Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-16-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Can we start a new subject? This RW thing has really gotten out of hand...

How do you guys feel about CB? How big of a need is it? If you have it your way, where would we take one? And who?

I've expressed my opinion on this subject several times, and I think you guys should know what I think, but I'll say it again. I think as of now, the best place to take one is in the 3rd or 4th and my favorite prospect there is Jonathan Wade out of Tennesee. I think he could develop into one heck of a player. What do you guys think about CB and Jonathan Wade?
I don't know that Wade will be there in the 3rd. He's really gained some momentum with the great year he had.

If we scoop one up in Round 3, I like John Talley and DeAndre Jackson.

Hughes is my #1 CB prospect.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
I agree. Age at corner does not concern me. The regression in Henry's play does, but I'm not willing to write him off. Cornerback isn't a first round need, but under the right circumstances and the willingness to try Henry at FS, I could see a possibility.
I can't feel confident in a team with Aaron Glenn as our #2 corner (assuming Henry moves to safety).
My problem with Glenn at corner is matchups with some of the more physical guys in the league, and especially our division. Now, the only real threat in that respect next year should be Plaxico Burress, since none of the AFC East Teams have big receivers, and neither does the AFC West. But, looking at it from that angle, there are a number of teams with big, fast, athletic TEs: Ben Watson, Vernon Davis, Jeremy Shockey, LJ Smith, etc. That might necessitate a safety able to match up with those guys in coverage, because I'm pretty sure that most of our linebackers won't be able to match Davis' 4.38 speed.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I agree. Age at corner does not concern me. The regression in Henry's play does, but I'm not willing to write him off. Cornerback isn't a first round need, but under the right circumstances and the willingness to try Henry at FS, I could see a possibility.
I can't feel confident in a team with Aaron Glenn as our #2 corner (assuming Henry moves to safety).
What I meant was that I would only be willing to address CB in round 1 if the guys that we really wanted were not available to us and the BPA on the board was a CB. ...and in addition, we were planning on testing Henry at FS.

I am most definately not suggesting that we move Henry to FS and leave Glenn as our starting corner. If we plan on moving Henry to FS, then we better find a better solution first.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Anyone else have a funny feeling that the Cowboys will end up drafting Tony Ugoh or Marshal Yanda?
Old 01-16-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone else have a funny feeling that the Cowboys will end up drafting Tony Ugoh or Marshal Yanda?
I get the funny feeling that several of our draft picks will be total bonehead picks while others tease us with talent but don't continue to progress. Sound about right?
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

How do you guys feel about CB? How big of a need is it? If you have it your way, where would we take one? And who?

I've expressed my opinion on this subject several times, and I think you guys should know what I think, but I'll say it again. I think as of now, the best place to take one is in the 3rd or 4th and my favorite prospect there is Jonathan Wade out of Tennesee. I think he could develop into one heck of a player. What do you guys think about CB and Jonathan Wade?
I don't know that Wade will be there in the 3rd. He's really gained some momentum with the great year he had.

Well, if I had my pick between Jackson ans Talley, I'd take Jackson. That may be because I haven't seen any of Talley, but I really do like Jackson. Daymeion Hughes, Eh? Why do you like him so much? Don't get me wrong, I like him, but I've got several guys over him like Hall and Darrelle Revis.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anybody see micks new article? heres a sample on why we lost to seattle.

So I went back to look at all the offensive plays the Cowboys ran in that playoff game, all 57 of them, and here are my humble conclusions:

The Cowboys were not aggressive enough, and who knows, maybe the head coach did not trust his quarterback with all of 10 NFL starts to turn him loose.
The Cowboys did not make the Seahawks pay for playing their safeties so deep their heels were in the Puget Sound.
The Cowboys' offensive line did not play well.

see this is why part of me wants parcells to leave. i feel like we didnt take advantage of the mismatches that we had all over the field. we should have lit that secondary up. this was a roller coaster season but it ended way to early and the sad part is it shouldnt have had to come down to a romo fumble. if the coaches would have just let us play. with all our playmakers to score 13 offensive points, when we average almost 28, against a beat up defendse is just a shame.
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
I get the funny feeling that several of our draft picks will be total bonehead picks while others tease us with talent but don't continue to progress. Sound about right?
Bill hasn't done a very bad job. I'd even argue that it's been a very good job. Sure, we've hard our share of whiffs...that we all regret... but that's the nature of the game.

If we come away with 1 bright player and 2 marginal players that can be solid contributors, I'm ok with that.

Bill has done an outstanding job with the undrafted FA pick ups that it's gotta give him some slack when criticizing his drafts busts...
Old 01-16-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, if I had my pick between Jackson ans Talley, I'd take Jackson. That may be because I haven't seen any of Talley, but I really do like Jackson. Daymeion Hughes, Eh? Why do you like him so much? Don't get me wrong, I like him, but I've got several guys over him like Hall and Darrelle Revis.
Talley is a very intelligent player. He knows where to be on the field and knows how to react to balls thrown his direction. I would take him over Jackson because of that. Jackson has better raw skill, and it's too bad his season was cut short, but I still like him as well.

Hughes has tremendous instinct, confidence and has amazing game speed. He may not have the 40 time of someone like McCauley, but he's definately the better player in my book. He plays smart. He never gives up and he makes things happen on the field. When QBs test him, they pay for it. He will cover his assignment and won't let you down. I like that kind of trust a player can give you.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Yep that has crossed my mind with the Arkansas ties.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Okay I got a hypothetical for you guys. This is not likely to happen but if Levi Brown, Justin Blalock, Ted Ginn Jr., and Reggie Nelson are available who would the Cowboys take?
Old 01-16-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Okay I got a hypothetical for you guys. This is not likely to happen but if Levi Brown, Justin Blalock, Ted Ginn Jr., and Reggie Nelson are available who would the Cowboys take?
Who would the Cowboys take or who would I take? I think they'd take Nelson. I'd take Brown or Blalock depending on what the team does with Flo.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

I wish Flo would go. We need somebody dominant. He is just too inconsistent. Him and Rivera need to go.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I warmed up to the idea of Levi Brown. I first saw him as an unspectacular lineman, but that's the way I felt about Mcniel last year, and Jamaal Brown a few years back. So I wouldn't hate the pick as much as I would of a few weeks ago.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
If it were Parcells, I think he would take Blalock and then Nelson. If it were Jerry, and TO was gone, Ginn for sure, and I'm not sure he wouldn't take Ginn even with TO.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brown - Blalock, You really cant go wrong with either one. Those are the only two O-lineman id take in the first round. Maybe just maybe Grubbs as well, if he has a superb combine...

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Who would the Cowboys take or who would I take? I think they'd take Nelson. I'd take Brown or Blalock depending on what the team does with Flo.
Hypothetically?

Parcells would give away the pick for free cause he doesn't like any of them.

Jerry would take Nelson.

Me? Reggie Nelson baby!!!!
Old 01-16-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hypothetically?

Jerry would take Nelson.

what makes you say that?
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hypothetically?

Jerry would take Nelson.

what makes you say that?
He'd want a LB. LOL!
Old 01-16-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

Would the Cowboys be interested in Q. Moses?
Old 01-16-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've only been here a few months, but for all the old timers, do ya'll ever do like a Mock competition to see who'll get the most picks right? Cowboys only of course.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

So D-Unit are you a Parcells fan?

Also I told you about 5 pages back that either Landry or Nelson would be available at the Cowboys pick and then look Nelson is there in Scott's mock, but even if he is available I don't know if I want a FS...why doesn't Watkins work? I like his potential. The only reason I would really want a safety is if Roy doesn't play S next year.

Also do you see TO returning? I hope not, but I am scared he will be back.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
4_5_275_LB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
anybody see micks new article? heres a sample on why we lost to seattle.

So I went back to look at all the offensive plays the Cowboys ran in that playoff game, all 57 of them, and here are my humble conclusions:

The Cowboys were not aggressive enough, and who knows, maybe the head coach did not trust his quarterback with all of 10 NFL starts to turn him loose.
The Cowboys did not make the Seahawks pay for playing their safeties so deep their heels were in the Puget Sound.
The Cowboys' offensive line did not play well.

see this is why part of me wants parcells to leave. i feel like we didnt take advantage of the mismatches that we had all over the field. we should have lit that secondary up. this was a roller coaster season but it ended way to early and the sad part is it shouldnt have had to come down to a romo fumble. if the coaches would have just let us play. with all our playmakers to score 13 offensive points, when we average almost 28, against a beat up defendse is just a shame.
I am new here but what is the read on Parcells? Good or Bad? Coming back?

On the Romo issue in Seattle, it looked like he was having some issues holding on to the ball and his previous games did not help instill much confidence. They did well enough to be leading though late in the fourth and then the turnovers did them in.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
4_5_275_LB

Quote:
So D-Unit are you a Parcells fan?

Also I told you about 5 pages back that either Landry or Nelson would be available at the Cowboys pick and then look Nelson is there in Scott's mock, but even if he is available I don't know if I want a FS...why doesn't Watkins work? I like his potential. The only reason I would really want a safety is if Roy doesn't play S next year.

Also do you see TO returning? I hope not, but I am scared he will be back.
Is that a rumor or something? He is going to the Pro Bowl.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well I've wanted Blalock for over a year now so he would be my pick.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote