Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-20-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Any success Romo has is because of those around him. He looks good with a OL, weapons up the ying yang an OC who isn't shooting us in the foot. Oh yea and so long as the D is balling and keeping the score down, I seem to like Romo.
Just like every other QB in the league. Hows Brady looking this year with all those yougsters? Not very good. A Defense, O-line, and OC sure doesnt hurt does it?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Just like every other QB in the league. Hows Brady looking this year with all those yougsters? Not very good. A Defense, O-line, and OC sure doesnt hurt does it?
Can you clarify? Are you saying he's better than Brady? Ya.. thought not.

But at least we agree. Romo is good with a good team and bad with a bad team.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Practice

Anybody heard who we sign or will sign?
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can you clarify? Are you saying he's better than Brady? Ya.. thought not.

But at least we agree. Romo is good with a good team and bad with a bad team.
Hows Eli doing this year? Big Ben? Vick? Brady? RG3? Kaepernick? Flacco? Funny how players around you can make a difference, no? I dont see any of those other QBs carrying their teams like you suggest the great ones do.

IMO Romos a top 5-10 QB and we are lucky to have him.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 10-20-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hows Eli doing this year? Big Ben? Vick? Brady? RG3? Kaepernick? Flacco? Funny how players around you can make a difference, no? I dont see any of those other QBs carrying their teams like you suggest the great ones do.

Agreed on all parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He's average and he has a good cast around him this year. Let's not pretend today's game was won by Romo. The D won the game. If you told me 17 would be enough to beat the Eagles, I would've had my doubts. The defense played well, Foles and his receivers did a good job of not syncing up, Barkley was kind enough to share the ball with us and Romo managed to do enough. That's all I can reasonably ask of him. I tip my hat to him today for not messing up.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's average and he has a good cast around him this year. Let's not pretend today's game was won by Romo. The D won the game. If you told me 17 would be enough to beat the Eagles, I would've had my doubts. The defense played well, Foles and his receivers did a good job of not syncing up, Barkley was kind enough to share the ball with us and Romo managed to do enough. That's all I can reasonably ask of him. I tip my hat to him today for not messing up.
Lol you've become nothing but a hater. To call Romo "average" is like saying Bradshaw had a decent career.Just stupid talk

Old 10-21-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Lol you've become nothing but a hater. To call Romo "average" is like saying Bradshaw had a decent career.Just stupid talk
He is practically average though. Roughly half the league is better and half the league is worse. I don't want to hear anything about stats because he's in a QB friendly offense.

Don't get me wrong. I love the good Romo. I just know that I can't trust him to be that way all the time. As long as he's not making knucklehead mistakes and trusts his receivers, then I love the guy. One thing I've noticed a lot of improvement in this year is that he's trusting our receivers to beat their man. He's playing good this year. He really is. The early season dink and dunk seems over with. Our OC and DC seem to be learning and adjusting as the season has gone on. Looks like we're finally playing to our strengths.

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-21-2013 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is practically average though. Roughly half the league is better and half the league is worse. I don't want to hear anything about stats because he's in a QB friendly offense.

Don't get me wrong. I love the good Romo. I just know that I can't trust him to be that way all the time. As long as he's not making knucklehead mistakes and trusts his receivers, then I love the guy. One thing I've noticed a lot of improvement in this year is that he's trusting our receivers to beat their man. He's playing good this year. He really is. The early season dink and dunk seems over with. Our OC and DC seem to be learning and adjusting as the season has gone on. Looks like we're finally playing to our strengths.
He is sixth in the league with a QB rating of 101.6, but half the league is better than him? Were you drunk when you posted this?
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lee, Hatcher, Carr and Wilcox are having a great season.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Carr is worth every penny of his contract. Hatcher is playing out of his mind and may be earning another deal. Albeit I hope a team friendly one since he is 32. Lee is a stud and I'm perfectly willing to say he's the best MLB in the league.

I'll slightly disagree on Wilcox. He's got a ton of potential and is always around the ball but he still doesn't wrap up enough tackling wise which gives up extra yards. He also still takes some atrocious angles in coverage but that's par for the course with Dallas safeties :/

Also wanted to highlight Travis Frederick, Terrance Williams, and Cole Beasley as having excellent seasons. Frederick is a monster and it is hilarious, and awesome, to watch him push the pile at the end of running plays.... he never loses. Williams has improved so much it is stupid. He has a higher ceiling than Mile's Austin in his prime and has already beaten him out as the #2 WR on the team. Finally Beasley is probably the smartest receiver Romo has. He's 5'7 and easily gains separation, avoids jams, and sits in the soft spots on the zone.

Finally to address Romo...

Quote:
Tanner says he took his man into throwing lane, causing interception by Romo - Carlos Mendez, Star-Telegram
Phillip Tanner says it was his mistake that led to the second-half interception by Tony Romo.

"I brought my man inside," Tanner said. "I should have broke outside. But that’s something I should have known. As the leader that Romo is, he did what he was supposed to do. He came over and got me right."
When you are top-5 all-time in a bunch of categories (QBR, ANY/A, etc) you can't be "average". He's an excellent QB that isn't in the top tier of the league (i.e. Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, Brady). He's solidly right behind them. Yesterday he didn't play the greatest and it is refreshing to see us be able to win a game without Romo being red-hot. Kudos to Dallas for finally fielding a capable team I guess :)
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This next game, I don't feel good about. I hate playing the Lions, always get a bad feeling..or it could just be Megatronitis and the fact that he can beat your entire secondary on one play. Can we beat them, yes but we need another great game plan and execution from the defense.

This may be the next shootout so I hope they have the offense ready to be in attack mode.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Win or go home games in Romo's career:

Record: 1-6

Stats: 150 248 1522 Yds 60.5% 8TDs 7 INTs

Those are not the stats of a top 5-10 QB.

He's a fine QB, we are lucky to have him as opposed to the Jacksonville or Minnesota QB situation, but there are probably 12-14 QBs that I would rather have than him.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehh, I'm obviously pretty 50/50 on Romo...but the whole "win or go home" definition of "clutch" is suspect at best. You have to put yourself in a win or go home position. If I remember a year or two ago, they beat Cinci and Pittsburgh back to back weeks, and dropping either one of those games would've made the "win or go home" last game non-existant. It's cherry picking at it's finest.

Sure he's had some real clunkers at the end of the season, but he's had some great games to make the games matter in week 17.

Are there QB's I'd want before Romo? Absolutely....
Brees, Brady, Manning(Peyton), Rodgers etc, etc..the top 5 or so....

Then there's a few "high upside" young players I'd choose simply based on age.
RG3, Luck, Russel Wilson....but that's because of age/promise alone.

Look at the Matt Ryan's of the world(worst Playoff record than Romo, despite having better weapons/line the last few years)

Jay Cutler, Rivers, Big Ben, Vick, Eli, Stafford, Dalton, Flacco all have their warts...there's just simply not 10 QB's that play QB better than Romo in the league right now. If you believe so you're not watching Romo play at all.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 10-21-2013 at 10:50 AM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
proof
Rookie

proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

being a fan of romo is agonizing, but i love the guy, and glad to have him on the team. hope he eventually gets to shake the labels, but even still he's a pretty awesome qb.
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson79 View Post
He is sixth in the league with a QB rating of 101.6, but half the league is better than him? Were you drunk when you posted this?
Nah, my opinion of him isn't based on 7 weeks of football.

Like I've been saying all along. He's got a good cast around him this year. I expect him to drive the bus. Happy we're finally over .500, but I'm not getting carried away just yet.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
proof
Rookie

proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

figured y'all would like this

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports the Dolphins plan to bench, trade, or release RT Tyson Clabo.

Clabo has been the NFL's single worst offensive tackle through six games, according to Pro Football Focus' grades. He's been exposed as just another blunder amid GM Jeff Ireland's sputtering master plan to build an NFL team through free agency
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by proof View Post

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports the Dolphins plan to bench, trade, or release RT Tyson Clabo.

Clabo has been the NFL's single worst offensive tackle through six games, according to Pro Football Focus' grades. He's been exposed as just another blunder amid GM Jeff Ireland's sputtering master plan to build an NFL team through free agency
Wow. He is one of the guys that a bunch of us thought we should've signed instead of bringing Free back.

While Free had a tough day with penalties yesterday, he's still had a nice bounce back season. I think playing next to Waters has helped him a lot, but you also gotta credit his own work ethic and commitment to improving as well.

Lastly, gotta credit the Cowboys for sticking with Free. I think the coaches really stood up for him. Jerry sounded really reluctant to bring him back and that whole waiting game on him was pretty painful during the offseason. Props to them for getting him to reduce the money on his deal and having the faith in him to bounce back.

That whole "Jimmy would've cut him on the spot" talk by Michael Irvin might've been true, but this coaching staff stuck their necks out for him.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I clearly recall someone saying that we should have gone with Ireland at GM and Sparano at HC. It didn't turn out that well for the Dolphins.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I clearly recall someone saying that we should have gone with Ireland at GM and Sparano at HC. It didn't turn out that well for the Dolphins.
Bob?

For the record, Jimmy Johnson or Nick Saban didn't work out so well in Miami either.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wow. He is one of the guys that a bunch of us thought we should've signed instead of bringing Free back.

While Free had a tough day with penalties yesterday, he's still had a nice bounce back season. I think playing next to Waters has helped him a lot, but you also gotta credit his own work ethic and commitment to improving as well.

Lastly, gotta credit the Cowboys for sticking with Free. I think the coaches really stood up for him. Jerry sounded really reluctant to bring him back and that whole waiting game on him was pretty painful during the offseason. Props to them for getting him to reduce the money on his deal and having the faith in him to bounce back.

That whole "Jimmy would've cut him on the spot" talk by Michael Irvin might've been true, but this coaching staff stuck their necks out for him.
This makes no sense to me. How does telling a guy to take a HUGE paycut or we're going to cut you all together, equate to coaches standing up for him or having faith in him to bounce back? If he would have came back and played like he did last year we'd all be screaming how stupid JJ was to bring him back even at a reduced salary. We are fortunate that hes stepped up his game but I cant see how anybody stood up for him. It was his decision to come back, nobody else's.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Win or go home games in Romo's career:

Record: 1-6

Stats: 150 248 1522 Yds 60.5% 8TDs 7 INTs

Those are not the stats of a top 5-10 QB.

He's a fine QB, we are lucky to have him as opposed to the Jacksonville or Minnesota QB situation, but there are probably 12-14 QBs that I would rather have than him.
Quote:
]Since Romo became a regular NFL starter, no other quarterback has a better passer rating in the fourth quarter. His play when the score is tied or close in the fourth quarter is also right alongside the "elite" quarterbacks in the NFL, according to a study on NFL.com.

Per the same report, only Peyton Manning, Donovan Mcnabb, Matt Stafford, Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers has a better pass attempts per interception ratio than Romo. Only Manning and Rodgers, along with Romo, are among the leaders in fourth quarter comebacks.

Scott Kacsmar of Cold Hard Football Facts took a run at the debate before the season and found that Romo had just 10 turnovers in so-called clutch situations in his 27 total losses. Philip Rivers, a quarterback that Romo is frequently compared to, has 22 such turnovers in that time.

Romo is No. 6 among active quarterbacks with 18 fourth-quarter comebacks and is tied for No. 9 with 19 game-winning drives. It should be noted that Romo has only been playing since 2006.
Believe what you want. Hes a top 10 QB without a doubt. You should go back and watch some Quincy games and get some appreciation for the guy.

Last edited by pocketaces : 10-21-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proof View Post

I'll gladly eat my crow on this one. I was wrong as hell. Free was pretty bad in 2011, and he was so downright atrocious last season that he was a liability. I didn't want them to keep him at all, and I was one of the ones saying that Clabo or Winston would be better. Free has definitely stepped up to being where he was back in 2009 and 2010. It all could fall apart if he stinks it up in the next 9 games, but so far so good on that one.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
This makes no sense to me. How does telling a guy to take a HUGE paycut or we're going to cut you all together, equate to coaches standing up for him or having faith in him to bounce back? If he would have came back and played like he did last year we'd all be screaming how stupid JJ was to bring him back even at a reduced salary. We are fortunate that hes stepped up his game but I cant see how anybody stood up for him. It was his decision to come back, nobody else's.
How are you even suggesting that the coaches were the ones yapping to him about his contract? If anything THAT makes no sense. It's not the coaches job to talk contracts with players.

Jerry was the one making life tough for him to reduce his contract. Didn't think that was a secret. I think Jerry really did want to cut him loose. The fact that they waited to see how the draft unfolded before making a decision also probably meant that they might've drafted his replacement if the right opportunity presented itself. But my guess (open to criticism) is that the coaches told Jerry to stop and think about it. I imagine they made their case to him on why they should keep Free around. Callahan never spoke badly about Free.

Wasn't it frustrating to all of us to see Clabo get signed by Miami, Winston to sit there with no offers, and us showing constant faith in Free? Like literally we looked into Winston (plenty of rumors)... then word came out of Dallas that the Cowboys thought Free was just as good or equal to Winston so they didn't see the point in pulling the trigger. That was frustrating to me. I thought it was clear Free was trash.

To me that says the coaches vouched for Free despite Jerry wanting to replace him. You're right. If Free continued to suck, then I'm sure we'd all have our pitchforks out. So the fact that he hasn't, doesn't that mean the Cowboys deserve some credit? OF COURSE IT DOES. They played their cards right. Saved us from Dead Money Cap Hell too.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D is right.

Except about Romo. He's bloody wrong about Romo.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote