Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-25-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Witten is on his last legs though. The guy is so slow now. Still a great player, he just finds ways to get open but you still should think of a future replacement.

Maybe not Fleener, but a guy later in the draft wouldn't be a terrible idea.
I wanted to trade him and was called crazy. Now he is washed up and old. Go figure.

BTW, I thought Martellus the Beast Bennett was going to blow up da joint he was so great and worth everything we gave up for him ......
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
they thought barber would be a #1 rb, that could tote the load, but that wasn't the case, that's one of those hindsight is 20/20, everybody here thought barber was a #1, nobody was up in arms about giving him the money, there was alot of excitement about him finally takin over that the lead spot from julius jones but it didn't work out
Not true, I was.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Not true, I was.
then you were in 10% LOL
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
I wanted to trade him and was called crazy. Now he is washed up and old. Go figure.

BTW, I thought Martellus the Beast Bennett was going to blow up da joint he was so great and worth everything we gave up for him ......
942 yards, 5 td, and a 12 ypc average is washed up? He may not be running by guys but he certainly isn't ineffective moving the chains, not to mention he is an asset blocking.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a moot point, he's retired.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, there are some people on here that will criticize until the day they die. We could win the next 3 Super Bowls and they'll be on here questioning why we still have a 4th receiver on our team without speed or unhappy with our backup QB or ANYTHING else that they can b*tch about. We just had one of our most active free agencys EVER and all they can talk about is negative BS (or what he perceives to be negative) Its really sad that "your team" can do no right and all you can focus on is negative (RANT)

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did some scouting on Carr, and I must say, I may have underrated him a bit.

He's big, long and fast, and he's great at jamming guys and running down the sideline with them. He doesn't get beat deep often, he's big so he can handle big strong WRs, he understands zone concepts well and can play off and press coverage.

The only issue I see with him is he's susceptible to inside routes. What I mean by that is square ins, quick slants, etc. His hips are a little stiff and it's hard for him to defend those inside routes with his size. But if you leave him as a outside CB who just redirects inside routes, I think he's going to be everything you hoped for.

He's built to defend Hakeem Nicks. That's going to be one hell of a battle I'm looking forward to watching. Seeing those 2 at the LOS in press man is going to be awesome. It's going to be a great matchup.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He's big, long and fast, and he's great at jamming guys and running down the sideline with them. He doesn't get beat deep often, he's big so he can handle big strong WRs, he understands zone concepts well and can play off and press coverage.

The only issue I see with him is he's susceptible to inside routes. What I mean by that is square ins, quick slants, etc. His hips are a little stiff and it's hard for him to defend those inside routes with his size. But if you leave him as a outside CB who just redirects inside routes, I think he's going to be everything you hoped for.

He's built to defend Hakeem Nicks. That's going to be one hell of a battle I'm looking forward to watching. Seeing those 2 at the LOS in press man is going to be awesome. It's going to be a great matchup.
Thanks for the evaluation, your opinion is always valued BBD and I couldn't really find much tape on Carr.

The only thing that matters is that he's a significant upgrade over Newman at this point in their respective careers. $50 million isn't ridiculous money in today's world for a good starting corner, so it's not even overpaying that much. He's 26 years old, big and fast, and he can play too. Like you just noticed he had his hype for a reason. My only question is why didn't the Chiefs just re-sign him with all their 60 million in cap space? Who cares if you signed Stanford Routt, you need more that 2 good corners in today's NFL. Oh well, their loss is our gain.

I always here people talking about this player or that player being to expensive.... well at the end of the day the idea is to win football games. If all you want to do is spend the veteran minimum on JAGs then your going to be an 8-8 football team at best who misses the playoffs. We needed to get better at CB and we spent the money to do so. I'm just so glad it wasn't Cortland Finnegan!

All we can do now is hope he lives up to the billing. Getting him some serious pass rush help in the draft wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-26-2012 at 03:31 PM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's cool of you to share/do. Which games did you watch?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's cool of you to share/do. Which games did you watch?
Houston/KC last year, GB/KC this year, and KC/SD this year.

Most of the catches he gave up were on in routes. Did a great job defending the deep ball and the sidelines, did a great job in the run game, he's a top notch sideline CB.

In a press zone blitz scheme, he's perfect. In a man coverage scheme, he's very good but he needs some zone help on those inside routes.

Against our choice route offense, I can see us running a lot of inside releases on him to try to expose that, but we won't get much on the outside vs him. As long as you can redirect guys in the middle and have some zone defenders in there Carr is going to be a stud.

If Ryan puts him on an island with lots of space on either side of him he can be had every now and then, so Ryan has to scheme it up to maximize his talent.

But he's a very good player. Very good pickup, I like him a lot.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Most of the catches he gave up were on in routes. Did a great job defending the deep ball and the sidelines, did a great job in the run game, he's a top notch sideline CB.

In a press zone blitz scheme, he's perfect. In a man coverage scheme, he's very good but he needs some zone help on those inside routes.

Against our choice route offense, I can see us running a lot of inside releases on him to try to expose that, but we won't get much on the outside vs him. As long as you can redirect guys in the middle and have some zone defenders in there Carr is going to be a stud.

If Ryan puts him on an island with lots of space on either side of him he can be had every now and then, so Ryan has to scheme it up to maximize his talent.

And that is when Bruce Carter is right there in the deep middle waiting to pick the ball off. Or he could just annihilate Victor Cruz.. either one works for me.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 03-26-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Mucho Excellente! *I don't know if that's Spanish, but I felt like it was appropriate. lol*

Always a treat when we get to feast upon the words of BBD breaking down games! :)
Old 03-26-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Mucho Excellente! *I don't know if that's Spanish, but I felt like it was appropriate. lol*

Always a treat when we get to feast upon the words of BBD breaking down games! :)
It would be muy not mucho. lol
Old 03-26-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

I miss breaking down games. I used to do it a lot more, but I don't get paid to do it so I don't do it unless I'm really bored these days lol.

I still haven't made that wide 9 thread I promised in 2010. It would take too long to do the right way, and I need to make pictures of the alignments but whatevs. I'm probably one of the few guys on this forum that likes the wide 9, that's why I really wanted to make a thread on it bc I think there's a lot of confusion about a proper wide 9 scheme on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Hopefully Bruce Carter is right there in the deep middle waiting to pick the ball off. Or he could just annihilate Victor Cruz.. either one works for me.
That's why getting production out of that 3rd WR is going to be so critical for our offense moving forward. You can take away Cruz and Nicks with the right coverages. If we can't run on 6-7 man fronts and can't get production out of that 3rd WR we can be neutralized.

But if we get the ground game going again or get production out of a 3rd WR then we'll be very difficult to defend. We'll see how it plays out.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Thanks for the evaluation, your opinion is always valued BBD and I couldn't really find much tape on Carr.

The only thing that matters is that he's a significant upgrade over Newman at this point in their respective careers. $50 million isn't ridiculous money in today's world for a good starting corner, so it's not even overpaying that much. He's 26 years old, big and fast, and he can play too. Like you just noticed he had his hype for a reason. My only question is why didn't the Chiefs just re-sign him with all their 60 million in cap space? Who cares if you signed Stanford Routt, you need more that 2 good corners in today's NFL. Oh well, their loss is our gain.

I always here people talking about this player or that player being to expensive.... well at the end of the day the idea is to win football games. If all you want to do is spend the veteran minimum on JAGs then your going to be an 8-8 football team at best who misses the playoffs. We needed to get better at CB and we spent the money to do so. I'm just so glad it wasn't Cortland Finnegan!

All we can do now is hope he lives up to the billing. Getting him some serious pass rush help in the draft wouldn't hurt either.
Any time. To clarify, I did not have "tape" of Carr. I didn't have an all 22 film of the games.

It was just DVR'd games and I tried my best using the TV angle. So I didn't get to see the later end of some longer developing routes, but generally, if a guy gets open he gets open on 1.5 missippi anyway so you can still do a decent job studying a guy on the TV angle if you have to.

I'm not saying it's the best way to evaluate, but you work with what you got.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That's why getting production out of that 3rd WR is going to be so critical for our offense moving forward. You can take away Cruz and Nicks with the right coverages. If we can't run on 6-7 man fronts and can't get production out of that 3rd WR we can be neutralized.

But if we get the ground game going again or get production out of a 3rd WR then we'll be very difficult to defend. We'll see how it plays out.
I've been keeping my eye on Brandon Boykins all year long and if somehow, he ends up being a Cowboy, I think that he is the kind of guy who can neutralize the impact of opposing #3 WRs. Luckily this draft is deep at CB. There are several that I'm very fond of.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've been keeping my eye on Brandon Boykins all year long and if somehow, he ends up being a Cowboy, I think that he is the kind of guy who can neutralize the impact of opposing #3 WRs. Luckily this draft is deep at CB. There are several that I'm very fond of.
So does that mean Scandrik would lose this job as slot CB? I'd be curious to see how we would tackle having Boykin and Scandrik.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
In today's NFL, you have to have 3 good CBs to be a good defense. It's a must. Unless you have a sick LB core that can cover a lot of ground like the 49ers or Bears.

I think you're good with Jenkins as a 2 and Scandrick as a 3. That suits both of those guys better. Scandrick is a slot guy, Jenkins is a solid #2.

They just need to stay healthy.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
So does that mean Scandrik would lose this job as slot CB? I'd be curious to see how we would tackle having Boykin and Scandrik.
I've said many times in the past, but I like Scandrick better on the outside than in the slot. I still see plenty of opportunity for him to see the field in that capacity as a #3 outside CB. He plays the pass well with his back to the QB, he plays smart by getting his head turned around at the right time and can usually keep up stride to stride with them downfield. He tends to be an overachiever defending jump balls against taller WRs, but he has his fair share of misses there too.

My main issues with him are watching slot receivers gain separation from him by making sharp cuts across the field. He's totally useless in that regard because he doesn't play them tough off the LOS and he doesn't have the quickness/agility to keep up or length to extend. It doesn't take a genius to know that Scandrick routinely gets beat when he plays inside. So much so that we had Newman in there!

Plenty of snaps available for him at a #3 outside CB, especially if we try to keep our guys legs fresh. But there's no question in my mind that we need to find a good nickel cb. Boykin and Hosley are at the top of my list there.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I've said many times in the past, but I like Scandrick better on the outside than in the slot. I still see plenty of opportunity for him to see the field in that capacity as a #3 outside CB. He plays the pass well with his back to the QB, he plays smart by getting his head turned around at the right time and can usually keep up stride to stride with them downfield. He tends to be an overachiever defending jump balls against taller WRs, but he has his fair share of misses there too.

My main issues with him are watching slot receivers gain separation from him by making sharp cuts across the field. He's totally useless in that regard because he doesn't play them tough off the LOS and he doesn't have the quickness/agility to keep up or length to extend. It doesn't take a genius to know that Scandrick routinely gets beat when he plays inside. So much so that we had Newman in there!

Plenty of snaps available for him at a #3 outside CB, especially if we try to keep our guys legs fresh. But there's no question in my mind that we need to find a good nickel cb. Boykin and Hosley are at the top of my list there.
Every slot CB gets beat. It's the hardest position in sports with today's NFL passing game.

Scandrick is not going to be the #3 outside CB with the money he got. He is our slot and that is where he belongs. You can say all you want about the guy, but he did shut down Wes Welker when Welker was on a not human tear in the beginning of the season.

Also, Scandrick is a great quick twitch athlete. I don't know where he got that assumption. His shuttle times are outstanding and he is also great at basketball. You can just tell with your own eyes the guy is as quick as a cat. He also has pretty long arms.

People hate Scandrick too much. He's like Spencer. You don't know what you've got till it's gone. I don't give a crap what the PFF rankings say, the guy is a good slot CB. He also has an attitude and swagger that is desperately needed throughout this team.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

he's better in the slot than outside where he would matched up with bigger recievers
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Listening to Kubiak talk about Vickers makes me love the signing more and more. Dude is a beast. Spread that swagger baby!

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...CEF87B941557B9
Old 03-27-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good article on Cox

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/03...2&feedID=10194

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Couldn't agree more with this assessment.

Quote:
When you watch all of the defensive line prospects year after year, you quickly are able to eliminate players who do not seem to back up their workouts with game tape. For instance, it is great to hear you can bench press 225 lbs. 25 or 30 times, but how come you don't look that strong on the field when you are playing? Your quickness is intriguing, but where was it when your team needed it last fall?

That is not the problem with Fletcher Cox. I think of all of the defensive line prospects in this draft, Cox's game film is the most impressive. He demands double teams, and he often splits them. He is a destructive force against the run, seldom being pushed back, but often working his way into the backfield. He beats most single-team match-ups. He anchors well against the run and yet gets to the quarterback with sacks and pressures. 5.5 sacks may not sound like much, but if you watch him on film, there are plenty of plays where he is running at the QB and forcing him into the waiting arms of a team-mate.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
he's better in the slot than outside where he would matched up with bigger recievers
Scandrick is a guy you play according to match ups. Not every WR is a big WR. He shouldn't be put on the big WRs... that should be Carr or Jenkins. But there's still plenty of opportunity to see the field against WRs who don't pose a huge size difference.

I cringe with Scandrick in the slot. I don't want to hear none of this, "He shutdown Wes Welker" crap. Sounds like the folks who used to say Bobby Carpenter is great after his performance against Seattle in the playoffs. One game don't make a player, and it was alarmingly clear that Brady's main targets were his TEs this year.