Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-28-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Claiborne may have been vastly overrated, Carr is good but may not have been worth what they paid, the safeties are inexperienced and basically you have church who may or may not be the answer and Wilcox who is still learning.

I will say again what concerns me more is you have a offense loaded with talented weapons and have been struggling since the denver game, please explain that...
Still scored 30. Should be enough to win.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
We gave up a 1st and a 2nd for a Corner, we paid top dollar for a FA at Corner, we are starting another high draft pick at Safety and the Slot, and we still are getting RIPPED through the air. Please explain.

Lol how do you want me to explain it? Our defense sucks. The schemes are soft, not aggressive, if we get a lead we just give up big chunks of plays. The big chunks of yardage we gave up to Gates and Woodhead had nothing to do with who our CB's and Safeties were, the scheme kept putting a LB on Antonio Gates with a full release off the line. The scheme kept letting Calvin get a free release, I don't even know what the hell defense that was on the 4th and goal. If your coverage is to press man and jam the **** out of him right there that route is checked out of or at the very worst, contested.

I don't think Carr just picked to play that coverage on his own. There are no adjustments on D. When we are getting ripped to shreds by 1 single thing, we keep letting it destroy us. We had absolutely no change in the way we covered Calvin. Patrick Peterson got destroyed by Calvin so Carr was in no shape to shut him down but at least give him hell trying to get into his routes, bring a LB underneath and a Safety over the top. But we kept staying back 8 yards, then bailing out for the deep ball, and almost every slant, deep in, or post was a easy catch in stride.

I am not worried about Claiborne, he's young, he can cover, he's very instinctual, right now he's a man cover corner playing a lot more zone with a dislocated shoulder off another missed off-season, I expect up and downs. Carr is very solid, a game against Calvin doesn't bother me. Unless we want to forget all the clutch plays he's made for us, nobody said he was Richard Sherman but you could do a lot worse as a #1 CB and pairing him with Claiborne is a great duo.

What does bother me is what I'm seeing involving those guys relating to Kiffin. When QB's are passing for this type of yardage and the adjustments are non existent, I can't really look at the players yet. Plus with the team in general having a losing mentality, I almost feel like either side of the ball is going to fail at any given time when it matters most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Still scored 30. Should be enough to win.
Not in this league anymore. We had the chance to blow that team out offense failed. Shoulda scored 50 like any good aggressive offensive team would in that situation and we wouldn't worry about holding them at the end.

We will just have to agree to disagree, it was nice debating this with you.

Last edited by Jas : 10-28-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not in this league anymore. We had the chance to blow that team out offense failed. Shoulda scored 50 like any good aggressive offensive team would in that situation and we wouldn't worry about holding them at the end.

We will just have to agree to disagree, it was nice debating this with you.
24 other teams played this week. 6 teams scored 30 or more. On the likes of Jacksonville, the Jets, Minnesota, Washington and Tampa Bay. Some came on STs and D scoring. Your statement is false. The only other team to score 30 and lose was Minny and they were pretty much getting blown out most of the game and got a late junk TD. Your D should be good enough to win when your O scores 30 and you make them have to go 80 yards in a min with no timeouts.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 10-28-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Lol how do you want me to explain it? Our defense sucks. The schemes are soft, not aggressive, if we get a lead we just give up big chunks of plays. The big chunks of yardage we gave up to Gates and Woodhead had nothing to do with who our CB's and Safeties were, the scheme kept putting a LB on Antonio Gates with a full release off the line. The scheme kept letting Calvin get a free release, I don't even know what the hell defense that was on the 4th and goal. If your coverage is to press man and jam the **** out of him right there that route is checked out of or at the very worst, contested.

I don't think Carr just picked to play that coverage on his own. There are no adjustments on D. When we are getting ripped to shreds by 1 single thing, we keep letting it destroy us. We had absolutely no change in the way we covered Calvin. Patrick Peterson got destroyed by Calvin so Carr was in no shape to shut him down but at least give him hell trying to get into his routes, bring a LB underneath and a Safety over the top. But we kept staying back 8 yards, then bailing out for the deep ball, and almost every slant, deep in, or post was a easy catch in stride.

I am not worried about Claiborne, he's young, he can cover, he's very instinctual, right now he's a man cover corner playing a lot more zone with a dislocated shoulder off another missed off-season, I expect up and downs. Carr is very solid, a game against Calvin doesn't bother me. Unless we want to forget all the clutch plays he's made for us, nobody said he was Richard Sherman but you could do a lot worse as a #1 CB and pairing him with Claiborne is a great duo.

What does bother me is what I'm seeing involving those guys relating to Kiffin. When QB's are passing for this type of yardage and the adjustments are non existent, I can't really look at the players yet. Plus with the team in general having a losing mentality, I almost feel like either side of the ball is going to fail at any given time when it matters most.
I dont know what the answer is, unless we just clean house. We have way to many resorces in that secondary to be setting all time records. Like I said earlier, seems no matter what we run or whos running it we get the same results.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
24 other teams played this week. 6 teams scored 30 or more. On the likes of Jacksonville, the Jets, Minnesota, Washington and Tampa Bay. Some came on STs and D scoring. Your statement is false. The only other team to score 30 and lose was Minny and they were pretty much getting blown out most of the game and got a late junk TD. Your D should be good enough to win when your O scores 30 and you make them have to go 80 yards in a min with no timeouts.
Look we expected a shoot out here, we knew it may take 30+ to win, turns out the defense kept them shut down for a half and we blew the opportunity to blow them out.
And if you want to beat the real teams, the teams with winning records, that are coming up saints, pack even chicago..or anyone in the playoffs, be prepared to score lots of points. Have a good evening.

Last edited by Jas : 10-28-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont know what the answer is, unless we just clean house. We have way to many resorces in that secondary to be setting all time records. Like I said earlier, seems no matter what we run or whos running it we get the same results.
the problem isn't the secondary its the lack of pass rush. other than hatcher's lone sack in the 4th quarter we hardly sniffed stafford. i guarantee you if the pass rush was all over the qb then the coverage would be alot better, look at the giants. even with all the big passing game we've given up, i'd still take the guys in our secondary over anyone of those guys from there superbowl runs. no of their guys can cover their just zone corners who are really good tacklers, and you see its caught up to them now that they no longer have a dominant pass rush anymore
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if anyone caught NFL primetime tonight but they asked the exact same question. Why we didn't change up anything with Calvin. They showed the Cardinals game where Detroit scored 10 points and it was vice coverage, with 2 players jamming him at the line of scrimmage, literally every time. The Saints did it against him, Panthers, it's the Tony Gonzalez treatment, just all over the field.

Where is our adjustment like that? We let Calvin Johnson rack up 150 at halftime, then come out for 2 more quarters and put 1 CB off of him 8 yards everytime. Let that sink in. We didn't do a single thing differently. If you can't make those types of adjustments those are signs of being a HORRIBLE coordinator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:50 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know if anyone caught NFL primetime tonight but they asked the exact same question. Why we didn't change up anything with Calvin. They showed the Cardinals game where Detroit scored 10 points and it was vice coverage, with 2 players jamming him at the line of scrimmage, literally every time. The Saints did it against him, Panthers, it's the Tony Gonzalez treatment, just all over the field.

Where is our adjustment like that? We let Calvin Johnson rack up 150 at halftime, then come out for 2 more quarters and put 1 CB off of him 8 yards everytime. Let that sink in. We didn't do a single thing differently. If you can't make those types of adjustments those are signs of being a HORRIBLE coordinator.
As a USC fan, when I heard we got Monte my head sunk. Ya'll know I was against it from the very start. His defenses were atrocious and they were especially bad against spread offenses.

I tried to listen to the chants ring here of his legendary NFL defenses. I tried to believe against logic that the Tampa 2 still has a place in today's NFL as a base defense. I tried to believe that the reason he didn't succeed was because of USC's restrictions. I tried to believe that he failed because he was an "NFL" coach and that the limited amount of practices allowed in the NCAA prevented him from implementing his defenses to the fullest. I tried to believe that he was just an NFL coach stuck in a college world. I got a big boost in hoping this would work when we were able to reel in Marinelli!

I'm STILL hopeful that we can salvage something from this season. Games like Philly give me confidence. The turnovers are starting to look like it's more than just luck. I'm amazed at the job Marinelli continues to do with scraps. Makes me wonder how good they'd be if guys were healthy. The CBs are at least starting to play more man. The defense is giving up waaaaaaaay too many yards, but we're not capitalizing off their turnovers!

10 points off 4 turnovers is unacceptable. Unacceptable for a HC who overloaded the offense in the draft. Unacceptable for an offense that has been implemented since 2007!!! Whoever thinks we are running Callahan's offense is being gullible. It looks nothing like what he ran in Oakland and Nebraska. Callahan might've tried to make his mark early in the season with his messed up version of the West Coast offense dink and dunk crapola, but it's clear Garrett has taken back the reigns in the passing game plans each week. Kudos to Garrett for that, but the offense has been sputtering equally as bad as the defense. Take away the big plays on defense and the big plays on offense and they are BOTH equally bad.

If you took away the big TDs to T-Will and Dez, Tony Romo goes 12 of 28 for measly 96 yards passing! Take away the 10 points generated from turnovers and the Cowboys put up 20 points against the Lions at home. That's not good enough to win! Anybody who watched the game shared the same feeling all game long that the offense was not getting the job done. Period. I'm not blaming only the offense and only the defense. They BOTH have to sharpen up and it's not a problem that isn't correctable. I don't care what injuries we're facing. We are good enough to hang with any team and we've proven that. Beating them has been another story, but better execution, better game planning, paying attention to detail and playing with guts and passion can elevate us out of mediocrity. We need our leaders to step up!

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-29-2013 at 04:38 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:51 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Media spin on Dez looks like a joke now.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...s-all-positive

Love how he's trying to inspire Tony and how he takes well to Dooling's advice.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:14 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
When he is fearless and he gets rid of the ball good things tend to happen. If he's having too much success, watch out, he's gonna do something we'll regret soon enough. Cause when he gets careless that usually leads to doom. Then add to that... as if the mistake wasn't bad enough, the following drives result in a reeled back conservative Romo and we get away from doing what we do best. The best way for him to get over his mistakes is to keep being relentless. We saw Stafford get picked off 4 times and he kept coming and coming. There's NO WAY Romo does the same. He doesn't get over things that quickly. It stays with him. He'll tend to avoid going back to the guy until he gets in a groove again.
I blame the media, "Fans" and a coach in fear of losing his job.

Romo had this ability and because everybody lost their collective minds over a few brain farts. He's lost his spark. This is the same QB who won a game against Buffalo after throwing 5 INT's.

Romo has been neutered.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:28 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am still more interested in hearing a Witten, Ware and Bryant sound clip more then anything. That I am willing to bet isn't 100% positive. To see Ware have to act like that there had to be a meltdown. If i am wrong I am but I think a line was crossed there Ware is one of the most level headed players the NFL has seen in a long time.

What Dez was saying in the one clip is nothing bad but actually good i agree. Just will be interesting to see if there is one and what was said.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he can, he does it with Witten and Austin quite a bit, I just don't know if it's he doesn't want to, or like to, or what. Hell the first TD Dez had he wasn't even the slightest bit open, but for some reason Romo won't make contested throws to Dez even though the results are there. We would prefer to sputter for 3 quarters, not scoring any points or generating any offense, and forcing it to a guy who can't beat man to man coverage.

I've seen him do it plenty to know he can, but he doesn't seem to prefer it at all. We make it look like defenses are playing some new revolutionary defense. I don't think Dez needs 15 catches a game, but if you are struggling to generate any movement on offense and you're not throwing to your best weapon along the way, that seems like an easy fix. I'd rather the old gun slinger romo come back, that guy still threw picks too but he wasn't afraid to put the ball into tight spaces.

Watching Aaron Rodgers all I saw was Nelson getting balls when he was covered, but if you put Romo in that offense he's ignoring Jordy because of double coverage and throwing to Myles White short of the 1st down marker. If we ever make it far enough in a season to have a meaningful drive, all were gonna do is throw it to the 3rd and 4th best players on offense because the D will never expect that!
Yeah that game was amazing. If anyone wants to know what I mean by "throwing guys open" just watch what Rodgers did vs the Vikings. That was a prime example of what I meant. He made some amazing throws in that game.

I think Romo can do it as well. We've seen him do it before. But the past several years for whatever reason he stopped. He doesn't do it consistently enough anymore and I have no idea why.

When you have Dez Bryant on your team, he should get the Calvin treatment. Stafford just says F it I don't care if he's doubled I'm just throwing it up there and letting him ball out. And it works! Bc Calvin is a monster.

Dez is the same monster. Feed him the ball! I don't understand how he only had what, 3 catches?! He should be targeted a lot more than he is.

And I don't want to hear how it's all the OC bc didn't we hear how Romo is more involved in gameplanning and has a lot more control at the LOS this year? So if that's the case, you can make adjustments at the line to get Dez the ball. Get him the ball!

If I'm in charge of that offense I'm forcefeeding the ball to Dez until the defense does something about it. He's a weapon that can't be stopped by 90% of the secondaries in this league, you force him to be a factor every week. I don't understand the playcalling, and I don't understand Romo's adjustments. Get him the ball.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...out-for-season. Waters is gone.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big picture analysis from ESPN that indicates Garrett needs to go:

Since 2011, the Cowboys are 16-1 against teams that are below .500. Against teams .500 or above, they are 4-19.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
boooohoooohoooo
Old 10-29-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Big picture analysis from ESPN that indicates Garrett needs to go:

Since 2011, the Cowboys are 16-1 against teams that are below .500. Against teams .500 or above, they are 4-19.

Agreed, he should be gone today and Callahan with him.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
boooohoooohoooo
I know that's a huge loss.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I agree that Dez needs to be more involved, why all the Callahan hate?

You guys are 4th in the league in points per game. That's pretty damn good. Have some perspective.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
As much as I agree that Dez needs to be more involved, why all the Callahan hate?

You guys are 4th in the league in points per game. That's pretty damn good. Have some perspective.
He's taking a team built for vertical passing and turning them into a short passing attack. When you run short passing plays and then run power sets... guess what the defense will stack the box.

If he were willing to go down the field more safeties would be waaay off the LOS and we'd have an opportunity to run the ball and MAYBE develop a reasonable PA attack.

Give me more Air Coryell and less Bill Walsh.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:

We're cowboy fans we're a very emotional group..did you see D unit crying about losing waters. We are frustrated and want someone to blame we don't have 2 championships lately like some teams lol
Old 10-29-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
He's taking a team built for vertical passing and turning them into a short passing attack. When you run short passing plays and then run power sets... guess what the defense will stack the box.

If he were willing to go down the field more safeties would be waaay off the LOS and we'd have an opportunity to run the ball and MAYBE develop a reasonable PA attack.

And what he said, we're just far too conservative.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

But what more do you want from the guy? What he's doing is obviously working, bc the only 3 teams who are scoring more points than the Cowboys are the Broncos, Packers, and Chicago (skewed bc of defensive touchdowns).

So really, the only 2 teams scoring more points on offense than the Cowboys are bought more talented. So it's not like he's taking your unit and doing poorly with it.

I understand preferring one method to another, but at the end of the day, the guy is doing very well with your offense. I don't see why he should be fired at all.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
We're cowboy fans we're a very emotional group..did you see D unit crying about losing waters. We are frustrated and want someone to blame we don't have 2 championships lately like some teams lol
I understand that. I'm just trying to put it into perspective. He's doing a good job, if anything you should want Kiffin fired, not Callahan. The offense isn't the problem.

The defense on the other hand....

But offensively, the Cowboys are a top tier team. Think about the production you're getting. The OL has played very well. Your run game has an inconsistent starter (health wise) and little depth behind him, and your pass game features a beast in Dez, and now Williams and Beasley are developing well into their roles as the 2 and 3. Witten is showing signs of being a little washed up but can still produce. Romo is getting everyone the ball, limiting turnovers.

The offense is very productive.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
I understand that. I'm just trying to put it into perspective. He's doing a good job, if anything you should want Kiffin fired, not Callahan. The offense isn't the problem.

The defense on the other hand....

But offensively, the Cowboys are a top tier team. Think about the production you're getting. The OL has played very well. Your run game has an inconsistent starter (health wise) and little depth behind him, and your pass game features a beast in Dez, and now Williams and Beasley are developing well into their roles as the 2 and 3. Witten is showing signs of being a little washed up but can still produce. Romo is getting everyone the ball, limiting turnovers.

The offense is very productive.
We haven't been very offensive in the last three games. Regardless of the numbers. The defense wasn't good vs Detroit but the offense failed numerous times to score points when given so many opportunities. They weren't much of a factor vs wash or philly or kc or sd either..so for all the numbers. Defense has been mostly to credit for our victories and the offense will need to be more aggressive if we have any chance to beat a packer, saints or bear team.