Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-18-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regardless, fans always think the grass is greener and usually think it after the media start implying it in its reporting. Just the way it is. Read the Dallas media, they make Parcells out to be a fool and the fans pick up on it and repeat it.

the problem with this statement is that when the dallas media give opinions and facts that seem to show that parcells isnt or hasnt got the job done its just "local media spin". when they have an opinion on a topic that shows roy williams isnt or hasnt got the job done then we get all the quotes and articles that back up what you have been saying. you cant have it both ways either the media knows what they are talking about or they dont. maybe the reason why payton is now a "genius" and last year people were "put out" with his play calling is because parcells was holding him back. the dallas media seemed to say this with zimmers play calling. parcells seems to want to win playing close to the vest and not taking any/many chances. imo thats why we lost to seattle. why have playmakers if your not going to let them make plays? i know romo is young but at some point you have to trust him. hopfully if/when we get a new o.c. and d.c. parcells will trust them enough to let them call the game and let them open it up a bit.
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
One thing that I've noticed is when a team struggles, the fans all of a sudden start clamoring for the head of the coordinator that coaches that side of the ball.

For example, last year I was hearing tons of criticism for Payton and his play calling, saying he was a stupid ass and unimaginative etc etc. Well, a year later people are worshipping at his feet and proclaiming him to be the next Bill Walsh.

It's just funny. Why can't people accept that its the PLAYERS who play the game? If your team sucks, its usually because your players aren't playing the game well. Eff.
so i guess iyo we were average (9-7) because we have average players or is it that we have good players that only played average?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetBLACK08
If Henning actually does get hired. I would be happy. He has experience with All-Pro WRs [Smith] so Owens will actually be somewhat be a threat this time around.
I hope he doesn't turn Romo into Jake Delhomme.

Oh and... Terrell Owens had a much better year than Steve Smith last year. LOL!
LOL, thats somewhat exagerrated don't you think?

Terrell Owens
G Rec Yds Avg TD
16 85 1180 13.9 13

Steve Smith
G Rec Yds Avg TD
14 83 1166 14 8

Either way. I dont think Romo will turn into Delhomme because Romo has way more weapons and past veteran teachings.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
$KidCowboy$
Rookie

$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yo. is "iameverywhere" cowboysforever too, or was that name a coincidence?

Thanks Tobzilla
$KidCowboy$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by $KidCowboy$
one in the same
Old 01-18-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
One thing that I've noticed is when a team struggles, the fans all of a sudden start clamoring for the head of the coordinator that coaches that side of the ball.

For example, last year I was hearing tons of criticism for Payton and his play calling, saying he was a stupid ass and unimaginative etc etc. Well, a year later people are worshipping at his feet and proclaiming him to be the next Bill Walsh.

It's just funny. Why can't people accept that its the PLAYERS who play the game? If your team sucks, its usually because your players aren't playing the game well. Eff.
so i guess iyo we were average (9-7) because we have average players or is it that we have good players that only played average?
Well, were we 8-4 because we had good players, or because we have average players that played good? Were we 3-3 because we had.....

You get the point. If you want to analyze the play of this team, you break it down into 3 segments: the first 6 games, the middle 6 games, and the last 4 games - while evaluating the playoff loss by itself. We were "average" with Drew in there, playing at .500 ball, though in reality we were dreadfully inconsistent, and most of the 3 losses could be directly attributable to him and/or Pat Watkins.

The next six games we were 5-1, with the one loss coming on a fluke set of circumstances, on a day when we vastly out played our opponent, but the key breaks went the other way. We dominated for most of this stretch, and I personally feel that it compares favorably with any 6 game stretch in the entire league. We were scoring, stopping people, creating turnovers while avoiding them ourselves, running the ball well....everything. Then the Saints game occurred...

...and the last four game stretch arrived, in which we were a horrible, horrible defensive team in every way, shape, and form. Combine that with a explosive, yet inconsistent offense that was turnover prone and a utter lack of pass rush, and you have the 3 out of 4 loss streak we went on.

So, to answer your question, we were a talented team that was very inconsistent, and had one problem after another arise throughout the season. The end total adds up to be "just above average", but it's not the sort of non-descript, mediocre and ultimately boring type of average that is an indication of a lack of ability, but rather the peaks-and-valleys type of average, where there was exceptional play mixed in with bone-head, stupid, or inexperienced plays in crucial situations. Does that answer your question?

And, yes, I see what your come back will be: "that's coaching".

Not true, necessarily. Dumb players do dumb things. If there are dumb players out there, no coach in the world is going to make them into a Rhodes Scholar. The other thing is that Bill's teams have not demonstrated that type of tendency in all the years he's been here, they really haven't (with the exception of the '04 bunch that was a disaster all around), and this team only did that in the last 4 games - not all season. So, if you were to say that coaching is the problem, I would have to disagree with you there.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If Henning actually does get hired. I would be happy. He has experience with All-Pro WRs [Smith] so Owens will actually be somewhat be a threat this time around.

Terrell Owens
G Rec Yds Avg TD
16 85 1180 13.9 13

Steve Smith
G Rec Yds Avg TD
14 83 1166 14 8

Either way. I dont think Romo will turn into Delhomme because Romo has way more weapons and past veteran teachings.
A 5 TD difference is a lot in my book. Shave 30 points off and we're out of the playoffs just like the Panthers.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Originally Posted by iameverywhere
Payton is being praised, and he is a good coach, but anyone see his pitch call to Bush which resulted in a fumble? Easily could have cost the Saints the game this past weekend. I did not see one analyst even mention it. He has the honeymoon going so folks over look the warts.
Are you kidding me? Is this a joke? You were just agreeing with DMW that it's the players who play the game, and then blame Payton on that play? THE PLAYERS messed that one up. This is halarius! How can you even do that. It's not like Payton called a recverse to bush at the wrong time. It's not like a pitch is a risky play call. :roll:
Let me see if I can better express myself, I was commenting on DMW mentioning how fans get upset at coaches and label them something bad then label them something brilliant when the outcomes change.

I was not discussing the players role in it nor do I think I mentioned anything of players. I think I focused it on the media and fans and how they pick on coaches unfairly many times.

As part of that idea, I pointed out the Payton situation and how fans really love him yet if that way-too-aggressive pitch play to Reggie that he fumbled (a bad call in that situation to the wrong player) turns into Eagles points the media and fans would have roasted him for losing. Likely would have called it a rookie mistake. Would have pointed out that it was too risky given how well Deuce was running, etc.

I hope that helps. That was it. I thought it was clear. Sorry.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Regardless, fans always think the grass is greener and usually think it after the media start implying it in its reporting. Just the way it is. Read the Dallas media, they make Parcells out to be a fool and the fans pick up on it and repeat it.

the problem with this statement is that when the dallas media give opinions and facts that seem to show that parcells isnt or hasnt got the job done its just "local media spin". when they have an opinion on a topic that shows roy williams isnt or hasnt got the job done then we get all the quotes and articles that back up what you have been saying. you cant have it both ways either the media knows what they are talking about or they dont. maybe the reason why payton is now a "genius" and last year people were "put out" with his play calling is because parcells was holding him back. the dallas media seemed to say this with zimmers play calling. parcells seems to want to win playing close to the vest and not taking any/many chances. imo thats why we lost to seattle. why have playmakers if your not going to let them make plays? i know romo is young but at some point you have to trust him. hopfully if/when we get a new o.c. and d.c. parcells will trust them enough to let them call the game and let them open it up a bit.
No question Parcells is not Air Coryell but they were winning 20-13 when player mistakes killed them.

I am not a big fan of the Dallas media's coverage of the Cowboys.

Do you dislike Parcells?
Old 01-18-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by $KidCowboy$
one in the same
????
Old 01-18-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

No question Parcells is not Air Coryell but they were winning 20-13 when player mistakes killed them.

Do you dislike Parcells?
is anyone a fan of the media coverage in general?
Old 01-18-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Payton is being praised, and he is a good coach, but anyone see his pitch call to Bush which resulted in a fumble? Easily could have cost the Saints the game this past weekend. I did not see one analyst even mention it. He has the honeymoon going so folks over look the warts.
Are you kidding me? Is this a joke? You were just agreeing with DMW that it's the players who play the game, and then blame Payton on that play? THE PLAYERS messed that one up. This is halarius! How can you even do that. It's not like Payton called a recverse to bush at the wrong time. It's not like a pitch is a risky play call. :roll:
Let me see if I can better express myself, I was commenting on DMW mentioning how fans get upset at coaches and label them something bad then label them something brilliant when the outcomes change.

I was not discussing the players role in it nor do I think I mentioned anything of players. I think I focused it on the media and fans and how they pick on coaches unfairly many times.

As part of that idea, I pointed out the Payton situation and how fans really love him yet if that way-too-aggressive pitch play to Reggie that he fumbled (a bad call in that situation to the wrong player) turns into Eagles points the media and fans would have roasted him for losing. Likely would have called it a rookie mistake. Would have pointed out that it was too risky given how well Deuce was running, etc.

WHAT!?!?! That pitch wasn't a bad call. What the heck are you talking about?

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, were we 8-4 because we had good players, or because we have average players that played good? Were we 3-3 because we had.....

You get the point. If you want to analyze the play of this team, you break it down into 3 segments: the first 6 games, the middle 6 games, and the last 4 games - while evaluating the playoff loss by itself. We were "average" with Drew in there, playing at .500 ball, though in reality we were dreadfully inconsistent, and most of the 3 losses could be directly attributable to him and/or Pat Watkins.

The next six games we were 5-1, with the one loss coming on a fluke set of circumstances, on a day when we vastly out played our opponent, but the key breaks went the other way. We dominated for most of this stretch, and I personally feel that it compares favorably with any 6 game stretch in the entire league. We were scoring, stopping people, creating turnovers while avoiding them ourselves, running the ball well....everything. Then the Saints game occurred...

...and the last four game stretch arrived, in which we were a horrible, horrible defensive team in every way, shape, and form. Combine that with a explosive, yet inconsistent offense that was turnover prone and a utter lack of pass rush, and you have the 3 out of 4 loss streak we went on.

So, to answer your question, we were a talented team that was very inconsistent, and had one problem after another arise throughout the season. The end total adds up to be "just above average", but it's not the sort of non-descript, mediocre and ultimately boring type of average that is an indication of a lack of ability, but rather the peaks-and-valleys type of average, where there was exceptional play mixed in with bone-head, stupid, or inexperienced plays in crucial situations. Does that answer your question?

And, yes, I see what your come back will be: "that's coaching".

Not true, necessarily. Dumb players do dumb things. If there are dumb players out there, no coach in the world is going to make them into a Rhodes Scholar. The other thing is that Bill's teams have not demonstrated that type of tendency in all the years he's been here, they really haven't (with the exception of the '04 bunch that was a disaster all around), and this team only did that in the last 4 games - not all season. So, if you were to say that coaching is the problem, I would have to disagree with you there.
i dont see how our players got dumb the last month of the season. so '04 was a disaster. o.k. '05 we went 7-9 AND LOST 4 OUT OF OUR LAST 6 GAMES. this year we are 8-4 AND LOSE 3 OUT OF OUR LAST FOUR. not to mention we didnt win a home game the month of december. notice a trend? if these players are dumb as you seem to imply, may i ask whos drafting these dumb players? every team has peeks and valleys thats part of the game. look no further than the colts. but i also believe alot of time you make your own breaks. now i have much respect for your football knowledge and very much injoy your posts. however i wonder if your silver and blue glasses sometimes cloud your veiw. to me we didnt reach our potintial because bill held us back. how do you go from scoring almost 28 pts. a game to 13 in seattle? we did not use our mismatches imo. as stated by jjt our defense was plain vanilla and unimaginative. i believe his word was simplistic. if in an extreme example we were facing a team ranked #1 in the nfl vs. the run and 30th against the pass and our coaches gameplaned for us to run the ball 30 times and we only throw it 15 times and we lose, is that not coaching? imo bottom line we should be playing N.O. this weekend and imo we are not because of coaching or lack there of.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:

Do you dislike Parcells?
i do not dislike parcells. when he came here i had high hopes for him and our team. imo we have not produced like i hoped we would under his term here. i truly hope he comes back for 1 more year and our players carry him off the feild in his final game. however from what i have seen and the way the players seem to not respond to him i just dont know if it can happen.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Salami

Tryin my sig out.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So you think that inside fake to the FB or Deuce (whichever) with resulting quick 3-5 yard pitch to Reggie Bush streaking outside is a good call on 2nd and 7 at the 35 yard line with 3:24 left in the game winning by 3 points and with the ability to get another 3 and drain the clock?

All this considering Deuce had 140 yards and the pitch was so bad that Brees was credited for the fumble and it was recovered near mid-field at the 44 -- placing the Eagles within 25 yards of a game tying FG or game ending drive.

Are you serious? That was an abominable call. If you are going to run it have the QB put the ball in the RB's stomach, and make sure that RB is a sure handed runner and not the guy who already fumbled during the game.

This weekend -- Reid punting on 4th and 15 was even worse call, that Payton was second worst call and Marty's challenge was the third worst.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do you dislike Parcells?
i do not dislike parcells. when he came here i had high hopes for him and our team. imo we have not produced like i hoped we would under his term here. i truly hope he comes back for 1 more year and our players carry him off the feild in his final game. however from what i have seen and the way the players seem to not respond to him i just dont know if it can happen.
That is fair. Given only 1 of 32 gets that treatment I would be happy with an NFC Championship appearance ... but SB would be fantastic.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
Quote:
Quote:

Do you dislike Parcells?
Fair point. I read the national and local sports news and find the national coverage more balanced and fair. I find the local guys in Dallas a little parochial -- which I am sure can be said of all the smaller US cities media coverage of their teams.

How about Lloyd? Should he say or go?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do you dislike Parcells?
Fair point. I read the national and local sports news and find the national coverage more balanced and fair. I find the local guys in Dallas a little parochial -- which I am sure can be said of all the smaller US cities media coverage of their teams.

I assume you mean Lloyd Carr, and if you want my opinion, I would like to see him back. I think since hes been with this group of guys that decided to stay at school, bringing in a new coach would be a set back. So yes Carr is the guy imo.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do you dislike Parcells?

I assume you mean Lloyd Carr, and if you want my opinion, I would like to see him back. I think since hes been with this group of guys that decided to stay at school, bringing in a new coach would be a set back. So yes Carr is the guy imo.
yes Carr -- you have the Go Blue thing on the avatar. Have you ever heard of Colin Cowherd? He is funny about Lloyd -- he says not no coach in college football has done less with more than Lloyd. Did a whole bit on him which I thought was 50% funny and 50% true.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Terrell Owens
G Rec Yds Avg TD
16 85 1180 13.9 13

Steve Smith
G Rec Yds Avg TD
14 83 1166 14 8

A 5 TD difference is a lot in my book. Shave 30 points off and we're out of the playoffs just like the Panthers.
Not necessarily what about those games against the Titans and Texas where the Cowboys blew them out of the water. I know Owens scored in at least one of those games.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

This has been confirmed as a hoax. It was of two radio personal, not actually Dan Hennings.

Quote:
Have you talked to Bill? "Yes, I have spoken to Bill quite a bit the last few days" Are you in Dallas right now? "I can't say much right now, there some other things in motion right now and I need to tie up a few things in Carolina, but I will say this, Bill is coming back, he'll probably be mad that I'm saying this, but he'll get over it" They asked him how he knew and he said, "He's building his staff and talking diligently with his scouts and Jeff Ireland"

Has he asked you to be part of his team in 2007? "I can't answer that right now, but I'm sure people can put one and one together, that's all I'm saying at this time, Ok."

That is from a recap of a Sirus interview with former Carolina OC, Dan Hennings. He went further on to say:

Quote:
Keyshawn said he was not going to learn a new system in Carolina now that you are gone. What do you think about Keyshawn, will he be a Panther in 2007? "I love the player, I'd welcome him on my team anytime, but I don't see him in Carolina in 2007"

What do you think of Romo? "He's a player, no doubt about that. Parcells told me about Romo in 2003 and said he could be the guy someday. Parcells likes to acquire young players and build them up, and he's done a great job with Romo. Watch this offense in 2007, watch out!"

Have you been approached by any other teams right now? "I have, but I know where I'm going to be in 2007, you'll see soon enough, I promise."
Old 01-18-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So you think that inside fake to the FB or Deuce (whichever) with resulting quick 3-5 yard pitch to Reggie Bush streaking outside is a good call on 2nd and 7 at the 35 yard line with 3:24 left in the game winning by 3 points and with the ability to get another 3 and drain the clock?

All this considering Deuce had 140 yards and the pitch was so bad that Brees was credited for the fumble and it was recovered near mid-field at the 44 -- placing the Eagles within 25 yards of a game tying FG or game ending drive.

Are you serious? That was an abominable call. If you are going to run it have the QB put the ball in the RB's stomach, and make sure that RB is a sure handed runner and not the guy who already fumbled during the game.

This weekend -- Reid punting on 4th and 15 was even worse call, that Payton was second worst call and Marty's challenge was the third worst.
I think it was a terrible call as well and fortunately, they got away with it.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would just make a couple of points aboutt henning here...it appears a couple of people misunderstand what type of OC he would be in dallas.

Henning is the type of guy...if going out in the second half up by 14 who might only pass the ball 3 times in the second half if they are still ahead. His play calling goes about as conservative as you can get with the lead in the second half...this is why the carolina fans want him out.

But this is exactly what parcells wants...
A guy who isn't affraid to run the ball and give a 3 and out.

Henning is a great OC though. He knows exactly what to do and it doesn't take much to do it. If our players can execute his bread and butter plays then we will be a potent offense almost impossible to stop. However if we dont' execute and breakdown in the run game like we did this year....we are in for some problems.

JJ should really benefit from this...as Hennings running schemes don't seem to thrive as much on cutback lanes. Execution comes from the OLs part and the RB will explode through the hole. If henning is indeed brought in I think OG will be addressed in FA...which is why i'm totally for the signing.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
WarriorFootballFanatic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Terrell Owens
G Rec Yds Avg TD
16 85 1180 13.9 13

Steve Smith
G Rec Yds Avg TD
14 83 1166 14 8

How many drops did they have??????