Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-29-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob Ryan already out as St Louis DC.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...with-rob-ryan/

The Ryan brothers are quite comical!!!

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post

Wasn't it a mutual separation though?

Anyways, I'm not gonna laugh at him just cause he's not with the team anymore. I thought he did a good job considering the injuries, but expectations are high man and he's wasn't the HC. Blame had to go somewhere.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone laughing at Rob and trying to make him the whipping boy is just lying to themselves, because our defense was DAMN GOOD before he lost half his unit. I mean, did I imagine that or were we not the #1 ranked D in the league during that time?

You wanna be excited about implementing a new scheme or moving in a different direction, be my guest, that's normal... But laughing at the dude who did a respectable job working with what he had sounds like hating just to hate. I didn't hear anyone on messageboards or on the radio calling for Rob's head during the season, why the 180 now?

Hating on the guy because he's not here anymore... really? C'mon man.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 01-29-2013 at 10:29 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Sounds like they felt that they really didn't want the 3-4 switch while that's what Ryan does. Doesn't seem too big a deal to me. They probably wanted to have a bit of a hybrid D before fully committing to the 3-4 while Ryan wanted them to go full 3-4 at first. There could always be more to it, but I don't think it looks too bad on Rob at all unless him and Fisher were already butting heads over something trivial.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Sounds like they felt that they really didn't want the 3-4 switch while that's what Ryan does. Doesn't seem too big a deal to me. They probably wanted to have a bit of a hybrid D before fully committing to the 3-4 while Ryan wanted them to go full 3-4 at first. There could always be more to it, but I don't think it looks too bad on Rob at all unless him and Fisher were already butting heads over something trivial.
He's a 3-4 coach, then why hire him in the first place.

I liked Rob as a coach, I just find it funny that the moment he gets fired he puffs out his chest with an ego saying that he'll be unemployed for all of five minutes. It's the typical Ryan bravado that has and will doom all of the Ryan's. If he could just coach and he keep his mouth shut, people wouldn't have these opinions of him.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think our advanced scouting department deserves a lot of credit getting guys to repeatedly fill holes on defense. You can be the best coach at designing schemes but if you don't have players to execute then it really doesn't matter. Our staff did a pretty nice job of getting rent a players to be the next man up.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's a 3-4 coach, then why hire him in the first place.

I liked Rob as a coach, I just find it funny that the moment he gets fired he puffs out his chest with an ego saying that he'll be unemployed for all of five minutes. It's the typical Ryan bravado that has and will doom all of the Ryan's. If he could just coach and he keep his mouth shut, people wouldn't have these opinions of him.
I'm thinking that they probably felt like they could go with the 3-4, but with the bowl game scouting they might have changed their mind. Yeah his bravado did blow back in his face, but if they bring in a 4-3 guy and stick with that then it's more of the Rams changing their mind than Rob being an asshole. If they bring in another 3-4 guy then it could be Rob rubbing people the wrong way.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not that it is a surprise but Rich Bisaccia was officially named special teams coordinator today.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a question, but how many of you guys liked Ryan as a DC? Is the majority opinion of Dallas fans if that they disliked him and not that he is gone hate him? Did some like him, but now that he is gone hate him?

I am just curious to where the majority fall when it comes Ryan.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Just a question, but how many of you guys liked Ryan as a DC? Is the majority opinion of Dallas fans if that they disliked him and not that he is gone hate him? Did some like him, but now that he is gone hate him?

I liked him but he didnt live up to the hype IMO

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check out this cool review video

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx4...t#.UQmabb9EF8E

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I liked him but he didnt live up to the hype IMO
Well he ran an aggressive system which is good. This year you guys had too many people on IR to really be stout. Also, it's not just the defense. The offense back to back years scored 14 & 18 points with the NFC Division win and playoff birth on the line.

That's not good either. However, the points given up against was bad, but the redskins game, was what it is, with the amount of people hurt. The offense HAS to do better though in those big time games, especially Romo.

My worse fear was that you guys have Garrett, Ryan and Turner as your 3 coaches. My favorite NFL system, and an aggressive defensive system. That would have been bad to play against.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah, I'm not one to swing my feelings based on whether a player/coach is on my team or not.

I liked Ryan. I loved his attitude, cockiness, and I loved how it rubbed off onto our players. He did a damn fine job developing our players... Lee and Carter are obvious, but nobody did a better job with Anthony Spencer and Jason Hatcher. He was excellent at making adjustments in order to play to our strengths and hide our weaknesses. I think because of that, he never got a fair chance to implement his full system. I think it handcuffed him to the point that he had to play way more conservative than he likes to, but necessary to keep our team in the game. His preferred defense IS NOT "bend but don't break". But that's what we had to do. ...and it worked to keep us in games. Maybe that backfired on him because ultimately Garrett said he was fired because he didn't create enough turnovers. Maybe he was faced with a no-win situation. Play safe and keep the team in the game, or play with risk and face the possibility of getting torched game to game (which would resulted in a sure firing). It really was a no win situation and it's a pity too cause he showed that he could keep RG3 in check the second time around. I think the way to beat him is to get him to run instead of pass and we did that and had a chance to win before Romo blew it.

Anyways, him being out a job is more of a product of there not being jobs opened that fit his style of play than it is a product of his inability to coach. Personally, I think he should take on a college HC position. I said that before but I think it would benefit his career greatly and I think a lot of kids would love to play with him. Combine that with his ability to develop talent.... seems to work in my brain.

Trust me... it's a challenge to be a DC when you have Tony Romo as the QB on offense... and Ryan did a hell of a job.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Well he ran an aggressive system which is good. This year you guys had too many people on IR to really be stout. Also, it's not just the defense. The offense back to back years scored 14 & 18 points with the NFC Division win and playoff birth on the line.

That's not good either. However, the points given up against was bad, but the redskins game, was what it is, with the amount of people hurt. The offense HAS to do better though in those big time games, especially Romo.

My worse fear was that you guys have Garrett, Ryan and Turner as your 3 coaches. My favorite NFL system, and an aggressive defensive system. That would have been bad to play against.
We never got to be aggressive because our secondary completely sucked in year 1, and in year 2, while we fixed CB, and were at the top of the league against the pass early in the year, everything else eventually fell apart.... and we still didn't fix Safety either. Ryan is most aggressive when he has a secondary that can cover. We never had that. We had the coach to do it, but not the players.

Pity cause Kiffin's scheme is "Bend but don't break". sigh. I'm trying to keep positive in the unknown. But when the season comes and if he sucks, I will spew hell.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
We never got to be aggressive because our secondary completely sucked in year 1, and in year 2, while we fixed CB, and were at the top of the league against the pass early in the year, everything else eventually fell apart.... and we still didn't fix Safety either. Ryan is most aggressive when he has a secondary that can cover. We never had that.
His firing was a complete surprise to me. I know a lot of Dallas fans thought so just by reading their various posts. I'd rather face old man Kiffin than that Ryan scheme.

I want to see how effective Ware is a 4-3. I would be surprised if he is good in a 4-3 scheme.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
His firing was a complete surprise to me. I know a lot of Dallas fans thought so just by reading their various posts. I'd rather face old man Kiffin than that Ryan scheme.

I want to see how effective Ware is a 4-3. I would be surprised if he is good in a 4-3 scheme.
He has to be or Jerry will look like the biggest clown in the world.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
If we continue to add pieces to the line I think he will be fine. If the route continues to be roll with the guys we have and let Ware get pressure this defense is in trouble.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, I mean sometimes I think what happened if LT was in a 43 system. What if he played now in a 43 system? So I am very interested in to see how Ware does on the LOS without a full head start. Can he withstand playing on the LOS game after game with all the double teams and pounding? Can he play the run effectively if they are doubling him with an OT and TE?

So I am looking forward to seeing Ware play DE. If he does become unproductive it will be interesting what happens. That's the thing though, you say he will look like the biggest clown, however, who cares? In the sense, that no one gets fired. He won't step down from CEO, GM, President, CFO, COO, Architect, Engineer, Lawnman, Marketing Director, and all the other titles that follow him. That's the problem, he does what he wants, if it fails, he doesn't have any checks or balances on himself.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We never got to be aggressive because our secondary completely sucked in year 1, and in year 2, while we fixed CB, and were at the top of the league against the pass early in the year, everything else eventually fell apart.... and we still didn't fix Safety either. Ryan is most aggressive when he has a secondary that can cover. We never had that. We had the coach to do it, but not the players.

Pity cause Kiffin's scheme is "Bend but don't break". sigh. I'm trying to keep positive in the unknown. But when the season comes and if he sucks, I will spew hell.
LOL This sounds an awful lot like the things you said about Romo needing everything "perfect" in order to win. Give Ryan a geat secondary, some studs up front and 2 Pro Bowl middle LBs, along with a healthy Ware, and he'd be a great DC. But do to injuries this year and lack of talent last year he gets a pass in your eyes? I think Ryan is a good DC, far from being in his dads class thats for sure.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:53 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
LOL This sounds an awful lot like the things you said about Romo needing everything "perfect" in order to win. Give Ryan a geat secondary, some studs up front and 2 Pro Bowl middle LBs, along with a healthy Ware, and he'd be a great DC. But do to injuries this year and lack of talent last year he gets a pass in your eyes? I think Ryan is a good DC, far from being in his dads class thats for sure.
We had studs up front? Where? We have 2 Pro Bowl MLBs? Cause Lee and Carter have never been there before. We should at least wait for that to happen before we call them that... but I know... at least we had them for a handful of games this year. So Ryan shouldn't complain about that. Half a season is plenty enough. Sarcasm aside, I really think that he could've been more aggressive even with all the guys off the street in the front 7 and a broken down Ware if we had cover safeties. The combination of Sensabaugh, McCray, Frampton and Peprah handicapped us more than anything else on D.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanted to point out that RG3 was a shell of himself in that second game. I wouldn't give Ryan too much credit for that. In fact the defense should've been able to create more pressure and turnovers based on RG3 being gimpy.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:49 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I just wanted to point out that RG3 was a shell of himself in that second game. I wouldn't give Ryan too much credit for that. In fact the defense should've been able to create more pressure and turnovers based on RG3 being gimpy.
Not to mention being shredded by Alfred Morris.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:16 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yep. I read it the same way and chuckled but that's how it's going to work. :) Disregard horrendous blocking, Felix Jones as a primary RB, and Kevin Ogletree as a #2 WR but use excuses for Rob due to liking him.

The move away from Rob was due to the changing of schemes to fit under the cap. We didn't have the pieces to continue trotting out the 3-4 and both JG and JJ had been interested in playing the 4-3 on defense. It was a money move.

Rob was a distinctly average to good DC not to be idolized nor to be hated.

Last edited by Trogdor : 01-31-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Yep. I read it the same way and chuckled but that's how it's going to work. :) Disregard horrendous blocking, Felix Jones as a primary RB, and Kevin Ogletree as a #2 WR but use excuses for Rob due to liking him.

The move away from Rob was due to the changing of schemes to fit under the cap. We didn't have the pieces to continue trotting out the 3-4 and both JG and JJ had been interested in playing the 4-3 on defense. It was a money move.

Rob was a distinctly average to good DC not to be idolized nor to be hated.
You could say the same situation about any average coordinator. If you put all the pieces around them, they should do well.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Do you guys think Larry Allen will get in on his first ballot?