Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-29-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea it's ok to speak negatively about Romo, he's choked in big games..so has the team. That's all Unit's point most of the time. Romo hasn't overcome his teams flaws, and maybe that's too much to ask...fine. The entire team needs to play better in the clutch

But then you take the packers and remove Rodgers fr the equation, and their warts really show. Which would also happen if you removed Romo from the Boys...but Romos play hasn't been enough to overcome a teams short comings when it counts, and he's contributed to a few meltdowns himself, thus...the story of Romo.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 11-29-2013 at 05:59 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
What was his passer rating last year against the Redskins week 17? Or his rating against the Giants week 17 in 2011. Something tells me it wasn't 106.
Against the Redskins last year it was a measly 55.9. No excuses that game. He played terribly, and pretty much all of us ripped him for it.

Against the Giants he had a rating of 106 going 29 for 37 with a 78.38% completion to 2 TDs and one pick.

Edit: I forgot to add my source.
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...To00/gamelog//

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What was his passer rating last year against the Redskins week 17? Or his rating against the Giants week 17 in 2011. Something tells me it wasn't 106.
What was his Oline like? How about that Defense? Running game effective? Not saying hes perfect or that hes Manning but his numbers are excellent despite the teams shortcomings. 27-5 TDs to INTs. Doesnt get much better than that.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sucks that Dunbar is out for the rest of the year. I liked how they were using him yesterday, but I still like Randle a bit. They won't have the pure jet speed of Dunbar, but Murray and Randle are two guys that can burn themselves. Frederick really shined yesterday too, so here's to hoping that they can use the running game to push into the playoffs.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
It sucks that Dunbar is out for the rest of the year. I liked how they were using him yesterday, but I still like Randle a bit. They won't have the pure jet speed of Dunbar, but Murray and Randle are two guys that can burn themselves. Frederick really shined yesterday too, so here's to hoping that they can use the running game to push into the playoffs.
Smith was outstanding too. We need some Guards desperately though.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 11-29-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
For the season, Tyron Smith has now surpassed Free with his season grade. Sadly, the two players are on opposite trajectories. While Doug Free has accumulated a -5.9 grade over the last six games, Smith has graded out with +10.6 over the same period. At this pace Pro Bowl talk for Smith is warranted, while concerns about Free's drop from a stellar performance at the start of the season are equally warranted.

In yesterday's game, Leary's grade in pass protection is negatively impacted by a QB hit and two QB hurries given up, and the bulk of his season grade due to negative grades in pass protection. For all intents and purposes, Leary is a redshirt rookie, and he is still struggling in pass protection.
Might have to put RT back on the list of needs. BTW Leary has a -11.2 on the year. Thats beyond horrible. Actually MB hasnt been as bad as I thought with a +4.7 on the year.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/...ote-on-offense

Old 11-29-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Give this team some guards and world domination will follow. Free needs to be replaced too, but the guards right now are the biggest issue to me. Free was at least serviceable earlier this year with Waters.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
All I want Romo to do is make it happen. So far he hasn't.
What about 2009?
Old 11-30-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You mean the TEAM hasnt. Read the article, compare his stats to all the other QBs. If you want to keep your eyes closed and blame Romo for the teams failures despite what the facts are, then there is nothing else to say. Romo has carried this team to the brink of the playoffs for several years despite all the holes. OL, DL, Safety, Injuries, ect.
Quote:
Your basic theme is to blame the team and not Romo and that is fine.

Can we both agree then that Romo needs a supporting cast that doesn't have very many holes?

I've always said and believed that if we had almost every position fixed on the team that Romo could lead this team far.... possibly even to a SB win if the talent around him was THAT good.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What was his Oline like? How about that Defense? Running game effective? Not saying hes perfect or that hes Manning but his numbers are excellent despite the teams shortcomings. 27-5 TDs to INTs. Doesnt get much better than that.
So the oline and defense and running game can be overcome in the rest of the games but not in the games that matter most? He clearly can put up the stats, but can't seem to rise to the occasion when it's win or go home.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
What about 2009?
When we had 13 Pro Bowlers? Yeah, that's the kind of supporting cast I think he needs to have.

But I'm not interested in talking about Romo. I didn't bring him up and I'd rather talk about something else.

----------

I think it was Jas, but he talked about how our adjustments have been better since the bye week and I agree. I like how we've done some things to change it up. Better commitment to the run, more timely screens... on defense, I noticed we ran heavy man coverage against the Raiders. They were burning Carr at first, but he came through at the end with that INT. I think it was a tough match up for him because of the height of Holmes and as W4HOF said, we have to be alert to the match ups we have down the road since we're facing more tall WRs. That said, we've talked about it at length about how important it is for us to run man coverage with our corners and that's where I trust our guys most, so I'm all for it. Carr might've have a tough day, but he's proven to have better days against big WRs in the past. Man also gives us a better chance to come away with picks since our guys are good at sticking with other WRs. We might lose a jump ball catch, but we won't be outrun.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Your basic theme is to blame the team and not Romo and that is fine.

Can we both agree then that Romo needs a supporting cast that doesn't have very many holes?

I've always said and believed that if we had almost every position fixed on the team that Romo could lead this team far.... possibly even to a SB win if the talent around him was THAT good.
The disconnect for me when stats come out that romo has the best or top 2 or 3 qb rating in December or the 4th quarter is that its used as an attempt to say he's an elite player by his supporters. He hasn't been a top 5 qb the last few years, and he hasn't gotten it done when it matters most.

Of course we'd be crap without him, and of course he has his moments. But until he gets it done in the playoffs, spare us the top qb in the clutch talk.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The disconnect for me when stats come out that romo has the best or top 2 or 3 qb rating in December or the 4th quarter is that its used as an attempt to say he's an elite player by his supporters. He hasn't been a top 5 qb the last few years, and he hasn't gotten it done when it matters most.

Of course we'd be crap without him, and of course he has his moments. But until he gets it done in the playoffs, spare us the top qb in the clutch talk.
Nobody is saying hes a top 5 QB. When your QB is throwing 27 TDs and 5 picks with a QBR of over 100 the last 3 years and your STILL losing, how can you not say the rest of the team hasnt played up to his level? You see the stats and blow them off like they are made up. Its not about what Tony hasnt done its what the TEAM hasnt done. Talk about LAZY arguments, ignoring the problems just to say Romo sucks is LAZY!

The O-line has sucked for years, Safety, D-line, Running game, schemes, routes, drops, penalties, somehow that gets swept under the rug and Romo gets the blame when we lose. Makes no sense to me.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
When we had 13 Pro Bowlers? Yeah, that's the kind of supporting cast I think he needs to have.

But I'm not interested in talking about Romo. I didn't bring him up and I'd rather talk about something else.

----------

I think it was Jas, but he talked about how our adjustments have been better since the bye week and I agree. I like how we've done some things to change it up. Better commitment to the run, more timely screens... on defense, I noticed we ran heavy man coverage against the Raiders. They were burning Carr at first, but he came through at the end with that INT. I think it was a tough match up for him because of the height of Holmes and as W4HOF said, we have to be alert to the match ups we have down the road since we're facing more tall WRs. That said, we've talked about it at length about how important it is for us to run man coverage with our corners and that's where I trust our guys most, so I'm all for it. Carr might've have a tough day, but he's proven to have better days against big WRs in the past. Man also gives us a better chance to come away with picks since our guys are good at sticking with other WRs. We might lose a jump ball catch, but we won't be outrun.
You'd like to think our Corners can match up with anybody but that hasnt been the case. Marshall KILLED us last year, we had no answers for him. The key is going to be getting to the QB. Hopfully we can get to Cutler and Rodgers or they will pick us apart.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Just saw this

Quote:
NFL Stats ‏@NFL_Stats

Eli Manning Rankings:

30th in Comp. %
14th in Pass Yards
18th in Pass TDs
2nd in INTs
31st in Passer Rating
Isnt it crazy how bad a year hes having? Especially with the WRs he has.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:49 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Blogging The Boys ‏@BloggingTheBoys 1m
NFLN's @RapSheet reporting Aaron Rodgers might be shut down for the season if they lose next week and drop to 5-7-1
This would be a nice break for us.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You'd like to think our Corners can match up with anybody but that hasnt been the case. Marshall KILLED us last year, we had no answers for him. The key is going to be getting to the QB. Hopfully we can get to Cutler and Rodgers or they will pick us apart.
Absolutely not. I don't think our corners can match up with "anybody". You're in dream land if you wish for that. Size and physicality most definitely bothers Carr. Claiborne has the stuff to better combat that but he's got to make improvements in his development and transition to the NFL. I don't think Monte is using him to his strengths, so that doesn't help... however, the crash course on zone play should help Mo's career in the long run.

What we need and have needed is better Safety play.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Absolutely not. I don't think our corners can match up with "anybody". You're in dream land if you wish for that. Size and physicality most definitely bothers Carr. Claiborne has the stuff to better combat that but he's got to make improvements in his development and transition to the NFL. I don't think Monte is using him to his strengths, so that doesn't help... however, the crash course on zone play should help Mo's career in the long run.

What we need and have needed is better Safety play.
No, I'm just saying with what we have invested in our corners you'd hope they would be lockdown type corners. A top 6 pick and a $50 million dollar free agent is a lot to spend for "good" corners. We can all agree with the safety play.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
No, I'm just saying with what we have invested in our corners you'd hope they would be lockdown type corners. A top 6 pick and a $50 million dollar free agent is a lot to spend for "good" corners. We can all agree with the safety play.
That's like expecting a great pass rush with 2 good DEs and no DTs.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's like expecting a great pass rush with 2 good DEs and no DTs.
Lol. Thats NOTHING like that.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Lol. Thats NOTHING like that.
They work as a unit. Didn't think that was too hard to grasp. wow. Just wow.

Last edited by D-Unit : 12-01-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
They work as a unit. Didn't think that was too hard to grasp. wow. Just wow.
Yeah your right, we need GREAT Safetys to back up our overrated Corners. You win.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yeah your right, we need GREAT Safetys to back up our overrated Corners. You win.
I am right but I'm not trying to win anything.

You play this exact game for Tony Romo every chance you get when you blame the rest of the team for his failures. If we had better OG, then the line would play better... if we had DTs, then our DL would play better... but now when someone says if we had better S then our CBs would play better, then you have a fit??? hmmff.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:16 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice thread.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing for sure we're gonna have our hands full with an angry bears team coming off a very tough loss. This is not a good match up for us at all. We're going to need a herculean effort in all phases to play with them. But if the vikes could do it perhaps we can as well.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote