Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-14-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah that starters money comment kinda tells me that Big Mack is gonna get the job at RG. I'm excited about that!

Kosier ain't that good, so if we can upgrade him then I'm all for it. I haven't followed Livings' career at all though. I'll have some fun research tonight. :)
I don't know much about Livings but Bengal fans don't seem to be too fond of him, he was the one getting destroyed by JJ Watt in the wildcard game.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You guys will change your mind on Brockers after his pro day on Mar 22.

Ratliff (and his short arms) at DE fulltime doesn't sound intriguing to me at all anymore. The way we use him now is fine.
probably the same day we will have to quit mocking him to us too haha :-(

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still worried about center. Wish we knew the plan.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I'm still worried about center. Wish we knew the plan.
I have a hunch we are looking at Zeitiler with our 2nd pick. We may have to move up for him a few picks.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I have a hunch we are looking at Zeitiler with our 2nd pick. We may have to move up for him a few picks.
That would be sweet.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 03-15-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
probably the same day we will have to quit mocking him to us too haha :-(
Dream Crusher! lol
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:21 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still not discounting Arkin starting at C for us. If JG had him working there solely he must see something other than a complete distrust in Costa.

This year's center crop is gross though. One elite prospect with major medical issues and then a bunch of mediocre prospects. Where's the Alex Mack slipping to our 2nd pick at? -_-

If we sign another guard I will stop mocking DeCastro though. Garrett has given our current guard prospects a vote of confidence previously but the idea of starting Nagy/Costa is not a comforting thought.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:44 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really understand the Livings visit. I think it's pointless. He has size, but he's turning 30 and has been average at best his whole career. Maybe Callahan sees something in him and thinks he can coach him up, but I don't know. If we sign him it would put a sour taste in my mouth after such a good free agency.

We already got our young developmental guy in Bernedeau. Livings just makes no sense to me. I'd much rather just pick one of DeCastro/Konz/Zeitler in the 1st two rounds.

Sign Brodney Pool, maybe look for one other bargain at ILB or TE, and get ready for the draft.

EDIT: By the way, if we sign Pool it better be to a one year deal. Next year I want to draft a safety in the first round. If we get our interior OL fixed up we shouldn't have that many needs next year. It's time we got a real safety.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-15-2012 at 07:51 AM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I don't really understand the Livings visit. I think it's pointless. He has size, but he's turning 30 and has been average at best his whole career. Maybe Callahan sees something in him and thinks he can coach him up, but I don't know. If we sign him it would put a sour taste in my mouth after such a good free agency.

We already got our young developmental guy in Bernedeau. Livings just makes no sense to me. I'd much rather just pick one of DeCastro/Konz/Zeitler in the 1st two rounds.

Sign Brodney Pool, maybe look for one other bargain at ILB or TE, and get ready for the draft.

EDIT: By the way, if we sign Pool it better be to a one year deal. Next year I want to draft a safety in the first round. If we get our interior OL fixed up we shouldn't have that many needs next year. It's time we got a real safety.
No. :P I don't want a rookie safety regardless of what round starting ever. That position is waaaay too cerebral and any mistakes hurt big-time. Remember Alan Ball?

If we sign Pool and we want him to start make it a 3 year deal minimum and give the team a chance to add continuity to the back-end. You can still draft your top end safety and give him a year to develop.

Starting rookies in difficult to adjust position makes my head spin. Sure it happens but for every solid adjustment there are 20 nightmare blown coverage scenarios.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I"m okay with Livings if were merely bringing him in as a back-up and releasing Kosier.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
No. :P I don't want a rookie safety regardless of what round starting ever. That position is waaaay too cerebral and any mistakes hurt big-time. Remember Alan Ball?

If we sign Pool and we want him to start make it a 3 year deal minimum and give the team a chance to add continuity to the back-end. You can still draft your top end safety and give him a year to develop.

Starting rookies in difficult to adjust position makes my head spin. Sure it happens but for every solid adjustment there are 20 nightmare blown coverage scenarios.
Alan Ball has no relevance. He was a 7th round CB.

Did you see what Eric Berry did with the Chiefs as a rookie? This team needs to get a legit safety. Sensabaugh is good enough at one spot. I'll take Brodney Pool for this year, but we need some stability there. This revolving door of stop gap veterans needs to end sooner or later.

I'm all for a first round safety next year if the value is right. It's time for it.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We still haven't addressed the reasons this team is continually disappointing year after year, we got beaten up by better teams at the line of scrimmage.

Nice that we upgraded depth at QB and possibly at OG, and Vickers is a nice signing. Carr will be a nice upgrade as well, but I've a feeling the 2012 Alan Ball will be Scandrick.

Here's hoping we go DL/OL in the draft, and build this team the right way for once.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:00 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
We still haven't addressed the reasons this team is continually disappointing year after year, we got beaten up by better teams at the line of scrimmage.

Nice that we upgraded depth at QB and possibly at OG, and Vickers is a nice signing. Carr will be a nice upgrade as well, but I've a feeling the 2012 Alan Ball will be Scandrick.

Here's hoping we go DL/OL in the draft, and build this team the right way for once.
CB was a NEED position for us and it was addressed. FA crop at DL is weak this year. We helped ourselves at Guard. I believe the writing is on the wall that we'll go DL in the draft.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

HA HA, Ogletree is visiting the Giants. Go ahead, sign that piece of crap.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear some guys just can't be happy....This is about one of the best Free Agency's I can remember in awhile...Everyone they signed or are bringing in are young with upside. There's just far too many holes to address in FA alone. The team needs an injection of talent everywhere except RB/QB/TE & WR. That's going to take time. There isn't a lot of talent to be had on the DL this year in FA. I can see us going pretty heavy in the trenches come draft time.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I swear some guys just can't be happy....This is about one of the best Free Agency's I can remember in awhile...Everyone they signed or are bringing in are young with upside. There's just far too many holes to address in FA alone. The team needs an injection of talent everywhere except RB/QB/TE & WR. That's going to take time. There isn't a lot of talent to be had on the DL this year in FA. I can see us going pretty heavy in the trenches come draft time.
As much as I want DeCastro, I feel we need to go DE in the 1st round and then go G in either 2 or 3. There's going to be some young talent there. But keep in mind that I think Garrett still believes in our current young IL. I could see us not addressing the IL at all in the draft and focusing almost solely on defense and a slot receiver.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Calvin Watkins ‏ @calvinwatkins

Brodney Pool has signed with the Cowboys according to Jason Garrett.
There we go. I can happily say I'm not scared anymore of having a touchdown lead with 3 minutes left on defense. Will be happier after the draft of course but at least we aren't fielding garbage on defense anymore.

Rob - let 'er rip. Bring the heat and lets see some attacking defense.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Brodney Pool has signed:

Quote:
Brodney Pool has signed, Jason Garrett confirms.
I feel like people around the league don't think he is that good, but he is definitely better in coverage than Elam. 6'2'' 215 pounds, was the 2nd pick of the 2nd round back in 2008. Maybe it's a find. I still would like to get a real safety in next years draft though.

I agree with leroyisgod, I think the best option at 14 is Cox at the moment, and then either hope Zeitler/Konz is there at 45 or maybe even trade up. I love DeCastro and would like him at 14, but I feel like we need to get better on the front 3. Let Coleman pack his bags.

I am surprised we have all this money. I hope our cap isn't ina terrible situation in the future. I know it's skyrocketing and I trust Stephen Jones but I don't get how we have the money to sign all of these guys, especially giving Carr 10 million a year and a 10 million penalty.

EDIT: Haha Trogdor, beat me by 10 seconds.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-15-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
There we go. I can happily say I'm not scared anymore of having a touchdown lead with 3 minutes left on defense. Will be happier after the draft of course but at least we aren't fielding garbage on defense anymore.

Rob - let 'er rip. Bring the heat and lets see some attacking defense.
Anyone see the amount of years or terms on that contract? Hopefully no more than 2 years. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but I'd rather a short term deal.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Tweet from Nick Eatman:

Quote:
OG Nate Livings is in the building meeting with coaches, FS Brodney Pool has signed and left - LB Dan Connor still in building; could sign
How the hell do we have all this money? I really don't want to sign Livings. I feel like that is just staying average along the OL. I'd rather use a 1st or 2nd round pick and get a guy who could become a quality starter.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Tweet from Nick Eatman:

How the hell do we have all this money? I really don't want to sign Livings. I feel like that is just staying average along the OL. I'd rather use a 1st or 2nd round pick and get a guy who could become a quality starter.
Who says they won't?

I think the thing to be pleased about is that they are trying to fill holes with reasonable options so that they don't go into the draft thinking we have to fill specific holes. That's how you make mistakes.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 03-15-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Tweet from Nick Eatman:

I honestly think it's a depth play. You cannot have all young players. You need some veterans in there too. And he's only 30.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally am loving this free agency so far. I think signing Connor should be a priority today and Livings would be a nice add if it is solely a situational and back up type role. Being from Cincy I have seen him look bad but also have seen him have a few really good games.

Edit: Anyone know if John Phillips has recovered from his injury? I think he is a viable #2 TE we just might need a #3 and that shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanted to congratulate you guys on signing Brandon Carr. He was one of my favorite Chiefs. He is a young and talented player. You won't be disappointed.

Good player, GREAT person, and a hard worker. The Chiefs will miss him.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cowboys | Kyle Kosier might move to center
Wed, 14 Mar 2012 19:57:08 -0700

The Dallas Cowboys might move OG Kyle Kosier (knee) to center in 2012 if they sign a free-agent or draft help at the offensive guard position. Kosier is recovering from a torn medial collateral ligament in the season finale.
WOW...that's pretty eye opening.....This goes completely against what I thought the Boys would do.

....I don't know....Kosiers long in the tooth, and I don't think he has anything left...but he'd be better than Costa...Right? Right? And handle that position for a year until Arkin or Kowalski can step in.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 03-15-2012 at 11:58 AM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote