Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-15-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
WOW...that's pretty eye opening.....This goes completely against what I thought the Boys would do. If it works out.....that's one less need for the next 2 years or so until Arkin or Kowalski can step in.
I'm just Luke warm on this. While I think he would be better than costa, there's no doubt his best days are behind him.

Wondering if they think they can squeeze one more year out of him and give arkin and/or kowalski another year to get stronger....

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Tweet from Nick Eatman:

How the hell do we have all this money? I really don't want to sign Livings. I feel like that is just staying average along the OL. I'd rather use a 1st or 2nd round pick and get a guy who could become a quality starter.
We're not average on the OL, especially interior. I'd say we're well below average. If I can get an average guy for cheap, I say that's a definite upgrade. Getting a decent starter at guard prevents us from HAVING to draft an OG this year.
dsc1600 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tweet from Josh Ellis:

Quote:
Jason Garrett says Mackenzy Bernadeau is quite a bit bigger than the 308 pounds he's listed. More in the 325-pound range.
Hmmm, interesting. I like the pick up a lot more now.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WOW...that's pretty eye opening.....This goes completely against what I thought the Boys would do.

....I don't know....Kosiers long in the tooth, and I don't think he has anything left...but he'd be better than Costa...Right? Right? And handle that position for a year until Arkin or Kowalski can step in.
Kosier is average, but Costa shouldn't have made the team last year let alone starting. It has to be an upgrade.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario got PAID- $50mi guaranteed

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pool got a one year deal. Just said it on Talkin' Cowboys. Perfect. Gotta give the team credit, this was almost as good as we could have hoped for.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-15-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

G Men are interested in Kevin Ogletree and bringing him in for a visit. Hmmmm. Maybe they want Alan Ball as well??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jo...medium=twitter

Money isn't a problem

Old 03-15-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With these signings I really do think they're trying to set themselves up to go BPA. The question is who they think the BPA is in their mind. We all know what the draftniks think, but Garrett could be thinking something else entirely different.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
With these signings I really do think they're trying to set themselves up to go BPA. The question is who they think the BPA is in their mind. We all know what the draftniks think, but Garrett could be thinking something else entirely different.
And that is a good thing we might be going BPA. As long as our scouting is spot on.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WOW...that's pretty eye opening.....This goes completely against what I thought the Boys would do.

....I don't know....Kosiers long in the tooth, and I don't think he has anything left...but he'd be better than Costa...Right? Right? And handle that position for a year until Arkin or Kowalski can step in.
Meh Koiser is a guy who has experience all over the OL. Plus he was taking snaps at center last year. I think they are just trying to get depth. Our starting center is a joke and Koiser would be able to backup multiple positions as well as start/spot start. I'll bet a lot of money Koiser isn't our opening day starter...but wouldn't be surprised to see him listed as our backup C or something if we don't land one on draft day.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Tweet from Nick Eatman:

Quote:
Cowboys on the verge of signing LB Dan Connor, a teammate of Sean Lee at PSU. Connor expected to be third LB and play many subpackages
Wow. So it appears Carter will still be the starter and he will rotate in. I'm surprised he didn't get better offers, but i'm more surprised that we have the money.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let them battle it out in TC before we start talking about who's going to start vs backup. Rob is going to get the best 11 on the field to play. Carter and Connor will probably see about 50% of defensive snaps each. That is good enough for me. Also makes the Kuechley pick not make a lot of sense here anymore...you can tell that the cowboys are invested into Carter.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

I hope it's no more than a two year deal. In fact, I hope it's a one year deal. Let Carter ease in for one more year, then let him take over full time in 2013.

If it is a short term deal I still would be all for drafting a middle linebacker in the middle rounds to compete with Orie Lemon and just to get another athlete in our system.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Tweet from Dez:

Quote:
Damn I can't wait until the season start... I miss our stadium rocking
AHHHHH I CAN'T WAIT EITHER!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I just wanted to congratulate you guys on signing Brandon Carr. He was one of my favorite Chiefs. He is a young and talented player. You won't be disappointed.

Good player, GREAT person, and a hard worker. The Chiefs will miss him.
Thanks vidae, I hope he delivers.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Tweet from Dez:

AHHHHH I CAN'T WAIT EITHER!
I saw that too and tweeted back at him. no response

Old 03-15-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope it's no more than a two year deal. In fact, I hope it's a one year deal. Let Carter ease in for one more year, then let him take over full time in 2013.

If it is a short term deal I still would be all for drafting a middle linebacker in the middle rounds to compete with Orie Lemon and just to get another athlete in our system.
SJ has done an awesome job of peppering depth through out the team... Even with the addition of Carr, Pool, and possibly Connor I wouldn't rule out guys like Kuechly and Kirkpatrick. It may seem like overkill at ILB but Kuechly is my favorite next to Poe at #14.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
SJ has done an awesome job of peppering depth through out the team... Even with the addition of Carr, Pool, and possibly Connor I wouldn't rule out guys like Kuechly and Kirkpatrick. It may seem like overkill at ILB but Kuechly is my favorite next to Poe at #14.
While I love Kuechly, that is just not going to happen if we sign Connor. Can't spend a top 15 pick at ILB when we already have Lee, Carter, and Connor. That just isn't happening.

I doubt they take a CB there either. I think the best option at CB is 3rd round. Get a guy who will be a great #4 and can develop in case we lose Jenkins to free agency next year.

I know we have the ability to go BPA now for the most part, but I think the first rounder should either be DeCastro, DL, or a trade down. I think the one thing we can do to improve our team the most is to get a defensive lineman who can actually get after the QB besides Ratliff. It's the one thing we really don't have.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been a long time since we've had an offseason like this.

I'm in love with the directions we have gone and am surprised as well about the money we've had available. Stephen Jones is really starting to make his mark as a cap guru and wise spender.

The Brandon Carr signing fulfilled my biggest hope of the offseason. Everything else has been icing on the cake. ...and it's been VERY sweet icing at that!

Brodney Pool for 1 year is awesome. This will be his 3rd straight season in a Ryan twins' defense. Plus, there's no long term commitment there. I agree with those who aren't sky high about his abilities and disagree with those who think our safety problems will be completely erased. He's your typical average NFL player. But there is an upgrade over Elam as PFF ranked Pool the 30th best Safety compared to Elam as the 55th best. Apparently we tried to get him last year, so good on them for getting their target. PFF rated Sensy at the 29th best Safety btw.

As I said before, I'm totally excited about the potential of Big Mack Bernadeau! He's young, has low mileage, but has the makings of being a breakout player. PFF rated him really high. 21st in their overall ratings, which is surprisingly nice to discover! Ahead of many other familiar names like Logan Mankins, Davin Joseph... our very own Kyle Kosier was ranked 97th on that list btw. Montrae Holland was our best finishing in at #16.

Don't ask me why we're interested in Nate Livings... He was ranked 113, below Bill Nagy even! eeewe.... might take a miracle to turn him into something useful.

Vickers is exciting! Love his smash mouth mentality that will add real toughness to our offensive unit. The job he did in paving the way for Foster and Tate in Houston gives me great hopes for the promise of our future in regards to the running game.

If we can wrap up Connor, that will be a bigger deal than I initally imagined. The more I thought about it, the more I got excited. We often hear about Garrett's impressions of the way the Patriots are run and this kind of addition sounds exactly what they would do. I could easily see Lee, Connor and Carter on the Pats defense and doing major damage, so for us to have that kind of unit, the sound of it really excites me. I hope he signs today! That kind of vet is exactly what we need.

Kyle Orton??? Not a fancy name, but he's shown legit ability to run a team and not kill them, so I'm all good with the signing. The Cowboys have pushed all the right buttons it seems and their plan of attack has been nothing short of marvelous.

...except Livings... I hope he doesn't sign. lol.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Sounds like Connor to Dallas is a done deal. Woot Woot!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It's been a long time since we've had an offseason like this.

I'm in love with the directions we have gone and am surprised as well about the money we've had available. Stephen Jones is really starting to make his mark as a cap guru and wise spender.

The Brandon Carr signing fulfilled my biggest hope of the offseason. Everything else has been icing on the cake. ...and it's been VERY sweet icing at that!

Brodney Pool for 1 year is awesome. This will be his 3rd straight season in a Ryan twins' defense. Plus, there's no long term commitment there. I agree with those who aren't sky high about his abilities and disagree with those who think our safety problems will be completely erased. He's your typical average NFL player. But there is an upgrade over Elam as PFF ranked Pool the 30th best Safety compared to Elam as the 55th best. Apparently we tried to get him last year, so good on them for getting their target. PFF rated Sensy at the 29th best Safety btw.

As I said before, I'm totally excited about the potential of Big Mack Bernadeau! He's young, has low mileage, but has the makings of being a breakout player. PFF rated him really high. 21st in their overall ratings, which is surprisingly nice to discover! Ahead of many other familiar names like Logan Mankins, Davin Joseph... our very own Kyle Kosier was ranked 97th on that list btw. Montrae Holland was our best finishing in at #16.

Don't ask me why we're interested in Nate Livings... He was ranked 113, below Bill Nagy even! eeewe.... might take a miracle to turn him into something useful.

Vickers is exciting! Love his smash mouth mentality that will add real toughness to our offensive unit. The job he did in paving the way for Foster and Tate in Houston gives me great hopes for the promise of our future in regards to the running game.

If we can wrap up Connor, that will be a bigger deal than I initally imagined. The more I thought about it, the more I got excited. We often hear about Garrett's impressions of the way the Patriots are run and this kind of addition sounds exactly what they would do. I could easily see Lee, Connor and Carter on the Pats defense and doing major damage, so for us to have that kind of unit, the sound of it really excites me. I hope he signs today! That kind of vet is exactly what we need.

Kyle Orton??? Not a fancy name, but he's shown legit ability to run a team and not kill them, so I'm all good with the signing. The Cowboys have pushed all the right buttons it seems and their plan of attack has been nothing short of marvelous.

...except Livings... I hope he doesn't sign. lol.
I was going to post a write up of our signings but this is pretty much exactly how I feel. Nice post D-Unit.

We got our marquee guy in Carr at the position we need the most, a young interior OL who can develop with Bernedeau, a stop gap safety who can actually cover with Pool, an upgrade at fullback which I didn't even think was possible because I loved Fiametta in Vickers who seems like an angry beast, and probably now the best back-up QB in the league in Orton who could hold down the fort if Romo were to go down for 2-4 games. The guy can definitely move the ball down the field, and he's never had weapons like he will have here if Romo gets hurt.

Add Dan Connor to that and we pretty much addressed everything. Get a mid round TE and that covers almost every immediate need. As for Livings, yeah ewww. I don't get that at all. He sucks.

Anyway, all in all so far no worse than an A.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Getting Connor is an exciting pickup. He and Carr should make a real difference in the back 7. Not sold on Pool being anything more than a JAG, but this free agency has made it easier to go into the draft to pick the BPA.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...-anywhere-else

I like Brandon Carr more and more each day

Old 03-15-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

What you have in Lee and Connor are two guys from Linebacker U. And and Linebacker U we know how to wrap up and tackle. You won't see many missed tackles out of these cats. Get it Lions, cats.

While I think Carter will be the starter, Connor will get some good reps and contribute.