marshall.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
This was brought up a few weeks ago and a plus on Marshall is that he has some game experience at safety as well. If Carr doesn't work out, I'd be game for Marshall.
My CB list would be as follows:

1. Brandon Carr
2. Terrell Thomas
3. Richard Marshall

A distant #4. Tracy Porter

Everyone else is overrated, too pricey, too old, or all three.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

What does everybody think of Sensabaugh? I have always thought he was a little above average. I just rotoworlded him to check the numbers of his new contract, and the description on him was this:

Quote:
Sensabaugh, 28, played this season on a one-year, $2.5 million contract. He has started all 12 games, racking up a pair of interceptions and two forced fumbles to go with 60 tackles (50 solo). Sensabaugh is unlikely to last through the end of the deal, so it's probably a bit back loaded. Pro Football Focus has graded Sensabaugh as a top-ten safety in the league this season, performing effectively in both coverage and run support.
Top ten? I know some people don't believe on PFF, but that still is pretty impressive. I do think he is a bit underrated. If he ever got a true safety next to him he would probably look pretty good. Let alone having some corners who can cover anything and a front 7 that can actual get pressure. Nobody is good without a supporting cast.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What does everybody think of Sensabaugh? I have always thought he was a little above average. I just rotoworlded him to check the numbers of his new contract, and the description on him was this:

Top ten? I know some people don't believe on PFF, but that still is pretty impressive. I do think he is a bit underrated. If he ever got a true safety next to him he would probably look pretty good. Let alone having some corners who can cover anything and a front 7 that can actual get pressure. Nobody is good without a supporting cast.
I was listening to NFL on Sirius this morning and they had the guy from PFF on and he rated Evan Mathis above Carl Nicks. It was very interesting listening to him and his thoughts on a lot of positions.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Yeah, but nicks is 4 years younger, and we need size on the interior. Mathis as good of a fit. Plus, Carl Nicks is proven, Mathis had one good season at age 30 that's a big red flag to me.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, but nicks is 4 years younger, and we need size on the interior. Mathis as good of a fit. Plus, Carl Nicks is proven, Mathis had one good season at age 30 that's a big red flag to me.
They go by a rating system, it's just a little interesting to me. By no means am I saying go after Mathis. I'd like to read more about the rating system and see it being proven over time.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Major scoopage: Redskins have agreed to a trade w Rams for #2 pick of draft. Rams and Skins swap first rounders this yr w Rams also getting 2 future #1s and additional picks. Story coming on fox sports dot com

Deadskins

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sensabaugh is the definition of average to me, I feel we could do better but he provides stable enough play that I don't worry too much about him manning down the job. I think he gets a little exposed against some of the more potent offenses in the league, but as far as covering most TEs I feel fairly confident in him. I wish he was a little more gifted in the playmaking department but that's really my only major gripe with him, he can do most things you'd expect a starting safety to do besides take the football away.

I guess I'm just indifferent towards him, he's kind of just there. To be honest with you if he was off the team next year I'd probably hardly notice while watching the games. I never catch myself saying "C'mon Sensabaugh, we really need a play right here!" lol.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-09-2012 at 09:38 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Major scoopage: Redskins have agreed to a trade w Rams for #2 pick of draft. Rams and Skins swap first rounders this yr w Rams also getting 2 future #1s and additional picks. Story coming on fox sports dot com

Deadskins
They never learn...I like RG3, but C'MON MAN!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post

Deadskins
that sucks.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:31 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
that sucks.

Meh same old Redskins. Now they'll have an athletic QB with minimum talent around him. That being said it's the first time the 'Skins have had a "good" QB in a while.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:24 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh same old Redskins. Now they'll have an athletic QB with minimum talent around him. That being said it's the first time the 'Skins have had a "good" QB in a while.
Schnieder will blow his 40 mil and lock up the salary cap for the next five years... after 3 solid but unspectacular seasons the team is in the same cycle as usual. Shannahan will be fired,there will be no 1st round picks to re-stock the shelves, the high priced F/A will be on the wrong side of 30 and under performing, all making RGIII look average. His contract will end and the Cowboys will sign him as the successor to Tony Romo.

THE END
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:28 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I like the Skins D, they did a nice job putting together the Front 7 last season and can generate pressure from a number of spots. The offense is still missing a big time target but there is some nice depth there in Davis, Moss, Hank... if they can land someone like Vincent Jackson that'd be a pretty formidable receiving corps. They have some nice pieces already in place on that team, with good QB play they could definitely be a factor in the NFC this year.

I just really liked RG3 not only on the field but off the field, I was hoping he'd land somewhere outside the division so I could root for and admire his career from a far. I probably still will, but it just kinda sucks.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like the Skins D, they did a nice job putting together the Front 7 last season and can generate pressure from a number of spots. The offense is still missing a big time target but there is some nice depth there in Davis, Moss, Hank... if they can land someone like Vincent Jackson that'd be a pretty formidable receiving corps. They have some nice pieces already in place on that team, with good QB play they could definitely be a factor in the NFC this year.

I just really liked RG3 not only on the field but off the field, I was hoping he'd land somewhere outside the division so I could root for and admire his career from a far. I probably still will, but it just kinda sucks.
Have you noticed the similarities in Washington's role players on offsense to Carolina's. Both teams have a solid pair of tightends, one being an aging probowler... (Shockey,Cooley) and the other young and explosive (Olsen, Davis). To go along with the twin tights... both teams have undersized burners as their man target (Smith, Moss). I just thought it was something interesting since everyone likes to compare Newton and RGIII.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

100% agree on that part. I actually enjoy the Skins becoming more competitive. I think the season is better for it when our division games are actually a struggle.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If RG3 doesn't bust.... we're in trouble deep. We need a better defense... NOW. If we can't contain QBs that can dodge the pass rush, like we haven't been able to up to now, then we're screwed, blued and tattooed.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not worried at all about the Redskins. They always mess up the good things that they have, so I imagine that they'll mess it up with RG3 too. I really wanted to see him succeed, but my hatred for the Redskins won't allow me to root for him anymore. I think he does okay with what he has, but coaching changes and poor drafting and free agency will keep Griffin from being an All-Pro out in D.C.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Rams cleaned up/
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

So with Steve Hutchinson being released it has to be said... interested? If his salary is in the second tier of guards and he's willing to take a 3 year deal or so I'd take it in a heartbeat. Brandon Carr must be signed in this scenario.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

My top FA targets are narrowed down.

Mario Williams
Brandon Carr
Evan Mathis
Cortland Finnegan

I know we tagged Spencer but I'm going to hold out hope until Mario signs with someone else. Top 5 Pass rushers in their prime aren't supposed to hit the market, this is a rare opportunity and it would be a thing of beauty seeing him opposite Ware.

Evan Mathis is my #1 target at OG because I think he'll require significantly less money than Nicks and Grubbs, but he's still a heck of a Guard and has some good years left in him. I'm just looking for the best bang for my buck deal at OG.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious, are you guys going to be playing a 3-4, 4-3 or hybrid defense in 2012? And if you do sign Mario Williams, is he better suited at OLB opposited Ware or at DE in a 4-3 opposite Ware?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Just curious, are you guys going to be playing a 3-4, 4-3 or hybrid defense in 2012? And if you do sign Mario Williams, is he better suited at OLB opposited Ware or at DE in a 4-3 opposite Ware?
Have you heard that Dallas would be going for him?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote