Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-11-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Did any of you see Toonster's mock?

He's giving us Revis and saying we move Henry to FS.

LOL! I bet he read my post of me saying we draft Hughes and experiment with Henry at FS! Woooo hoooo meeee!!!!
Toonster thought of that weeks before you did.

Why?

Because he's Toonster.
We talked about this last year. :?
It doesn't matter. He talked about last year and a week ago.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
i still dont understand why everyone is talking about reciever or DB for the first round pick. I know this has already been said but look at the chargers DB's -- they arent even close to the talent level of our DB's but they have such awesome pressure that they dont need to be very good.

If we get someone to compliment ware, it would sure up a whole lot in the secondary including roys problems. He needs to work hard, but we also need to help him with better pressure.

We need to take an end or a tweener in the first round unless we somhow get thomas in FA which i dont see happening.
I think with the overall talent level of this team that the first day needs to go after skill position players. Because OL and DL can be found just as easy in the fifth round as in the second round where we are picking. Both guys won't be NFL ready...and will need to be coached...so I'm all for drafting on potential when you have a team as solid as us. Not very many teams have this luxary but if I was a GM this would be my stategy. Which is why a value Ginn over Blalock....both are great players in their own right...but Ginn is the unmatched player in this draft.
Ginn is a good straight line runner, but he doesn't offer anything else "special" ...or even "above average" outside of that.
I disagree...his ability to hit top speed in his first few steps is what makes him special...he has great acceleration. This is why he is so dangerous on a flanker screen...now this might not help him on a out route...but he can make a slant rount cut without losing a step. He might not be the best reciever to run a deep in...but we have guys like Witten...Hurd to run these routes in the future...we need a gamebreaker.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i still dont understand why everyone is talking about reciever or DB for the first round pick. I know this has already been said but look at the chargers DB's -- they arent even close to the talent level of our DB's but they have such awesome pressure that they dont need to be very good.

If we get someone to compliment ware, it would sure up a whole lot in the secondary including roys problems. He needs to work hard, but we also need to help him with better pressure.

We need to take an end or a tweener in the first round unless we somhow get thomas in FA which i dont see happening.
I think with the overall talent level of this team that the first day needs to go after skill position players. Because OL and DL can be found just as easy in the fifth round as in the second round where we are picking. Both guys won't be NFL ready...and will need to be coached...so I'm all for drafting on potential when you have a team as solid as us. Not very many teams have this luxary but if I was a GM this would be my stategy. Which is why a value Ginn over Blalock....both are great players in their own right...but Ginn is the unmatched player in this draft.
Ginn is a good straight line runner, but he doesn't offer anything else "special" ...or even "above average" outside of that.
I disagree...his ability to hit top speed in his first few steps is what makes him special...he has great acceleration. This is why he is so dangerous on a flanker screen...now this might not help him on a out route...but he can make a slant rount cut without losing a step. He might not be the best reciever to run a deep in...but we have guys like Witten...Hurd to run these routes in the future...we need a gamebreaker.
That's one type of play. Not worthy of first round consideration with the WR corps we already have. If we draft Ginn, he sits on the bench except on special teams when he's returning kicks... and Austin showed me plenty enough doing that this year.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's one type of play. Not worthy of first round consideration with the WR corps we already have. If we draft Ginn, he sits on the bench except on special teams when he's returning kicks... and Austin showed me plenty enough doing that this year.
Would WR become a bigger need to you if Crayton leaves us since he is a RFA?

Ginn could be successful his first year in the NFL running alot more then one route.
Flanker screen
Go
Stop-n-go
Quick Slant
He is essentially our Raw TG...ever since the reports about TG knees being bad and needing surgery sometime in the future I think a replacement is needed sooner then later.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-11-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ginn could be successful his first year in the NFL running alot more then one route.
Flanker screen
Go
Stop-n-go
Quick Slant
He is essentially our Raw TG...ever since the reports about TG knees being bad and needing surgery sometime in the future I think a replacement is needed sooner then later.
In today's NFL, WR is simply not a "must have" commodity. I'd hate to see us wasting a pick on one in the first round. This WR class is fairly deep as well. For us to take Ginn or any other WR in round 1 is a HUGE mistake.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Flanker screen
Go
Stop-n-go
Quick Slant
In today's NFL, WR is simply not a "must have" commodity. I'd hate to see us wasting a pick on one in the first round. This WR class is fairly deep as well. For us to take Ginn or any other WR in round 1 is a HUGE mistake.
Hmm...I guess we will agree to disagree....what about your Bring Sidney Rice to dallas campain...I'm also still onboard with that. Although he is gonna have to run a sub 4.5 40 to be of value at pick #22.

On a side note....
The Cowboys signed eight players, including wide receiver/punt returner Jamaica Rector, to their reserve/future list for the 2007 season on Wednesday.

The Cowboys also signed quarterback Matt Baker, wide receivers Damarious Bilbo(converting to safety) and Jerheme Urban, tight ends Tony Curtis and Andy Thorn, kicker Carlos Martinez, and cornerback Joey Thomas.

I remember Bilbo is a burner...he simulated Vick in practice when we were gameplanning for atlanta.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-11-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Sidney Rice to Dallas Campaign ended about week 6 into the college season. haha!

This "No offensive player in Round 1" campaign is staying until the draft. Only thing that could sway my opinion is our moves in FA. ...and they would have to be exceptional.

Look at the teams in the playoffs... Which teams are being carried by their WRs?

Philly, Chicago, New Orleans, Seattle
San Diego, New England, Baltimore...

None of those teams have WR corps that scare anyone. Indy is the only team with overpriced WRs and they are not the blue print I want to follow.

To draft a WR in round 1 is a BIG MISTAKE thule.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sidney Rice to Dallas Campaign ended about week 6 into the college season. haha!

This "No offensive player in Round 1" campaign is staying until the draft. Only thing that could sway my opinion is our moves in FA. ...and they would have to be exceptional.

Look at the teams in the playoffs... Which teams are being carried by their WRs?

None of those teams have WR corps that scare anyone. Indy is the only team with overpriced WRs and they are not the blue print I want to follow.

Teams who have dominating offensive lines, and who I believe are top billing in the NFL right now. I do agree with you with not drafting a WR in the 1st, but I am big supporter on spending it on a OG or OT.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey guys found some info...

Q: How much cap space do the Boys have for this coming off-season:

According to our resident cap expert, the Boys will have approximately $24.35M in cap space to sign FAs, re-sign their own players, and for the draft picks.

Q: How many FAs do the Boys have and who are they?

Unrestricted Free Agents (5)
DE Kenyon Coleman
S Marcus Coleman,
OT Marc Colombo
C Andre Gurode
LB Al Singleton

Restricted Free Agents (8 )
WR Partick Crayton
LB Ryan Fowler
LB Junior Glymph
C Al Johnson
CB Nathan Jones
P Matt McBriar
TE Brett Pierce
CB Jacques Reeves

Exclusive Rights Free Agents (5)
DE/DT Stephen Bowen
S Abram Elam
LS L.P. Ladouceur
OG Cory Procter
DE Jeremiah "Jay" Ratliff

Q: What draft picks do the Boys have in the upcoming draft?
From what I could find, the Boys have one pick from rounds 1 to 5 and 3 picks in the 7th round, but this is unofficial given the league still has to announce compensatory picks and we are not sure what picks the Boys received for Scott Shanle and Sean Ryan.

Round 1, #23
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5
Round 7
Round 7*
Round 7*

*Denotes unofficial
NOTE: The Boys do not have a 6th round pick in this year's draft as it was sent to Kansas City for Scott Fujita.

Q: When will we know Bill Parcells' decision to return as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

According to reports, he has until February 1st to make his decision.

Q: If the Boys release Terrell Owens before March 1, how much of a cap hit will the team take?

The team will take approximately a $3.367M cap hit if they release Owens, Owens signed a 3-year deal last year that gave him a $5M signing bonus.

Owens is due a $3M roster bonus on March 1st and is scheduled to make $5M in base salary. His 2007 cap hit could be approximately $9.67M, so if he stays expect the team to renegotiate his contract.

Q: If the team releases either Marco Rivera or Flozell Adams, what is their cap hit?

Marco Rivera signed a 5-year contract with a $9M signing bonus. As such, releasing him would result in a cap hit of $5.4M.

Flozell Adams is entering the final year of his contract. He signed a 5-year deal with a $10M signing bonus. He is scheduled to have a cap hit of $11M when his base salary and signing bonus are combined. Releasing him would result in a $2M cap hit.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:

Teams who have dominating offensive lines, and who I believe are top billing in the NFL right now. I do agree with you with not drafting a WR in the 1st, but I am big supporter on spending it on a OG or OT.
Aren't you the Meachem fan?

Shoot, I'm not even opposed to spending our first 4 picks on Defense.

With 25M in cap... We can and should shore up our OL. I'll admit I do think rookie OL are making a bigger impact in today's game than before, but they are still rare. With the kind of team we have, we need veterans and not rookies to beef up our OL.

I've said before and I still would support Levi Brown, but I'm not campaigning for it, especially after his down year... and if we do draft him, I hope we're cutting Flozell. I like Blalock as well and would be supportive of him, but I still think this a decent year for OL in FA and that we need to bring in someone via that route.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:

Aren't you the Meachem fan?

Shoot, I'm not even opposed to spending our first 4 picks on Defense.

With 25M in cap... We can and should shore up our OL. I'll admit I do think rookie OL are making a bigger impact in today's game than before, but they are still rare. With the kind of team we have, we need veterans and not rookies to beef up our OL.

I've said before and I still would support Levi Brown, but I'm not campaigning for it, especially after his down year... and if we do draft him, I hope we're cutting Flozell. I like Blalock as well and would be supportive of him, but I still think this a decent year for OL in FA and that we need to bring in someone via that route.
Yes if for some reason we WR in the 1st I would rather have Meachem, just a counter argument to Thule's Ginn. But I oppose picking a WR first and foremost. I posted a mock earlier with us getting Blalock in the 1st and Manny Rameriez in the 3rd, and I an still fan of that idea.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

d do you have any info on samson satele? hes one of your hawaii boys and have read some good things about him.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

That flozell deal is a 9 million dollar swing...I am very interested in how that turns out. LA was due 13 million when we let him go...this could be similar will be interesting.

D 4 picks in a row on defense?
CB/S/NT/WOLB

I'm assuming thats the only way it could happen. CB I want on the first day...I would love to bring in Hughes or Revis. Safety I don't think is a first day need...but I guess Griffin is okay in the first round. No NT in this draft...I think there is a guy from Utah...but I don't know where he is projected i'm guessing 5-7. A rusher...I still really like Woodley in the second...my be a stretch right now..but there are alot of DE's that are jumping ahead of him...the combine/proday will only hurt his stock.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-11-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
d do you have any info on samson satele? hes one of your hawaii boys and have read some good things about him.
He'd probably better on a team implementing a zone blocking scheme. Not a guy for the Cowboys. He has played every single position along the line and this past season he played Center. I'm not sure how many sacks he's given up, but I could probably count them on one hand. Competition is questionable. His pass blocking is naturally better than his run blocking, although he does have great footwork, amazing power and agility and gets to the second level very well. He's got excellent technique and has learned from a very good OL coach who has put many OL in the NFL. He was a prized recruit and has been getting rave reviews ever since his freshman year.

I played against his basketball team on 2 separate occassions. We faced them during the season and in the Championship. We lost in OT... damnit. Samson is a beast on the court. He's big and runs fast and is immovable in the paint. He can drive too! Of course I didn't guard him, but I was on Nate Ilaoa. LOL! Nate burnt me a few times, but I did swat him once! :D Of course he's only 5'7"ish ...haha... Mel Purcell dunked on us a lot. It was all fun.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
He'd probably better on a team implementing a zone blocking scheme. Not a guy for the Cowboys. He has played every single position along the line and this past season he played Center. I'm not sure how many sacks he's given up, but I could probably count them on one hand. Competition is questionable. His pass blocking is naturally better than his run blocking, although he does have great footwork, amazing power and agility and gets to the second level very well. He's got excellent technique and has learned from a very good OL coach who has put many OL in the NFL. He was a prized recruit and has been getting rave reviews ever since his freshman year.

I played against his basketball team on 2 separate occassions. We faced them during the season and in the Championship. We lost in OT... damnit. Samson is a beast on the court. He's big and runs fast and is immovable in the paint. He can drive too! Of course I didn't guard him, but I was on Nate Ilaoa. LOL! Nate burnt me a few times, but I did swat him once! :D Of course he's only 5'7"ish ...haha... Mel Purcell dunked on us a lot. It was all fun.

ahhh very nice thanks for the info.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Whisenhunt may yet become a factor in Dallas if Bill Parcells doen't return in 2007. Whisenhunt coached special teams in Cleveland under Cowboys quarterbacks coach Chris Palmer in 1999. Also on that staff were Cowboys assistants Tony Sparano, Todd Haley and Todd Bowles.
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_488058.html

Hmmm.....
Old 01-11-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number-94
Did you all see this?

Quote:
While Parcells' future with the Cowboys remains in the air, he conducted a second round of meetings with his coaches Tuesday, without Zimmer. If Parcells chooses to stay and hires a defensive coordinator from within, secondary coach Todd Bowles and linebackers coach Paul Pasqualoni could be the top choices.
Cornerback Terence Newman is a fan of Bowles, who joined the Cowboys in 2005 and worked with Parcells with the New York Jets.
"He played in the league, and I think he has an understanding of different things," Newman said. "Instead of running the same thing every week, he knows teams will figure that out and understands you have to change things up."

With Zimmer's departure, the Cowboys have four coaches with expiring contracts: Bruce DeHaven (special teams), Mike MacIntyre (safeties), Anthony Lynn (running backs) and David Lee (offensive staff assistant).
Could Newman have enough pull in it?
Todd Bowles from the Redskins?
Todd Bowles our DB coach.
LOL. You are funny. Maybe he was before your time but there was a Todd Bowles who played Safety for the Washington Redskins during their SB years in the 1980s or early 90s.

So, ? stands. Is this the same Tod Bowles who played for the Skins and NOW is a DB Coach for the Cowboys?

Very funny.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did you all see this?

Quote:
While Parcells' future with the Cowboys remains in the air, he conducted a second round of meetings with his coaches Tuesday, without Zimmer. If Parcells chooses to stay and hires a defensive coordinator from within, secondary coach Todd Bowles and linebackers coach Paul Pasqualoni could be the top choices.
Cornerback Terence Newman is a fan of Bowles, who joined the Cowboys in 2005 and worked with Parcells with the New York Jets.
"He played in the league, and I think he has an understanding of different things," Newman said. "Instead of running the same thing every week, he knows teams will figure that out and understands you have to change things up."

With Zimmer's departure, the Cowboys have four coaches with expiring contracts: Bruce DeHaven (special teams), Mike MacIntyre (safeties), Anthony Lynn (running backs) and David Lee (offensive staff assistant).
LOL. You are funny. Maybe he was before your time but there was a Todd Bowles who played Safety for the Washington Redskins during their SB years in the 1980s or early 90s.

So, ? stands. Is this the same Tod Bowles who played for the Skins and NOW is a DB Coach for the Cowboys?

Very funny.
Same guy.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

WR in this years draft for the Cowboys should not be an issue till round 2 or 3. Too much talent to be had later in the draft at WR. WR maybe the dtrong position in this draft if you ask me.

With TO and Glenn ..... plus Austin has top end measurables and will make an impact next year IMHO.

Late 2nd or 3rd sounds better and better for this spot. In fact, a big tall guy like Smardjia would be a serious value pick if he falls that far. Jump ball guy for the end zone.

MHO.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did you all see this?

Quote:

Very funny.
Same guy.
Thank you.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Any reasons why one of the Ryan boys can't be DC here?

The guy in the Bay (Rob?) actually was LB coach fo Belichick....
Old 01-11-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I have a guess. I have a feeling the Defense will be ran very similar to the offense. Not ran by one guy...latest reports I have read is...

According to a source, Bowles would have been the choice last year had Zimmer, who interviewed to be the St. Louis Rams head coach, taken another job.

If Parcells returns, look for either secondary coach Todd Bowles or linebackers coach Paul Pasqualoni to be among the candidates to head the defense.

Pasqualoni and Bowles I have a feeling will co-lead the defense. Pasqualoni controling the run d and Bowles controlling the passing defense. The question will be who sends in the plays from the sidelines.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-11-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
I have a guess. I have a feeling the Defense will be ran very similar to the offense. Not ran by one guy...latest reports I have read is...

According to a source, Bowles would have been the choice last year had Zimmer, who interviewed to be the St. Louis Rams head coach, taken another job.

If Parcells returns, look for either secondary coach Todd Bowles or linebackers coach Paul Pasqualoni to be among the candidates to head the defense.

Pasqualoni and Bowles I have a feeling will co-lead the defense. Pasqualoni controling the run d and Bowles controlling the passing defense. The question will be who sends in the plays from the sidelines.
Too many cooks spoil the broth.

With that said, our lack of a dominant personality on O this year cost us in a few games.

To me, the O looked like if we where winning Sparano was play calling and if we where losing Haley was doing it.

Don't know why but it seemed like disjointed play calling. No flow.

D needs ONE guy to set a tone and strategy IMHO.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I'd be ok if Parcells didn't return. Love the guy for what he's done, but I would be ok if a whole new regime came in.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:10 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I'd be ok if Parcells didn't return. Love the guy for what he's done, but I would be ok if a whole new regime came in.
That's my feeling as well....It almost seems Parcells is delaying what needs to happen for this team to be successful. We need a coach who has imagination and confidence, a young gun who can come in here for five years and do something with this talent. With Parcells it's always on a year to year basis.