Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-21-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
No doubt that our OL has been better this year but we have faced the #31, 30, 27, 26, 25, 23, 22 ,21, and 20th ranked Defenses this year also. Not exactly the cream of the crop. I hope we continue to keep building this group and not think that its "good enough" Leary hasnt been good according to PFF and MB is just average IMO. Hopefully we will add at least 1 more Guard in the draft.
Lets not forget RT...Free has not played the way he did the first 8 weeks of the season. I am looking at a OT/OG prospect and lets get the best 5 on the field. Watching Aundrey Walker/G/USC play right now. He shut down Tuitt against Notre Dame and also has ability to play LT. If he were to declare early he'd be pretty high on my list but can't see us going OL till 2nd round at the earliest.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any predictions for tomorrow? I'm guessing it'll be a win just so that they can push the idea of controlling their own destiny still, and then they'll lay an egg on the last game against the Eagles. Their mission to torture me continues.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:58 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man
Any predictions for tomorrow? I'm guessing it'll be a win just so that they can push the idea of controlling their own destiny still, and then they'll lay an egg on the last game against the Eagles. Their mission to torture me continues.
Probably win. Redskins are still a BAD sub .500 team. But there is a side of me that wants to see the players quit on Garrett while Romo pulls a rabbit out of his hat before a full meltdown next week against the Eagles.

Failing that. Winning out and destroying Denver in the Superbowl at the home the New York Giants.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to think that we will win today. Garrett has a great record vs teams with a losing record but this D is so bad there is no telling what will happen. Its a toss up. We need to get ahead early and let them know this week isnt going to be any different for them. If they get ahead early we are in trouble IMO.

I'd like to say that since D-Unit and I stopped our "debate" because some posters were complaining, those same posters havent had anything to post on here in that time, unless you want to count a random "dallas chokes" or another post on what D and I were debating on. So if you guys have nothing to bring to the forum, dont complain when others do. D and I are passionate about the Cowboys and we both want the same thing, we just have different ideas on what we need to do to get there. We are fine with each other despite our difference of opinions and thats what this board is supposed to be all about.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing that gives me some home for the next 2 weeks is that the last game is at home. We're better at home this year than we've been in some time and if not for the complete meltdown last week, would be 6-1.

Today worries me, one because Cousins will destroy us and two because the Skins tend to play us tough.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And here we go!!!

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...s-fear-firings

I believe we win today.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can tell its December

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 37m
What I’m told is there’s a “growing rift” between DeMarco Murray & Tony Romo. They have a frosty relationship, as Romo chooses pass over run
Quote:
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 55m
Source says current expectation is Jerry Jones will fire HC Jason Garrett and coaching staff unless the Cowboys win NFC East, make playoffs.
Quote:
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 1h
Tony Romo said he was unaware of Jason Garrett singling him out for fateful decision last week, but I'm told there's tension between them.
Consider the source

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's almost laughable how badly people want this team to be torn apart, year after year.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can pretty much guess that Werder is going to have some crazy story every year about how some members of the team are on the verge of Mortal Kombat. It's like wash, rinse, and repeat with him.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

At least we can be happy with special teams.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome to Dallas Michael Spurlock!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just refuse to run on the goalline and it cracks me up. When we do it works.. surprise, surprise...
Old 12-22-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
We just refuse to run on the goalline and it cracks me up. When we do it works.. surprise, surprise...
Watch the damn game. Ball hit him right in the hands. It worked.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Watch the damn game. Ball hit him right in the hands. It worked.
Calm down. It worked? He dropped it. Made me laugh. It's what could happen when you pass.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice play calling on the 2 yd line. One run, 2 passes. Must have been "matchups".
Old 12-22-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

That Empty shotgun call at our own goal line... Are you kidding me?
Old 12-22-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Sad to see Ware run himself out of play after play.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Scandrick showing up so far.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Scandrick has no ball skills, but among this team he's become one of my favorites.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Liking our defense playcalling so far.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Liking our defense playcalling so far.
We're going after Cousins.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

The totally expected overreaction is coming. Murray is getting 25-30 carries.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Witten is always reliable.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Loving the stats that are coming out from the latest debacle.

-cowboys when leading pass the ball 65 percent of the time, league is about 53 percent. We're also leading the league in blown 10 point leads.

- cowboys 10-0 when Murray rushes 20 times. Hilarious part of that stat is that he's been in the league 3 years and has only had 20 carries 10 times.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
- cowboys 10-0 when Murray rushes 20 times. Hilarious part of that stat is that he's been in the league 3 years and has only had 20 carries 10 times.
This stat is no good though. Usually you run more because you're winning - it doesn't correlate to winning directly.