Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-14-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkNiGht08
Our team will stay like this untill Parcells leaves. He is too soft, conservative and old school. The game has evolved. Parcells goes for players with respect and good family history iinstead of players with speed, swagger and hunger. Parcells was given soo much talent, but the still he wasnt able totake them to beyond first round. He gives them the show me speech? wWTF is that I want my coach to get up and ******* give me a god**** speech instead of saying okay guys quit talking and start showing.. I hope retires. Zimmer is already gone, so thats a step forward. With Parcells here, We will never draft Peterson or even Lynch.

sorrykthxbye
Yeah, that is why Baltimore and the Chargers are going to crush New England and the Indianapolis this weekend.

They have more talent and speed and swagger and hunger. (** Incredible to have to read such drivel after this weekends results **)
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont understand this obsession with Lynch and Peterson... Dont get me wrong they are great prospects but RB is not a need.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeys
I dont understand this obsession with Lynch and Peterson... Dont get me wrong they are great prospects but RB is not a need.
Because either one is a play maker and potential All World RB.

Because Julius and Barber are place setters and back ups

Because one may fall far enough we could get them
Old 01-14-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Our team will stay like this untill Parcells leaves. He is too soft, conservative and old school. The game has evolved. Parcells goes for players with respect and good family history iinstead of players with speed, swagger and hunger. Parcells was given soo much talent, but the still he wasnt able totake them to beyond first round. He gives them the show me speech? wWTF is that I want my coach to get up and ******* give me a god**** speech instead of saying okay guys quit talking and start showing.. I hope retires. Zimmer is already gone, so thats a step forward. With Parcells here, We will never draft Peterson or even Lynch.

sorrykthxbye
Yeah, that is why Baltimore and the Chargers are going to crush New England and the Indianapolis this weekend.

They have more talent and speed and swagger and hunger. (** Incredible to have to read such drivel after this weekends results **)
I still can not believe this original post after this weekend. It was as if we just ignored the results to repeat some silly platitude from a Fan bulletin board. Shis boom bah, rah rah rah.

Then he contradicts himself in his own paragraph. One minute BP is an idiot for the "show me speech" and the next second BP should just say "okay guys quit talking and start showing."

Wow. Just wow.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
DaRkNiGht08
Rookie

DaRkNiGht08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:

sorrykthxbye

And that is why they played today and the 'boys didnt.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

sorrykthxbye

So are you trying to say that Indianapolis and New England had more "players with speed, swagger and hunger" then the Ravens and Chargers?

And since BP does not want "players with speed, swagger and hunger" he is an idiot?

Is this your contribution to "opinion" here?
Old 01-14-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

sorrykthxbye

Boys did not play today because Terry Glenn fumbled a ball in the end zone and Tony Romo fumbled a snap for a sure game winning FG.

How the F this is an indication of BP being a bad coach is only something the mentally handicap could fathom to justify.

But go right ahead........
Old 01-14-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
DaRkNiGht08
Rookie

DaRkNiGht08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

sorrykthxbye

So are you trying to say that Indianapolis and New England had more "players with speed, swagger and hunger" then the Ravens and Chargers?

And since BP does not want "players with speed, swagger and hunger" he is an idiot?

Is this your contribution to "opinion" here?
Im trying to say that our team has no emotion, fire and lacks urgency.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well get over it! Parcells will NOT draft either one of them...

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
o.k. prophet who will he draft? lets hear it.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

I have no idea but its pretty clear we arent drafting either of those two.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
thats right you have no idea. we probably wont but its an idea. whats yours?
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
A lot of this is speculation. It's not clear at all who we will draft. I'm sure you weren't saying this when we drafting Fasano last year.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

At this point I hope we draft Blalock or Rice. But it may change depending upon free agent signings and what not...

Old 01-14-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
At this point I hope we draft Blalock or Rice. But it may change depending upon free agent signings and what not...
I'd be in favor of Blalock all day.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 01-14-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

I think Blalock has to be the guy we go after...unless we decide that free safety truly is a need. So, I suggest that we have a nice, logical debate about whether or not we need to either draft a free safety in the first round or pick one up in free agency.

Here's my take:
-We have a guy in Patrick Watkins who played very well this year at times, but was very inconsistent. I still think he has starting potential.

-On the other hand, Mick suggests that Roy needs to be teamed with an all-pro safety or someone who will make him work harder: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=1

-Should we try to adapt our schemes more to fit guys like Roy, especially on passing downs?

-Would it hurt to have the extra safety depth by spending a first day pick on a safety?

What do you think?
Old 01-14-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
I think Blalock has to be the guy we go after...unless we decide that free safety truly is a need. So, I suggest that we have a nice, logical debate about whether or not we need to either draft a free safety in the first round or pick one up in free agency.

Here's my take:
-We have a guy in Patrick Watkins who played very well this year at times, but was very inconsistent. I still think he has starting potential.

-On the other hand, Mick suggests that Roy needs to be teamed with an all-pro safety or someone who will make him work harder: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=1

-Should we try to adapt our schemes more to fit guys like Roy, especially on passing downs?

-Would it hurt to have the extra safety depth by spending a first day pick on a safety?

What do you think?
I want Dick LeBeau! I doubt he's staying in Pittsburgh after their whole coaching staff has disappeared.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We could've beaten Chicago today... Ugh...
Old 01-14-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:

Here's my take:

What do you think?
I'm in favor of signing a free agent safety and drafting a conerback. I don't know what will come of the move with Henry. Now it's all speculation. I see nothing wrong with going with a solid vet and Watkins. Play Roy closer to the line.

Albert Camus
Old 01-14-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

I like the Henry move. He's a very active defensive player with his hands who really doesn't have the speed to stay with #1 guys. Plus, he's 6'2" and that should help in preventing the jump ball plays that have beaten us lately.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble
Quote:

Here's my take:

What do you think?
I want Dick LeBeau! I doubt he's staying in Pittsburgh after their whole coaching staff has disappeared.
That would be nice. If the Steelers hire Grimm, then chances are he would stay on . If not, then all bets are off.

Albert Camus
Old 01-14-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Like to point out that two (2) of BP's New England draft picks basically won the game for their teams this weekend. Troy Brown with the strip after the INT and Vinatieri with 5 FGs.

If passion and excitement win games someone has to explain Baltimore and San Diego losing at home to two boring teams in the Colts and New England.

What I learned today -- all the hyper ventilating on the sideline and all the talent don't mean much if you don't execute when it matters.

Go Indy.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble
We could've beaten Chicago today... Ugh...
If Glenn and Romo don't fumble.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
I see. Great line of reasoning.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
On the other hand, Mick suggests that Roy needs to be teamed with an all-pro safety or someone who will make him work harder: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=1 What do you think?
To borrow a Kim Etheridge Quote "Roy has 25MM reasons" to work harder.

The fact he is perceived by anyone as anything other than hard working is putrid.

But it does explain his play.