Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-14-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCowboysTroll View Post
SMH.

Maybe so few go first is because they are not perceived as high value?

So the ones that go first are extraordinary talents?

Where was Travis considered extraordinary?

Mangold who was gold plated or Pouncey were well know first round picks very early on.

So they got picked. Travis was not that.

Sheer jibberish.
1st round is usually saved for players with elite athletic talents and TF was not that. Where was Travis ever considered extraordinary??? I get that you love to be clueless about the draft until April, so I totally understand your ignorance, but if your going to be critical at least stick to the facts.

TF was a big, exceptionally strong, nasty, intelligent OL from the Big Ten with no health issues and who also offered position flexibility between OG and C. Players like him are good safe bets to excel and they don't last long. He was tracked closely as a top prospect for a long time. Unlike fast risers who get built up by false draft hype (like Floyd) and show up out of nowhere due to a good bowl game.

August 2012 - College season just beginning. Check out my 1st mock of the year.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/... k#post3103051

He was not some chump who just jumped onto draft radars buddy boy.

I know the fact that he is good bothers you to no end. The idea that Jerry drafted a guy based off sound logic and not "draft hype" goes against the types of attacks you like to fault him on. Taking a 2nd OL in 3 years in Round 1 must really make you want to freak out because it tempts you to cheer for Jerry.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something I see of an improvement from last year is our ability to score early, the offense has scored on its opening drive for the fifth time in six games.
And also has had leads in 3 games going into the half. This was a major issue last season, having to play from behind.
So hopefully this trend continues.
Jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
1st round is usually saved for players with elite athletic talents and TF was not that. Where was Travis ever considered extraordinary??? I get that you love to be clueless about the draft until April, so I totally understand your ignorance, but if your going to be critical at least stick to the facts.

TF was a big, exceptionally strong, nasty, intelligent OL from the Big Ten with no health issues and who also offered position flexibility between OG and C. Players like him are good safe bets to excel and they don't last long. He was tracked closely as a top prospect for a long time. Unlike fast risers who get built up by false draft hype (like Floyd) and show up out of nowhere due to a good bowl game.

August 2012 - College season just beginning. Check out my 1st mock of the year.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/... k#post3103051

He was not some chump who just jumped onto draft radars buddy boy.

I know the fact that he is good bothers you to no end. The idea that Jerry drafted a guy based off sound logic and not "draft hype" goes against the types of attacks you like to fault him on. Taking a 2nd OL in 3 years in Round 1 must really make you want to freak out because it tempts you to cheer for Jerry.
I am of the opinion unless a freak athlete or QB, always take the bigs in Round 1 to 2.

Never invest in small guys with 2nd round grades in the 2nd round.

1st and 2nd is for QB, OL, DL and LBs unless you get a freak talent that slips.

That is why I liked Dez when taken. I just have seen too many big mistakes from him as a Pro to make me think he is anything but "the girl with the curl."

Last edited by BobTheCowboysTroll : 10-14-2013 at 10:16 PM.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Something I see of an improvement from last year is our ability to score early, the offense has scored on its opening drive for the fifth time in six games.
And also has had leads in 3 games going into the half. This was a major issue last season, having to play from behind.
So hopefully this trend continues.
Offense has been pathetic.

We literally have been awful this year but for Denver and Rams.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCowboysTroll View Post
That is why I liked Dez when taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Were still arguing about TF? Only Cowboys fans. Had Jerry ignored the position in general he gets blasted for being too flashy, targets the position with the best Center in the draft and he's a fool who could have gotten him in the 3rd. Because like, we all know the real NFL draft totally goes like mock drafts. That happens like every year exactly the way this mock said it would so that's how I know Frederick would have been there.

Even though he's been a huge addition to the inside of this line and one of the reasons why Romo has been so improved this year but that doesn't matter. It also doesn't mater that we hit on our 1st rounder with a great player at a position that has been a need since Andre Gurode. But yea, let's still complain about that pick.

Why can't we ***** about the Escobar pick? The Frederick pick was the right one. I swear we are the ONLY fan base who would be arguing over that pick, and the same ones who would be crushing Jerry had he not drafted a Center until the 4th round and ended up with a guy who wasn't able to help. How much is Schwenke and Barrett Jones helping their teams offensive lines right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:56 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend
Were still arguing about TF? Only Cowboys fans. Had Jerry ignored the position in general he gets blasted for being too flashy, targets the position with the best Center in the draft and he's a fool who could have gotten him in the 3rd. Because like, we all know the real NFL draft totally goes like mock drafts. That happens like every year exactly the way this mock said it would so that's how I know Frederick would have been there.

Even though he's been a huge addition to the inside of this line and one of the reasons why Romo has been so improved this year but that doesn't matter. It also doesn't mater that we hit on our 1st rounder with a great player at a position that has been a need since Andre Gurode. But yea, let's still complain about that pick.

Why can't we ***** about the Escobar pick? The Frederick pick was the right one. I swear we are the ONLY fan base who would be arguing over that pick, and the same ones who would be crushing Jerry had he not drafted a Center until the 4th round and ended up with a guy who wasn't able to help. How much is Schwenke and Barrett Jones helping their teams offensive lines right now?
My thoughts exactly. I don't care if you reach if the position is a need and the player pans out. Screw "Draft Rankings". I was at a loss with the Escobar selection as well. We haven't taken a TE and done anything significant with them since Witten. I wish we could develop a TE and make some trades with those selections. We have talked about Two TE formations for years and it never comes to fruition a) because Witten is too damn good and b) Because we have too many contributors at WR so it makes no sense to throw 9 yards to a TE when you can put a WR out there and get 11-15 yards with the same regularity.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that we have some injuries to key players and Foles is starting for the eagles, the supposed experts have given philly the division

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...owboys-at-risk
Old 10-15-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now that we have some injuries to key players and Foles is starting for the eagles, the supposed experts have given philly the division

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...owboys-at-risk
Philly is averaging 178 YPG Rushing. We are averaging 85. I dont know how that happens with the supposed "great" Offensive line I keep hearing we have. With the injuries we have and how we have played on the road this year, the writing is on the wall. I would LOVE nothing better than a win in Philly but I dont see it happening. Im afraid Shaddy is going to run it down our throats and there wont be anything we can do about it unfortunatly.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Philly is averaging 178 YPG Rushing. We are averaging 85. I dont know how that happens with the supposed "great" Offensive line I keep hearing we have. With the injuries we have and how we have played on the road this year, the writing is on the wall. I would LOVE nothing better than a win in Philly but I dont see it happening. Im afraid Shaddy is going to run it down our throats and there wont be anything we can do about it unfortunatly.

No worries, I'm sure Romo will get his stats (save for the ill-timed turnover at the worst possible moment) and you'll be able to blame someone else for the loss. haha
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Also - it's going to be a LOOONNNGGG 3-4 weeks without D-Ware. Hopefully Wilberforce will shine :)
Trogdor, our resident cap expert. What's the impact of cutting Austin after the season? Are we going to be in a situation like Free where it doesn't pay to cut him? I'd like to see him gone, if only because he's really expensive and really injury-prone.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
No worries, I'm sure Romo will get his stats (save for the ill-timed turnover at the worst possible moment) and you'll be able to blame someone else for the loss. haha
Yeah nothing like a fool who sees a QB throw for 500 yards and 5 TDs, while the Defense gives up 51 points, to blame the loss on said QB for having a pick late in the game. haha

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 10-15-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trogdor, our resident cap expert. What's the impact of cutting Austin after the season? Are we going to be in a situation like Free where it doesn't pay to cut him? I'd like to see him gone, if only because he's really expensive and really injury-prone.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/miles-austin/

Would save us about 400k to cut him rather than keep him. I think we'll end up keeping him at least through June 1st. If a rookie UDFA/draftee outperforms him value-wise then expect him cut for the spot more-so than the money. I'd actually put money on him taking a pay-cut to save his job rather than getting released.

Keep in mind he's injury prone but he's also part of the best-friends club with Romo and Witten.

Salary: 5,500,000
Restructuring Bonuses: 2,748,400
Cap Hit: 8,248,400

Dead Money if cut: 7,853,600

Typing out a LOONNNGGG post on a projected offseason plan for 2014 and 2015. I'll start out with just the cap situations then evolve it into free agents and the draft as time permits.

Last edited by Trogdor : 10-15-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mmkay. I should probably just make a "2014 Offseason" thread but I'd rather spark discussion :)

Dallas currently is sitting around 147 million for a total cap charge next season. With the expected salary cap to be around 122 million it certainly looks dire. It actually isn't even close to dire and is expected and planned for.

The following moves would bring Dallas WELL under the cap without consequences we didn't already foresee.

First set is restructures:

Tony Romo is getting restructured. His new contract has mega-base salaries and low bonuses so that Dallas can restructure each season savings a ton of cap room. Savings: 10+ million depending on the base salary number.

DeMarcus Ware: restructing him this season has zero long-term effects. We can still be cut for cap savings next season if need be or restructured again. The only way I see us not restructuring him is if we have already decided we are cutting him following the season which I don't buy. Savings: ~10 million.

Brandon Carr: Built in restructure. Savings: $5,251,000.

Sean Lee: Smart contract with VERY little bonus money. Savings: $2,000,000

Jason Witten: This one is dicey. If we want him for 2014 AND 2015 then it's a no brainer for restructuring. We have almost zero bonus money after that and cutting him would actually save a bunch of cap. If we only want him next year then we can pass on the savings. Savings: 2+million.

Cuts:
Big Mac: Goodbye. Savings: $1.4 million
Jay Rat: Thank you for the memories! Savings: $1.3 million

Stopping there we are sitting at a cap charge of roughly $115 million. That should be roughly 7 million in cap space BEFORE the roughly 2 million in carryover. With the way rookie contracts are that's plenty of money to go shopping as well. I would expect us to be frugal however with a BUNCH of resigning that we have to make before the 2015 offseason.

Resignings for 2013 should be limited. I'd expect Dan Bailey to get tendered on an RFA and then moving that into a long-term deal. You don't let go of Steely Dan.

Jason Hatcher is going to be a money issue. If we can get him on a fair deal I'd expect him back. He's been the only real pressure player in the middle this year.

Anthony Spencer I expect to walk. I doubt he comes down from his demands last season and Selvie proved Marinelli can work with off-the-street talent opposite Ware.

Looking ahead for 2015: Resigning Dez, Tyron Smith, Bruce Carter are musts. Doug Free, DeMarco Murray, and Ron Leary are maybes after 2014.

After that a SLEW of players that we at least have to think about:
Cole Beasley, Ben Bass, David Arkin, Phil Costa, Lance Dunbar, Justin Durant, Dwayne Harris, Nick Hayden, Ron Leary, David Little, Kyle Orton, Jeremy Parnell, Andre Smith, and Darrion Weems

Last edited by Trogdor : 10-15-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I'm not feeling real good about the situation vs their run game, but I'm not writing em off yet, those no names up front may show up and shock people again and perhaps Lee and Carter can slow shady up some.

Offensively we don't know what Randle will bring but should have no problem moving the ball in the air with our receivers, if the line protects romo, I think its going to be a close game.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not feeling real good about the situation vs their run game, but I'm not writing em off yet, those no names up front may show up and shock people again and perhaps Lee and Carter can slow shady up some.

Offensively we don't know what Randle will bring but should have no problem moving the ball in the air with our receivers, if the line protects romo, I think its going to be a close game.
Hope your right. Their D is dead last in yardage, to bad we rank 30th. Should be another shootout.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Quote:
Mmkay. I should probably just make a "2014 Offseason" thread but I'd rather spark discussion :)

Looking ahead for 2015: Resigning Dez, Tyron Smith, Bruce Carter are musts. Doug Free, DeMarco Murray, and Ron Leary are maybes after 2014.

Cole Beasley, Ben Bass, David Arkin, Phil Costa, Lance Dunbar, Justin Durant, Dwayne Harris, Nick Hayden, Ron Leary, David Little, Kyle Orton, Jeremy Parnell, Andre Smith, and Darrion Weems
Resigning Dez and Tyron, absolutely. Carter has to show me more to get anything in my opinion. I don't resign Murray, nice player, top 10 back when healthy, but can't stay that way.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Resigning Dez and Tyron, absolutely. Carter has to show me more to get anything in my opinion. I don't resign Murray, nice player, top 10 back when healthy, but can't stay that way.
I agree, Dez and Tyron, no doubt, Carter maybe. Murray has some skills but can't stay on the field. I would keep Harris over him, multiple value there as a special teams player and receiver.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So apparently the line for Sunday's game opened at Cowboys -3 and has moved all the way to Eagles -3. Whoa.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
So apparently the line for Sunday's game opened at Cowboys -3 and has moved all the way to Eagles -3. Whoa.
Perhaps DeMarcus Ware's injury announcement.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Perhaps DeMarcus Ware's injury announcement.
And Murray as well. People have a lot of faith in Foles it seems... We'll see what happens.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:57 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor
Beasley should be resigned as a 4th receiver. But he will probably get slot or even #2 receiver money on the open market. If we didn't have the talent that we do. He would be catching Welker numbers.

Bass, Arkin and Costa can all hit the road. Maybe Costa and Arkin can stay on low cost deals as backups but I don't rate either at this point.

Dunbar can also hit the road. You can pick up backup RB's off the FA scrap heap. Not fussed.

Durant and Harris I would like to keep around but they have to be on low cost deals. I think Harris is slightly more valuable as a returner and a viable 4th option receiver if someone is injured and everyone is promoted.

Of the rest. I only really want to keep Leary...(just in case).

Maybe Kyle Orton but I'm willing to ride with a draft pick next year.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Hopefully Jarius Wynn can add something quickly, any thoughts on his signing?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...d-732bed366f4b
Old 10-16-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hopefully Jarius Wynn can add something quickly, any thoughts on his signing?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...d-732bed366f4b
Thanks for sharing. I don't know what he can do, but Marinelli turned a decent 3-4 DE into a beast in Jason Hatcher. Hopefully he can make more miracles happen.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
IRVING, Texas – Jay Ratliff is no longer a member of the Dallas Cowboys.

The team ended the year-long suspense for the defensive tackle on Wednesday, by officially terminating the contract of Ratliff, placing him on the failed physical list from Reserve/PUP (Physically Unable to Perform).

Ratliff has dealt with a groin injury since last year when he underwent sports hernia surgery. The defensive tackle reported to training camp and suffered a hamstring injury in the conditioning run. He stayed with the team through camp but was eventually placed on PUP. He was eligible to come off PUP this week, and while Jerry Jones and the Cowboys have stayed mum on the situation, the decision was made Wednesday afternoon to cut ties with eight-year veteran.

Ratliff made four straight Pro Bowls from 2008-11 and thrived in Wade Phillips’ 3-4 scheme as a nose tackle. He played two years under Rob Ryan, including last year when he only played six games. Ratliff had just 25 sacks and no sacks in 2012.

In 2011, Ratliff signed a five-year extension that totaled out to $48.6 million.

By cutting him now, the Cowboys will stop paying his $1.34 million base salary. The majority of his $10.268 million cap charge will roll over into next year.
See ya! No real surprise.