Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
areed842
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

next year kick returner: austin or thompson?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes
I can't stand to be quiet any longer. Cowboysforever what is so hard to understand here? RW will come into camp next year as the starting SS, and thats the bottom line.
Maybe. Still does not solve the Coverage problems presented by RW under any scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes
Stop with your stupid RW fantasies, you've said your bit now get over it. You have a right to express your opinion on this board, but why do you have to say the same thing about RW 100 times?
Because I have acadre of individuals who have "RW fantasies" where he actually plays well. Talk about Madden football. Let us ignore the facts on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes
This isn't fantasy football, and it isn't Madden. And YOU are not the GM of the Cowboys. Jerry paid this guy because like it or not he is a cornerstone of this franchise. He sells jerseys, he sells tickets, he makes highlight hits, he is durable (82 straight starts) and has made big plays throughout his career.
So keep Roy to lose football games but sell of few trinkets? Top line thinking chap. Sadly, it sounds like Jerra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes
We are all in agreement that his coverage has been bad, and his tackling has left much to be desired of late. This discussion was fine last year, before Jerry gave away millions to Roy, BUT, with that contract he will not be traded, nor will he be released.
I have discussed the contract but folks are not reading or can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes
We can hope he improves because he will be on the field again next year.
Amen because he was awful this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes
Oh and RW is NOT a LB, never has been never will be he is a Safety, the RW to LB stuff is garbage too. Roy has never been willing to take on blockers, what is he going to do when 300 pound guards and tackles are coming his way on every play? This is not madden people, RW is a SS.
Uh, I am not the only one who thinks he can play 4-3 OLB in a different scheme. Thomas Davis did it. He is not a 3-4 OLB, duh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes
So..can we discuss how this defense can be improved besides cutting or trading half the defense?? All this doom and gloom after a tough playoff loss. Get it together people, the difference between us crying for half the defense's heads, and us playing the Saints on Sunday is such a fine margin.
When did I say we cut half the D? Please find it somewhere. It has never been written by me or anyone else on this board. Again, making things up to hear yourself think and see yourself write empty platitudes.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,625
Reputation: 2345985
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
I want to see your data about whether Roy can either be traded this offseason or whether he will be changing positions.
FACT. Roy can be cut or traded by March (when he gets his roster bonus) for less than $2MM Cap hit. Go do some homework and look up the particulars of his contract. I do. I don't make up opinions without some analysis
FALSE!!!! Make sure your homework is RIGHT next time! Homework that is wrong is still WRONG!

Roy signed a 4 year 25.2M dollar contract, with 11.1M in guaranteed bonus money. The bonus money is divided up over the life of the contract. Roy earned 2.775M of it for this season. Which leaves an 8.325M dollar cap hit if we cut him.

We WILL NOT cut him and that is a FACT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
FACT. I dunno if he can change positions or not. I know he is not a 3-4 OLB and he is not playing like NFL Quality Starting SS. Why can I say this. 40% of all Cowboy Passing TDs come from TE and RB. This is the SS job. 20% for rest of the league.
How can you say "FACT" and then say, "I dunno"...

Fact of the matter is that regardless of that stat you put out, that does not disquantify Roy as a Safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Cause it does not make any sense for us to cut him.
Why? Where are the facts? Show me one fact as to why he can not be cut. This is your opinion based on your desire to salvage Roy and see him on ESPN hitting some WR. Pure testosterone.
8.325M dollar cap buddy. We just signed him to a 4 year extension thru the 2010 season last year. Show me the number of guys in the history of this league who signed a 4 year extension and the following year, he gets cut? It's unprecedented!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Covering up your weaknesses and expoiting your strengths are what football coaching and strategy is all about. To say that we cannot cover or hide a weakness and still improve the level of play is false.
Why? Where are the facts? Show me one fact as to why this is true. This is just your opinion because you ar PROJECTING. I have mine because I am PROJECTING.
Seriously, you are digging yourself a hole here. Are you saying that coaches do not try to hide their team's weaknesses and exploit their strengths in developing game strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Again, as BBD said the problem is SS not FS and we will continue to suck in pass coverage unless there is an upgrade in how that spot is played. With or without RW -- this is a good conclusion to draw.
Nobody disagrees that Roy needs to improve his pass coverage. Certainly, if he can improve, so will our defense. Yet, you cannot tell me that the only way to improve our pass defense is by cutting him or moving him to another position.

You're not making sense man. Let's just talk hypothetical, just so that I can prove my point. If Ed Reed were our FS playing opposite of Roy, are you telling me that our pass defense would not improve?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,781
Reputation: 35211
DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

When are people going to get a clue?
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,625
Reputation: 2345985
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
When are people going to get a clue?
I wish I would've visited this thread more often. I love owning this new guy! :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
I want to see your data about whether Roy can either be traded this offseason or whether he will be changing positions.
FACT. Roy can be cut or traded by March (when he gets his roster bonus) for less than $2MM Cap hit. Go do some homework and look up the particulars of his contract. I do. I don't make up opinions without some analysis
FALSE!!!! Make sure your homework is RIGHT next time! Homework that is wrong is still WRONG!

Roy signed a 4 year 25.2M dollar contract, with 11.1M in guaranteed bonus money. The bonus money is divided up over the life of the contract. Roy earned 2.775M of it for this season. Which leaves an 8.325M dollar cap hit if we cut him.

We WILL NOT cut him and that is a FACT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
FACT. I dunno if he can change positions or not. I know he is not a 3-4 OLB and he is not playing like NFL Quality Starting SS. Why can I say this. 40% of all Cowboy Passing TDs come from TE and RB. This is the SS job. 20% for rest of the league.
How can you say "FACT" and then say, "I dunno"...

Fact of the matter is that regardless of that stat you put out, that does not disquantify Roy as a Safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Cause it does not make any sense for us to cut him.
Why? Where are the facts? Show me one fact as to why he can not be cut. This is your opinion based on your desire to salvage Roy and see him on ESPN hitting some WR. Pure testosterone.
8.325M dollar cap buddy. We just signed him to a 4 year extension thru the 2010 season last year. Show me the number of guys in the history of this league who signed a 4 year extension and the following year, he gets cut? It's unprecedented!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Covering up your weaknesses and expoiting your strengths are what football coaching and strategy is all about. To say that we cannot cover or hide a weakness and still improve the level of play is false.
Why? Where are the facts? Show me one fact as to why this is true. This is just your opinion because you ar PROJECTING. I have mine because I am PROJECTING.
Seriously, you are digging yourself a hole here. Are you saying that coaches do not try to hide their team's weaknesses and exploit their strengths in developing game strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Again, as BBD said the problem is SS not FS and we will continue to suck in pass coverage unless there is an upgrade in how that spot is played. With or without RW -- this is a good conclusion to draw.
Nobody disagrees that Roy needs to improve his pass coverage. Certainly, if he can improve, so will our defense. Yet, you cannot tell me that the only way to improve our pass defense is by cutting him or moving him to another position.

You're not making sense man. Let's just talk hypothetical, just so that I can prove my point. If Ed Reed were our FS playing opposite of Roy, are you telling me that our pass defense would not improve?
1 Bonus was 5.5. Another 5.5 due in March as a roster bonus.

2 So stats don't matter when measuring Roy? OK.

3 It is a FACT that I don't know if he can play 4-3 OLB. I can tell the difference between facts and opinions. So stop word F ing. You are not good at it.

4 Unprecedented? Try benching Adam Archuleta. But since his Cap hit is not what you say it is .....

5 Of course teams try to expose weaknesses. I just said RW is nearly impossible to HIDE because to do so it exposes the rest of the Defense to huge plays. 1 Deep versus 2 means more big plays. HEY NOW!

6 You guys want Roy to play LB and SS AT THE SAME TIME. Talk about Madden. "Yeah, he can do it all. Cover. Rush. Play Run. Without exposing the D to other big risks."

7 I am saying that with enablers and people kissing his arse (like most of you) RW will never improve. Why. He is on ESPN twice. Once with the big hit" and the other time getting burned for a game losing TD. Then idiot owner comes around kissing your arse while your head coach is ignoring you.

8 Ed Reed would hypothetically improve the D because it improves our FS position. Ed Reed does not help the SS play better. In fact, if Ed had to bail out RW he would actually play worse.

Pass D is only as good as the weakest link. That is RW.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 3,947
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
When are people going to get a clue?
i did
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
When are people going to get a clue?
Ostrich.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,078
Reputation: 41
cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
When are people going to get a clue?
I wish I would've visited this thread more often. I love owning this new guy! :D
Keep flipping your burgers and repeating the "I own" anything idea.

Like clicking heals and saying RW will get better! Same fantasy.

You have lots of opinions -- of which all come from ESPN. Just opinions without facts.

But anyway, I got all day by the PC to enjoy "the clowns in the circus."
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 3,947
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
When are people going to get a clue?
I wish I would've visited this thread more often. I love owning this new guy! :D
d i posted this a few pages back but it got blown off and i was told it is wrong. i stand by it but im not a "cap genius" so....

Quick salary cap tutorial: For cap purposes, signing bonuses are pro-rated over the life of a contract, even though they are actually paid all in one year. This year Roy signed a 5-year deal worth $25.2 million with an $11.1 million signing bonus. So, pro-rating that out, Roy's signing bonus gives a cap hit of $2.22 million a year ($11.1M divided by 5). According to the NFLPA website, Roy's base salary this year was $585K, which means that although he was actually paid $11,685,000 this season, for the purposes of the salary cap he only counted $2,805,000 (base salary of $585,000 + $2.22M pro-rated portion of signing bonus).

Sounds great, right? Pay the player now, but don't use all your cap space. That's how the 'Skins sign those big FA deals every year. But the kicker is that as soon as the player in question is no longer on the team (whether it be due to being released, traded, retirement, whatever), the rest of the pro-rated portion of the bonus is accelerated into the current year for salary cap purposes.

So, again applying the real world numbers as they relate to RW: were he to be released or traded this off-season, the remainder ($8.88M) of his pro-rated signing bonus would count against our cap this year. That's why you never see big name trades in the NFL - if they've gotten paid, they're not getting traded, because no team is going to be willing to take the cap hit.
_________________
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,625
Reputation: 2345985
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Let's have an ignoring contest. Whoever responds to cowboysforever first loses!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 3,947
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Let's have an ignoring contest. Whoever responds to cowboysforever first loses!
starting........NOW :D
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,781
Reputation: 35211
DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

When is a moderator going to do something about his guy? At what point does it constitute trolling when a single person hijacks an entire thread and turns every person on the board against him, resulting in page after page of drivel and worthless back and forth? It's starting to wear me out. I am a frequent visitor to this site, I try to be considerate and respectful of others (though I do lose my patience at times) while doing my best to contribute in a positive way to the thread.

Not that I want to impinge upon a person's right to express their opinion, but when a single poster creates so much havoc on a thread that no other reasonable discussion is possible, that would seem to me as the time when a moderator should intervene. I could be wrong, but I am really getting sick of this crap.
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 369
Reputation: 2968
jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.
Default

I give up, its Tex Mex treatment for me from now on, won't read it, won't respond to it

BTW per NFLPA the contract is $11.1 MIL in bonus money paid in two installments thats gauranteed money. with bases of:
2006:585,000
2007:595,000
2008:3.72 MIL
2009:4.4 MIL
2010:4.05 MIL

Cutting or trading Williams now would mean that the prorated signing bonus of $ 8.8 MIL hits our cap this year minus the base salary of 595,000 means a net cap hit of roughly 8.2 MIL. Cutting or trading him after the 2007 season would be a much more managable cap hit of 5.5 MIL minus the base salary of 3.72 MIL for a net hit of only about 1.8 MIL. Cutting him after the 2008 season would be even better as it would mean the cap hit would be 4.4 MIL minus the base salary of 4.4 MIL for no net cap hit.

In conclusion RW will play for the boys in 06 and most likely 07, whether he sucks or not.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,781
Reputation: 35211
DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Cutting or trading Williams now would mean that the prorated signing bonus of $ 8.8 MIL hits our cap this year minus the base salary of 595,000 means a net cap hit of roughly 8.2 MIL. Cutting or trading him after the 2007 season would be a much more managable cap hit of 5.5 MIL minus the base salary of 3.72 MIL for a net hit of only about 1.8 MIL. Cutting him after the 2008 season would be even better as it would mean the cap hit would be 4.4 MIL minus the base salary of 4.4 MIL for no net cap hit.

In conclusion RW will play for the boys in 06 and most likely 07, whether he sucks or not.
The question, I believe, is whether or not the entire 11.5m bonus was all designated as "signing bonus" or whether a large portion is designated for a roster bonus at the beginning of the 07 business year. My understanding when the deal was first announced was that it was all paid up front as signing bonus money, and that he had an additional roster bonus to be paid later....but maybe I was wrong. A link would be nice to back up all these points being made.
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 369
Reputation: 2968
jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.
Default

You are right DMW, should've posted links. Unfortuantly I can't find a link if the 11.1 MIL was broken down into two payments of 5.5 MIL, but it really doesn't matter both links say guaranteed 11.1 MIL. I had heard somewhere NFL network I think that it was two payments which makes sense because of the base salaries he makes roughly $6M, $6M, then 4isheach of the last 3 years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2537375

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...F0F312D04F59BC

Base salaries can be found at NFLPA here:

http://nflpa.com/Resources/ActivePla....aspx?id=32984

unfortunately you can't actually read the contract unless you are an agent or advisor, but it doesn't matter because the money is guaranteed and therefore counts as part of the signing bonus whether its one payment or two. This isn't a roster bonus, a roster bonus isn't guaranteed.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London
Posts: 1,873
Reputation: 3626
D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.
Default

ha! i've enjoyed reading the past couple of pages of this thread...

I guess you guys now know what it's like for us Falcons fans to try to explain to idiots why we are not going to cut or trade Mike Vick... :roll:
__________________
TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"
D-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
ncbigbody
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austin, TX.
Posts: 551
Reputation: 27
ncbigbody hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

It really doesnt matter if Roy Williams gave us no cap hit if we cut him. It's not going to happen.

One bad year is not going to warrant cutting a player that has been the face of the Dallas Cowboys for the last 5 years. He will come out and try to prove his doubters come next season, until then, everyone just drop the SS position.
__________________

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan
ncbigbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,781
Reputation: 35211
DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I just want to take a moment aside to bemoan our inability to grap Gabe Watson in the draft last year. As most remember, he was projected by some as a first round pick, and was a prototype NT prospect who simply had a questionable motor along with durability problems. He ended up going in the early 4th round to Arizona, for whom I understand he played pretty well. Looking back, we basically wasted our 4th anyway, and it woudn't have taken much more than a 6th rounder (which we also basically wasted, cutting him at the first of the season, though he made it back eventually) to get up far enough to nab him.

The biggest knocks on him were that a) he didn't always give his best effort and took plays off and b) had stamina problems that heavily conributed to the first knock. Otherwise, he had the perfect body and build. Would have been the absolute best imaginable backup NT. Playing in spurts, he may have even outplayed Fergie at times. Anyway, it's water under the bridge now, but I sure wish we could have made it happen. :(
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,943
Reputation: 3938479
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The Roy Williams thing is getting out of hand now. I feel partly responsible, so this is the last time I will talk of it. This is my take.

I do believe that the main issue in coverage is Roy Williams, and that a different FS won't help the issue as much as most think it will. At the end of the day, he must play his assignment, he's the guy who defends the TE, he's the guy who defends the fade. Not the FS, he's responsible for only half the field.

Having that said, why beat the subject to death? He's obviously here to stay, so you can only hope he improves. Thats it, end of discussion.

Now, in regards to bringing in a FS, I personally feel that its unnecessary. I feel that Watkins will develop into a good FS and that theres no need to invest more youth into the position when you already have promising youth already.

Is Reggie Nelson better? Of course he is. But it doesn't mean that you guys should get him. Theres more pressing needs for the 1st round than another young FS. You have age at CB, WR, and could use an OG. So why spend your 1st on a position that already has a promising long term answer? Thats why I feel that FS shouldn't be drafted. If you read the Giants board, Im a very big Reggie Nelson fan. I think he's gonna be truely special.

But that doesn't excuse the fact that you for the most part have filled that position with promising youth already. Also couple the fact that he'll almost surely be gone by the time you draft, so theres no point in wishful thinking. Shoot, he might be gone before the Giants draft too, Im just hoping he's not, but theres a very good chance that both he and Landry will be gone by the 15th pick.

And like DMWSackmachine said, theres no need to destroy everything and rebuild. Most mistakes by this team were mental mistakes, very correctable stuff. If you think bringing in a rookie at a key position is gonna help you guys in the mental aspect of the game, think again, you'll see any rookie outside of a RB or pass rusher go through mental mistakes just like the rest of them. This team was a Tony Romo botch away from the NFC Championship game. They wouldve clobbered Chicago. Think about that.

If that happens, then whats the perception? Theres no need to go into panic, the defense will be fine as long as the pass rush develops and Roy loses weight.

And thats coming from a Giant fan, but I have to face facts here. Those are the facts, the Cowboys will be back next year, and probably better than this year. It pains me to say it, but thats how I see it through unbiased eyes.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,625
Reputation: 2345985
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I just want smart players. :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Posts: 11,706
Reputation: 1352556
Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I think people forget how good Roy was in his Rookie year. I mean we were getting a spot of ring of honor ready for him. But he was in the 215-220 range I think at that time, which is where I would to see him now. And he had Woodson next to him and Dat in front of him. Upgrading the FS will let him do what he does best roam the box, and cover the TE and the flats which he has the ability to do. And like D-Unit said, we are not getting rid of Watkins, if anything competition should push him to improve, and would add depth to our secondary. Seeing that Nelson can play CB as well if necessary. But Nelson is the solid playmaker I've been pining for since Woody left.

BBD, I really don't see WR and CB as huge needs. Especially not in front of OG and S. We are solid at WR and CB at least for another year. so I am not sweating it.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: BIG ORANGE COUNTRY
Posts: 6,363
Reputation: 18165
Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Can we start a new subject? This RW thing has really gotten out of hand...

How do you guys feel about CB? How big of a need is it? If you have it your way, where would we take one? And who?

I've expressed my opinion on this subject several times, and I think you guys should know what I think, but I'll say it again. I think as of now, the best place to take one is in the 3rd or 4th and my favorite prospect there is Jonathan Wade out of Tennesee. I think he could develop into one heck of a player. What do you guys think about CB and Jonathan Wade?
__________________

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,625
Reputation: 2345985
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I agree. Age at corner does not concern me. The regression in Henry's play does, but I'm not willing to write him off. Cornerback isn't a first round need, but under the right circumstances and the willingness to try Henry at FS, I could see a possibility.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A thread near you!
Posts: 13,772
Reputation: 24270
Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
I agree. Age at corner does not concern me. The regression in Henry's play does, but I'm not willing to write him off. Cornerback isn't a first round need, but under the right circumstances and the willingness to try Henry at FS, I could see a possibility.
I can't feel confident in a team with Aaron Glenn as our #2 corner (assuming Henry moves to safety).
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.