Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-14-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And then theres this:
Quote:
Sources say the Cowboys are in the final stages of negotiations with Brandon Carr and that a contract could be in place by the end of the day.

Carr is the team' primary free agent target. He flew in yesterday afternoon and visited with club officials at Cowboys Stadium. Negotiations began immediately and have continued into this afternoon. The two sides are believed to be discussing a five-year deal for Carr to replace Terence Newman in the Cowboys secondary.

Cortland Finnegan, Carlos Rogers and Eric Wright were considered the other top cornerbacks in this market. All three of have agreed to terms since free agency began yesterday afternoon.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
And then theres this:
Where is that from?

Edit: Kellen Davis update, tweet from a CBS11 reporter in Dallas:

Quote:
Just spotted TE Kellen Davis walking into imaging wing at valley ranch w cowboys trainer Jim Maurer. Can u say physical?

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-14-2012 at 01:44 PM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...e-to-deal.html
Old 03-14-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
We are about to sign Mackenzy Bernedeau of the Panthers. 6'4' 308 guard from the Panthers, 26 years old. 20 career starts in 4 years but has mostly been a back-up:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...45F3B2AC37B74B

Hmmm. Maybe trying to find the next Kosier. I just hope we still have enough money for Carr.

Josh Ellis just tweeted this:
Phew. This should spell end to the rumors of DeCastro at 14.

I hope this is true! I FREAKIN' LOVE Bernedeau! He could be a starter for us right now over Kosier! He's a bad ass nasty player! He's gonna add SWAG to our OL. He's a diamond in the rough.

Love Callahan's vision so far! Keep the unit young and they can grow together for a LONG time. Continuity is the most important thing for an OL. This pick up is what you call "real scouting". Genius-like. Low risk, High reward.

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-14-2012 at 01:53 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Anyone else excited about Dan Connor coming to visit? Everything we love about Sean Lee we would be getting with Connor, instincts, blue collar work ethic, tough as hell and doesn't miss tackles.

Love it, Linebacker U baby.
I'm glad they're looking at a veteran to help ease Carter into the system a bit. I'm betting they Carter start, or at least get half the snaps, but having someone on like Connor is a good way to keep guys fresh and have a solid veteran presence in case Carter isn't picking the game up fast enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Schefter just reported that Orton signed a 3yr deal with us. Very good news!!!
Good deal right there. Orton is a nice backup. I have faith in McGee, but Orton is a better option.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I'm glad they're looking at a veteran to help ease Carter into the system a bit. I'm betting they Carter start, or at least get half the snaps, but having someone on like Connor is a good way to keep guys fresh and have a solid veteran presence in case Carter isn't picking the game up fast enough.

Good deal right there. Orton is a nice backup. I have faith in McGee, but Orton is a better option.
I don't think Carter has a chance to start if we pick up Connor. Carter is on his way to being Jerry Jones' next big bust.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Phew. This should spell end to the rumors of DeCastro at 14.

I hope this is true! I FREAKIN' LOVE Bernedeau! He could be a starter for us right now over Kosier! He's a bad ass nasty player! He's gonna add SWAG to our OL. He's a diamond in the rough.

Love Callahan's vision so far! Keep the unit young and they can grow together for a LONG time. Continuity is the most important thing for an OL. This pick up is what you call "real scouting". Genius-like. Low risk, High reward.
How would that end DeCastro rumors?

Bernadeau is a career back-up who should provide quality depth and maybe develop if were lucky. Nothing more. If that keeps the team from drafting DeCastro then that is why this team will never win superbowls. It's about getting BETTER, not staying average.

DeCastro could be an all-pro guard. Besides, if we cut Kosier, Bernadeau can start for him, Arkin at center, then draft DeCastro for the other guard.

This signing should have NOTHING TO DO with picking DeCastro or not. That would be a terrible mistake and shows why this team doesn't win consistently.

BUILD ON STRENGTHS. Hope Garret knows this and will preach it to Jerry.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't think Carter has a chance to start if we pick up Connor. Carter is on his way to being Jerry Jones' next big bust.
You haven't even seen Carter play yet.

D-Unit, you make ridiculous assumptions with no substance behind them AT ALL.

Come on man. Both of your last two posts make no sense.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How would that end DeCastro rumors?

Bernadeau is a career back-up who should provide quality depth and maybe develop if were lucky. Nothing more. If that keeps the team from drafting DeCastro then that is why this team will never win superbowls. It's about getting BETTER, not staying average.

DeCastro could be an all-pro guard. Besides, if we cut Kosier, Bernadeau can start for him, Arkin at center, then draft DeCastro for the other guard.

This signing should have NOTHING TO DO with picking DeCastro or not. That would be a terrible mistake and shows why this team doesn't win consistently.

BUILD ON STRENGTHS. Hope Garret knows this and will preach it to Jerry.
I agree with you, we still should take DeCastro is he's high on our board.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You haven't even seen Carter play yet.

D-Unit, you make ridiculous assumptions with no substance behind them AT ALL.

Come on man. Both of your last two posts make no sense.
We don't need DeCastro. The sooner you get that through your head, the smarter you will become. You act like if he's not the pick, then this team has no chance of winning. Stop the panic attacks.

I'm sure Bruce Carter will be alright. I just wanted to irritate you.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We don't need DeCastro. The sooner you get that through your head, the smarter you will become. You act like if he's not the pick, then this team has no chance of winning. Stop the panic attacks.

I'm sure Bruce Carter will be alright. I just wanted to irritate you.
Touche.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

My MACK Truck officially signs! HONK! HONK!!!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...enzy-bernadeau
Old 03-14-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lawrence Vickers is in town.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whooooah. Pump the brakes. You don't sign low level FA's and cross top tier prospects off the board (even though you said you were joking)! :)

I like Bernadeau MUCH more than the normal retreads (Dockery/Holland) and I think he's still developing giving us some upside here.

I like Connor a lot and Lee credits him with really helping him along at PSU. His instincts are solid as is his run defense but lets not go overboard and name him the starter. He is not solid in coverage nor does he have anywhere near the range of Bruce Carter. Give Carter a chance to have one healthy off-season before crossing his name off! :D

<3 Davis. This is all. We'll have a blocking TE that can actually catch!

I LOVE the Orton signing as I mentioned earlier as we have a capable QB behind Romo just in case. McGee can continue working with the scout team.

Carr is widely expected to be signed in the next few hours. So this FA is starting off very well.

Bring it home now. Get everyone signed and go after Mike Adams so our secondary doesn't remember a sieve next season.

Quote:
I like him but not if he costs more than Fiammetta.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Huh? Good player... more FB than RB... but maybe the Boys want to cover both backup FB and short yardage runner? We sucked when Fiammetta went down. So if we add him, I can see the value.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Former Cowboys TE Martellus Bennett's deal with the New York Giants: 1 year, $2.5 million.
Damn. That's a good deal for the Giants. Smart for Bennett too as he has little long-term value until he proves he can catch the ball consistently (and mature).
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

How much you wanna bet that Carr gets more than Finnegan?
Old 03-14-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
How much you wanna bet that Carr gets more than Finnegan?
Why wouldn't he?
Old 03-14-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Damn. That's a good deal for the Giants. Smart for Bennett too as he has little long-term value until he proves he can catch the ball consistently (and mature).
BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

LET THE GIANTS HAVE THAT SCRUB!!! That's the best news of the day!!!

Only thing... Garrett might need to change the terminology of his entire offense with this signing. hahaha.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Why wouldn't he?
Because he's not worth it???
Old 03-14-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
Because he's not worth it???
That's arguable.
Is he worth 10+ million a year...probably not.
Is he worth more than Finnegan.....yes.
Younger....he's steadily improved every year. Good in man, physical, big CB. It'd be interesting to see what Rob can scheme up with him.

CB's/QB's/OLB's....premium dollar positions man.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That's arguable.
Is he worth more than Finnegan.....yes. Younger....he's steadily improved every year. Good in man, physical, big CB. It'd be interesting to see what Rob can scheme up with him.

Is he worth 10+ million a year...probably not.

CB's/QB's/OLB's....premium dollar positions man.
Wait.... I forgot we paid Newman $11M and Scandrick $7M last season. Nevermind. PAY THE MAN!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
ESPNDallas: Cowboys sign CB Brandon Carr to a 5-year, $50.1 million deal. Story to come at ESPN Dallas: http://t.co/Dfb0JyqR

Finally!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Tweet from Nick Eatman:

Quote:
Cowboys have agreed to terms with three players - QB Orton, G Bernadeau and FB Vickers - and getting close on CB Carr
Interesting that they liked Vickers over Fiammetta. I'm pretty satisfied with the 3 signings, land Carr and we are pretty much free to go BPA in the draft.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Finally!!!!!!!!!
Ahhhh. Finisher you don't need to go into exile!