Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-21-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Travis Frederick meet ndamukong suh and lets try to keep romo in one piece.

I hope he and the rest of the interior line are up for the challenge that Suh and Fairley present.
We had some trouble with Poe in KC.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
D is right.

Except about Romo. He's bloody wrong about Romo.
We need to find some acceptable common ground on this whole Romo ordeal.

I think he's closer to the Top 10-15 range...lean towards the Top 15 side. Loyalist will probably put him in the Top 5-10 range...lean towards the Top 5 side.

I will settle for Top 8-13 range. Fair enough? That's within range where we don't have to argue the difference. We need to get beyond talking about him every week. Let's talk about the GAMEZZZZ!
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How are you even suggesting that the coaches were the ones yapping to him about his contract? If anything THAT makes no sense. It's not the coaches job to talk contracts with players.

Jerry was the one making life tough for him to reduce his contract. Didn't think that was a secret. I think Jerry really did want to cut him loose. The fact that they waited to see how the draft unfolded before making a decision also probably meant that they might've drafted his replacement if the right opportunity presented itself. But my guess (open to criticism) is that the coaches told Jerry to stop and think about it. I imagine they made their case to him on why they should keep Free around. Callahan never spoke badly about Free.

Wasn't it frustrating to all of us to see Clabo get signed by Miami, Winston to sit there with no offers, and us showing constant faith in Free? Like literally we looked into Winston (plenty of rumors)... then word came out of Dallas that the Cowboys thought Free was just as good or equal to Winston so they didn't see the point in pulling the trigger. That was frustrating to me. I thought it was clear Free was trash.

To me that says the coaches vouched for Free despite Jerry wanting to replace him. You're right. If Free continued to suck, then I'm sure we'd all have our pitchforks out. So the fact that he hasn't, doesn't that mean the Cowboys deserve some credit? OF COURSE IT DOES. They played their cards right. Saved us from Dead Money Cap Hell too.
So after the year JJ reviews the roster with the coaches and when it comes to Free he asks, what are your grades/thoughts on Free? The coaches respond, Free was trash (would NEVER say that in public) hes being WAY over paid and hasnt lived up to his contract. JJ comes up with a plan of telling him to take a paycut or a hike, its up to him. Free decides to stay and luckily turns it around to give us a good year. Now Im just speculating on how that conversation went but so are you. Dont throw it out there as fact because the truth is neither of us know. The only FACT we know for 100% certainty is that he was told to take a paycut or leave. I happen to believe my scenario is closer to the truth that what your saying. Im sure if your boss or bosses told you to take a paycut or find another job you wouldnt be saying guys had faith in you or vouched for you, right?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coaches supposedly were still championing him at the end of last year so I don't buy they wanted him gone. Granted even Garrett said he needed to commit to refining his technique and to the weight room.

Getting closer to the end of last year when they started rotating in Parnell with him they actually said they liked what they saw from Free in response. If anything the coaches wanted more from Free and JG/JJ sat down and decided they were comfortable enough with Parnell if Free turned down a salary cut. If Free agreed, which of course he did, they were getting someone who played poorly but they had faith in being a solid player.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We need to find some acceptable common ground on this whole Romo ordeal.

I think he's closer to the Top 10-15 range...lean towards the Top 15 side. Loyalist will probably put him in the Top 5-10 range...lean towards the Top 5 side.

I will settle for Top 8-13 range. Fair enough? That's within range where we don't have to argue the difference. We need to get beyond talking about him every week. Let's talk about the GAMEZZZZ!
Its hard not to talk about him when guys are throwing out comments every week like, "typical Romo" when a guy runs the wrong route or he cant throw the deep ball, hes a dink and dunker, or how Romo lost the game after the D gave up 51 points LOL. Hes FAR from perfect but some on here act like hes F'N Ponder or someone.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 10-21-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Travis Frederick meet ndamukong suh and lets try to keep romo in one piece.

I hope he and the rest of the interior line are up for the challenge that Suh and Fairley present.
We had some trouble with Poe in KC.
Frederick and his beard have been up to the task in most of the games this season. I hope that whatever happens he learns a lot from going against Suh and Fairley. He's definitely getting prime opportunities against top guys this season, and I think it will be good for him in the long run.

Sidenote: The 'Boys signed Marvin Austin. With how often guys have been getting injured I'm glad they have another body to rotate. Maybe Marinelli can make him decent.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Frederick and his beard have been up to the task in most of the games this season. I hope that whatever happens he learns a lot from going against Suh and Fairley. He's definitely getting prime opportunities against top guys this season, and I think it will be good for him in the long run.

Sidenote: The 'Boys signed Marvin Austin. With how often guys have been getting injured I'm glad they have another body to rotate. Maybe Marinelli can make him decent.
Loved Austin as a prospect. If Marinelli can work his magic one more time, I think the Cowboys can come away with another gem like Selvie turned into. I have to wonder what kind of shame that would be on Perry Fewell to see 2 former G-Men do well here.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Its hard not to talk about him when guys are throwing out comments every week like, "typical Romo" when a guy runs the wrong route or he cant throw the deep ball, hes a dink and dunker, or how Romo lost the game after the D gave up 51 points LOL. Hes FAR from perfect but some on here act like hes F'N Ponder or someone.
Let his actions speak for themselves.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Exacxtly. HOF'er

Old 10-21-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
proof
Rookie

proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proof is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You do the same. You can't keep romo out of your posts ever and then act like other posters are the one bringing him up out of the blue. You just can't help yourself with the backhanded compliments. It's getting old as hell.
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What else are we supposed to talk about? He's the most polarizing player in the league, and until he leads the team past the 2nd round, he will be.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just an embarrassment for the league. Absolutely atrocious.

I LOVE YOU TONY ROMO.

Hahahaha <3 D- I thought the same thing after watching the Vikings vs Giants game today. All we can do is be thankful for being spoiled. :)
Old 10-22-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default DE Montgomery

What do you think of claiming the DE that just got released? He's got talent and realisticly...he just got caught. I am sure it was his immaturity that got him in trouble. I think it's a good opportunity.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:43 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
What do you think of claiming the DE that just got released? He's got talent and realisticly...he just got caught. I am sure it was his immaturity that got him in trouble. I think it's a good opportunity.
Broaddus said he was off the Cowboys' board along with the Honey Badger.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Broaddus said he was off the Cowboys' board along with the Honey Badger.
Absolutely he's not just having issues with drugs. He has the dreaded "un-coachable" tag on him as well. Supposedly teams were warned about him hence the massive drop from top 15 hype to mid rounder.

Sad because he has a ton of talent but nothing above the shoulders.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by proof View Post
You do the same. You can't keep romo out of your posts ever and then act like other posters are the one bringing him up out of the blue. You just can't help yourself with the backhanded compliments. It's getting old as hell.
I already do it. I bash him when he deserves it and I compliment him when he deserves it. That's the definition of "letting his actions speak for themselves". It's the praising on him as if he does nothing wrong that riles me up. It can't always be someone else's fault... because admit it, when the team wins, Romo is quick to get rewarded around here. Even in this last win at Philly, the D championed that win. Nobody is talking about how good the secondary was or how the patchwork DL overcompensated for our starters being out, or how well the LBs looked in coverage and in shutting down McCoy. The fears going into the game were all about "How are we gonna stop Chip Kelly's crazy offense and tempo... who's gonna contain Desean and Shady???" Well, we did it.... Romo threw 1 TD. Who would've thought we would've won if someone told you going into the game that Romo would throw 1 TD and 2 picks? We struggled to put up points. Romo struggled to put together scoring drives. 3-0 at the half... If the defense didn't show up, we'd be bashing them today instead of Romo. We all know it. Luckily we won, no bashing needed anywhere. Romo did "enough". Nothing praiseworthy, but the team played well around him - enough for him to get the job done.

This is why I keep saying that I trust this team to have a chance at going far this season. I think Romo has a cast around him that doesn't rely on him to put the team on his shoulder. I like the moves that the Cowboys have made and I have some confidence even if we aren't perfect. All he has to do is limit his mistakes and trust his receivers. I know.... we call that trust "gunslinging", but that is what he does best and that's what he does worst. I've come to accept that's what he is. Thinking too much gets him in trouble. Thinking too little gets him in trouble. So I just hope he continues gunslinging and doesn't think too much or too little.

Romo won't win a SB with a mediocre team, but I think he can win one with a strong team... and that's what I think we're getting close to having.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I want him. But I don't think the team would do it. It goes against Garrett's motto. I'm fine with that.

Belichick would probably do it and get away with it though.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Sounds like a great plan. What could wrong?

I am sure the rest of the team will not interpret it as an implicit OK to do pot.

No, they will interpret it as the Management being kind and ambitious.

(Today's kids are brazenly lacking in wisdom or probity.)
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I already do it. I bash him when he deserves it and I compliment him when he deserves it. That's the definition of "letting his actions speak for themselves". It's the praising on him as if he does nothing wrong that riles me up. It can't always be someone else's fault... because admit it, when the team wins, Romo is quick to get rewarded around here. Even in this last win at Philly, the D championed that win. Nobody is talking about how good the secondary was or how the patchwork DL overcompensated for our starters being out, or how well the LBs looked in coverage and in shutting down McCoy. The fears going into the game were all about "How are we gonna stop Chip Kelly's crazy offense and tempo... who's gonna contain Desean and Shady???" Well, we did it.... Romo threw 1 TD. Who would've thought we would've won if someone told you going into the game that Romo would throw 1 TD and 2 picks? We struggled to put up points. Romo struggled to put together scoring drives. 3-0 at the half... If the defense didn't show up, we'd be bashing them today instead of Romo. We all know it. Luckily we won, no bashing needed anywhere. Romo did "enough". Nothing praiseworthy, but the team played well around him - enough for him to get the job done.

This is why I keep saying that I trust this team to have a chance at going far this season. I think Romo has a cast around him that doesn't rely on him to put the team on his shoulder. I like the moves that the Cowboys have made and I have some confidence even if we aren't perfect. All he has to do is limit his mistakes and trust his receivers. I know.... we call that trust "gunslinging", but that is what he does best and that's what he does worst. I've come to accept that's what he is. Thinking too much gets him in trouble. Thinking too little gets him in trouble. So I just hope he continues gunslinging and doesn't think too much or too little.

Romo won't win a SB with a mediocre team, but I think he can win one with a strong team... and that's what I think we're getting close to having.
Staying out of the Romo debate here but I don't think any of us have been praising, rewarding or crediting him with these last couple of wins. It would be ignorant to do so since it was clearly defense and special teams that won the washington game and overwhelmingly the defense in philly.

I suspect he may have a larger part to play this week though.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Staying out of the Romo debate here but I don't think any of us have been praising, rewarding or crediting him with these last couple of wins. It would be ignorant to do so since it was clearly defense and special teams that won the washington game and overwhelmingly the defense in philly.

I suspect he may have a larger part to play this week though.
..and if that's the case then I will try not to exaggerate something that's not there. I'm just tired of this already and want to move on to better talk.

He will always have a large part. No going around that. He's the QB. :)

When he's focused he can do great things. You're right, he definitely needs to be focused this week because the Lions are no joke and we will be playing our 2nd game in a row on the road.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
..and if that's the case then I will try not to exaggerate something that's not there. I'm just tired of this already and want to move on to better talk.

He will always have a large part. No going around that. He's the QB. :)

When he's focused he can do great things. You're right, he definitely needs to be focused this week because the Lions are no joke and we will be playing our 2nd game in a row on the road.
Because talking about our bad punter is better?

Big loss this week.

They are in first place and they think they are good.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Broncos trade linebacker Von Miller and running back Ronnie Hillman to Cowboys for cornerback Morris Claiborne, running back DeMarco Murray, safety Barry Church and their 2014 second-round draft choice
What do you all think?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...espnapi_public

Old 10-23-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Absolutely not. One the value is way off IMHO and secondly Von Miller not only cheated but he attempted to defraud the NFL's testing policy. To say he isn't a "right kind of guy" is a massive understatement.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Okay lets talk game plan, I believe defensively following somewhat the same plan we had vs. philly will be effective. Hopefully the defense which appears to be improving can continue to do the things they've been doing--
-Executing and playing with high energy-swarming to the ball.
-Slowing down Bush the way they controlled Shady.
-Getting a good push in the pocket and disrupting Stafford.
-And the secondary has to continue its job of limiting the opponents best weapon, this week perhaps the biggest challenge in the league Johnson.

On offense of course protecting Romo is the first goal if they can do that everything else will work-because I think we'll have to go downfield much more in this game.

Last edited by Jas : 10-23-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Don't trade Claiborne this week he's gonna make a big play in this game. ;)

Last edited by Jas : 10-23-2013 at 11:20 AM.