Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-17-2006, 10:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
I've got Sunday Ticket. 8)
You jerk. :D

I'm gonna have to get the baseball one eventually since they are taking my braves off of TBS. :(

Where are you from Staubach?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nashville. It's alright. I'd like to move back to Texas some time (I was born in Amarillo).

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nashville. It's alright. I'd like to move back to Texas some time (I was born in Amarillo).
I was born in Atanta, moved to Orlando for a few years, then I went and lived in Austin and now I'm in NJ.

This is where I got all my fav teams from, I've taken a little piece of every place I've lived except NJ because, we do not have sports teams.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Quote:
I was born in Atanta, moved to Orlando for a few years, then I went and lived in Austin and now I'm in NJ.

This is where I got all my fav teams from, I've taken a little piece of every place I've lived except NJ because, we do not have sports teams.
Yeah. Looks like you've been all over the place. I've lived here for quite a while. I've always liked Dallas sports. My grandfather lives near Dallas, and he taught me the right way when I was little. :) How is NJ, BTW? Nice place to live?

BoneKrusher
Old 11-17-2006, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
I disagree with the statement that a basic nickle package against the colts would be suicide. They play in a basic offense and the bills used a basic nickle package through most of the game if i remember correctly and that worked wonders. People should take into consideration that the bills start 2 rookie safeties as well. The only problem wiwth the bills was that they didnt have an offense. If we could mirror their defense and keep our offense rolling like it has, we should have a good shot.
The Bills used a basic 4-3 Tampa 2 look the entire game. They played the pass heavily and hoped for the Colts to make mistakes, which rarely happens, but did twice in the form of fumbles (one of which was run back for a TD) against the Bills. So, to a point, I agree with the notion that if the Cowboys do what the Bills did, they'll have a good shot, but good luck trying to get another 2 turnovers out of a team that's turned the ball over all of 8 times in 9 games this season.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I'm picking you guys to win this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
Quote:
I disagree with the statement that a basic nickle package against the colts would be suicide. They play in a basic offense and the bills used a basic nickle package through most of the game if i remember correctly and that worked wonders. People should take into consideration that the bills start 2 rookie safeties as well. The only problem wiwth the bills was that they didnt have an offense. If we could mirror their defense and keep our offense rolling like it has, we should have a good shot.
The Bills used a basic 4-3 Tampa 2 look the entire game. They played the pass heavily and hoped for the Colts to make mistakes, which rarely happens, but did twice in the form of fumbles (one of which was run back for a TD) against the Bills. So, to a point, I agree with the notion that if the Cowboys do what the Bills did, they'll have a good shot, but good luck trying to get another 2 turnovers out of a team that's turned the ball over all of 8 times in 9 games this season.
Is Sanders playing, or is it a gametime decision?

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:58 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Quote:
I've got Sunday Ticket. 8)
You jerk. :D

I'm gonna have to get the baseball one eventually since they are taking my braves off of TBS. :(

Where are you from Staubach?
WHAT!?!?!
Old 11-18-2006, 02:17 AM    (permalink
youngbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Question. I noticed during the Cardinals game that the Cowboys came out in their nickel package alot more often than in weeks past, mainly because the Cards use a 3 WR set. It was used almost as much as their 3-4 base.

Do you think they'll use the nickel package as their base against the Colts since Indy is almost exclusively a 3 WR base? I think that would be dumb, you want to confuse the protection with the 3-4 mask, using that basic nickel against Indy is suicide. Any thoughts?
The cowboys are looking to use their penny defense where they stay in the base 3-4 but play only one saftey (Roy Williams) and bring in the nickel corner (Aaron Glenn).
I guess that means Roy will be used as a FS in this game? Thats risky. They have the CBs to do it, but I don't know if you wanna run 1 S against Peyton. I like the nickel 335 package, but I never seen Dallas run it yet. The penny is a hit or miss philosophy, it will be interesting to see if it works.
They've used this earlier in the season, I think it was against the Jaguars. It's not like they'll be using it the whole game either. Having 3 different nickel style defenses to throw at a team keeps you pretty flexible in what you can do.
The cowboys also ran it a lot against Arizona as a warm-up for this game.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Quote:
Sanders is a gametime decision, but the team doesn't think he will go.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's big. Sanders is the best player on their defense.

BoneKrusher
Old 11-18-2006, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Definitely, he's probably is there best playmaker and run-stopper from the outside. More good news for Marion and Julius.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Definitely, he's probably is there best playmaker and run-stopper from the outside. More good news for Marion and Julius.
Speaking of Marion and Julius, does anyone think we should start Barber over Jones? I'm more and more impressed every week with Barber.

BoneKrusher
Old 11-18-2006, 10:05 PM    (permalink
youngbuck

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Speaking of Marion and Julius, does anyone think we should start Barber over Jones? I'm more and more impressed every week with Barber.
No. It's not surprising that Barber has a better average when 70% of his runs come from draw plays on 3rd and long. Drew could get 5 ypc doing that all the time. He runs hard, but he also doesn't have to play against teams in the 1st/2nd quarter like Julius does. Marion is the guy that's going to get you a 1st down, Julius is the guy that's going to take it to the house.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuck
No. It's not surprising that Barber has a better average when 70% of his runs come from draw plays on 3rd and long. Drew could get 5 ypc doing that all the time. He runs hard, but he also doesn't have to play against teams in the 1st/2nd quarter like Julius does. Marion is the guy that's going to get you a 1st down, Julius is the guy that's going to take it to the house.
While it's true that Jones is a home-run hitter, it's my belief that our offense doesn't need a home-run hitter at RB. None of BP's featured backs in the past have been home-run hitters, and Barber is more in the mold of those guys than anyone. I'm perfectly content to have a two-headed monster at this point rather than worrying about who the "starter" is. We have a great running game this year, and it's because both guys are contributing.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree. I'd much rather see a guy that can pound you into submission and wear you down. Marion attacks guys when he's in there. Then once they're softened up, let Jules blow right past them.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:58 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Somebody was asking about this earlier, according to Todd Archer of the DMN Terence Newman hasn't given up a TD since the 2004 season. I'm not sure if that's 100% accurate but I'm inclined to believe it.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:19 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

My boy VY and the Titans are really helping our cause right now, 24 6. :D
Old 11-19-2006, 02:39 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
Somebody was asking about this earlier, according to Todd Archer of the DMN Terence Newman hasn't given up a TD since the 2004 season. I'm not sure if that's 100% accurate but I'm inclined to believe it.
I wouldn't be surprised if that streak ended today.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
I wouldn't be surprised if that streak ended today.
You mean that 9 game win streak.

I would trade a TD against Newman for a win today without flinching.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

I hope Flozell can play a little better the rest of the game or we won't have a chance.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 11-19-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

The defense is playing with more passion than I've seen from this team all season.

Interesting to see that Sam Hurd is getting some playing time.

If our offense can do anything, it looks like the defense should keep us in the game.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 11-19-2006, 03:37 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Bradie James and D Ware are beasts!
Old 11-19-2006, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

I don't disagree with Romo's decision on that interception, but the ball should have been closer to the sideline so it's either a TD or incomplete.

Carpenter is playing on defense.

Desings by D-Unit
Old 11-19-2006, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas
I don't disagree with Romo's decision on that interception, but the ball should have been closer to the sideline so it's either a TD or incomplete.
Romo picked the wrong game to start making stupid decisions. We need his best game today.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote