Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-17-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Things mos def get tougher after the bye wk. Can't afford any September injuries.

Only one outdoor stadium in the cold north in late season -- @ Cincy, but 11/11 at Philly could be damn cold too.
At Washington?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
At Washington?
The hatred in the air keeps everyone warm. Although by then Washington will be out of contention so the stadium might be empty.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aqib Talib is on the trading block. You all know I don't care about character concerns, i'd take him in a heart beat.

The Bucs need a running back.. I'd do it for Felix Jones straight up.

EDIT: Didn't know he was in that much trouble. Still, if they would take anything i'd do it for a 7th. If he goes to jail, oh well we lost a 7th round pick. If he gets on the field we have a 6'2'' 210 pound CB who can play. Sounds good to me.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 04-18-2012 at 10:23 AM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Aqib Talib is on the trading block. You all know I don't care about character concerns, i'd take him in a heart beat.

He is going to catch a major suspension from Goodell regardless of the outcome of his trial. It makes no sense if he catches a 6 game wack and it takes him three weeks to get back into shape. Plus I think he ends up getting the axe.... if the team likes him that much, the can sign him after.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
He is going to catch a major suspension from Goodell regardless of the outcome of his trial. It makes no sense if he catches a 6 game wack and it takes him three weeks to get back into shape. Plus I think he ends up getting the axe.... if the team likes him that much, the can sign him after.
I just edited my post, I didn't know the extent of his issues. I would still do it for a 7th rounder though. My reasons are above.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't mesh with Garrett. He's definitely not a RKG and has had intra-team problems previously.

So since he made it to the NFL. He's gotten in a fist-fight with a teammate, assaulted a cab driver, was booked for resisting arrest and simple assault, and is now on trail for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (shooting someone).

-_- Not sure what part of that screams "pick me, pick me!". PASS.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just edited my post, I didn't know the extent of his issues. I would still do it for a 7th rounder though. My reasons are above.
Why take on the salary? Sometimes you guys are willing to take out flyers on such low characters guys. It amazes me so much.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

EDIT: Didn't know he was in that much trouble. Still, if they would take anything i'd do it for a 7th. If he goes to jail, oh well we lost a 7th round pick. If he gets on the field we have a 6'2'' 210 pound CB who can play. Sounds good to me.
I will laugh at any team that trades for him. He's gonna end up behind bars.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At Washington?
Speaking of Washington, I think it's pretty damn cool that we are playing them on Thanksgiving! This is as classic American as you can get! Cowboys vs Indians! hahaha
Old 04-18-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I will laugh at any team that trades for him. He's gonna end up behind bars.
Those teams who said he had character issues before his draft may have nailed it without overstating the obvious.

Janoris Jenkins following in his footsteps? Possibly (but not probably).
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First Ive heard of this

I have some sad news to report. Rick Gosselin, the greatest mock drafter in the world, has decided to call it a career - at least as far as being an NFL Draft analyst is concerned. Gosselin has received a promotion and will now be a columnist for the Dallas Morning News. Good for him, bad for us NFL Draft fans. I'm going to miss eluding the Dallas Morning News' annoying paywall to see Gosselin's mocks every April.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 04-18-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Nah - BtB mentioned it a while ago when he got his promotion that it likely spelled an end to him being a full-time draft analyst.

His goal now isn't to be super accurate and a trusted source but to generate clicks. The articles he has penned since signing on full-time are full of spin-doctoring and nonsense. Really sad because he was easily the best in the business.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. I don't like his role now. Frankly, because I don't think he's that knowledgable. What made him great at what he did was the access he had to the top decision makers for virtually every team in the NFL. The information he gave was not his own; it was simply regurgitated from what top NFL folks were telling him.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Did anyone know Alex Albright was such a good athlete? Today on Talkin' Cowboys Bill Jones listed his measurables and said he only fell so far because of a neck injury.

His numbers were: 4.85 in the 40 but a 1.60 10 yard which is even better than DeMarcus Ware, 22 reps on the bench, 36 inch vert, and a 10'4'' broad jump. That's pretty damn good. I thought he was just a white kid worth work ethic from BC. At 6'5'' 251 if he adds 10 pounds this off season he could turn into something.

Just something to keep an eye on.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Did anyone know Alex Albright was such a good athlete? Today on Talkin' Cowboys Bill Jones listed his measurables and said he only fell so far because of a neck injury.

His numbers were: 4.85 in the 40 but a 1.60 10 yard which is even better than DeMarcus Ware, 22 reps on the bench, 36 inch vert, and a 10'4'' broad jump. That's pretty damn good. I thought he was just a white kid worth work ethic from BC. At 6'5'' 251 if he adds 10 pounds this off season he could turn into something.

Just something to keep an eye on.
Yeah he's got short area quickness. He needs work as he isn't very quick on diagnosis and being where he should be but a full offseason will help that.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...king-very-hard

Quote:
Asked if he was concerned that the hamstring issues could be chronic, Austin said, “I’m working very hard.”

It would seem as if Austin has as much to prove this season as anybody on the Cowboys’ roster.

“I always have,” Austin said. “I’m trying to make the team every year. That’s the approach that I go with, to be honest. …

“Everything you have to earn anyway. It’s not a mentality. I feel like it’s a lifestyle and a reality.”

Austin has changed tax brackets since be broke into the league as an undrafted rookie, but he insists his attitude is the same.

Unlike some players overlooked in the draft, Austin isn’t fueled by proving people wrong. His motivation is to maximize his potential.

“I feel like a chip sometimes can be a negative feeling or something like that,” Austin said. “I think positive feelings help you play better, personally. Someone else, negative might work with them, but I don’t really go out with a chip.

“I’m going out just to work hard. I genuinely enjoy working hard and competing. It’s not an angry, nobody-picked-me, whatever-type anger. It’s just that I’m going to go out and play hard and work.”

He’s working hard this offseason under the supervision of a strength coach with six Super Bowl rings, which Austin hopes will help keep him healthy all season.
That a boy Miles! Let's go baby! I can't wait till Sept. 5th!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I've always suspected about Miles is that he is a natural hustler. Since he was never a big prospect he had to really fight for his spot on the team. You could notice it when he plays. He runs like he really has to fight for that yardage or else he'll lose his job. I think that's why he and Romo make a nice pairing. Both came from humble collegiate backgrounds, so their style of play is never one to get comfortable. Romo is always looking to make the big play, Miles is always trying to get that big run to the end zone. I can't wait to see them together again. I really like the receiving corps a lot here.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colombo is signing a one year deal and then retireing as a Cowboy. Good story ending for a guy who most had out of the league following chronic knee problems. Tuna took a chance and the staff nursed him into a solid starter for 5 years. Glad he respects what the team did for him and decided to end it at Valley Ranch.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Colombo is signing a one year deal and then retireing as a Cowboy. Good story ending for a guy who most had out of the league following chronic knee problems. Tuna took a chance and the staff nursed him into a solid starter for 5 years. Glad he respects what the team did for him and decided to end it at Valley Ranch.
Agreed. Loved his fight.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yeah that is a nice story for him. His success story was a neat credit to Parcells.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah that is a nice story for him. His success story was a neat credit to Parcells.
He was a Veteran FA, just the way Parcells liked 'em. remember he said "Playing rookies will get you fired." He was a real find too, state of the art OT for a couple of yrs.

Glad to see he's going out a Cowboy.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Does anybody know if goose is puting out his top 100 this year?

Old 04-21-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does anybody know if goose is puting out his top 100 this year?
usually the night before the draft

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
primetime217
Rookie

primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.primetime217 is so money.

Does anybody know the specifics of Sensabaugh's deal? I'm mainly concerned with the guaranteed he's getting. I'm just wondering how big of a cap hit he would be if we did draft Barron. If we draft Barron, we'll still need help at FS and Sensabaugh isn't the answer there. We could take a late round chance on a prospect there, or look for one in next years draft.
primetime217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime217 View Post
Does anybody know the specifics of Sensabaugh's deal? I'm mainly concerned with the guaranteed he's getting. I'm just wondering how big of a cap hit he would be if we did draft Barron. If we draft Barron, we'll still need help at FS and Sensabaugh isn't the answer there. We could take a late round chance on a prospect there, or look for one in next years draft.
I believe after the 2013 season we can cut Sensabaugh and come out okay cap wise. At least 2 more years of garbage, I mean Sensabaugh.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote