Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-11-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Have you heard that Dallas would be going for him?
Yeah, I read rumors on rotoworld.com that the Cowboys could be going after him. Main reason im asking is my friend who's a Cowboys fan wants him but I was explaining to him that since the Cowboys franchised Spencer, I dont see the point unless they remove the tag.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ncent-jackson/

Super, the last thing anyone needs is the Redskins with a ton of money to work with. Dan Snyder will undoubtedly use almost all of it and pay more than market price for players running up the market cost.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
boogeydown
Rookie

boogeydown is a cocksman.boogeydown is a cocksman.boogeydown is a cocksman.

My Mock OffSeason:

Resign:Im assuming Laurent Robinson prices himself out of our range
WR Jesse Holley, OT Jeremy Parnell, FB Tony Fiametta

Cut: Terrence Newman

Free Agents:
OLB Kam Wimbley- Im predicting the Raiders cut him, he can actually rush the passer something Spencer hasnt shown consistently.
QB David Carr- We'll need a backup with some experience.
CB Brandon Carr- Im gonna admit I didnt watch any KC games last year but the reports on him sound good to me.
NT Aubrayo Franklin- Strong run stuffer
FS Reggie Nelson- a safety that can cover

Draft:
1st: OG David Decastro- willl solidy our line for years

*Trade: Anthony Spencer, 4th round pick and 5th round next year for New Englands 27th overall pick

1st: C Peter Konz- with him Dallas will have the best O line in the NFL for years

2nd: CB Jayron Hosley- I saw alot of VA Tech games and this guy reminds me of when Aaron Glenn could stick to your hips.

3rd: LB Vontaze Burfict- Im not concerned with his slow 40. The guys play violent something Dallas is missing.

4th: traded

5th- WR Ryan Brolyes- excellent slot guy if hes fully healed

6th: CB Charles Brown- a steady performer for UNC

7th: TE Kevin Kroger- solid blocking TE who opened holes for Denard Robinson

Last edited by boogeydown : 03-11-2012 at 10:59 PM.
boogeydown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogeydown View Post
My Mock OffSeason:

WR Jesse Holley, OT Jeremy Parnell, FB Tony Fiametta, OG Derrick Dockery

Free Agents:
OLB Kam Wimbley- Im predicting the Raiders cut him, he can actually rush the passer something Spencer hasnt shown consistently.
CB Brandon Carr- Im gonna admit I didnt watch any KC games last year but the reports on him sound good to me.
FS Reggie Nelson- a safety can cover
I think this is fairly solid. I'm assuming if we'd sign Wimbley, that you're saying we'll remove the tag from Spencer and let him go into FA.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Thoughts on Erin Henderson?
Old 03-11-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't realize reggie nelson was going to be a free agent. I loved that guy coming out of college. I would like to bring him in for sure.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Bonzai
Rookie

Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.

I also like a trade up where we get konz as well as decastro. That's been my line of thinking lately as well. I really don't know of any other way we can fix center and be confident about it. Don't really like any FAs or our existing guys including a guard switching, and the lower you wait in the draft the more probable they'll bust, so I'm all for getting back into late 1st for konz.
Bonzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the trade up is likely, but I do agree with you about the FA centers. I don't think any of them fit us very well.

Meyer would be an upgrade, but he built for the zone blocking scheme. Unfortunately for us...

Old 03-12-2012, 12:41 AM    (permalink
boogeydown
Rookie

boogeydown is a cocksman.boogeydown is a cocksman.boogeydown is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I don't think the trade up is likely, but I do agree with you about the FA centers. I don't think any of them fit us very well.

Meyer would be an upgrade, but he built for the zone blocking scheme. Unfortunately for us...
I agree Meyer is perfect for zone and has already said he would like to return to Houston. Scott Wells also will probably stay in Green Bay. Samson Satele from Oakland is ok but nothing to break the bank on.
boogeydown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:08 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogeydown View Post
My Mock OffSeason:

WR Jesse Holley, OT Jeremy Parnell, FB Tony Fiametta

Cut: Terrence Newman

Free Agents:
FS Reggie Nelson- a safety that can cover

Draft:
1st: OG David Decastro- willl solidy our line for years

*Trade: Anthony Spencer, 4th round pick and 5th round next year for New Englands 27th overall pick

1st: C Peter Konz- with him Dallas will have the best O line in the NFL for years

2nd: CB Jayron Hosley- I saw alot of VA Tech games and this guy reminds me of when Aaron Glenn could stick to your hips.

3rd: LB Vontaze Burfict- Im not concerned with his slow 40. The guys play violent something Dallas is missing.

4th: traded

5th- WR Ryan Brolyes- excellent slot guy if hes fully healed

6th: CB Charles Brown- a steady performer for UNC

7th: TE Kevin Kroger- solid blocking TE who opened holes for Denard Robinson
If this were to be our off-season I would find you and be your personal slave for the rest of my life. That is a thing of beauty.

OL is now dominant, CB is now significantly improved, got a #3 ILB, Broyles is a perfect #3, got a true run stopping NT to rotate in on the DL, Wimbley i'm ehhh about but I don't care, and Nelson would be an upgrade at FS.

Will you marry me?
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:48 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pass on Konz's health. He's an excellent prospect and if he had a 100% clean bill of health could be a wildcard at 14. The ankle injuries don't bother me but his major problem with blood clots is going to force him down boards. Hell the last one the clots moved into his lungs and sent him to the hospital rather than the game. Add in that he's never finished a 12 game college season and it's just an injury slate nightmare.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Man, the next 30 hrs cannot go by fast enough.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
Old 03-12-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
True, but if we don't land Nicks or Carr I am going to be pissed lol. Our whole off-season depends on it. If we go into the draft having done nothing but sign some bargain veterans who won't make any difference, we might as well just tell the league we are going 7-9 and not even play.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
True, but if we don't land Nicks or Carr I am going to be pissed lol. Our whole off-season depends on it. If we go into the draft having done nothing but sign some bargain veterans who won't make any difference, we might as well just tell the league we are going 7-9 and not even play.
We do need to address both positions, but if we don't sign either of them, it's not the end of the world. In particular at guard. I feel there's enough talent in the draft that we could easily upgrade what we have now with a draft pick.

At CB, we can easily upgrade in the draft, but I would like to see us sign a veteran in FA though. I haven't been high on TT, but if he's healthy I'd take a flyer out on him.

You're kind of a "the sky is falling" kind of person aren't you? HA HA

Old 03-12-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We do need to address both positions, but if we don't sign either of them, it's not the end of the world. In particular at guard. I feel there's enough talent in the draft that we could easily upgrade what we have now with a draft pick.

At CB, we can easily upgrade in the draft, but I would like to see us sign a veteran in FA though. I haven't been high on TT, but if he's healthy I'd take a flyer out on him.

You're kind of a "the sky is falling" kind of person aren't you? HA HA
Well I had hope for this off-season until Jerry Jones spoke at the combine.

How is the sky not falling when the owner of your team says he doesn't see any significant holes if we don't upgrade for next season, terence newman could be back and be good value, leaving Ratliff at NT and not even considering getting another one, saying Andre Holmes is good enough to replace Laurent Robinson, potentially bringing Keith Brooking back, and not wanting to draft a future QB ever because he is AN IDIOT.

Is that a sick joke? My only hope is that Garrett talks some sense into him.

Not getting Nicks or Carr isn't the end of the world, but it is easily the best start to any off-season we may have. I' rather have Carr because he won't have rookie growing pains compared to at guard where DeCastro could probably start day 1 and be pretty good. But I do love Nicks so it's a toss up.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well I had hope for this off-season until Jerry Jones spoke at the combine.

How is the sky not falling when the owner of your team says he doesn't see any significant holes if we don't upgrade for next season, terence newman could be back and be good value, leaving Ratliff at NT and not even considering getting another one, saying Andre Holmes is good enough to replace Laurent Robinson, potentially bringing Keith Brooking back, and not wanting to draft a future QB ever because he is AN IDIOT.

Is that a sick joke? My only hope is that Garrett talks some sense into him.

Not getting Nicks or Carr isn't the end of the world, but it is easily the best start to any off-season we may have. I' rather have Carr because he won't have rookie growing pains compared to at guard where DeCastro could probably start day 1 and be pretty good. But I do love Nicks so it's a toss up.
I just think it was Jerry blowing smoke. He has to appear confident in the players he has for the sake of the players he has. If he goes out saying we have gaping holes, it just wouldn't be a good PR move. Most owners aren't going to tell the media and public the truth.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

New signature, stoked about it!

Old 03-12-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ee-3-year-deal

Pouha is no longer free.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
sexy new sig! i likey!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bumzies .
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Leroy. I love your new sig. Wish I knew how to make one.

And all this talk about Ratliff either moving to DE or we suck. What is the deal? He is the least of our concerns. So many things to fix before worrying about that guy.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Leroy. I love your new sig. Wish I knew how to make one.

And all this talk about Ratliff either moving to DE or we suck. What is the deal? He is the least of our concerns. So many things to fix before worrying about that guy.
Hit up BoneKrusher, I've seen some of his other sigs and all are pretty solid. I wish I knew how to do it too or else I'd be creating new ones a lot.

I'm with you on the Ratliff talk. I don't see how that is the key to us being good or bad. I think we need a more suitable back-up to take some more reps from him, but he doesn't need to move to DE or be fully replaced. I do see him wearing down a little later in games in the last quarter of the season, but he simply needs a breather more. Ratliff plays very hard and you just run out of juice sometimes.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL is taking away millions of dolllar of salary-cap space from Cowboys and Redskins for how they front-loaded deals during uncapped year.

Matt Mosley ‏ @mattmosley Reply Retweet Favorite Open
I'm hearing that Brandon Carr is no longer the Cowboys' top target at CB in free agency. Cortland Finnegan is in pole position as of today.

More great news...

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
NFL is taking away millions of dolllar of salary-cap space from Cowboys and Redskins for how they front-loaded deals during uncapped year.

Matt Mosley ‏ @mattmosley Reply Retweet Favorite Open
I'm hearing that Brandon Carr is no longer the Cowboys' top target at CB in free agency. Cortland Finnegan is in pole position as of today.

More great news...
Let's just hope that is all speculation. Cortland Finnegan sucks, is small, and is already 28. That is stupid. This organization baffles me.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Let's just hope that is all speculation. Cortland Finnegan sucks, is small, and is already 28. That is stupid. This organization baffles me.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-cap-space/

I"m not a Finnegan fan, but man 28 isn't old for christ sake. You can get 4 very solid years out of a 28 year old in the NFL.