Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-16-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Nice post there Trog. It's time to get someone on board who will at least shoulder the blame on his own mistakes. Garrett did this to Romo in the Detroit game too when he said Romo should've thrown the ball on the checkdown to a wide open Murray instead of squeezing it into Escobar. Blamed Romo then and did it again on yesterday's performance. What a chump.

I haven't said one single word of distaste for Romo (and I hope it's recognized). We know what I thought of him before this game, that's for sure. We know we can't trust him, so I put it all on Garrett for not reigning in his QB. He knows EXACTLY the kind of QB he has in Romo and he didn't do anything to protect Romo from himself. ...or from doing what Romo will frequently do in situations like these.

It's no longer Romo's fault. We know what he is, and our HC hasn't adjusted correctly. Coaches are supposed to make adjustments to accommodate for their player's strengths and weaknesses. It's supposed to happen at EVERY position. Romo got a new deal and we're going to ride this era out whether we like it or not. The best thing to do is run the ball as long as we're doing it successfully. For some dumb reason, we went away from it and it cost us. We ALL know what should've been done, but it wasn't done.

Too many of our players work too damn hard for this kind of losses to pile up. Change has to come.

Garrett has to go. But you know what people will say next? Jerruh sucks because he's too reactionary. hahaha.
You're so right about Romo. He needs a coach now that's going to save him from himself. He's been good in the past, but there's definitely something up on his accuracy this season. Knowing this you have to take the ball out of his hands, and it makes it all the more easier when you have a running back just killing it. I am still blaming Romo for his fair share, but Garrett is the guy that let it happen. It's really maddening seeing how he's basically pointing fingers now when a large part of his speech before training camp was about holding yourself accountable. I'm so disgusted with him right now.

I blame Jerrah for hiring the under qualified Garrett too, but that's a battle I knew I lost a long time ago. We ain't getting rid of him no matter how much we want, so I'm just hoping that he picks a good coach that can get what is needed out of this team. Right now this team is pretty much in San Francisco mode before they got Harbaugh. Sadly they could have gotten Harbaugh instead of Garrett.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post

Games over, blaming shoiuld be too. Moving on, how about this guy ^ as the next HC of the Dallas Cowboys? His name is Dan Quinn. Want some info on him if you dont know who he is? Here ya go..

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/1...#storylink=cpy

So whos on board? Whos your guys #1 candidate?
He seems like someone who could be a good up and comer. He's been around success, so that is appealing. The only thing that worries me is that he has a ton of talent to work with already, but he has been around long enough to have some experience at multiple levels.

My first choice is tricky. I'd kill for Cowher, but we know that ain't happening. I don't know who the candidates are besides Lovie Smith and some others from a Google search. I'm hearing some names from college like Shaw from USC and Sumlin from A&M. I would be worried that they would leave to go back to the college game if things got too rough. Gruden is an option too, but he's been away for a while. It's really tricky thinking about it right now, but I'm so anti-Garrett that I can't think straight.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
You're so right about Romo. He needs a coach now that's going to save him from himself. He's been good in the past, but there's definitely something up on his accuracy this season. Knowing this you have to take the ball out of his hands, and it makes it all the more easier when you have a running back just killing it. I am still blaming Romo for his fair share, but Garrett is the guy that let it happen. It's really maddening seeing how he's basically pointing fingers now when a large part of his speech before training camp was about holding yourself accountable. I'm so disgusted with him right now.

I blame Jerrah for hiring the under qualified Garrett too, but that's a battle I knew I lost a long time ago. We ain't getting rid of him no matter how much we want, so I'm just hoping that he picks a good coach that can get what is needed out of this team. Right now this team is pretty much in San Francisco mode before they got Harbaugh. Sadly they could have gotten Harbaugh instead of Garrett.
In all serious, if we ran the ball instead of attempting so many passes in the red zone, we would've more likely scored TDs instead of soooooo many FGs. Early on I had mentioned here that I thought those FGs would bite us in the ass and it looked like I was going to be wrong about that going in the half 26-3, but sure enough, my worst fears came true when we lost by 1 point.

(in the words of Demarco Murray.... "WHY?!!!!!!!!!!")

If Garrett is still around next season then I will be onboard with blaming Jerry on this issue. After thinking about it some more, he really can't be blamed by the media for being too reactionary on Garrett. Garrett has been here for what ... 7...8 years? Enough is enough.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want no parts of Chucky (Gruden). We are not a WCO team and it would look a lot like this year.

Need to get back to running the football, play action passing, and abusing the seams. This team was built for those items so it's imperative we bring in a coach that plans on utilizing vertical passing.

Honestly my #1 target if I'm going to look at the college ranks is Bill O'Brien. It would gut me to lose him as a PSU alum but he's got the demeanor we need along with the scheme to fit our team.

He's run the New England offense and gets the most out of TEs. His turnaround of the PSU program was incredible given the off-the-field mess he walked into. He also turned Matt McGloin from a 54% passer with a terrible TD:INT ratio into a draftable QB with 60% completion and a 24:5 ratio.

If Grizz reads this he's going to stab me. :P

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I want no parts of Chucky (Gruden). We are not a WCO team and it would look a lot like this year.

Need to get back to running the football, play action passing, and abusing the seams. This team was built for those items so it's imperative we bring in a coach that plans on utilizing vertical passing.

Honestly my #1 target if I'm going to look at the college ranks is Bill O'Brien. It would gut me to lose him as a PSU alum but he's got the demeanor we need along with the scheme to fit our team.

He's run the New England offense and gets the most out of TEs. His turnaround of the PSU program was incredible given the off-the-field mess he walked into. He also turned Matt McGloin from a 54% passer with a terrible TD:INT ratio into a draftable QB with 60% completion and a 24:5 ratio.

Pretty interesting choice!

I think with the personnel on offense that it really doesn't take a genius to run it. I'm mostly concerned with our defense. Would he do a good job on that side of the ball?
Old 12-16-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lol thats true but he runs an agressive man to man scheme which would play to our heavily invested corners. Just trying to think of someone who might be an up and comer and not a JJ puppet. Who do you think would be a good fit?
Actually he does sound like a great fit. I prefer that style of defense too. I was just joking about how stacked Seattle is.

I like Zimmer. He's my guy if I had to choose one guy.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pretty interesting choice!

I think with the personnel on offense that it really doesn't take a genius to run it. I'm mostly concerned with our defense. Would he do a good job on that side of the ball?
O'Brien is an offensive coach that played Defensive End and Linebacker in college. I'd promote Marinelli anyhow. 3 year deal and we can refuse other teams from interviewing. He did far too well with street FAs on the defensive line to cut him loose IMHO.

That being said O'Brien is not leaving. He's already loved on campus and already said last year that he's made a commitment to Penn State and he isn't going to cut and run on the players. People have said that and left before but I'd be surprised with him.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of glad that with all the negative press and criticism of the team at this time something like this got covered. Brings it some much needed perspective.

http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/stor...gh-loss-121613
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

They were talking about him on the local news here last night, about how Houston and Minny were reaching out to him for a HC job. But that he will probably stay with PSU.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just want to say Sunday's game was the first game I've watched in some time. So I came to the conclusion that I caused the collapse. I apologize.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
They were talking about him on the local news here last night, about how Houston and Minny were reaching out to him for a HC job. But that he will probably stay with PSU.
Yeah like I said to D I'm pretty confident he'll stay in Happy Valley :)

Quote:
That being said O'Brien is not leaving. He's already loved on campus and already said last year that he's made a commitment to Penn State and he isn't going to cut and run on the players. People have said that and left before but I'd be surprised with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Just want to say Sunday's game was the first game I've watched in some time. So I came to the conclusion that I caused the collapse. I apologize.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

I have a feeling JJ may reach out to Holmgren if he decides to replace Garrett. Any thoughts on that fit.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

I have a feeling JJ may reach out to Holmgren if he decides to replace Garrett. Any thoughts on that fit?
Old 12-17-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
I have a feeling JJ may reach out to Holmgren if he decides to replace Garrett. Any thoughts on that fit?
In further depressing news looks like Lee will not play in the final 2. Our best LBer and DB. Put a fork in em.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
In the words of Demarco Murray....

WHHHHHHYYYYY????!!!!!!!!!!

lol. Damn you Paul! Damn you to hell!

But please post more in our thread cause we love you.

Last edited by D-Unit : 12-17-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Actually he does sound like a great fit. I prefer that style of defense too. I was just joking about how stacked Seattle is.

I like Zimmer. He's my guy if I had to choose one guy.
Zimmer seems like one of those guys who is an excellent coordinator but a lame duck HC. That's just my perception of him though.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
In further depressing news looks like Lee will not play in the final 2. Our best LBer and DB. Put a fork in em.
On the flip side, it could reinforce the reason for firing Garrett AND get us a higher draft pick! Woohoo!!!
Old 12-17-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
On the flip side, it could reinforce the reason for firing Garrett AND get us a higher draft pick! Woohoo!!!
I know it puts us in an tough spot as fans, I can't see myself hoping they lose but..on the bright side...lol
Old 12-17-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Thus far:
1. Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama*
2. Will Sutton, DT, Arizona St
3. James Hurst, OT North Carolina
4. Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan St

Who knows maybe with a talent infusion our defense might not suck so hard. :/
BTW with being all caught up in the game the other day when you posted this, I didn't get a chance to comment, I would love this draft.

The best FS, and imo the best DT in this draft. Along with help on the OL and DE.

Last edited by Jas : 12-17-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soo apparently the dallas OL is regarded as one of the best in the league. They finally got the zbs down.

Remember one....two...even 3 years ago when we said Romo just needed a competent Oline and running game to put the boys in position?

Sorry guys...I hate harping...but that loss Sunday night was disgusting, seriously had trouble sleeping after that. I can't imagine what Demarco and Dez have going through their heads...you guys don't think the tony the choker label starts to sink into the heads of the players?

It's self fufilling prophecy almost.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 12-17-2013 at 06:15 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

This was sad to read. How the Pack was so impressed by our running game but happy we went away from it.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...c-91f1ca897aed

And then this..well yeah, everyone knows how bad the D is especially in that game, with the mounting injuries, thats why you run the ball bozo(did you see the success they were having on the ground) and that does fall on the coach and coordinator and QB..sorry.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...d-3b3759d8bf43
Old 12-17-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Soo apparently the dallas OL is regarded as one of the best in the league. They finally got the zbs down.

Remember one....two...even 3 years ago when we said Romo just needed a competent Oline and running game to put the boys in position?

Sorry guys...I hate harping...but that loss last night was disgusting, seriously had trouble sleeping after that. I can't imagine what Demarco and Dez have going through their heads...you guys don't think the tony the choker label starts to sink into the heads of the players?

I'd hold off on that O-line stuff. Remember who we are playing. This O-line has no chance against the SFs and Seattle's of the world. If players are thinking that I hope they arent standing close to a mirror. Whats the use of a running game when you dont use it? 7 2nd half carries was a joke.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
I'd hold off on that O-line stuff. Remember who we are playing. This O-line has no chance against the SFs and Seattle's of the world. If players are thinking that I hope they arent standing close to a mirror. Whats the use of a running game when you dont use it? 7 2nd half carries was a joke.
I agree, but yes, remember who you're playing and do whats necessary to win that game. Thats the point, I'm not saying this OL can compete with those teams but you have to beat the packers on that day. Those writers make about as much sense as the organization does. lol

Last edited by Jas : 12-17-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post

Sorry guys...I hate harping...but that loss Sunday night was disgusting, seriously had trouble sleeping after that. I can't imagine what Demarco and Dez have going through their heads...you guys don't think the tony the choker label starts to sink into the heads of the players?

That true? Wow. I do have to admit, the running game has improved drastically... but we should pump the brakes before blowing smoke up our own asses. Chicago and GB have notoriously bad run defenses.

But the part that I think you have a real point on is the idea that even when we run really well, our 3 headed monster playcaller (Callahan/Garrett/Romo) can't stand doing it and that is killing us.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://t.co/O7BJvO88er

Obviously a lot depends on the opponent. But the Oline has been average to great over the season, I don't think any one person would argue that Romo is behind a terrible Oline.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
That true? Wow. I do have to admit, the running game has improved drastically... but we should pump the brakes before blowing smoke up our own asses. Chicago and GB have notoriously bad run defenses.

But the part that I think you have a real point on is the idea that even when we run really well, our 3 headed monster playcaller (Callahan/Garrett/Romo) can't stand doing it and that is killing us.
WHY???!!!!! LOL