Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-15-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When is Livings back?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More great injury news

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...spleen-injury/

Old 08-15-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlash View Post
The OL should get better. Bernadeau isn't even close to football shape, and it's clear he will be a sizable upgrade over what Kosier was last year. Costa should at least be better than himself, and he can get the job done for the most part. Regardless of PFF rankings, I have to believe livings is an upgrade over Holland because they wouldn't have gave livings 20 million when they could have signed holland for close to the league minimum. Smith will be better than Free at LT, and Free should be good at RT.

If those 5 stay healthy our OL will be good enough. Look at the 2 teams in the superbowl last year, the giants and patriots OL's are both nothing to write home about in any way. Hell, the Giants OL is a bunch of overachieving, unathletic white guys. Their center makes Costa look huge.

It was only the 1st pre-season game, let's see a bit more first. I love all these ESPN topics "should the cowboys offense be worried?" Like come on man... it was the 1st pre-season game.
Nice optimism... that's what that is. You are right about it being too premature to criticize the OL, but there is legit concern here. Free needs to get his act together before he might have to make a move to OG. He just hasn't looked like the same player ever since he got his big pay day.

I'm hoping Mack takes over at Center to be honest. I don't trust Costa even if he is better than last year. Holland was our best OG last year. I wouldn't mind him starting again. Livings better live up to his contract. There's not a single Bengals fan who misses him. This was a HUGE risk by the Cowboys. I'm blaming this on Callahan if it fails.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blaming it on Callahan....we were strapped for cash...who exactly would you liked us to bring in.

At CB you had Mike Jenkins who probably isn' even going to be ready to play by the start of the season.

If you don't pick up Carr...it's a lot harder to mask having no CB than it is to implement 3 step drops and **** to get the ball out of the QB's hands.

It's not exactly like they passed on a bunch of cheap servicable players in favor of Livings. Look at our OL....Smith/Costa/Berdy/Free.....they have a combined what 3 years of experience at those positions? Call them crazy for bringing in a vet with starting experience. They might have overpayed...but it's really a 3 year deal and what other options did they have. They clearly wanted a vet on the line to help out....I just don't see how you can peg this as anyones fault. Would have been nice to go that direction in the draft...but we have mo now so I am not too sad.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

I'm letting things play out on the OL. One game isn't going to make me freak out yet.

I'm more concerned with the Witten situation than anything else right now. Let's pray to the football gods he doesn't need surgery. If he needs surgery, it's tough to say when he'd come back. Time for John Phillips to step up his game. And now the 3rd & 4th WR's are going to be even more important.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isnt this when Bob comes in and says how we shoulda traded Witten and kept Bennett and how this organization has to forsight and our GM is a bafoon for letting this happen?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Witten will be fine lacerated spleens either mean he's rested preseason and ready to go for week 1 or the condition doesn't improve this week and they remove it. If they remove it the recovery puts him back week 2.

Hanna impressed and will now be given a lot of TE1 snaps during the preseason. Provided he continues to play well our gameplan wouldn't have to be altered as much.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
TheFlash (CDCB)
Rookie

TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Witten will be fine lacerated spleens either mean he's rested preseason and ready to go for week 1 or the condition doesn't improve this week and they remove it. If they remove it the recovery puts him back week 2.

Hanna impressed and will now be given a lot of TE1 snaps during the preseason. Provided he continues to play well our gameplan wouldn't have to be altered as much.
I don't know, after reading some things online it says even a slightly lacerated spleen should take 6-8 weeks before you can even start running, let alone playing NFL football. Witten is a warrior and if anyone doesn't need practice to be ready it's him, but this is still very concerning. As I like to call it, "the luck of the Giants" just keeps on rolling. If he can't play Sept. 5th, man, they catch every break.

As for everyone sweating the pre-season opener, as someone in the NFL Forum posted, before judging the pre-season remember that Ryan Leaf went 14-19 with 158 yards and 2 TD's in his first game. ENOUGH SAID.

The OL had a bad couple of series with 2 starters out and Bernadeau not even close to being in football shape, which he will be by Sept. 5th. Take a chill pill for the time being..
TheFlash (CDCB) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Blaming it on Callahan....we were strapped for cash...who exactly would you liked us to bring in.

At CB you had Mike Jenkins who probably isn' even going to be ready to play by the start of the season.

If you don't pick up Carr...it's a lot harder to mask having no CB than it is to implement 3 step drops and **** to get the ball out of the QB's hands.

It's not exactly like they passed on a bunch of cheap servicable players in favor of Livings. Look at our OL....Smith/Costa/Berdy/Free.....they have a combined what 3 years of experience at those positions? Call them crazy for bringing in a vet with starting experience. They might have overpayed...but it's really a 3 year deal and what other options did they have. They clearly wanted a vet on the line to help out....I just don't see how you can peg this as anyones fault. Would have been nice to go that direction in the draft...but we have mo now so I am not too sad.
Livings came out of left field and the money was way more than the competition was offering him. I hate overbidding ourselves. I dropped my jaw when I heard we signed and was shocked at the money he got. The fact that he's not healthy right now strikes a nerve. I don't doubt Callahan being a great coach, but this signing needs to pan out. I really hope he does.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like arkin is gonna start again this saturday, should romo play?
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say, that offensive line of yours is a pretty big issue. The offensive tackles are alright I guess but that interior is pretty terrible. I just can't wait until they have to face Cullen Jenkins, Derek Landri, Fletcher Cox and Cedric Thornton. God speed, Tony Romo!

(I do sort of feel bad for Romo, I actually don't mind him)
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Even if Witten has to sit week 1, it's not a big deal. As much as I want to beat the Giants week 1, I realize it's a maraton and not a sprint. I'd rather be safe than sorry with a guy like Witten.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broaddus:

Quote:
When you evaluate the performance of the starting offensive line in Monday night’s game against the Raiders, at first glance you want to cast a critical eye at center David Arkin and the way that he played. But, it is really more than that.

On tape, Arkin was not the problem and for the number of snaps that he played in the game in his first start at center, it was actually a nice effort on his part. I’m not saying he was perfect, but to believe he was the reason they couldn’t run the ball or give Tony Romo enough time in the pocket is dead wrong.

Arkin’s game started off with a nice pick-up on an inside twist on the ball that went down the field to Dez Bryant. Two plays later he makes a good cutoff block on the front side against Tommy Kelly, but Derrick Dockery can’t handle his man so there was no gain. There was the pass down the field to Cole Beasley out of the slot where again he adjusts to Kelly on the outside, then takes him across the pocket holding him along the line of scrimmage. On the play-action stretch play going to the left, Arkin goes across the pocket and helps Dockery with his man, but on the front side, Doug Free has trouble on the inside with defensive end Lamarr Houston, who beats him as Romo is rolling to his side. Romo avoids Houston but has to dump the ball to Witten for a loss of two.

On the next play, which was second-and-12, Arkin has Kelly on his left shoulder. At the snap, Kelly is able to get the corner, but it’s a screen going to his left. Dockery blocks the defensive end as does Tyron Smith. Arkin releases Kelly up the field, which was a mistake. Felix Jones is not in position to block Kelly, giving Romo no chance on the play to even set his feet, the result a sack. Clearly Arkin has to hold his block longer.

To start the next series, Jones is handed the ball going left, Dockery and Arkin are on the double-team but Dockery doesn’t help Arkin much with it. Arkin gets stuck along the line fighting nose tackle Jamie Cumbie, but on the backside, Mackenzy Bernadeau doesn’t cut off the linebacker, who makes the tackle for a short gain.

My point is that other than Smith, it was more about the other guys having a miss here or a technique problem there that was the real problem. On the offensive line, all it takes is one guy to hurt how the group functions and on Monday night, some did that more than others.
Pretty much how I saw it. A couple mistakes but Dockery is not an NFL lineman anymore and shouldn't make this team. Why the hell we squabbled with Holland about a few pennies and signed Dockery instead is beyond me.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
TheFlash (CDCB)
Rookie

TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
I have to say, that offensive line of yours is a pretty big issue. The offensive tackles are alright I guess but that interior is pretty terrible. I just can't wait until they have to face Cullen Jenkins, Derek Landri, Fletcher Cox and Cedric Thornton. God speed, Tony Romo!

(I do sort of feel bad for Romo, I actually don't mind him)
I know, I can't wait to face that small, soft defensive front either. Oh, and Michael Vick is your QB, so we should be fine. Tackles are "alright I guess?" Tyron Smith should be a top 3 LT in football for the next decade as long as he stays healthy. Stop reading into a couple series in a pre-season game, especially when 2 starters were out and another isn't in football shape yet.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know, I can't wait to face that small, soft defensive front either. Oh, and Michael Vick is your QB, so we should be fine. Tackles are "alright I guess?" Tyron Smith should be a top 3 LT in football for the next decade as long as he stays healthy. Stop reading into a couple series in a pre-season game, especially when 2 starters were out and another isn't in football shape yet.

You know they swept us last year right?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:25 AM    (permalink
TheFlash (CDCB)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
You know they swept us last year right?
Yes, but the 2nd game didn't even matter and people need to calm down about the first pre-season game. sheesh.

Michael Vick is still their QB too, so i'm not that worried. One of the most over-hyped players in history.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:27 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, but the 2nd game didn't even matter and people need to calm down about the first pre-season game. sheesh.

Michael Vick is still their QB too, so i'm not that worried. One of the most over-hyped players in history.
It was bad last year, right? [Hint: The answer is yes]

And what did the Dallas Cowboys do to improve the interior of their offensive line in the offseason?
Old 08-16-2012, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
It was bad last year, right? [Hint: The answer is yes]

And what did the Dallas Cowboys do to improve the interior of their offensive line in the offseason?
Wide 9 versus our OTs doesn't scare me. Vick's playing record against pressure teams with press corners SHOULD scare you. Sean Lee and Bruce Carter instead of Brooking/Brady will also take away these short crosses.

Keep in mind our interior line is injured currently and we are also playing Arkin out of position.

By the way aside from trollin':

What was the purpose of this?
Old 08-16-2012, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
What was the purpose of this?
Well, initially I came over here to express concern for the interior of your offensive line and get you all to talk about it and how it might get fixed but instead some troll started talking about Michael Vick and a soft defensive line.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Easy on the Eagles fan...he's just trying to come chat with the rivals :P

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-16-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
When is Livings back?
read this today

Quote:
The good news was that both Austin and Livings were working the bands today, signaling that they will be back soon...

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-16-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's been a bit of back and forth with Broaddus and Sturm on twitter.

I'm a huge ticket fan and like Bob, but if I have to choose one way or another to lean, it's going to be Broaddus. He's watched and evalutated film as a career. He's worked under guys like Parcells so he knows what he's doing.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Easy on the Eagles fan...he's just trying to come chat with the rivals :P
I love when other fans come in and majority of them know how to do it, but Thumper knows how to stir the pot and he is a troll. Nobody is going to take too well if you went to the Eagles board and went "geez your LT play sure does suck now. Heaven forbid when Demarcus Ware comes to town!" It's comments like that that end up turning the next page into a flame fest, yet somehow BBD, Eaglesfan, and a ton of others are able to post here consistently without it ever happening, and it's happened with him numerous times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
TheFlash (CDCB)
Rookie

Not only that, but the Eagles OL isn't anything special either. Ware should have a field day with Bell, and Hatcher, Ratliff, and Lissemore all should be able to get pressure on that interior OL too. It's august though, we'll see what happens.

Oh, and for the Scandrick haters, here's a report from Broaddus today:
Quote:
Scandrick On the Rise

Cornerback Orlando Scandrick is playing with much more confidence on the outside but out of the slot as well. You can see this in practice and it carried over to the Oakland game. Thought he was in great shape on the route that Jacoby Ford ran down the sideline that Gerald Sensabaugh made the interception on staying to the inside of Ford. Later in the quarter, on 3rd down out of the slot, he was able to take Ford again, jamming him off the line, throwing off the route keeping Carson Palmer from getting him the ball. In practice on Wednesday, Andre Holmes tries to get in his route but Scandrick jams him so strong that Holmes has no chance but still tries to run the shutter go but its way too slow and it kills the play.

Playing cornerback in the NFL is more than just having skill but also having confidence in your ability to make plays. Thought that Orlando Scandrick lost a little bit of that last season but from what I have seen in this camp so far, he is off to a much better start.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I love when other fans come in and majority of them know how to do it, but Thumper knows how to stir the pot and he is a troll. Nobody is going to take too well if you went to the Eagles board and went "geez your LT play sure does suck now. Heaven forbid when Demarcus Ware comes to town!" It's comments like that that end up turning the next page into a flame fest, yet somehow BBD, Eaglesfan, and a ton of others are able to post here consistently without it ever happening, and it's happened with him numerous times.
I saw where that coulda went just wanted to be ahead of the curve...no reason to run someone out if they are just sparking conversation. This thread could use some outside thoughts to drive the conversation imo.

Designs by me
Quote: