Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-11-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
So whats your guys thoughts on the KC game? They have a really good front 7, dont see us running on them much at all. If we can stop JC then I think we'll win something like 23-16 or so. Hopefully Romo has time so our WRs can take over.
Andy Reid has an advantage. He knows us better than we know him and his new team.

That said, if we are as good as we are on paper, then this game will be victorious for us. I'm not as scared of Alex Smith as I am with Eli and their WRs are containable. Plus I think Brandon Carr will be highly motivated in his return to KC. I think our run defense will be a strength for us all year. JC will be held in check.

Road wins are always tough.

Prediction: DAL 17, KC 13
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In terms of KC's offense I'm not too concerned at their personnel, but the Andy Reid factor is a major one considering he's done so much damage while in Philly. Of course that doesn't mean that he'll tear the Cowboys' D apart because they haven't done it in a while, and it's a new defense.

KC's defense though is pretty good. I'm hoping that Waters is just good enough to keep from being a major hole like Mack was on Sunday. If Romo gets time good things will happen, but Hali and Houston could really tear Free up on that side if they just keep moving whoever is hot over there. This is where Witten plays a big role. Don't know if Escobar or Hanna have it yet, but if the Cowboys really want to make a big deal out of the 12 personnel then this game is a great opportunity for it.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a good test for this team. This is a typical trap game for the Cowboys, big win on National TV, all of Dallas and Jerrah telling them how great they are, go on the road to a team that on paper isn't as good. The old Cowboys, this is a loss, with Romo throwing 3 INTs.

Doesn't mean we're done if they lose, but this is a test of how far this team has come.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Andy Reid has an advantage. He knows us better than we know him and his new team.

That said, if we are as good as we are on paper, then this game will be victorious for us. I'm not as scared of Alex Smith as I am with Eli and their WRs are containable. Plus I think Brandon Carr will be highly motivated in his return to KC. I think our run defense will be a strength for us all year. JC will be held in check.

Road wins are always tough.

Prediction: DAL 17, KC 13
This team has not over achieved since 1991/92 if you ask me.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLatJerrahJones View Post
This team has not over achieved since 1991/92 if you ask me.
Well, I didn't say if we were better than we are on paper...

In other news... Jamal Charles was held out of Wednesday's practice (Quad injury). Reid thinks he'll play but Charles has been injury prone in the past. Might not be that hard to make him a non-factor.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dontari Poe vs Travis Frederick will be a key matchup this week. Poe was dominant in week 1, the last thing we want to happen is the running game to stall and being forced to become pass happy. Arrowhead gets LOUD, especially with this being the home opener of the Reid era, and Hali/Houston off the edge will be a handful for Tyron and Free. That's a recipe for disaster.

I just feel like we're walking into a buzzsaw, flashbacks of Seattle.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 09-11-2013 at 05:17 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Dontari Poe vs Travis Frederick will be a key matchup this week. Poe was dominant in week 1, the last thing we want to happen is the running game to stall and being forced to become pass happy. Arrowhead gets LOUD, especially with this being the home opener of the Reid era, and Hali/Houston off the edge will be a handful for Tyron and Free. That's a recipe for disaster.

I just feel like we're walking into a buzzsaw, flashbacks of Seattle.
Murray did well running to the outside. Hopefully Callahan calls more sweeps behind Tyron. Or screens.

I'm surprised Poe is actually turning into a good football player. Can't wait to see it for my own eyes. I thought he was a bust waiting to happen.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Did anyone notice Justin Durant on Sunday?
Old 09-12-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 thing I'm stoked about is the Giants playing the Broncos and the Redskins playing the Packers, very big chance we are 2-0 and the 2 biggest contenders are 0-2. I had Washington winning the division also so a 2 game lead in September would be nice.

In fact, next games are Chiefs, Rams, Chargers. Anything other then 3-0 during that stretch would be a huge let down. Granted we can lose any given week, but we are much better teams then any of those teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
So whats your guys thoughts on the KC game? They have a really good front 7, dont see us running on them much at all. If we can stop JC then I think we'll win something like 23-16 or so. Hopefully Romo has time so our WRs can take over.
I agree with it being a trap game and one the typical Cowboys lose. I think it'll be close again, because for the life of me we just can't blow anyone out. We let everyone creep back into the game, probably because we won't run the ball. We always have to have drama in our games but I think we win because the Chiefs just can't score that many points. I think we can score 24+ and it'll be tough for them.

27-21 Cowboys

Quote:
Old 09-12-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how it's a trap game. It's too early in the season for that, and both teams have the same record. The Chiefs sucked royally last year, but that means little now considering it's a new season. If the Cowboys overlook them they deserve to lose because you really never know how good an NFL team is going to be these days. Playoff teams are like turnstiles with every year having multiple teams being there that didn't the previous year, so Garrett should be hard on the guys this week like every week with his "stack a good day on top of another good day" mantra.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

For me when I think trap game I think about us coming off a nice victory where we look good and start to talk about how we might be a changed team this year. So then we start counting off the next 2-3 wins in a row as likely W's before the tough opponent and usually that first game in a row is the trap game because your looking/thinking too far ahead (kinda like what I just did a few post ago lol).

I'm not sure if that's the textbook definition but it's how I perceive it and wouldn't be surprised if we lose. This is a team who won 2 games last year and only added Alex Smith, if we can't beat them it's a very good sign we'll be 8-8 again because we can't every sustain any consistency to get a win streak going.

Quote:
Old 09-12-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
For me when I think trap game I think about us coming off a nice victory where we look good and start to talk about how we might be a changed team this year. So then we start counting off the next 2-3 wins in a row as likely W's before the tough opponent and usually that first game in a row is the trap game because your looking/thinking too far ahead (kinda like what I just did a few post ago lol).
That's exactly what a trap game is...this game isn't a trap game. KC is formidable, but the Boys are better(on paper). They SHOULD win this game, but they(and we...the fans) SHOULDN"T think it's going to be a cakewalk either.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
That's exactly what a trap game is...this game isn't a trap game. KC is formidable, but the Boys are better(on paper). They SHOULD win this game, but they(and we...the fans) SHOULDN"T think it's going to be a cakewalk either.
Exactly. That's the whole point. I'm sure you highlighted it because that is the key part, and I've seen us get rolled many times when we shouldn't have assumed we would have won either. I thought Seattle was formidable last year, not a cakewalk, but a bad team who we should have chalked up as a win. Rookie QB, no passing game, can't keep up with our offense, etc etc etc.

All sounds familiar.

Quote:
Old 09-12-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

I'm not sure if that's the textbook definition but it's how I perceive it and wouldn't be surprised if we lose. This is a team who won 2 games last year and only added Alex Smith, if we can't beat them it's a very good sign we'll be 8-8 again because we can't every sustain any consistency to get a win streak going.
I see what you're saying. There's probably like 10 million different variations of trap game floating around. lol

I really hope they aren't counting off different wins they can get besides focusing on the next week. With the current crop of Cowboys it's all about keeping the hype for themselves down and playing with a chip on their shoulder. That's how the guys on D were playing, especially Barry Church. When he finds the ball he's like, "**** that I'm stopping it." He's making me a fan big time. Now we just need the offense to go off like that. I can see Dez being that guy since he's got a lot of fire in him. Maybe even Harris since he was really good on special teams. I like seeing guys on a mission.

Also, I didn't notice Justin Durant at all. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing. They played nickel a lot, so I can imagine that his playing time was reduced some with the Giants being pass happy after the turnovers. This will be a good test for the linebackers, but I'm thinking that Sean Lee and Bruce Carter steal the show so much that poor Durant will just sort of be there like Al Singleton was when Coakley and Dat were flying like demons back in 2003.

Old 09-13-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I see what you're saying. There's probably like 10 million different variations of trap game floating around. lol

I really hope they aren't counting off different wins they can get besides focusing on the next week. With the current crop of Cowboys it's all about keeping the hype for themselves down and playing with a chip on their shoulder. That's how the guys on D were playing, especially Barry Church. When he finds the ball he's like, "**** that I'm stopping it." He's making me a fan big time. Now we just need the offense to go off like that. I can see Dez being that guy since he's got a lot of fire in him. Maybe even Harris since he was really good on special teams. I like seeing guys on a mission.

Also, I didn't notice Justin Durant at all. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing. They played nickel a lot, so I can imagine that his playing time was reduced some with the Giants being pass happy after the turnovers. This will be a good test for the linebackers, but I'm thinking that Sean Lee and Bruce Carter steal the show so much that poor Durant will just sort of be there like Al Singleton was when Coakley and Dat were flying like demons back in 2003.
Al Singleton! Never thought I'd hear his name again! hahahaha bravo.

I think Durant will turn out to be a key pick up, but yeah... I didn't notice him.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen drops a pick on KCs opening TD drive and Carter drops a pick 6 at the end of the half. Game could be much different but we are up 3 and the D has settled down and is applying good presure. The PI on Dez was BS!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Typical cowboy drive inside the 20. We've dominated the game ever since the 1st drive and are only up 6. This offensive scheme is so limiting inside the 20.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st and goal from the 5 and Fredrick gets abused by Poe again and horrible play calling. Give Dez a chance out there 1 on 1

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Oh good, now we're losing a game to a team that is average at best and who has done nothing outside of 2 drives. Awesome.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I was going to rant but didn't think anyone was here.

Frederick didn't get abused both he and Bernie ignored Poe and acted like he didn't even exist. Let him go untouched. Not fun for Romo either way.

Anytime we get in the red zone you could probably call 3 straight fades, back-shoulder throws, or quick slants to Dez and probably be more successful than our normal rate. I don't understand our red zone playcalling it is freaking baffling. Flowers CANNOT cover Dez 1v1 and we refuse to abuse it in the red zone.

That Pass INT on Dez was laughable. Flowers held him 20 yards down the field and Dez smacks his arm away and it's pass interference ... Obviously Dez has to carry Flowers and make the catch.

Chiefs finally look down the field and take advantage of our aggressiveness. Sean Lee AND Bruce Carter both bit hard on a pump and it's an easy TD. If either one stays at home it's probably an INT.

Chiefs are a borderline playoff team. They had Matt Cassell starting last year and an AWFUL coach. Vastly different team than last year but we still should be ahead more than we are. Down to missed opportunities again -_- Cannot settle for FGs in the red zone.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the hell Dunbar....

HIGH AND TIGHT. I don't care if his knee ends up being down that is a bonehead rookie mistake. You cannot carry the ball that low and expect to keep it.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Wish I could be watching this with you guys.

Watching this Philly/San Diego game though. Keenan Allen is rippin' it up. Should've taken him ahead of T-Will.

Last edited by D-Unit : 09-15-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Wish I could be watching this with you guys.
Promise you don't. Everything that we were having success with is not being called. Instead we're calling long developing routes against blitzes. Honestly dink-and-dunk at this point would work. We still don't call running plays especially ones we traditionally are good at (stretches, sweeps, and misdirections) and IMHO Callahan's passing calls are less effective than when JG was calling them. Honestly getting fed up watching our offense.

Romo just got destroyed on a overload blitz for a sack/fumble.

ROFL - Spencer once again losing contain on the QB.

Thank God for Bruce Carter. That was a SEXY blitz.

Last edited by Trogdor : 09-15-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

This offense is just frustrating.