Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-12-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

An All Pro FS next to "as is" Roy is not a silver bullet. Will be very upseting to see Roy continue his lackadaisical play in coverage in order to feed his ego and Jerry's.

Just hearing the talk "a FS solves all" in "Cowboy Land" disturbs my peaceful day. Logic does support this -- even with Woody back their in a 4-3 during 2003 this team got doused in the playoffs by the Carolina passing game.

With the increase in the amount of athletic, downfield TEs and pass catching RBs the old days of fat SS (Roy and S Taylor) are over. You need a FS and SS that can cover. As fan/analysts we gotta look forward, not backwards, for a good answer. So does Roy and Jerra.

I hope Jerra is talking up his talent to try and move it b/c this is not an INCENTIVE for Roy to get his body into 2007 playing shape. This is apologizing for Roy and reminds me of the "beaten wife syndrome." I must have done something to him ......

So disappointed the chatter is not placing 95% of the blame on Roy for his dismal shape, skills and lack of leadership. Watkins is fine. Henry would be fine. Roy is soooo the problem.

OT: Aaron Rouse at Va Tech? Any read on what he is in the Pros?
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know the horse is dead, but maybe if you keep beating it it will make a difference. Good plan.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
An All Pro FS next to "as is" Roy is not a silver bullet. Will be very upseting to see Roy continue his lackadaisical play in coverage in order to feed his ego and Jerry's.

Just hearing the talk "a FS solves all" in "Cowboy Land" disturbs my peaceful day. Logic does support this -- even with Woody back their in a 4-3 during 2003 this team got doused in the playoffs by the Carolina passing game.

With the increase in the amount of athletic, downfield TEs and pass catching RBs the old days of fat SS (Roy and S Taylor) are over. You need a FS and SS that can cover. As fan/analysts we gotta look forward, not backwards, for a good answer. So does Roy and Jerra.

I hope Jerra is talking up his talent to try and move it b/c this is not an INCENTIVE for Roy to get his body into 2007 playing shape. This is apologizing for Roy and reminds me of the "beaten wife syndrome." I must have done something to him ......

So disappointed the chatter is not placing 95% of the blame on Roy for his dismal shape, skills and lack of leadership. Watkins is fine. Henry would be fine. Roy is soooo the problem.

Aaron Rouse is a thug, and I would find a new team if Dallas drafted him. He's a poor man's Roy Williams in addition to just being a dirty player.

We got scorched by Carolina because Pete Hunter can't cover, and Terence Newman was much younger. Wasn't Woody's fault.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I haven't seen anybody say all we need is a FS and all will be well. So carry on with your peaceful day.

Fact of the matter is we got problems there and no real solution other than wait for Watkins to develop. That doesn't cut it for me. I want a dominating Defense! A dominant defense would solve a lot of problems on offense. ...and personally for me, it's a lot funner to watch. :D

Rouse is a worse option than Watkins. He can't cover to save his life.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
I know the horse is dead, but maybe if you keep beating it it will make a difference. Good plan.
Is this the same person who proposes we just draft Defensive Players.

Disagree all you want but not sure my repeating something is any sillier and I have not mocked you on that one.

Regardless, increasing noise levels often helps. I realize you don't believe that but it is true.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:

I haven't seen anybody say all we need is a FS and all will be well. So carry on with your peaceful day.

Fact of the matter is we got problems there and no real solution other than wait for Watkins to develop. That doesn't cut it for me. I want a dominating Defense! A dominant defense would solve a lot of problems on offense. ...and personally for me, it's a lot funner to watch. :D

Rouse is a worse option than Watkins. He can't cover to save his life.
A few points. I was asking about Rouse. Not proposing anything. You went a little farther than needed.

Also, I would tipify the tone of the current conversation in Cowboy land about getting a FS as a "silver bullet" mentality. Not saying here on this site but go to the DMN and other places. What I hear is "get a FS" and move Roy to the LOS.

Just my opinion. You have yours about a "Dominant D Now." Don't see why your desires and wishes are any lessor than mine.

Cheers.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Disagree all you want but not sure my repeating something is any sillier and I have not mocked you on that one.

Regardless, increasing noise levels often helps. I realize you don't believe that but it is true.
How is increasing noise levels on this board going to help? Is Jerry Jones reading these posts?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod
Quote:
Quote:

How is increasing noise levels on this board going to help? Is Jerry Jones reading these posts?
People read message boards and people talk.

You don't think Blogs are setting the tone of many political, economic and sports issues nowadays?????

Not a "1 Degree of Separation" argument here but a 3 or 4. Sure. Why not.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

People read message boards and people talk.

You don't think Blogs are setting the tone of many political, economic and sports issues nowadays?????

Not a "1 Degree of Separation" argument here but a 3 or 4. Sure. Why not.
I think to a degree you're correct, but politics and sports are two different things.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's pretty high hopes to think anything said here has any influence on the Cowboys front office decisions.

Seriously... of all the things ever said in this thread in all my time here... THAT is the most bizarre.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's pretty high hopes to think anything said here has any influence on the Cowboys front office decisions.

Seriously... of all the things ever said in this thread in all my time here... THAT is the most bizarre.
Didn't you know that the Jones brothers frequent this board and try to get tips from us knowledgeable fans.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Didn't you know that the Jones brothers frequent this board and try to get tips from us knowledgeable fans.
That why you gave him a finger
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:

You are taking my comments way off base and not providing much in terms of benefit of the doubt to what I actually did state.

Unfortunately, you let your "personal" opinions of me cloud the ideas I present.

The only responses I seem to get from you are "he is nuts," yet I keep coming back to the point which is that I am presenting many things which others are repeating. Right, wrong or indifferent. If you wish -- I am repeating too.

Anyway, just make your points and leave it at that please. No one here is a GM and no amount of writing changes that.

We are here for fun and if it so happens our thoughts influence someone who influences someone else who influences someone else ..... great, but we will never know either way

Columbus did not figure out the world was round but he heard it from a friend who heard it from friend ........

Cheers.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

For all the Parcells haters....

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/....32e0b679.html
Old 01-12-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Jarvis Moss is coming out.

Thule mocked him the Second to the Cowboys.

Liked him a great deal. 6'6 250 OLB. Can block FGs too it seems.

IMHO, Good catch Thule.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heres my dream pick...trade our #1 and #3 and j.j to houston for their #1, 8 overall and draft ADRIAN PETTERSON. :D :D. our running back problems and our o-line problems would dissapear. i know its just a dream but that would make my day.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
heres my dream pick...trade our #1 and #3 and j.j to houston for their #1, 8 overall and draft ADRIAN PETTERSON. :D :D. our running back problems and our o-line problems would dissapear. i know its just a dream but that would make my day.
Ya, let's trade away two valueable draft picks and a solid RB for one that is coming off of a serious injury and is unproven in the nfl. We need help on the Oline and defensive side of the ball. Not in the backfield.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Ya, let's trade away two valueable draft picks and a solid RB for one that is coming off of a serious injury and is unproven in the nfl. We need help on the Oline and defensive side of the ball. Not in the backfield.
the injury was not serious and jj is solid at best. ummmm who is a proven nfl player in the draft? adrian would make our o-line better just like emmitt did.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, I think this is a team that could benefit greatly from trading up and landing an uber-star player, as opposed to the depth benefits generated from a full 7 or 8 player draft class.

Look at last year, we traded down multiple times in order to replace the 4th rounder that we were so desperate for, and in the process ended up missing out on Marcus McNeil in the process, as well as falling all the way down to the end of the 3rd and ending up with Hatcher (which was great), only to waste our 4th rounder on a return guy who was ultimately a rookie bust (though he might end up being something in Cinncy), as well as getting a guy that was a non factor all year long, and whom we cut after TC in Stanley.

We may have been much better off just trading up for a shot at Ngata - not something that would have taken too much ammo, maybe a 3rd and 4th, but no more than a 2nd. However, last year with the players available it wasn't something that was a good idea for us and our needs. This year, though, the personal fits us much better. We could move up to get a chance at AP or Lynch, or Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams, even Alan Branch. Hell, I wouldn't even gripe if we got up to draft Landry.

The point is that we are at a spot where we are much more in need of quality than quantity, and would likely benefit more from having a super-star talent than just a "very good" player and then a bunch of lesser players who won't make the team or be buried at the end of the roster. We need one more star talent to lead this team, preferably someone on the offensive side of the ball, but I wouldn't care much either way.

Maybe I'm babbling, but it seems like we should be looking for the final peice instead of looking to add another good player to the fold. That is one reason why I think Blalock would be an excellent option, because he has a very good chance to be a dominant interior blocker, and maybe even a very fine RT. I would be happy sticking where we're at and getting him, but I also wouldn't mind moving up some and getting a shot at a top 10 quality OLB or DE.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I'd be with you on that one DWM. We don't need our 2nd rounder. We've wasted plenty of those already anyways. LOL! ...only halfway kidding...

Giving up our 1st and 2nd rounder, however, would only get us to around the 13th pick according to the draft chart. So it would have to depend on how far we can get up and who's on the board.

Probably not high enough for AD, Branch, Gaines or Anderson like you said, but Lynch and Landry... I could see that...

Lynch is a bad ass mutha@#$^! I've seen him make some unreal runs. I don't know if that's the right move for us, but he is a bad dude.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Assume the very best case scenario happens and you were in charge, how would your day one go?

1. LaRon Landry - Justin Blalock
2. Robert Meachum - Michael Griffin
3. Mason Crosby - Johnnie Lee Higgins
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9
Assume the very best case scenario happens and you were in charge, how would your day one go?

1. LaRon Landry - Justin Blalock
2. Robert Meachum - Michael Griffin
3. Mason Crosby - Johnnie Lee Higgins
Griffin at 54....get real.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd be with you on that one DWM. We don't need our 2nd rounder. We've wasted plenty of those already anyways. LOL! ...only halfway kidding...

Giving up our 1st and 2nd rounder, however, would only get us to around the 13th pick according to the draft chart. So it would have to depend on how far we can get up and who's on the board.

Probably not high enough for AD, Branch, Gaines or Anderson like you said, but Lynch and Landry... I could see that...

Lynch is a bad ass mutha@#$^! I've seen him make some unreal runs. I don't know if that's the right move for us, but he is a bad dude.
I broke down moving up for landry a couple pages back...One thing that really stuck out to me was that scott laughed at Landry in the top 10. So lets say Houston goes Branch or AD or something.. ATL is looking safety but if they for some chance went Nelson which rumor has it they will....guess who is the next team likely to go S. pick #14 Carolina...so moving up to 13 would be the perfect place for him to be available to us. Lets not forget his a LSU guy...that has to hold someweight.

I'm all for bringing in quality of quanity this offseason.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Here's hoping on gettin' Adalius Thomas!

*fingers crossed*
Old 01-12-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
the injury was not serious and jj is solid at best. ummmm who is a proven nfl player in the draft? adrian would make our o-line better just like emmitt did.
How would adrian make our line better? Smith was a good back, but let's fac e the facts, w/o a strong line he never would've come close to that record.