Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-12-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Accountability. Our players have none.
#GrudenToDallasIn2014
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
#GrudenToDallasIn2014
I love Gruden but I've read that personnel isnt his strong suit. If thats true we need to pass. Jimmys and Joes over X's and O's.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not so sure on Gruden, but if they brought a coach back Cowher would be a top wish of mine. I say wish because I know it wouldn't happen. I doubt Pittsburgh would fire Mike Tomlin, but if they did I think that he would make a solid choice. He'd finally get to play with a 4-3 since he's from that Dungy coaching tree.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love Gruden but I've read that personnel isnt his strong suit. If thats true we need to pass. Jimmys and Joes over X's and O's.
If we had a strong OC who could identify and develop talent and Marinelli made the personnel calls on defense, then we'd be good to go. My worry about Gruden is who and how would we run our offense.

But as far as being that perfect balance of a "player's coach" and yet being that "hard ass", I think Gruden is tops. I love his motivation style. He really knows how to push the right buttons and apply the right pressure. He's in the same mold of that Rob Ryan style of kick your ass swag, stick up for your soldiers yet keep them accountable and they'll respect you type personality.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I'm not so sure on Gruden, but if they brought a coach back Cowher would be a top wish of mine. I say wish because I know it wouldn't happen. I doubt Pittsburgh would fire Mike Tomlin, but if they did I think that he would make a solid choice. He'd finally get to play with a 4-3 since he's from that Dungy coaching tree.
Forget Cowher. Never gonna see it. Tomlin either. Both are pipe dreams.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need my dreams, man. It's two weeks until they play again.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Nov 24 @New York - LOSS - 2 weeks to prep and get healthy, but Giants will still win.
Nov 28 vsOakland - WIN - Dez will be honored after the game with the Silver Turkey Trophy.
Dec 9 @Chicago - LOSS - We suck in cold weather. Even without Cutler, these guys will romp us.
Dec 15 vsGreen Bay - WIN - Can't imagine we won't outscore Matt Flynn. Sean Lee pulls us through.
Dec 22 @Washington - LOSS - Revenge game, they will be pumped for us and they are good at home.
Dec 29 Philadelphia - WIN - This one is a toss up. Home field advantage, if we have Hatcher, Ware, Lee, Claiborne, and Wilcox back healthy then I think we can win this and get to the playoffs with an 8-8 record.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any of you guys read the Sports Illustrated story on Sam Hurd? Mentions sharing marijuana with 20-25 Dallas teammates. One part of the story mentions one of Sam Hurd's associates came to a restaurant and threatened a Cowboy player that he would go after Sam Hurd and him Mom. Remember Pat Watkins? He flew with Hurd to California to arrange a deal for marijuana. This is a mess.

Quote:
“He wasn’t making any money off players—I know that,” says one Cowboys teammate who spoke about Hurd under condition of anonymity. If a teammate didn’t pay Hurd, which happened a lot, he’d let it slide, although the friend’s chances of receiving more weed would diminish. That is, until he again found his way upstairs to the media room at Hurd’s Irving house, with Wiz Khalifa bumping and everyone taking brain-stinging rips from a Big Chief joint Hurd had rolled as the window ventilating unit tugged their exhalations out into the sky.
Long read: http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/12/sam-hurd-cocaine-bust/
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Speaking of Sam Hurd, what happened to M.O.T.H? Did he get traded by Garrett?

Old 11-12-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Speaking of Sam Hurd, what happened to M.O.T.H? Did he get traded by Garrett?
Haha MOTH was Hurd's #1 fan. I think MOTH is at the stage of his life where a woman or women are ruling his free time and interests. ")
Old 11-13-2013, 02:54 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Nov 24 @New York - LOSS - 2 weeks to prep and get healthy, but Giants will still win.
Nov 28 vsOakland - WIN - Dez will be honored after the game with the Silver Turkey Trophy.
Dec 9 @Chicago - LOSS - We suck in cold weather. Even without Cutler, these guys will romp us.
Dec 15 vsGreen Bay - WIN - Can't imagine we won't outscore Matt Flynn. Sean Lee pulls us through.
Dec 22 @Washington - LOSS - Revenge game, they will be pumped for us and they are good at home.
Dec 29 Philadelphia - WIN - This one is a toss up. Home field advantage, if we have Hatcher, Ware, Lee, Claiborne, and Wilcox back healthy then I think we can win this and get to the playoffs with an 8-8 record.
My selections come down to Win/Loss record. So wins against the Giants/Raiders and Redskins and Tiebreaker to determine if we beat Philly to the East title when we lose in week 17
Old 11-13-2013, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reports are saying J.J. Wilcox will be starting following the bye.

There's the real reason we have zero interest in Reed. If he returns to the NFL it'll be to start or play for a front-runner. We offer neither :P

Also for all of the "accountability" crap that gets thrown around...

Quote:
"We don't want to overanalyze and overreact to certain situations," Garrett said. "We've done some good things on offense and we like the structure that we have in place. We have to, as a coaching staff, simply do a better job. Everybody.

"You analyze your whole football team each and every week but the best chance to do that during the season is at the bye. We've already started that process as a coaching staff to really look at what we do well and what we don't do well and try to build on the good things and maybe correct or get rid of some of the bad things."
"
Sounds like Garrett and the staff are auditing their own ability to run the team. That sort of sounds like accountability.

Last edited by Trogdor : 11-13-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One note I didn't realize. Kiffin is on a one-year deal. I've heard murmors that the plan all along was for Kiffin to install the core principles of the defense and then allow someone else (Marinelli) to take over when he retires after the season.

That would be amazing and would honestly earn JJ a round of applause.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Reports are saying J.J. Wilcox will be starting following the bye.

There's the real reason we have zero interest in Reed. If he returns to the NFL it'll be to start or play for a front-runner. We offer neither :P

Also for all of the "accountability" crap that gets thrown around...

Sounds like Garrett and the staff are auditing their own ability to run the team. That sort of sounds like accountability.
The problem is they talk the talk all the time and nothing ever changes. We'll see after the bye, but I'd be willing to bet we wont see anything different. When he talks about what we do well, what exactly is that? We dont/cant run, We dont throw the ball exceptionally well. Maybe they plan on throwing out the playbook and starting over?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 11-13-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a Cowboys fan, but I figured going on the Cowboys board was the best place to get an answer to my question. Things were simple when the Cowboys were in Irving TX; it's a Dallas suburb bordering metro Dallas, they were the Dallas Cowboys, end of story. But then they moved to Jerry's Wonderland in Arlington, the long time home of MLB's Texas Rangers.

I figured Arlington was like Irving -- another Dallas suburb. But when I looked up Arlington I was surprised to see a population of well over 300,000 (larger than places like Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Buffalo). I figure any place that big can't be a suburb and is a real city. But then again, since Dallas has over a million people, maybe Arlington can be a giant suburb. If not, I still don't have a problem with the name "Dallas Cowboys", since the "Dallas" can represent the Dallas Metroplex (Dallas, Arlington, and Fort Worth). So help me out here. What exactly is Arlington?
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Arlington would be a city which is included in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.

Like with any major metro urban sprawl eventually forms one massive city with different areas.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The problem is they talk the talk all the time and nothing ever changes. We'll see after the bye, but I'd be willing to bet we wont see anything different. When he talks about what we do well, what exactly is that? We dont/cant run, We dont throw the ball exceptionally well. Maybe they plan on throwing out the playbook and starting over?
THIS. This is the same stupid robotic answer that Garrett is constantly giving out. We're past talking about it already. This is an offense in the 7TH YEAR of installation! SHOW ME!!!
Old 11-13-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
JJ's not going to fire anybody, he see's a 1st place team. He cant/wont recognize hes the problem.
Quote:
"Say it any way you want to, I'm not even going to address -- really I'm not -- the coaching staff as to whether they're safe or they're not. We're 5-5. We're tied for the lead in our division. We've got players coming back. We've got one of the best quarterbacks in the National Football League. We're off of a rough loss. That doesn't call for major changes out here at all." - Jerry Jones
Deny Deny Deny

Old 11-13-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
One note I didn't realize. Kiffin is on a one-year deal. I've heard murmors that the plan all along was for Kiffin to install the core principles of the defense and then allow someone else (Marinelli) to take over when he retires after the season.

That would be amazing and would honestly earn JJ a round of applause.
The only issue I would have with this is whether or not Marinelli is around next year to see that. He's got ties to Lovie, and I would bet that he would go be Lovie's DC for whoever Lovie is coaching next year. If Lovie is coaching here I don't think it will be much to worry about, but if not then I think the DC carousel will continue. It's too bad Carolina is doing good this year. I just knew that Rivera was getting fired, and I would love him here as DC. He's got a knack for versatility.
Quote:
I'm sick of that type of talk too. I get that the coach is willing to hold himself accountable, but there's got to be some changes too. Whenever they get into these offensive slumps there isn't much that changes. They seem to go with the same type of play calls, and they still don't find ways to get one of the best playmakers in the game the ball like other teams would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
I'm not a Cowboys fan, but I figured going on the Cowboys board was the best place to get an answer to my question. Things were simple when the Cowboys were in Irving TX; it's a Dallas suburb bordering metro Dallas, they were the Dallas Cowboys, end of story. But then they moved to Jerry's Wonderland in Arlington, the long time home of MLB's Texas Rangers.

I figured Arlington was like Irving -- another Dallas suburb. But when I looked up Arlington I was surprised to see a population of well over 300,000 (larger than places like Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Buffalo). I figure any place that big can't be a suburb and is a real city. But then again, since Dallas has over a million people, maybe Arlington can be a giant suburb. If not, I still don't have a problem with the name "Dallas Cowboys", since the "Dallas" can represent the Dallas Metroplex (Dallas, Arlington, and Fort Worth). So help me out here. What exactly is Arlington?
Arlington and Irving are pretty similar. They border each other, so there are a lot of things they have in common. Arlington is definitely bigger, but Irving isn't so bad itself with 225,000+ people. Arlington is more of a Ft. Worth suburb since it's closer, but the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex is pretty huge, and most people here just consider everything in the area local. The reason why the metroplex is so big is because there are multiple 100,000+ suburbs bordering both cities, so Arlington isn't too much on its own. It's just the biggest of the big suburbs here.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Deny Deny Deny
Stop being so gullible. Jerry treats the media like puppets. How would it look like if he said that he's going to fire his coaches right now?

From the words Trog posted from Garrett's mouth, you better believe that what was told to the coaches behind closed doors was a lot more colorful than this bland report you're quoting.

Be smart pocket.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DFW encompasses everything between Fort Worth and Dallas, and some cities on the outskirts. Arlington is literally smack dab in the middle of the two big cities.

That said nobody hangs out in Arlington except for UT Arlington students. That's because Arlington is boring as sin.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The only issue I would have with this is whether or not Marinelli is around next year to see that. He's got ties to Lovie, and I would bet that he would go be Lovie's DC for whoever Lovie is coaching next year. If Lovie is coaching here I don't think it will be much to worry about, but if not then I think the DC carousel will continue. It's too bad Carolina is doing good this year. I just knew that Rivera was getting fired, and I would love him here as DC. He's got a knack for versatility.
Pretty easy to tell that Marinelli is the most liked coach on our roster. I'm not sure he would leave if he ended up taking Kiffin's job as DC. Especially if he was continued to have more say in the personnel additions we make on that side of the ball.

Plus, if we hired Gruden don't they have ties too?

However, if the only way to keep him is to make him HC, then I am not down with Marinelli taking over that job. We need a guy with fire in their eyes.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pretty easy to tell that Marinelli is the most liked coach on our roster. I'm not sure he would leave if he ended up taking Kiffin's job as DC. Especially if he was continued to have more say in the personnel additions we make on that side of the ball.

Plus, if we hired Gruden don't they have ties too?

However, if the only way to keep him is to make him HC, then I am not down with Marinelli taking over that job. We need a guy with fire in their eyes.
How do you guys feel about Les Miles ?
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Stop being so gullible. Jerry treats the media like puppets. How would it look like if he said that he's going to fire his coaches right now?

From the words Trog posted from Garrett's mouth, you better believe that what was told to the coaches behind closed doors was a lot more colorful than this bland report you're quoting.

Be smart pocket.
Dude you need to grow up and realize Jerrah is a buffoon! I know in your eyes he can do no wrong but he believes in his heart this team is a contender and everything he said he believes. Funny how you like to assume you know whats going on behind closed doors. How Jerrah isnt in control of anything bad that happens to this team. Funny how most teams hire a coach and allows them to hire THEIR staffs but Jerrah hires a staff then a head coach. Its a joke. Jimmy is the reason Jerrah has 3 rings, hes won nothing since. Your the one whos being gullible.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
How do you guys feel about Les Miles ?
Hes an idiot with worse time managment than JG. IMO not the kind of coach we need.