Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-18-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Konz is a beast. If we didn't waste money on Baas I'd desperately want Konz to be a Giant.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Came across this today.

#94 is Cox. What a monster he looked like against alabama...I watch him on tape here then I go watch a guy like Mercilus....put on the tape and you see Mercilus is very disipline to his assignment but very rarely does he disrupt plays in the backfield.

I watched Mercilus in the Wisconsin game over again and I saw a player you draft for his body and potential not because of his tape. I think Mercilus might be a dark horse for us given that his pro day showed some lateral agility and ability to move well in space but I don't see anything that flashes dominance. Didn't see him take over a game against top competition he just seems to be a player you can win with that might give you a play a game. I want more than that in my pass rush...we have enough of those guys on the defense right now.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys get a chance, read this:

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/...dditional-look

It's an in-depth analysis of Livings. There is too much information to quote so you will have to click the link to read it. A Bengals reporter thinks that they misused him and he has the ability to be a good player. It also reiterates that Bernedeau only got quality back-up money so we could still draft DeCastro.

I will trust that Garrett and Callahan saw this on tape and believe they can use him the right way and get the most out of him.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post

It's an in-depth analysis of Livings. There is too much information to quote so you will have to click the link to read it. A Bengals reporter thinks that they misused him and he has the ability to be a good player. It also reiterates that Bernedeau only got quality back-up money so we could still draft DeCastro.

I will trust that Garrett and Callahan saw this on tape and believe they can use him the right way and get the most out of him.
Yep Livings is a power guy who was forced to play as the plugging guard. Gross. As I said repeatedly if you think that Livings+Bernedeau means we cross DeCastro off our board you're nuts. :)

Our offensive line will be better this year how much so is the question.

@Thule: He's my favorite 5-tech in this draft. <3
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought I read that bernedeau has played center.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just reading a few lists of free agents still on the market, and I think there are still a few guys that can helps us.

Antonio Garay, Tracy Porter, O.J. Otagwe, Cedric Benson, Reggie Nelson, Sean Rogers, Joel Dreessen, Mike Tolbert, Benjarvus Green-Ellis, Aaron Ross, and Phillip Wheeler are all guys who appeal to me.

The longer they sit out on the market the cheaper they get. I would be all for giving one or two of those guys a cheap, Brodney Pool type contract with nothing guaranteed and bring them to training camp. If they play like they have on their former teams it's an upgrade for us, if they suck in training camp and can't play cut them at no cost because the contract has no guaranteed money.

A few guys make sense. We don't have a 4th CB, Ross or Porter would be a decent pick-up. Trade Felix now and sign Green-Ellis/Benson/Tolbert to be the lunch pail guy behind DeMarco, Dreessen would be a steady back up TE, Garay could be a pass rusher on the inside if he regains his form, Phillip Wheeler is a linebacker with great athleticism who could help the speed on defense and special teams, etc. I know they probably want more money and to go to a place with more potential playing time, but if we are the only ones making an offer they have to take it.

Just some players to think about. I doubt we sign any of them, as the organization is probably content besides maybe one more bargain signing before the draft, but I wouldn't mind any of those guys on a cheap veteran deal on bit.

EDIT: Looks like we're interested in bringing back Erik Walden:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...to-the-cowboys

Bring him to camp and see what he can do I guess.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-19-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Came across this today.

#94 is Cox. What a monster he looked like against alabama...I watch him on tape here then I go watch a guy like Mercilus....put on the tape and you see Mercilus is very disipline to his assignment but very rarely does he disrupt plays in the backfield.

I watched Mercilus in the Wisconsin game over again and I saw a player you draft for his body and potential not because of his tape. I think Mercilus might be a dark horse for us given that his pro day showed some lateral agility and ability to move well in space but I don't see anything that flashes dominance. Didn't see him take over a game against top competition he just seems to be a player you can win with that might give you a play a game. I want more than that in my pass rush...we have enough of those guys on the defense right now.
Watching that... Richardson is the guy that stands out as a monster to me. LOL. Beast.

I only watched the first 4 min, but Cox was somewhere between ok and good, I think. I didn't see the monster performance, but that's just me. Comparing him to Mercilus is hard to do because they play different positions and definitely would in the NFL.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Yep Livings is a power guy who was forced to play as the plugging guard. Gross. As I said repeatedly if you think that Livings+Bernedeau means we cross DeCastro off our board you're nuts. :)

Our offensive line will be better this year how much so is the question.

@Thule: He's my favorite 5-tech in this draft. <3
It's not that the talent of Livings and Bernadeau that makes DeCastro a slim factor... It's the money we gave them. Livings on average makes $4M a year. If his contract is easily cuttable, maybe I'd think differently... but that them there is some starters money. $6M guarantee ain't nothing to scoff at.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I thought I read that bernedeau has played center.
Whoa wut?

I'm pretty sure he'll be our starting RG on opening day.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Konz is the #1 rated C because of his size and tape. I've heard him called a ball of clay....hard to find centers with that size now a days.
Sounds too much like a project. ...which he is. I like his upside, but he's not where you want your 1st round pick (when used on a Center) to be at. If you use a 1st rounder on C... he should be plug 'n play ready. Konz needs a lot of work. He was surrounded by studs on that OL, so it's hard for me to give his "tape" as much credit as most do.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Konz is a beast. If we didn't waste money on Baas I'd desperately want Konz to be a Giant.
Pick 32 is a good value for Konz, so I can see where you're coming from. Baas can play OG too, so if you really thought highly of Konz, I wouldn't say Baas is the reason to not pick him.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It's not that the talent of Livings and Bernadeau that makes DeCastro a slim factor... It's the money we gave them. Livings on average makes $4M a year. If his contract is easily cuttable, maybe I'd think differently... but that them there is some starters money. $6M guarantee ain't nothing to scoff at.
read this article above an in-depth analysis of the bernadueu and livings signings, they are actually only going to pay about $3.8-4.3 million combined that counts on the salary cap this year, which not necessarily u huge commitment
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:45 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
read this article above an in-depth analysis of the bernadueu and livings signings, they are actually only going to pay about $3.8-4.3 million combined that counts on the salary cap this year, which not necessarily u huge commitment
That's not franchise tag caliber starters, that's for sure, but they are most definitely within starters money when compared around the league and to our team. I mean they do have the 11th and 14th highest contracts on the team after all.

I think Cowboys fans are kidding themselves if they think Livings isn't going to start at LG and unless someone really outshines him in practice/preseason, then Bernadeau is gonna start too. He's got a MAJOR leg up right now.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

We are reportedly interested in Jarrett Bush:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...n-jarrett-bush

It's kind of out of left field, but definitely an upgrade over Alan Ball as the #4 CB. I guess they don't want to have to spend a draft pick at CB. I'd still pick one in the 4th and let him compete with Mario Butler.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's not franchise tag caliber starters, that's for sure, but they are most definitely within starters money when compared around the league and to our team. I mean they do have the 11th and 14th highest contracts on the team after all.

I think Cowboys fans are kidding themselves if they think Livings isn't going to start at LG and unless someone really outshines him in practice/preseason, then Bernadeau is gonna start too. He's got a MAJOR leg up right now.
livings will probably start on the right side b/c he's a power guy, but its not like the cowboys are tied to these financially like roy williams, most of the the money signing bonus, so it just jerry's money (and its not like he has a shortage of it and not counting on the cap) these guysare in here to create competition amongst the younger guys, and its not like it will prevent them from getting decastro or anybody else in the draft if they really want them

you don't need superstar guards to have a great o-line, you need tackles and a center, average guards will do, i have no problem with these moves, they wont set the world on fire but they'll probably be better than what they had last year, solid and steady is what they need at that spot.... for now

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 03-19-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
We are reportedly interested in Jarrett Bush:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...n-jarrett-bush

It's kind of out of left field, but definitely an upgrade over Alan Ball as the #4 CB. I guess they don't want to have to spend a draft pick at CB. I'd still pick one in the 4th and let him compete with Mario Butler.
my grandma is an upgrade over alan "can't play" ball
Old 03-19-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blah they just signed the newest deals on the team. Inflation is pretty high this year...3-4 million might be the price to give us the needed depth to make it through the season...last season we did the same thing with Dockery and Holland. We just got younger so we signed them to more years...

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

Quote:
my grandma is an upgrade over alan "can't play" ball
I think we could've grabbed a bum off the street, threw some pads on him, tied his hands behind his back, and duct taped a 5 gallon bucket to his helmet and he would've had more INTS than Ball.
primetime217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Bush as our 4th CB, but still draft someone in the top 4 rounds.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
livings will probably start on the right side b/c he's a power guy, but its not like the cowboys are tied to these financially like roy williams, most of the the money signing bonus, so it just jerry's money (and its not like he has a shortage of it and not counting on the cap) these guysare in here to create competition amongst the younger guys, and its not like it will prevent them from getting decastro or anybody else in the draft if they really want them

you don't need superstar guards to have a great o-line, you need tackles and a center, average guards will do, i have no problem with these moves, they wont set the world on fire but they'll probably be better than what they had last year, solid and steady is what they need at that spot.... for now
The Cowboys are not tied to them long term...yes, I agree... however, so long as they ARE paying them, they ARE paying them starter money. People like to say they aren't, and but they are.

I cannot think it's logical for us to believe that we will still target DeCastro at 14. Earliest I think we would address OL is in a trade down to the later part of Round 1 or Round 2. But at 14, there's no way I think we draft DeCastro after these signings. I'm not saying I'm right, but that's what I think.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Cowboys are not tied to them long term...yes, I agree... however, so long as they ARE paying them, they ARE paying them starter money. People like to say they aren't, and but they are.

I cannot think it's logical for us to believe that we will still target DeCastro at 14. Earliest I think we would address OL is in a trade down to the later part of Round 1 or Round 2. But at 14, there's no way I think we draft DeCastro after these signings. I'm not saying I'm right, but that's what I think.
I do not see OL targeted at #14 after all the signings. If we do not go DL or OLB I'd be highly surprised.

Kind of some crazy thinking here, but is there any chance that we target a WR at 14?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm not so sure. I did get confirmation from Sturm that Bernedeau has played some C. I would not be shocked if the interior OL to start the season is Livings, Bernedeau and DeCastro.

Now, what I think is more significant is that I think these signings signal something else. Norm mentioned it this morning and I think he's right. I think the Cowboys think DeCastro will be gone by the time 14 rolls around. In that case, I think they wanted to at least have a reasonable option at guard incase they miss out on DeCastro.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I'm not so sure. I did get confirmation from Sturm that Bernedeau has played some C. I would not be shocked if the interior OL to start the season is Livings, Bernedeau and DeCastro.

Now, what I think is more significant is that I think these signings signal something else. Norm mentioned it this morning and I think he's right. I think the Cowboys think DeCastro will be gone by the time 14 rolls around. In that case, I think they wanted to at least have a reasonable option at guard incase they miss out on DeCastro.
If the plan for Mack B is Center then I think OG does open up again on the draft boards. Obviously, it's hard to tell what Garrett's real intentions are for him, but yeah... that is one scenario that changes the need priority for OG. I'm really excited about Bernadeau and hope he rises to the opportunity that stands in front of him. He's been rated pretty highly in the limited amount of snaps that he's gotten and is a prime breakout candidate who could be a real FA gem/find.

Not as hopeful on Livings, so I think Callahan is going to have to be a miracle worker with him. One thing about Livings is that I hear he was used the wrong way in Cincy??? What do they mean by that?
Old 03-19-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I do not see OL targeted at #14 after all the signings. If we do not go DL or OLB I'd be highly surprised.

Kind of some crazy thinking here, but is there any chance that we target a WR at 14?
It's highly unlikely, with so many needs on D it's hard to justify a WR this high. However, Kendall Wright would look great in the slot here. Imagine that offense: Romo spreading it around to Dez, Miles, and Wright, Witten. Running the ball with Murray. Thats just scary. By all means I do not see this happening, but hey a guy can dream right?
primetime217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Here is the breakdown of Livings' contract:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...ntract-details

Quote:
IRVING, Texas – The five-year contract signed by Nate Livings last week does not void and the newly signed guard will count $1.7 million against the 2012 salary cap.

Livings’ five-year deal totals $18.75 million and included a $3.5 million signing bonus. The guaranteed money is $6.2 million.

Livngs, who turned 30 last Friday and started 32 straight games the last two years in Cincinnati, will receive base salaries of $1 million (2012), $1.7 million (2013), $3.4 million (2013), $4.4 million (2014) and $4.75 million (2015).

The Cowboys’ eight signings of Brandon Carr, Kyle Orton, Mackenzy Bernadeau, Lawrence Vickers, Brodney Pool, Dan Connor, Livings and Kevin Ogletree total $13.5 million in salary-cap space for 2012.
That really isn't that expensive at all, especially in the first 2 years. I still think the organization should give DeCastro a hard look. I trust Callahan to get the most out of these guys, but they could still just end up being JAG's. They'll probably be better than Nagy, Holland, or Dockery and even Kosier at this point in his career, but if they end up being JAG's and DeCastro becomes a perennial all pro it will be a decision we regret.

To leroyisgod, posted this in draft thread not this one by accident:

As for taking a WR at 14, hell no. That would just be dumb. We already have 2 pro-bowl caliber guys, and you can win a super bowl with anyone at WR. As long as you have a QB wide receivers aren't that important. Look at what Brady has done his entire career besides that one super season with Randy Moss. Don't get me wrong great WR's are definitely an asset, but picking one in the top 15 with our current roster is just dumb.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-19-2012 at 04:11 PM.