Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-23-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Heck no. Von Miller might be Shawne Merriman redux. What will he be like off his drugs aka PEDs? Hillman is crap. Even an oft-injured Murray has proven to be better than him. Plus we throw in a 2nd rounder? LOL.

I wouldn't even do Claiborne for Miller straight up. If they want to swap DEs, then I'd give them Spencer and Church for Miller.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...ebackers.html/. Some love for Lee and his coverage skills. Especially impressive when you consider the time he missed last year.

Last edited by Jas : 10-23-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Heck no. Von Miller might be Shawne Merriman redux. What will he be like off his drugs aka PEDs? Hillman is crap. Even an oft-injured Murray has proven to be better than him. Plus we throw in a 2nd rounder? LOL.

I wouldn't even do Claiborne for Miller straight up. If they want to swap DEs, then I'd give them Spencer and Church for Miller.
Lol, I agree. Just something to talk about other than Romo. ;)

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...ebackers.html/. Some love for Lee and his coverage skills. Especially impressive when you consider the time he missed last year.
Good stuff. They have an article there that says Hatcher is the #1 DT in the league too. I knew he was doing good, but I didn't look around to see how good compared to others. WOW.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...ebackers.html/
Old 10-23-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good stuff. They have an article there that says Hatcher is the #1 DT in the league too. I knew he was doing good, but I didn't look around to see how good compared to others. WOW.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...ebackers.html/
Hatch has been outstanding, better than anyone could've predicted.
He's made up for the loss of Ratliff. Also can't say enough about the no names making an impact.
Carr has been playing lights out. Mo is looking better.
Wanna see carter get hot and make more plays, especially moving forward as a blitzer.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
PRIOR to this season after Kiffin was hired:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Agreed. If we have Ware and Hatcher with 1v1s I really like our odds. Hatcher can be a dynamic threat within our defense. He really shined last season in a very similar alignment (4-3 under vs some of our 3-4 looks). If we can get legit pressure from 4 man fronts our defense will do VERY well. If we struggle to generate pressure we will be looking at another folding-chair defense that we have become accustomed to. :(
Quote:
Rat isn't explosive enough to be a 3-tech. The best pass rusher on our defensive line is Jason Hatcher and Kiffin already told him that he plans on utilizing him as either 3-tech or DE.

It's funny Ratliff was at his best in our defense when he split double teams and looked rather 'meh' when asked to beat a guard 1v1. Hatcher on the other hand playing 1v1 versus the left guard should give offensive coordinators nightmares.
Ha! :D Granted I did get the Anthony Spencer prediction wrong in that he wasn't dominant across from Ware in the 4-3 before getting injured but I'll take it :)
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Originally Posted by Trogdor
Agreed. If we have Ware and Hatcher with 1v1s I really like our odds. Hatcher can be a dynamic threat within our defense. He really shined last season in a very similar alignment (4-3 under vs some of our 3-4 looks). If we can get legit pressure from 4 man fronts our defense will do VERY well. If we struggle to generate pressure we will be looking at another folding-chair defense that we have become accustomed to. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor
Rat isn't explosive enough to be a 3-tech. The best pass rusher on our defensive line is Jason Hatcher and Kiffin already told him that he plans on utilizing him as either 3-tech or DE.
It's funny Ratliff was at his best in our defense when he split double teams and looked rather 'meh' when asked to beat a guard 1v1. Hatcher on the other hand playing 1v1 versus the left guard should give offensive coordinators nightmares.

Ok so better than most could've predicted.

Last edited by Jas : 10-23-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok so better than most could've predicted.
Hatcher's athleticism is just unfair. I honestly think if we resign him he's perfectly capable of playing the NT in Kiffin's defense as well. I would really love to see another super athletic player in the 3-tech mold join the team.

Another guy to keep in mind is Tyrone Crawford. He's got that DE/DT tweener body type like Hatcher and could have a large part of the rotation next year at both positions.

I definitely want to see Carter blitzing more he's very quick, blitzes well, and is smart enough to diagnose the play on the fly. Guys like that are excellent blitzes as they have the added ability to break off the blitz to pick up the screen pass or draw plays.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

We all want Carter to blitz. Every game we want that. Hopefully Monte dials it up.

I'm really curious to see Marvin Austin in action. Was a pet cat of mine during the draft.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We all want Carter to blitz. Every game we want that. Hopefully Monte dials it up.

I'm really curious to see Marvin Austin in action. Was a pet cat of mine during the draft.
He certainly has potential and Marinelli is the right guy for him to be working with. Question is motivation. Even after entering the league he still has questions regarding his effort ESPECIALLY if it isn't going well. Honestly it is admiration what Marinelli has done with our depleted line. I'm really hoping that we can offer him enough money/responsibilities to stay.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
He certainly has potential and Marinelli is the right guy for him to be working with. Question is motivation. Even after entering the league he still has questions regarding his effort ESPECIALLY if it isn't going well. Honestly it is admiration what Marinelli has done with our depleted line. I'm really hoping that we can offer him enough money/responsibilities to stay.
He's a higher priority than Kiffin. ...at least he better be.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Hahaha. I love Von Miller a lot. He went to my high school, so I'm a homer for him. I'd love to see him and Bruce Lee at the same time because that would be scary how fast they can shut people down. Then imagine having Ware, Hatcher, and Miller along with the rest of the rushmen going at QBs. It'd be nuts!

But that still is a horrible trade proposal. There's no need to give up 4 starters who are playing decent to good. Claiborne has been playing much better since they're playing more man. Church is good at stopping runs, and he's played well enough to not be a huge hole at safety. Hurt or not I wouldn't give up Murray since he's been pretty good this year. Then there's a second rounder who would almost certainly be a starter. Damn that noise. Not shocking that it comes from ESPN. lol

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Lets not forget Scandrick who continues to be great and sometimes overlooked.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...through-week-7
Old 10-23-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Lets not forget Scandrick who continues to be great and sometimes overlooked.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...through-week-7
Bravo. Nice shoutout. Scandrick has been a steady contributor here since his arrival. More ups than downs and never as bad as Alan Ball or Jacques Reeves. Thing I always admired of him was his football smarts. I had a hunch than when we moved to this scheme that he would be a better player. He's much better diagnosing plays and using his smarts than trying to consistently match up athletically in man coverage. That's why I thought the zone stuff would suit him well.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:31 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Carter recently got picked up off the street by New England. I always liked him in a 4-3 alignment. Would have been a nice pick up as a stop gap if the Lost Boys weren't already playing relatively well.

Also. Anyone see the news today regarding Ratliff getting clearance to play. Not more then a week ago his agent was yapping about how the injury was worse then previously diagnosed. He will probably end up on the Giant's Defensive Line so I can legit hate the guy but I'm extremely disappointed with his piss poor attitude for someone who looked like a feel good story.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

You can already legit hate him. The moment he was released his agent chastised Dallas for rushing him and that his injury would prevent him from playing the rest of the year.

A week later he's unofficially cleared to play and is trying out for other teams.

One good point is that if he does make a team you can expect litigation as Jerry hinted at. If Ratliff refused to play, or faked being a long-term injury, and then proceeds to pass physicals for another team we will be able to file a grievance and potentially get some of the cash back. I imagine the cap number won't be effected but at least the douche doesn't get to hold onto it.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well guys, we are heading to London next year. Looks like we will be playing Bridgewater's Jaguars.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
Well guys, we are heading to London next year. Looks like we will be playing Bridgewater's Jaguars.
Jerry's marketing speak is a ton of fun. He was asked by a reporter if the team would be interested in playing in London. "Absolutely but the Dallas Cowboys will NEVER (ton of emphasis on NEVER) play a home game outside of Dallas.

Makes a ton of financial sense to create a bigger market while not losing out on any income. Add in that you take away the opposition's home crowd (LOL @ Jacksonville's "crowd") and it makes sense.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Jay Ratliff...

Don't be talkin' about how much you loved your teammates here. If he's truly healthy to play, then he's a complete scum and backstabber.

Wait a minute... we already knew that. LOL.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
IRVING, Texas -- Rookie safety J.J. Wilcox was not able to finish Thursday’s practice because of a knee injury that will require an MRI and will put his status for Sunday’s game against the Detroit Lions into question.

Wilcox
The initial fear is that Wilcox sprained the medial collateral ligament in his right knee. Running back DeMarco Murray suffered a sprained MCL against the Washington Redskins and did not play last week against the Philadelphia Eagles.

If Wilcox is unable to play, then undrafted safety Jeff Heath could move into the role. Heath grew up 40 minutes from Detroit and will have 80 family and friends on hand for the game. He saw his first non-mop up defensive work last week against the Eagles.

Calling Jakar Hamilton up from the practice squad could be an option if Wilcox can’t play with only three safeties on the 53-man roster: Barry Church, Danny McCray and Heath. Wilcox has started the last five games and has 28 tackles and a pass deflection.

Murray took part in his second straight limited practice, but it appears he could return Sunday.

“I thought he was moving around good the latter part of practice,” Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said.

Wide receiver Dez Bryant (hamstring, wrist) returned for a full practice on Thursday after he was limited on Wednesday. Wide receiver Miles Austin (hamstring) was listed as limited for the second straight day, but DeMarcus Ware missed his second straight day. Cornerback Morris Claiborne did not practice because he was sick.

Guard Ronald Leary returned for a full practice after he sat out of Wednesday’s workout because of a sore knee. Defensive tackle Nick Hayden said he hopes to return to practice on Friday after missing his second straight practice with a sore back.

Defensive tackle Jason Hatcher (stinger), defensive end George Selvie (shoulder) and running back Lance Dunbar (hamstring) were limited for the second straight day.
Great, Now Wilcox is hurt. Hope its not serious

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

:/ Bleh. He was turning the corner too. Could be a nice opportunity for Jeff Heath. He showed very well in camp/preseason and forced the team to keep him on the roster as he wouldn't have survived waivers for the PS.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys mobile app seems to feel that Wilcox's injury isn't too serious, and that he may be back next week against the Vikings while definitely being ready for the game after that against the Saints.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Next guy up. Embrace the concept and rely on the quality of our defensive coaches!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Dang... all banged up!

Instead of the Doomsday Defense, should this era's nickname be The Bang Brothers?
Old 10-24-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

Next guy up. Embrace the concept and rely on the quality of our defensive coaches!