Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-14-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
We could have done that. Oh well.

Are any other teams even in play for Carr? The longer this goes the less likely we are to sign him. I feel like everyone that was after a CB got one...

He isn't worth 10 mill a year though. Jesus I could seriously kill Cortland Finnegan. I can't believe Jeff Fisher would give him that contract. He sucks.
I'm sure there's other teams just sitting back and waiting. If his rate is now $10mi/year, I'd have to say I'd take a pass on that. I'd go up to $8.5, but no higher. If he waits it out, I think he'll see not many other teams will pay that if any. I know the Lions could use some help at CB, but not sure if they'd spend that money on him. Maybe the Benglas??

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@JayGlazer: RT @funwithrealz: @JayGlazer Do you have a Brandon Carr update?>Dallas trying to get him done and he likes Dallas. Likely ends up there
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wright got $7.5mi/year. This is just absurd.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Wright got $7.5mi/year. This is just absurd.
Inflation is freakin' ridiculous. I agree with you that I would go about 8.5 just because we really have no other choice.

Sign Davis as a back-up tight end and Orton for back-up QB and hopefully fill interior OL in the draft.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey baby lets get that Carr!!! Whooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.multivu.com/assets/53915/...jpg?1327563871

Edit: it wont put the damn pic up there

Last edited by bigmac076 : 03-14-2012 at 10:13 AM.
bigmac076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

So if we lose out on Robinson, which seems likely. How about going after Santana Moss as a slot receiver. It appears his time in DC might be up. I'm not sure what he has left, but as a slot guy it might be worth it.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
CowboyFan73
Rookie

CowboyFan73 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nicks went to the BUCS! 5 year $47.5 mill $31 mill guaranteed! Crazy!
CowboyFan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

old news..
Old 03-14-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
CowboyFan73
Rookie

CowboyFan73 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076 View Post
old news..
My bad dude!
CowboyFan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting bit from Archer
Quote:
Cowboys were not going after Carl Nicks 4 reasons more than money. Not a fit with Bill Callahan, his college coach.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Interesting bit from Archer
WOW, that is very interesting. I have heard recently that his work ethic has been questioned as well. Honestly, I could really care less that we didn't land him. I just hope we draft a guard in either of the first two rounds.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad we didn't go after Nicks. Carr is the key to this offseason. Period.

And I'd hate to lose L.Robinson, but...people are acting like he irreplaceable. One of the major reasons he was so successful last season was because of injuries to Dez and Austin....HOPEFULLY, those two will be healthier this season. If that's the case, you're looking at paying WR1 or WR2 money to a third or 4th receiver because of Witten...

I definitely don't want that.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else excited about Dan Connor coming to visit? Everything we love about Sean Lee we would be getting with Connor, instincts, blue collar work ethic, tough as hell and doesn't miss tackles.

Love it, Linebacker U baby.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Anyone else excited about Dan Connor coming to visit? Everything we love about Sean Lee we would be getting with Connor, instincts, blue collar work ethic, tough as hell and doesn't miss tackles.

Love it.
Since I'm a Penn State homer, yes. I think he could be a solid fit while Carter develops.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Since I'm a Penn State homer, yes. I think he could be a solid fit while Carter develops.
Another PSU grad here but I'm scaling back on Connor. He's an excellent running game guy (attacking downhill) and has the uncanny play recognition skills that Lee has but he is nowhere near as reliable in coverage.

That being said I love him as our 3rd ILB in rotation.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyFan73 View Post
My bad dude!
lol jk dude. I was gonna go with the whole "so 27 seconds ago" bit from that cell phone ad but i was too lazy and this thing wont let me insert pictures
Old 03-14-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Schefter just reported that Orton signed a 3yr deal with us. Very good news!!!

Old 03-14-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was in the middle of posting :D

I like it a lot. He's better than Kitna and means I don't have to worry about McGee playing anything more than development time.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Was in the middle of posting :D

I like it a lot. He's better than Kitna and means I don't have to worry about McGee playing anything more than development time.
It's good stability at back-up and also I believe it puts a little something into Romo's head too. In a good way that will motivate him even more.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Quote:
Schefter just reported that Orton signed a 3yr deal with us. Very good news!!!
I like it, lets top it off with some Carr
Old 03-14-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076 View Post
I like it, lets top it off with some Carr
I agree. Once we do that, we can kind of sit back and cherry pick some 2nd tier talent.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are about to sign Mackenzy Bernedeau of the Panthers. 6'4' 308 guard from the Panthers, 26 years old. 20 career starts in 4 years but has mostly been a back-up:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...45F3B2AC37B74B

Hmmm. Maybe trying to find the next Kosier. I just hope we still have enough money for Carr.

Josh Ellis just tweeted this:

Quote:
Usually when a negotiation goes this long, there's a mutual desire to get something done. I get impression Cowboys believe it will happen.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-14-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

The Lions actually freed up some space with that Calvin deal and now can be players in free agency. They need CB help and Carr is from Michigan.

If we don't get this done soon and he visits the Lions, forget it.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
We are about to sign Mackenzy Bernedeau of the Panthers. 6'4' 308 guard from the Panthers, 26 years old. 20 career starts in 4 years but has mostly been a back-up:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...45F3B2AC37B74B

Hmmm. Maybe trying to find the next Kosier. I just hope we still have enough money for Carr.

Josh Ellis just tweeted this:
Maybe just a depth play here?

Old 03-14-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

I don't have a good feeling about this anymore. I am just awaiting the headline "Carr departs from Dallas with no deal."

I just don't think we have enough money. Jason La Canfora just tweeted how Calvin Johnson's new deal freed up a lot of space for the Lions. They need corners.

God damnit. Finisher you jinxed it.