Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-24-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's unfortunate about Wilcox, it hurts especially this week having to start a back up against the lions passing attack. We'll have to hope for the best. lol
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-jones-cowboys

Well nice to see the professionals are catching up with me.

LOL!!!!!
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCowboysTroll View Post
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-jones-cowboys

Well nice to see the professionals are catching up with me.

LOL!!!!!
This is the guy that wrote that story.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess my salary cap posts prove I'm smarter than the "professionals". The 'Boys are not in a "salary cap catastrophe" or even remotely close.

Anyone can look at the total cap charge right now and freak before realizing the team gave huge base salaries to their key contributors without bonuses with the intention of restructuring the bonuses in later for cap space. It allows them to pick when they want savings and also saves the team money down the road by essentially making the end of contracts easily carved out.

Intelligence doesn't sell articles. Fear mongering and a polarizing topic certainly does.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
This is the guy that wrote that story.

Ad hominem attacks. Guess I am not the only one to suffer at your hands.

Last edited by BobTheCowboysTroll : 10-25-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I guess my salary cap posts prove I'm smarter than the "professionals". The 'Boys are not in a "salary cap catastrophe" or even remotely close.

Anyone can look at the total cap charge right now and freak before realizing the team gave huge base salaries to their key contributors without bonuses with the intention of restructuring the bonuses in later for cap space. It allows them to pick when they want savings and also saves the team money down the road by essentially making the end of contracts easily carved out.

Intelligence doesn't sell articles. Fear mongering and a polarizing topic certainly does.
Did you read the article?

Be nice to see a pointed retort instead of a statement of fact which many not be so.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Be nice to see a pointed retort instead of a statement of fact which many not be so.
I actually did read the article. It pointed out how clueless and false based his opinion is. He threw out some numbers to skew the common fan's opinion and you bought it - hook, line and sinker. I was interested to see what this guy had written in the past, so I clicked on his name at the top of the article and it lead me to his pic. After that, it all made sense. Even you can admit that the "professional" behind the words seems questionable.

BTW, I just noticed that his plaid collar shirt is made up of Steelers colors. LMAO

There's nothing to retort because the entire thing lacks real substance. Is he trying to infer that we won't resign Tyron or Dez? And you believe that? What is the bottom line fear that he's predicting will happen?
Old 10-25-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I always read grantland even if it's terribly uninformed content. Yes I read it.

Quote:
Cowboys are expected to be $31 million over the salary cap next year, with an NFL executive decrying their financial situation as "a train wreck."
I've covered this already. Click on the spoiler.

Quote:
They have terrible drafts and great drafts. They do something good teams do — lock up their own young talent — and somehow make more mistakes doing it than anybody else. If insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results, nobody is crazier than Jerry Jones, personnel man.
Hearsay. The team has done fine aside from the major speed-bump of the Wade Phillips era.

Quote:
Total Picks: 78

Best Player: DeMarcus Ware, defensive end, 11th overall pick in 2005

Worst Pick: Bobby Carpenter, linebacker, 18th overall pick in 2006

Best Value: Jason Witten, tight end, 69th overall pick in 2003

First Round Busts: Bobby Carpenter; Felix Jones and Mike Jenkins (2008)

Overall Grade: B

Missing both Jones and Jenkins in 2008 hurt, but the Cowboys have done a fantastic job of finding players—especially on defense with Sean Lee, Anthony Spencer, Marcus Spears, Chris Canty, Bradie James and Jay Ratliff—who have made an impact from a number of spots in the draft.
Add Dez, Tyron, Carter, Claiborne, etc that were after the article and the grade improves. Hardly a major issue and consistent problem. Once again intelligence doesn't sell articles so you list a bunch of media driven drivel with polarizing teams and you sell.

Quote:
Let's start with that running back situation, a scary case of history repeating itself.
Strange Dallas is the only team that hasn't drafted a HOF running back despite there being at least 10 in every draft. To supplement the team's failure to find a HOF back they have tried to utilize a 1-2 punch of pairing oft-injured backs with explosive counterparts. Funny how this approach is perfect when half of the NFL utilizes it but a "scary case of history repeating" when Dallas goes. Once again. Drivel. It is actually shameful you quoted this article and claimed to be intelligent off of it.

Quote:
The weird, inconsistent part of that argument is that the Cowboys have actually had great success mining the scrap heap and undrafted free-agent pools for players who became key contributors to their core.
Perhaps the "OH MY GAWD SO AWFUL" scouting department actually does a good job. Sounds like a complement the editor obviously missed taking this out. Moving on.

His continued point about extending players coming back to haunt the team is absolutely correct although hindsight is 20/20. The team didn't have a whole lot of choice with the resigning barring the most recent Jay Ratliff one that was incredibly stupid.

Just to highlight a few of the "bad" contracts.

Barber: He was playing out of his mind and the contract was in line for what "good" backs were making despite him outperforming them. Revisionist history at it's best to call it awful.

Austin: If not for NFL owners conspiring to screw the team this was an EXCELLENT contract. It is a perfect case study on why the league can never have an uncapped year ever again.

Free: Underpaid and immediately heralded as an excellent signing. Got paid less than the market dictated and the Bucs would have paid him. Not only is this revisionist history but it's TERRIBLE journalism and shows he did zero research.

Rat: Same thing as above. Aside from the extra money dumped in for no reason recently this contract is fine.

For the majority of the other names injuries took their toll in unexpected ways. In EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE the team paid no more than market value and repeatedly paid less than the amount they would have landed on the open FA market.

Quote:
massive amounts of dead money hit their cap
More bad journalism. Look at the spoiler at the start for the dead amounts. Absolutely appalling this guy has a job.

I'm honestly done with the article from here as he takes points from overthecap for financials and then blatantly ignores the cap figures in later years to say "things will get hairy later".

Lazy. Lazy. Lazy. The work isn't hard and he honestly probably wouldn't have written the article if he had done his homework.

That good enough for you Bob?
Old 10-25-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I came across this article about the Cowboys salary cap issues a few days ago

http://deadspin.com/the-cowboys-sala...ess-1448688717

and since then I've seen 6 different pointless articles about the Cowboys salary cap lol.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys will make it work, and always do with regards to the cap. Every team has holes and bad contracts and has had to cut bait with a promising player or two that didn't work out. It's just easier to sell because of the "LOL JERRAH JONES" factor.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
The Cowboys will make it work, and always do with regards to the cap. Every team has holes and bad contracts and has had to cut bait with a promising player or two that didn't work out. It's just easier to sell because of the "LOL JERRAH JONES" factor.
No doubt, a team will be fielded every year no matter how mediocre or bad it may be.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
I always read grantland even if it's terribly uninformed content. Yes I read it.

I've covered this already. Click on the spoiler.

Hearsay. The team has done fine aside from the major speed-bump of the Wade Phillips era.

Add Dez, Tyron, Carter, Claiborne, etc that were after the article and the grade improves. Hardly a major issue and consistent problem. Once again intelligence doesn't sell articles so you list a bunch of media driven drivel with polarizing teams and you sell.

Strange Dallas is the only team that hasn't drafted a HOF running back despite there being at least 10 in every draft. To supplement the team's failure to find a HOF back they have tried to utilize a 1-2 punch of pairing oft-injured backs with explosive counterparts. Funny how this approach is perfect when half of the NFL utilizes it but a "scary case of history repeating" when Dallas goes. Once again. Drivel. It is actually shameful you quoted this article and claimed to be intelligent off of it.

Perhaps the "OH MY GAWD SO AWFUL" scouting department actually does a good job. Sounds like a complement the editor obviously missed taking this out. Moving on.

His continued point about extending players coming back to haunt the team is absolutely correct although hindsight is 20/20. The team didn't have a whole lot of choice with the resigning barring the most recent Jay Ratliff one that was incredibly stupid.

Just to highlight a few of the "bad" contracts.

Barber: He was playing out of his mind and the contract was in line for what "good" backs were making despite him outperforming them. Revisionist history at it's best to call it awful.

Austin: If not for NFL owners conspiring to screw the team this was an EXCELLENT contract. It is a perfect case study on why the league can never have an uncapped year ever again.

Free: Underpaid and immediately heralded as an excellent signing. Got paid less than the market dictated and the Bucs would have paid him. Not only is this revisionist history but it's TERRIBLE journalism and shows he did zero research.

Rat: Same thing as above. Aside from the extra money dumped in for no reason recently this contract is fine.

For the majority of the other names injuries took their toll in unexpected ways. In EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE the team paid no more than market value and repeatedly paid less than the amount they would have landed on the open FA market.

More bad journalism. Look at the spoiler at the start for the dead amounts. Absolutely appalling this guy has a job.

I'm honestly done with the article from here as he takes points from overthecap for financials and then blatantly ignores the cap figures in later years to say "things will get hairy later".

Lazy. Lazy. Lazy. The work isn't hard and he honestly probably wouldn't have written the article if he had done his homework.

That good enough for you Bob?

Algebra dictates the more contracts you scrap before maturity, the bigger the cap hits going forward. The more contracts you have to restructure before maturity to get under the cap, the more cap hits you take later. Vicious cycle. Your "points" ignore math. The article does not (look below link).

What accounting games Jerrah does to solve year 1 problem, only make worse year 2/3/4/5/6. In turn, years 2/3/4/5/6 see more and more dead cap space. Again, vicious cycle. No team in the NFL is worse than the Cowboys going forward in terms of flexibility.

http://overthecap.com/teamcontract.php?Team=Cowboys

Thru 2016, with no big cuts of big player, we already have nearly $99.9MM of the cap spent already. By comparison other teams in 2016 ....

Giants $33MM
Eagles $69MM
Redskins $50MM

SF 52MM
Seattle $38MM
Rams $58MM
Cardinals $51MM

Saints $95 (second highest)
Falcons $57MM
Panthers $63MM
Tampa $71MM

Broncos 48MM
Raiders $35MM
Chiefs $47MM
Chargers $23MM

Colts 36MM
Texans $69MM
Titans $58MM
Jaguars $20MM

Steelers $47MM
Bengals $27MM
Browns $46MM
Ravens $62MM

Patriots $66MM
Jets $48MM
Bills $63MM
Dolphins $77MM

Lions $81MM
Vikings $59
Bears $22M
Green Bay 63MM

......... so I suggest you sharpen that pencil b/c the experts seem better informed than you are. So sign Dez and Tyron and you are done. Don't expect the team to get better and do expect them to be required to trade draft picks for "future considerations."

Cowboys have the worst CAP situation in the league. Snyder and Al Davis Jr laugh at Jerrah. Only New Orleans is close and that is all Drew Brees but if he gets cut that number goes down $20MM in 2016.

And when you look at the Dead Money Column for 2016 ... $30MM. Worst of all teams and even worse when you think about it. It means if all those players on that list got to 2016 and then you cut them all ..... your CAP is $30MM dead. So imagine they sign a few more guys, it gets worse.

LOL. U Jerrah apologists!!!!!!!!!! Always a hoot!!!!!

Last edited by BobTheCowboysTroll : 10-25-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Okay Bob you know best.

In actuality I'm not going to waste my time again to explain basic cap manipulation to someone who formed an opinion before reviewing information. Go enjoy ESPN and the BleacherReport.

My own fault for engaging you despite being on my ignore list.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Okay Bob you know best.

In actuality I'm not going to waste my time again to explain basic cap manipulation to someone who formed an opinion before reviewing information. Go enjoy ESPN and the BleacherReport.

My own fault for engaging you despite being on my ignore list.
You are truly stubborn. I provide # on all 32 teams and your response is "Jerrah will manipulate." OK, well he is manipulating the worst CAP situation in the NFL. And we all know the more you manipulate CAP today, the worst it becomes tomorrow. All you are doing is kicking the can down the road. Evidence? The stats I just gave you and website.

I read an article in some scholarly journal that stated that today's people are less intelligent, more irrational and more emotional than our Greeks forebear's. This dwindling of logic and reason in debates bears poorly on our future.

They postulate that social safety nets and scientific advancements in medicine are allowing certain folks who should have disappeared due to lack of cranial power are no longer and that we are not exercising our minds as much as they did back in the Greek period. The less we need to figure to survive, the less we figure. Since things are so easy, the mind simply gets soft.

Like Idiocracy. Great movie.

Last edited by BobTheCowboysTroll : 10-26-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The bottom line for me, whether you agree with the way JJ runs the cap or not, is W-L's. We are approching 20 years of FAILURE under JJ unless your satisfied with 1 playoff win over those soon to be 20 years. Good drafts, bad drafts, stern coaches, player coaches, good deals, bad deals, none of it really matters if your winning. We've had all of the above and are still a .500 team over the last 18 years! Its VERY clear that since Jimmy left, our franchise is nothing but mediocre under the Jones' leadership. That cannot be argued. JJ's a great owner but a below average/Bad GM and our record and lack of playoff success since Jimmy left prove it. If JJ was the brains behind our glory in the 90s it wouldnt have taken him this long to get us back to that level. Jimmy did it in 3 years, JJ is on his 18th. Its a damn shame hes run this once great franchise into the ground, but I guess as long as his wallet is full it'll never change.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Jimmy did nothing in Miami when he had full control. I appreciate what he did here and he had some AMAZING success. But the Cowboys success was not one man's to credit. Jerry and Jimmy had equally bad egos.

I know cheering for the Cowboys has been full of heart ache but I can honestly say that I have enjoyed the overall process of getting better. I've fallen in love with many players that have come and gone who have given me hope along the way. I'm disappointed that we haven't had more success but I'm not gonna sit here and act like I haven't had a lot of joys along the way. I can only speak fir myself but the last 18 or so years cheering for this team were not so torturous for me. *shrugs*
Old 10-26-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Jimmy did nothing in Miami when he had full control. I appreciate what he did here and he had some AMAZING success. But the Cowboys success was not one man's to credit. Jerry and Jimmy had equally bad egos.

I know cheering for the Cowboys has been full of heart ache but I can honestly say that I have enjoyed the overall process of getting better. I've fallen in love with many players that have come and gone who have given me hope along the way. I'm disappointed that we haven't had more success but I'm not gonna sit here and act like I haven't had a lot of joys along the way. I can only speak fir myself but the last 18 or so years cheering for this team were not so torturous for me. *shrugs*
Jimmy got put in a bad situation in Miami, with a declining legend in Marino. Besides in his 5 years in Miami he had more playoff wins than JJ has had in the 18 years since. I love the Cowboys and most of the players as well. And Im always hopeful that this will be the year that things will be different. Since 2000 we are 108-107 with 1 playoff win. You've enjoyed the process of getting better? 5-11, 5-11, 5-11, 10-6, 6-10, 9-7, 9-7, 13-3, 9-7, 11-5, 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, 4-3...We've had a few good years in the 2000's which were followed by average or losing years. There will always be hope (blind faith?) but its clear that JJ's process is not a consistant winning one. Again, if he was any good it wouldnt take 20 years to get where Jimmy got us in three. I dont see how you guys can defend the GM. If JJ wasnt an owner and was a GM with ANY team, he'd have been run out of the league years ago. Hes a businessman that wanted GM recognition but has failed miserably since the true mastermind left in 94.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
The bottom line for me, whether you agree with the way JJ runs the cap or not, is W-L's. We are approching 20 years of FAILURE under JJ unless your satisfied with 1 playoff win over those soon to be 20 years. Good drafts, bad drafts, stern coaches, player coaches, good deals, bad deals, none of it really matters if your winning. We've had all of the above and are still a .500 team over the last 18 years! Its VERY clear that since Jimmy left, our franchise is nothing but mediocre under the Jones' leadership. That cannot be argued. JJ's a great owner but a below average/Bad GM and our record and lack of playoff success since Jimmy left prove it. If JJ was the brains behind our glory in the 90s it wouldnt have taken him this long to get us back to that level. Jimmy did it in 3 years, JJ is on his 18th. Its a damn shame hes run this once great franchise into the ground, but I guess as long as his wallet is full it'll never change.
i disagree that jj is a bad gm. jj is as good of gm as his head coach and personnel people around him to help make the decisions. under jimmy he was great, under mediocre coaches like wade phillips and chain gailey he was mediocre gm, i won't put campo on him b/c he was only the coach b/c they put all those cap years of dead money into that time frame. but under parcells and garrett the drafting has been better. i don't think you can put all of this team failures squarely on 1 person.

if weren't for jj we wouldn't have gotten charles haley who was the missing piece to a dynasty and you wouldn't have gotten d-ware the best pass rusher of his generation.

you look at alot other great franchise coach/gm combinations, belichik and pioli. pioli has had no success since leaving, and belichik without pioli picking the player is no longer the great defensive mastermind that he was regarded as 5 or 6 years ago. the only reason for his success is he has tom brady.

with garrett in charge with a clear view of the type of guys he wants the drafts have been good. a bad gm doesn't draft 3 starters in one drft

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 10-26-2013 at 04:19 PM.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
That's unfortunate about Wilcox, it hurts especially this week having to start a back up against the lions passing attack. We'll have to hope for the best. lol
It does suck. Was really enjoying seeing him grow out there. Our draft class has some guys really making some big plays for us out there, Terrance Williams has surpassed my expectations.

This Detroit game is very, very big. We've won 2 games in a row which is already a feat in itself, and if we beat Detroit we have Minnesota next, I don't know about you guys but I can't remember the last 4 game winning streak we had but that type of momentum is what we need going into New Orleans. Detroit is just a bad matchup for us, Stafford is going to be throwing the ball all over the place but I do like Carr on Calvin. Calvin is gonna get his yardage but Carr does well on those bigger WR's.

I think we lose, just because it seems like a game we lose. I am not used to seeing us beat these type of offenses but I hope they prove me wrong. Right now Going with Detroit 31 Dallas 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the keys to this game on offense is dealing with Detroit's two DTs in the middle. With Murray back they can mix it up well, but it's going to be a tough task for Frederick and Leary. Romo with pressure up the middle has issues, but with Beastley coming up they can really use an opportunity to eat up some space in the middle. Murray is also good at picking up the blitz, so they can give Leary and Frederick a lot of help there instead of leaving them on their own against a tough interior.

For defense it's all about minimizing everything else besides Megatron. Of course they should try to stop him, but I don't should sell out so much that it opens up the field for other guys. I'd have Bruce Carter spy on Bush while leaving a safety over the top to keep Megatron from killing them deep. He'll definitely get his, but pressure from the line could help with that. I just want them to keep an eye on those flats with Bush since that's been a problem for so long.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bush is what scares me. We haven't shown the ability to cover a quick RB or a receiving TE consistently. If we think we can put Carter or Lee on Bush out of the backfield for 4 quarters our 3rd downs are going to be miserable on defense. In fact I can see that coming from a mile away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at how they handled McCoy though. I think that Lee or Carter has the speed to deal with him as long as they aren't on an island. If they get one of them spying while letting one of the safeties come up to help if needed I can see them getting to him before he becomes a problem. I really can't wait to see what happens tomorrow because they are playing much better with their coverages on D than what they were earlier in the year. We'll see how the loss of Wilcox affects things.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Look at how they handled McCoy though. I think that Lee or Carter has the speed to deal with him as long as they aren't on an island. If they get one of them spying while letting one of the safeties come up to help if needed I can see them getting to him before he becomes a problem. I really can't wait to see what happens tomorrow because they are playing much better with their coverages on D than what they were earlier in the year. We'll see how the loss of Wilcox affects things.
mccoy and bush are different. lesean mccoy doesn't have elite speed, he has elite stop & start ability to make guys miss and you see that burst

bush is a track star, we're going to have to find a way to get more speed on the field to deal with him, wouldn't be surprised if we went primarily out of the nickel with scandrick covering bush
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Hamilton, Arkin and Maybe Mcgee

Recent news... we cut Arkin and promoted Hamilton. I think this was a show me what you can do now thing.

Mcgee was waived by Cleveland....I hope they can sign him to the practice squad. I think those are the kinds of players we need. Not sure why Cleveland would cut him...but Cleveland sucks.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode
mccoy and bush are different. lesean mccoy doesn't have elite speed, he has elite stop & start ability to make guys miss and you see that burst

bush is a track star, we're going to have to find a way to get more speed on the field to deal with him, wouldn't be surprised if we went primarily out of the nickel with scandrick covering bush
I had the same thoughts regarding Scandrick. Bush is a scary proposition this season and we seem to get stung underneath often. I still have flashbacks to that New Orleans game a few years back when the Fullback for the Saints made us look stupid for something like 3 TD's.