Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-16-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its official on Ratliff.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/...-dallas-cowboy

"It's sad that he didn't get a chance to play in this particular defense during his prime, it would have worked well with his skill-set."

I agree.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the cap hit? How much dead money next year by this move?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
What's the cap hit? How much dead money next year by this move?
6.9 million however that's 1.3 million less than actually keeping him next year so technically they are saving 1.8 mil :)

We also save 600k this year by cutting him. So overall 1.8 million OFF the cap next year by getting rid of his ass now. Factor in the Voldemara penalties expiring, restructures, and cutting Bernie we'll be under the cap easily.

It's nice to be free from his stupid 9+ million cap hits in '15, '16, and '17 although he had zero chance of seeing them with the way his contract was written.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Jerrah is so easy money.

Rat dogged it from the second he and Jerrah got into a fight.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had the chance to cut Ratliff after the DUI and make a stand, I wanted no part of him the minute I heard that news. Sometimes things are just bigger then football for me(and should be that way for the team too), no reason we should have left Ratliff and Josh Brent on the team for as long as we did considering both guys are scumbags and contributed absolutely ZERO to the team after both incidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
We had the chance to cut Ratliff after the DUI and make a stand, I wanted no part of him the minute I heard that news. Sometimes things are just bigger then football for me(and should be that way for the team too), no reason we should have left Ratliff and Josh Brent on the team for as long as we did considering both guys are scumbags and contributed absolutely ZERO to the team after both incidents.
Football trumps non-appalling crimes. Always has. If Ratliff could play at a passable level he wouldn't have been cut.

He made this an easy cut by not performing up to snuff, then getting injured, and reportedly not playing nice with ownership. His massive cap hit insured he wasn't going to be around barring a pay cut.

This was a FINANCIAL move for future years to ensure the cap hit is spread between this year and next rather than soaking it all up next offseason. To treat it as anything else is just lying to yourself about the morals of NFL ownership.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
This was a FINANCIAL move for future years to ensure the cap hit is spread between this year and next rather than soaking it all up next offseason. To treat it as anything else is just lying to yourself about the morals of NFL ownership.
I never doubted this was a financial move. I just stated that I wanted him cut a long time ago. That was just my personal opinion, I obviously know most owners don't feel the way I do. It's not like I didn't understand why this happened I just said if it were up to me it would have happened a long time ago so on the football field not like I view it as a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I never doubted this was a financial move. I just stated that I wanted him cut a long time ago. That was just my personal opinion, I obviously know most owners don't feel the way I do. It's not like I didn't understand why this happened I just said if it were up to me it would have happened a long time ago so on the football field not like I view it as a loss.
Oh gotcha. I'm in absolute agreement there. With the cap teams have to place a lot less weight on "minor character issues" compared with the general public. Note I put MAJOR quotes on that and I am very anti-DUI. From a football/off-the-field perspective I think he probably would have been cut this offseason if not for the massive cap hit.

Personally I think the NFL should make it A LOT easier to part with players that carry themselves poorly. The NFLPA would never allow it but additional league in EVERY contract stating that if you perform "X, Y, Z" you can be terminated with no additional payment rendered.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How come nobody is talking about the play of our cornerbacks from the Redskins game? I can't say much since I only watched parts of the game from my phone here and there as I was at my boss' BBQ party.

But PPF spoke about them glowingly.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...owboys-week-6/

Quote:
When you spend big on a cornerback you are doing so with an eye to games like this one from Brandon Carr (+5.3). He was thrown at a dozen times in the game, but allowed just four receptions for 55 yards, two of those to running backs out of the backfield. He was tasked with shutting down Pierre Garcon for the most part and Garcon was thrown at 10 times, but finished the game with just two receptions for 29 yards into Carrís coverage. In fact, counting the three passes Carr broke up, he got his hands to the ball more often than Garcon was able to on those targets. When targeting Carr, RGIIIís passer rating was just 49.0. What will please Cowboys fans even more is that this was just marginally better than that when targeting much-maligned sophomore CB Morris Claiborne. He was thrown at six times but allowed just two catches for 32 yards while breaking up a pair of passes himself.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Kiffin finally allowed them to play more man coverage. AMIRITE???
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really need to get out to a lead against Philly. I want to see an aggressive gameplan and lots of vertical throws to go against their secondary. This team wants to put up 35, so let's hope Garrett and Callahan approach the game in the same fashion.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How come nobody is talking about the play of our cornerbacks from the Redskins game? I can't say much since I only watched parts of the game from my phone here and there as I was at my boss' BBQ party.

But PPF spoke about them glowingly.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...owboys-week-6/

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Kiffin finally allowed them to play more man coverage. AMIRITE???
They were good, especially Carr but personally I don't think much of the skins receivers, they made it difficult for Griffin because they blanketed Garcon and the others, they were very effective in coverage no doubt. But I'm more interested in seeing how they do against phillys receiving core.

And yes they were playing more man.

Last edited by Jas : 10-18-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
They were good, especially Carr but personally I don't think much of the skins receivers, they made it difficult for Griffin because they blanketed Garcon and the others, they were very effective in coverage no doubt. But I'm more interested in seeing how they do against phillys receiving core.

And yes they were playing more man.
Well I hope Kiffin sticks to what worked for him (what we always knew was better for us in the first place). I think all we have to do is bracket Desean and let Mo play man on Cooper. The area I'm dead scared on is McCoy catching passes out of the backfield cause we know our LBs have problems in space. At least we don't have to worry about a dangerous threat at TE. Ertz is decent but if he's getting a lot of targets, then we're doing our job shutting down the rest of thier offense.

Kelly is no doubt going to pull out all the tricks from his bag for this game. It might get really nuts with the formations they pull out and the tempo they try to play with.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's something cool I saw on Facebook just a minute ago. Cole Beastley and Terrance "Needs a Nickname" Williams are both 1 and 2 in terms of catching passes when targeted. I'm really liking them both. Hopefully they can keep it up to confuse the hell out of who to cover.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...5-bda0b38765d9

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Well I hope Kiffin sticks to what worked for him (what we always knew was better for us in the first place). I think all we have to do is bracket Desean and let Mo play man on Cooper. The area I'm dead scared on is McCoy catching passes out of the backfield cause we know our LBs have problems in space. At least we don't have to worry about a dangerous threat at TE. Ertz is decent but if he's getting a lot of targets, then we're doing our job shutting down the rest of thier offense.

Kelly is no doubt going to pull out all the tricks from his bag for this game. It might get really nuts with the formations they pull out and the tempo they try to play with.
Yeah, keeping McCoy somewhat under control is the #1 priority of the defense. You're not gonna stop him completely but minimizing the damage is key. There was talk on Cowboys.com of possibly putting scandrick on Jackson.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

I honestly think the game hinges entirely on stopping Shady. If we bottle him up I think Foles is going to struggle.

Then again if we don't bottle him up we could end up giving up 50 points again.

At least the Eagles are terrible defensively as well so perhaps a shoot-out is in order.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Here's something cool I saw on Facebook just a minute ago. Cole Beastley and Terrance "Needs a Nickname" Williams are both 1 and 2 in terms of catching passes when targeted. I'm really liking them both. Hopefully they can keep it up to confuse the hell out of who to cover.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...5-bda0b38765d9
They are fortunate to have defenses focused on Dez and Witten, but I'm glad they are doing their jobs (especially as youngsters) when their number is called! Happiness!

I have DirectTV and I flash through different games. When watching Tampa, I saw Kevin Ogletree targeted twice in 2 different games and both times he came up empty. I had to laugh. He's the Martellus Bennett of WRs.

So happy we have a team that's ironing out those wrinkles. Players like that just kill you. Still think we have some phonies out there *cough Barry Church cough*, but we're making progress!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I honestly think the game hinges entirely on stopping Shady. If we bottle him up I think Foles is going to struggle.

Then again if we don't bottle him up we could end up giving up 50 points again.

At least the Eagles are terrible defensively as well so perhaps a shoot-out is in order.
I think we have the speed at linebacker and gang mentality to rally to Shady in the open field. What really hasn't been talked about is the break we are catching by not having to defend the read option. With Vick in the backfield there is always the extra wrinkle of him leaking out the backside for a big gain. That threat alone slows the reaction of the defense and opens up bigger lanes for McCoy. Now that Foles is locking in as the starter this week expect us to fill the gaps much quicker in the run game.

D Jax is the player that scares me most in this game. We don't exactly have a burner on the outside to chase him deep and our safeties have been caught flattening out their cover two instead of keeping deep. It will be interesting to see if Kiffin will trust Carr in that matchup or possibly get Scandrick some man coverage on the outside.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Just a feeling but I think because fans(including me) are all beatin up on miles he's gonna come up big on sunday. Also think wilcox is gonna do something to make a difference.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:32 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They are fortunate to have defenses focused on Dez and Witten, but I'm glad they are doing their jobs (especially as youngsters) when their number is called! Happiness!

I have DirectTV and I flash through different games. When watching Tampa, I saw Kevin Ogletree targeted twice in 2 different games and both times he came up empty. I had to laugh. He's the Martellus Bennett of WRs.

So happy we have a team that's ironing out those wrinkles. Players like that just kill you. Still think we have some phonies out there *cough Barry Church cough*, but we're making progress!
Every play those two make gives even more room for Dez to kill guys in single coverage. I really like that there are a lot of big threats in the offense, and they have to make the most of them instead of out thinking themselves. I'm still trying to see where Escobar fits in all of this though. If Witten goes down he'll definitely become a factor, but right now he's probably option 7 on the receivers since you can't forget about Dwayne Harris and the backs in the flat.

I have a feeling that Church is thinking too much when he plays. He was like a heat seeking missile the first few weeks, but now he's not around the ball as much. I think he needs to go more on instincts instead of worrying about things so much.

Quote:
Just a feeling but I think because fans(including me) are all beatin up on miles he's gonna come up big on sunday. Also think wilcox is gonna do something to make a difference.
I keep waiting on Wilcox to do something big. He's so raw, but he can get there if they use him correctly. Hopefully with Kiffin playing more man with the corners it gives the safeties more ability to come up with big plays.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Hmmm..this is interesting. A major upgrade at running back??

"The Cowboys have had internal discussions about upgrading the position, "possibly in a big way" as we gear up to the trading deadline, Rapoport reported.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...s-franchise-rb

I'm not starting the adrian peterson to the boys rumors but..I guess we can start wondering what or who they mean if its true lol

Last edited by Jas : 10-20-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

"The Cowboys have had internal discussions about upgrading the position, "possibly in a big way" as we gear up to the trading deadline, Rapoport reported.

I'm not starting the adrian peterson to the boys rumors but...lol
I don't like it. I think a committee is a better approach. We all remember the Roy Williams trade and I hope this isn't a knee jerk move like that because of Murray's history.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
I don't like it. I think a committee is a better approach. We all remember the Roy Williams trade and I hope this isn't a knee jerk move like that because of Murray's history.
Yeah if they do make a move I hope they arent foolish about what they give up.

I guess it could be jones drew possibly as well. Chris Johnson?? I don't know but it's interesting.

Last edited by Jas : 10-20-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm not starting the adrian peterson to the boys rumors but..I guess we can start wondering what or who they mean if its true lol
Want to make headlines? Quote a undisclosed source talking about the Cowboys.

Quote:
mike fisher ‏@fishsports9s
Lotta bull being slung on #cowboys trade/deMarco dissatisfaction. Lotta bull.
Quote:
Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus1m
I just talked with a couple of different sources and they had no idea about the http://NFL.com report about the RB situation. #False
Quote:
mike fisher ‏@fishsports39s
High-placed #Cowboys source here in Philly tells me: idea of big RB trade 'is somebody's idea of a fantasy.' @1053thefan
Quote:
SportsSturm: No way, Rapoport has a report on Cowboys that might not be air-tight?

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 10-20-2013 at 11:26 AM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Rapoport is known for throwing a lot of **** against the wall hoping something sticks. Hardly a trustworthy source.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Want to make headlines? Quote a undisclosed source talking about the Cowboys.
You're probably right, just created for the sake of a story. Let me reign myself in..lol