Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-12-2007, 12:24 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
I'd be ok if Parcells didn't return. Love the guy for what he's done, but I would be ok if a whole new regime came in.
That's my feeling as well....It almost seems Parcells is delaying what needs to happen for this team to be successful. We need a coach who has imagination and confidence, a young gun who can come in here for five years and do something with this talent. With Parcells it's always on a year to year basis.
It's a shame Butch Davis took the NC State job...I really liked him coming into dallas as a DC and eventually taking over...he got the shaft in the NFL.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd be ok if Parcells didn't return. Love the guy for what he's done, but I would be ok if a whole new regime came in.
I just don't see that guy out there...next season I want a assistant from the NFL...I don't want a college guy to come in...I just don't like the way it has worked lately.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
slats7
Rookie

slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thule, I think you advocated making a run at Sharper from Minnesota. But isn't he a strong safety? Would you sign him and then move Roy somewhere else?
slats7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats7
Thule, I think you advocated making a run at Sharper from Minnesota. But isn't he a strong safety? Would you sign him and then move Roy somewhere else?
He's more like a Darren Woodson free safety. Not a traditional center fielder, but is a smart player which allows him to play the free spot.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call me crazy but I don't want us to sign Adalius Thomas.
If we sign him for 4 years, he gotta be a starter for 4 years. So, we'd bench Carpenter until his rookie contract expires?
And I don't want Carpenter to move inside, he shows great abilities on the outside, give him an entire off-season focalizing on one position and he will be a big time player for years to come. He can rush the passer, he can cover and he can stuff the run. He just need to complete his transition..
You don't use your first round pick as a nickel lb or for 15 snaps a game. We've drafted Carpenter to be our starter, signing Thomas would mean benching Carpenter. Altough you want to put him inside and that means benching Ayodele or James.

Our pass rush problems aren't the LBs, are the DEs. We gotta hope our young guys develope and a DC could do a better job than Zimmer, because we have amazing talent on the field. And maybe draft another DE like Carriker or Alama-Francis.

We don't need Adalius Thomas, we gotta invest our money on a badass guard and we MUST resign Gurode.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
If we sign him for 4 years, he gotta be a starter for 4 years. So, we'd bench Carpenter until his rookie contract expires?
And I don't want Carpenter to move inside, he shows great abilities on the outside, give him an entire off-season focalizing on one position and he will be a big time player for years to come. He can rush the passer, he can cover and he can stuff the run. He just need to complete his transition..
You don't use your first round pick as a nickel lb or for 15 snaps a game. We've drafted Carpenter to be our starter, signing Thomas would mean benching Carpenter. Altough you want to put him inside and that means benching Ayodele or James.

Our pass rush problems aren't the LBs, are the DEs. We gotta hope our young guys develope and a DC could do a better job than Zimmer, because we have amazing talent on the field. And maybe draft another DE like Carriker or Alama-Francis.

We don't need Adalius Thomas, we gotta invest our money on a badass guard and we MUST resign Gurode.
We need as many playmakers as possible, including rush backers. The Thomas signing would be good, but I don't think it will happen though.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:18 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I agree, Thomas is one of the best acquisitions this offseason, but we need to make the first priority O-Line. Romo, even though he can scramble and get away from pressure, he can't be doing it all game. Also te run-blocking has got to improve. We've all seen what Julius and Marion are capable of doing with good blocking. Julius should be getting around 1,200 yards and Barber, while he had a stellar year, hes definetly capable of a better one. And thats starts with those big guys up front. We didn't win 3 Super Bowls with an okay offensive line, we won them with a GREAT offensive line. Lets get a younger group together and we wont regret it.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:20 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:

We need as many playmakers as possible, including rush backers. The Thomas signing would be good, but I don't think it will happen though.
Give me the starting defensive lineup if we sign Thomas.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:11 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Thomas is going to cost too much money and we have a lot of other holes to fill on the defensive side.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:14 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well Mickey Spagnola thinks that Bill will make his decision possibly today or within the week. He says it shouldn't be much longer, so I just hope Mickey is right.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well Mickey Spagnola thinks that Bill will make his decision possibly today or within the week. He says it shouldn't be much longer, so I just hope Mickey is right.
It's in our best interest for BP to make his decision sooner than later. Because we have a huge hole to fill if he leaves and also at the DC position as well.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod
Quote:
It's in our best interest for BP to make his decision sooner than later. Because we have a huge hole to fill if he leaves and also at the DC position as well.
Exactly, and there seems to be a few good names I'd like to have out there if we could hire somebody new this year. If we wait until next year who's left? I know that every year somebody new shows up but I really think this year has a lot of candidates out there.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
Quote:
Quote:

Our pass rush problems aren't the LBs, are the DEs. We gotta hope our young guys develope and a DC could do a better job than Zimmer, because we have amazing talent on the field. And maybe draft another
DE like Carriker or Alama-Francis.

Look, I didn't say I'm an avocate for signing the guy. I am for bringing in impact defensive players, anywhere on the field. Thomas would command a lot of money, and we may not be in the running for him anyway. However if we do bring a guy like that in, then someone is not going to be here, whether that be Ellis, coming off a major injury at 32, or Burnett.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You're right, that's the problem. Because we'll have

Ware - Ayodele - James - Thomas

Where do you put Carpenter? Moving him inside isn't a good move. We've seen that he needed time to develope.. He was moved around too much on TC and during the year and he didn't have a truly position. When he started playing only SAM he started making plays. He's first half against Seattle was amazing. He needs to stay outisde.

Assuming that you can't bench Thomas or Ware, Carpenter would be a nickel guy... And you don't use first round picks as nickel guy, you use them to be your starters. We don't need Thomas, we need push from the DL. We could bring another DE/OLB hybrid but later in the draft..

In Bob We Trust

Old 01-12-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Dang it. I am listening to Talkin Cowboys and Bill Jones just reported that Jerry Jones told Norm Hitzges that Anthony Henry may move to safety....man what does that leave for Watkins!??
Old 01-12-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Quote:
Dang it. I am listening to Talkin Cowboys and Bill Jones just reported that Jerry Jones told Norm Hitzges that Anthony Henry may move to safety....man what does that leave for Watkins!??
It leaves "diddly poo" to quote Jim Mora.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
That's not fair I don't think. Watkins could have developed into an excellent free safety.

And then if Henry leaves cornerback then that becomes an immediate need.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's not fair I don't think. Watkins could have developed into an excellent free safety.

And then if Henry leaves cornerback then that becomes an immediate need.
I definetly have to agree with you there. We're try to fill needs atm, not create them.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really can't say that I agree with that move. Henry doesn't even have great speed for the safety position, and while he is physical and willing to throw his body around, I'm not sure that he will hold up to constantly filling against the run in traffic. Not only that, but then it creates a massive hole at his vacated CB spot. What is harder to fill, CB or FS? I don't care if you draft the best CB in this draft, you will not get a quality starter. Look at how Tye Hill, Cromartie (who actually performed much better than any reasonable expectation said he would), Joseph and Jennings performed. We only recently were able to plug the most problematic position on our roster, which was our RCB, and now we want to unplug it to fill another hole that is generally regarded as the least important position on a defense? I'm going to have to see some proof, a link or audio file, to believe this report. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Maybe we could move DeMarcus Ware to gunner while we're at it.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Yeah I definitely do not like the move but I can live with it just because I think Henry can play free safety very well; and I disagree that you have to have great speed to play the position. Really I don't think you do. You just need good insticts, hands, and smarts. Henry has those things.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

http://theboysblog.com/2007/01/12/wh...-pass-defense/

Great reading. That's the reason why I want Michael Griffin in the first round..

In Bob We Trust

Old 01-12-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://theboysblog.com/2007/01/12/whats-a-good-free-safety-worth-2006-review-part-two-pass-defense/

Great reading. That's the reason why I want Michael Griffin in the first round..
Don't need to read that to know I'd love him to be here. Him or any other Defensive Back in the first round. That seems to be where the best value is where we are in round 1.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOOOOOOVE IT!!! :D

If you're questioning his speed at safety, then what the hell is he doing playing corner???

One thing Henry has never been afraid of is helping in run support. That's not a concern. He's a very physical player and am absolutely revelling in this news!

They are just talking about this as a possibility and THAT'S what I love. It just opens up options for us in the draft. They can take the best available FS or CB.

I don't see it as creating more holes in our defense. If you switch the guy around you just move the hole. Henry would be great at Safety. That said, my preference would still be to draft Nelson, Griffin, or Landry first.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Yes he did say that apparently.

Problem is he is saying this b/c he is grasping at "Save Roy Williams" straws. 11MM idiot sign on bonus plus United Way Commercials does that.

I can not, for the life of me, understand designing an entire Defensive scheme around a flawed player.

Immeasurably stupid to get 100% more from Roy to get 20% less from all others. You should not be building a D around a mistake.

My opinion.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
LOOOOOOVE IT!!! :D

If you're questioning his speed at safety, then what the hell is he doing playing corner???

One thing Henry has never been afraid of is helping in run support. That's not a concern. He's a very physical player and am absolutely revelling in this news!

They are just talking about this as a possibility and THAT'S what I love. It just opens up options for us in the draft. They can take the best available FS or CB.

I don't see it as creating more holes in our defense. If you switch the guy around you just move the hole. Henry would be great at Safety. That said, my preference would still be to draft Nelson, Griffin, or Landry first.
Some one was advocating playing a 3-3-1-4 .... Huh? So which expensive MLB do you bench instead? Lunacy masked as reason on the part of Jerra.

If Roy can't play safety and cover a TE, he has to be benched or traded. He is useless.

I wish Jerra would have just said "Roy needs to adjust to a scheme in order to help this team. Obviously we want to bring his talents to bear but not at the expense of the entire Defense."

Jerra, only sees the positive in his draft choices. Never the painful negatives. Roy gave up over 10TD passes this year. Sad.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote