Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-06-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
We might have to have our guys suit up in ice skates instead of cleets. Holy Smolly.... I don't think our Hollywood characters are fit for this type of weather.... well, except for Frederick. :)
They'll be alright throw that fullback out there and pound it.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
What does everyone think of Gary kubiak as an offensive mind?
I would love having him as a coordinator, but I do wonder about his health after what happened earlier this season.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man
I would love having him as a coordinator, but I do wonder about his health after what happened earlier this season.
I think his health guarantees that there is no aspiration to be a head coach again. I like what he did with elway late in his career, along with what he's done with Schaub to date. But I remember last time we went zone blocking and we were miserable.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random thought. Let's say that the 'Boys could only sign one of these two to an extension next season. Who would you take? Tyron or Dez? I'm thinking it was BTB or the main site that brought up that question, and it's a good one because you can't really lose either guy. Both would command a lot of money too. Dez is pretty much considered a top wideout and gamebreaker. Tyron is starting to get recognized as a really good LT, and his youth would play a big factor in his contract. If the proverbial gun was to my head I'd take Tyron, but it's tough considering how good Dez is when he has the ball in his hands. Of course they could just franchise one while extending the other, but I think they want to get both locked up long term.

Old 12-07-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Random thought. Let's say that the 'Boys could only sign one of these two to an extension next season. Who would you take? Tyron or Dez? I'm thinking it was BTB or the main site that brought up that question, and it's a good one because you can't really lose either guy. Both would command a lot of money too. Dez is pretty much considered a top wideout and gamebreaker. Tyron is starting to get recognized as a really good LT, and his youth would play a big factor in his contract. If the proverbial gun was to my head I'd take Tyron, but it's tough considering how good Dez is when he has the ball in his hands. Of course they could just franchise one while extending the other, but I think they want to get both locked up long term.
Very difficult hypothetical..hmm wouldn't want to lose Tyron as he seems to really be developing into a pro bowler, but gun to my head..I'm keeping Dez. He's simply the best talent and biggest playmaker on the team right now.

Last edited by Jas : 12-07-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Give me Tyron 100 out of 100 times, this is no slight on Dez who is the best WR in the league outside of Megatron imo. At the end of the day I think you get more of a shelf life on lineman then position players. We have already seen Dez deal with a number of injuries that have caused him to miss significant time in his career, this includes the mysterious back ailment that hasn't caused him to miss games yet but as he ages will likely become chronic.

Smith is about to turn 23 next week, younger then rookie Terrance Williams, but has 2 2/3 years of experience under his belt and continues to get better. His potential is exponential in my opinion and his play this season has warranted Probowl consideration. Keeping the core of this young line should be the #1 priority of this team going forward. One day in he near future the team is going to usher in a QB not named Tony Romo and the best way to smooth the process over is having a solid wall ifo him. Given the rules of the NFL if your line can buy the QB time in the pocket WR's come open whether they are all world or not.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Give me Tyron 100 out of 100 times, this is no slight on Dez who is the best WR in the league outside of Megatron imo. At the end of the day I think you get more of a shelf life on lineman then position players. We have already seen Dez deal with a number of injuries that have caused him to miss significant time in his career, this includes the mysterious back ailment that hasn't caused him to miss games yet but as he ages will likely become chronic.

Smith is about to turn 23 next week, younger then rookie Terrance Williams, but has 2 2/3 years of experience under his belt and continues to get better. His potential is exponential in my opinion and his play this season has warranted Probowl consideration. Keeping the core of this young line should be the #1 priority of this team going forward. One day in he near future the team is going to usher in a QB not named Tony Romo and the best way to smooth the process over is having a solid wall ifo him. Given the rules of the NFL if your line can buy the QB time in the pocket WR's come open whether they are all world or not.
Thats also a very valid point and I could live with it either way.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I refuse to choose. LOL.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post

This makes sense. Dez's back does worry me, but the guy has a lot of heart. He'll play through anything, and he's kinda like the new Anquan Boldin where he keeps it going despite being banged up. Tyron though is peace of mind. He's only given up one sack this season, and that's been against some quality pass rushers. He's also been a ******* beast whenever they decide to run block his way. The guy is the next great Cowboys' lineman, and that's going to be some awesome company for him when you include people like Rayfield Wright, Nate Newton, and the great god Larry Allen.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...st-2014-season

Chucky saw Jerruh re-endorse Jason and said, I'll stay at ESPN.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's hope the Eagles keep losing. Loving this weather today. Definitely gives the game a different feel.
dsc1600 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles are REALLY fortunate for this set of officials today.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe we lost to the lions, it may end up screwing our season.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Damn. I leave to take care of some things, then I come back to see the Eagles winning. Tomorrow is very important, and I hope the damn weather isn't a factor. I can't stand all of this cold ****.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

We may have to go 3-1 to win this, including beating the eagles.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
We may have to go 3-1 to win this, including beating the eagles.
If they continue winning which I think they will, we're gonna have to beat them either way if we both go into the final WK 10-5 or if we go in 9-6..right?

Last edited by Jas : 12-08-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as we're a game up we can lose the last week....(I think).

So...3-1 is the key here...with the only L coming to the Eagles. As long as they lose a game between that time.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

It's going to be a huge December to prove if Garrett is the guy. There are injuries, but not enough like last year to where things were a hardcore uphill battle. I'll straight up say that barring a huge injury loss like Romo my desire for whether or not Garrett comes back next season. If they make the PLAYOFFS then he should be safe. If they fail then he's not the guy. They control their own destiny at this point, and if the team is going to get anywhere they'll need to put together a run at times like this.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
As long as we're a game up we can lose the last week....(I think).

So...3-1 is the key here...with the only L coming to the Eagles. As long as they lose a game between that time.
They have a shot at winning out, so we'll need to get to 10 wins including beating them if they do win the next 3 games.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm at the Chicago game tonight. I've been to 3 cowboys games in my life.
New stadium Home opener against the giants...Big fat disappoint L.
Cowboys playoff game against philly....win
Cowboys/Eagles game in philly last year where we knocked Vick out...win

I'm thinking the boys record for games I attend goes up to 3-1.
I see a blowout honestly.

Oh, and it's ****** cold as a penquins *****...Jesus I've never been this cold in my life and I live in the north east.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 12-09-2013 at 05:30 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
New stadium Home opener against the giants...Big dat disappoint L.

Oh, and it's ****** cold as a penquins *****...Jesus I've never been this cold in my life and I live in the north east.
Enjoy! I live about 2 hours south of there and it is indeed freaking cold tonight. Hope you bundled up it's going to get colder by game-time.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
New stadium Home opener against the giants...Big fat disappoint L.

hahaha.... so funny... so awesome.... so jealous!!!

Enjoy it buddy boy! Hope we pull this sucker off! Might need a miracle. Go Boys!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Let's go boys!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wanted to give my thoughts before the game got underway but w/e, I'm expecting a Bears win. Just because we could create separation from 8-8 tonight with a W, and win the next 2 games, we won't. Not on Ditka night. I expect this game to give us similar results as the last few years, interested to see if Romo will win this game for us if just manage the offense all the way through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Nice drive.