Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-26-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got finished watching the rams game, and I tried to break down every play until the players no longer interested me because I thought a majority of them would not be on the team. I still stick by everything I have said except one thing. I am now on the team that says Doug Free is not very good.

Everyone else on the team looks good to me except interior Oline and Doug Free. I am very satisfied with the entire team, with the exception of 4/5ths of the Oline.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
My bad on calling Felix out then. Tanner overall hasn't impressed me like last year's preseason.
Well Felix did miss on an A-Gap blitz from Dunbar that got Orton killed... maybe that's what you were thinking of.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This WR situation is going to be interesting to watch. A real dilemma.

Coale or Holmes neither one will go through waivers. Beasley has earned a right to be on the 53, but Coale and Holmes both have more upside. I can't see Coale being cut with a 5th rounder invested in him.

Do they keep 7?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post

Coale or Holmes neither one will go through waivers. Beasley has earned a right to be on the 53, but Coale and Holmes both have more upside. I can't see Coale being cut with a 5th rounder invested in him.

Do they keep 7?
Try to get Holmes on the PS again. If he doesn't make it through oh well...we have enough bodies to hold down the fort. I doubt Coale will make it through waivers just off of name and work ethic alone. His agility numbers are just too good to risk imo.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My bad on calling Felix out then. Tanner overall hasn't impressed me like last year's preseason.
Tanner has been hurt all preseason except for the last game and 3 practices before that. Not much time to impress

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I just got finished watching the rams game, and I tried to break down every play until the players no longer interested me because I thought a majority of them would not be on the team. I still stick by everything I have said except one thing. I am now on the team that says Doug Free is not very good.

Everyone else on the team looks good to me except interior Oline and Doug Free. I am very satisfied with the entire team, with the exception of 4/5ths of the Oline.
From everything I read...Doug Free was a strong point against the Rams. Playing his best game of the preseason. Now you join the Free is not very good train???

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
From everything I read...Doug Free was a strong point against the Rams. Playing his best game of the preseason. Now you join the Free is not very good train???
If we are even remotely OK with the back up RT, I would look to trade Free to the Jets for a few picks.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
If we are even remotely OK with the back up RT, I would look to trade Free to the Jets for a few picks.
I'm not sold on McQwisten even making the team...and Parnell definitely isn't ready this year...missed too much training camp. Don't see it as an option.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 08-27-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post

Do they keep 7?
5th rounders are not high enough picks to earn a free pass, imo. Coale being hurt has hurt him badly. Every team has tough cuts to make around this time. I have a hard time seeing him being picked up through waivers and added to soemone else's 53.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Tanner has been hurt all preseason except for the last game and 3 practices before that. Not much time to impress
Sucks to be him. If the Saints cut Chris Ivory, I wouldn't mind us picking him up as our 3rd RB.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm ready to ship him out too. But like thule said.. our options behind him are "meh". Maybe if Parnell gets up to speed and starts to look good in practice, we should explore that option.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you would still take a cap hit, plus get worse at the position, not a good idea. i'd rather trade for a real center, maybe lissemore for somebody straight up?
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
dezsucks (Bob)
Rookie

dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dezsucks (Bob) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm ready to ship him out too. But like thule said.. our options behind him are "meh". Maybe if Parnell gets up to speed and starts to look good in practice, we should explore that option.
All about options.
dezsucks (Bob) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezbryant View Post
All about options.
Welcome dezbryant! Why you slap yo mamma bro?!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

McSurdy was cut. Expected, but yep.

"The Cowboys released tackle Levy Adcock, punter Delbert Alvarado, tight end Harry Flaherty, receiver David Little, tackle Tyrone Novikoff, receiver Raymond Radway, running back Javarris Williams and cornerback C.J. Wilson. They also waived/injured receiver Donavon Kemp and linebacker Caleb McSurdy.

Kevin Kowalski, a guard/center who hasn’t been able to go at all since the start of training camp, has been placed on the physically unable to perform list."
- PFT
Old 08-27-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Gosselin talking about how the Cowboys should trade Austin and a pick for Mike Wallace...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...-right-now.ece

Naaaaaaah....
Old 08-28-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gosselin talking about how the Cowboys should trade Austin and a pick for Mike Wallace...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...-right-now.ece

Naaaaaaah....
I'd do it in a heartbeat if we only had to give up a 3 or a 4. I wouldn't be too happy about the salary he'd want, but screw it. We haven't had a deep threat like that on our team with that kind of speed since what, Rocket?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Next Wednesday cannot get here soon enough!!!

Old 08-29-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Witten is going to be a game day decision.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Witten is going to be a game day decision.
If I was JG I'd hold him out the first week just to be safe, it hurts that he wouldn't be available but I'd much rather him not get re-injured and be forced to get surgery.

On a side note the Giants D-line seems to be nicked up. Canty is on the PUP, JPP, Austin have been battling back spasms and Shaun Rogers has a blood clot. I'd expect a heavy dose of DeMarco and Felix between the tackles to test the big boys and keep the ends off of Romo.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'd keep Witten out too. Better to be safe than sorry. It would be nice to have him for the Giants, but you don't want to risk injury playing a rival that you'll see twice. Plus Phillips has been looking good, and so has Hanna. It's not like Eric Bjornson and David LaFluer are back there again.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I really hope Mana Silva makes the team. Nice batted pass right there.

edit: Danny Coale with a nice outstretched catch before the half!

Last edited by D-Unit : 08-29-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got an alert from the DC app, Mike Jenkins has passed his physical and cleared to practice. I wonder if he will get some reps in the opener.

Edit: Due to Nfl rules must have a 3 day observation period before he can participate in full practice. Can join team practice Saturday

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 08-30-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Just got an alert from the DC app, Mike Jenkins has passed his physical and cleared to practice. I wonder if he will get some reps in the opener.

Edit: Due to Nfl rules must have a 3 day observation period before he can participate in full practice. Can join team practice Saturday
That's good news, but I wonder what kind of game shape he can get in by Wednesday. I think he plays, but maybe like 8-10 plays if that.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet Jenkins is not active for game 1.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote