Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-22-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Parcells' retirement means the comeback of kwhy... I'm all good. LOL!

So... who exactly were the analysts saying he was coming back???

I bet there is a long list...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

I have to say that I'm not extremely disappointed to see Parcells go...although I'm not sure who I would want to replace him. I'm not a big Bob Stoops fan, or Wade Phillips fan...I certainly wouldn't mind Dick Lebeau if he becomes available...I wonder what Dan Henning was referring to earlier.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
I have to say that I'm not extremely disappointed to see Parcells go...although I'm not sure who I would want to replace him. I'm not a big Bob Stoops fan, or Wade Phillips fan...I certainly wouldn't mind Dick Lebeau if he becomes available...I wonder what Dan Henning was referring to earlier.
I just know I'm gonna hate the next coach. Parcells set the bar way too high for anyone else to come in and match his genius.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
I just know I'm gonna hate the next coach. Parcells set the bar way too high for anyone else to come in and match his genius.
I just hope that someone can come in and bring a little more energy to the job than Bill.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I missed the Dan Henning comment...what was it?

I for one am dissappointed that Parcells is leaving.

Funny, I just had a conversation with a college buddy of mine from LSU and we were talking about Saban and JaMarcus Russell. BP came up (my buddy lives in NY now) and he asked me if I was pleased with BP. I said yes and here's my reasoning.

Sports are for entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less. I personally (and I'm sure I'm in the minority here) would rather (if given ONLY two options) go 8-8 and win 8 games by 1pt and lose 8 games by 1pt than go 16-0 and win every game by 60 pts.

With exception of the ONE Philly game each year we get blown out by, I think watching the Cowboys has been extremely entertaining the last couple of years and for that I'm upset he's leaving.
People say that it's only about championships, but to me that's not the case. Take for example the Chicago v. New Orleans game yesterday, it wasn't entertaining at all. I'd rather be a New England fan than a Chicago fan for yesterday's games.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Well fellas I will admit I am wrong.

And no I didn't say Parcells wouldn't return just that I said I didn't want him to.

Here is the recap of a Dan Henning I stole from another site.

Have you talked to Bill? "Yes, I have spoken to Bill quite a bit the last few days" Are you in Dallas right now? "I can't say much right now, there some other things in motion right now and I need to tie up a few things in Carolina, but I will say this, Bill is coming back, he'll probably be mad that I'm saying this, but he'll get over it" They asked him how he knew and he said, "He's building his staff and talking diligently with his scouts and Jeff Ireland"

Has he asked you to be part of his team in 2007? "I can't answer that right now, but I'm sure people can put one and one together, that's all I'm saying at this time, Ok."

Keyshawn said he was not going to learn a new system in Carolina now that you are gone. What do you think about Keyshawn, will he be a Panther in 2007? "I love the player, I'd welcome him on my team anytime, but I don't see him in Carolina in 2007"

What do you think of Romo? "He's a player, no doubt about that. Parcells told me about Romo in 2003 and said he could be the guy someday. Parcells likes to acquire young players and build them up, and he's done a great job with Romo. Watch this offense in 2007, watch out!"

Have you been approached by any other teams right now? "I have, but I know where I'm going to be in 2007, you'll see soon enough, I promise."
These are the comments from Henning earlier, LSU...
Old 01-22-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow

That's the only word that I can bring to mind right now. I really, truly, did not expect to see Bill walk away. I cannot say how disappointed I am at this moment. Over the last two and a half years, I have come to really respect and even love this guy as a coach and as a person. He creates an atmosphere on his team that doesn't leave a lot of room for BS and stupidity. He holds people accountable, and he knows what he's talking about. I can't think of anyone currently in the game that I respect more. A truly great football man.

I don't know whether this is a viable thing or not, but I hope that he remains involved in some capacity. Maybe in a way that is akin to his days with the Jets, where he remained as a FO exec, and presided over the following years draft. We need him to help find his successor, someone whose philosophy will click with the personnel on board.

I just can't say how bad I feel right now, and my hopes for the upcoming season have been dampened quite a bit. What are the chances that we find a competent-to-good coach that can put this young team in position to win right away? I am really just devastated. This has such wide-spread ramifications, from our pre-draft evaluation to our staff hirings, to possible philosophical changes to the handling of developmental players etc, I'm just not prepared to face this right now.

Who do we turn to?
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
wow

That's the only word that I can bring to mind right now. I really, truly, did not expect to see Bill walk away. I cannot say how disappointed I am at this moment. Over the last two and a half years, I have come to really respect and even love this guy as a coach and as a person. He creates an atmosphere on his team that doesn't leave a lot of room for BS and stupidity. He holds people accountable, and he knows what he's talking about. I can't think of anyone currently in the game that I respect more. A truly great football man.

I don't know whether this is a viable thing or not, but I hope that he remains involved in some capacity. Maybe in a way that is akin to his days with the Jets, where he remained as a FO exec, and presided over the following years draft. We need him to help find his successor, someone whose philosophy will click with the personnel on board.

I just can't say how bad I feel right now, and my hopes for the upcoming season have been dampened quite a bit. What are the chances that we find a competent-to-good coach that can put this young team in position to win right away? I am really just devastated. This has such wide-spread ramifications, from our pre-draft evaluation to our staff hirings, to possible philosophical changes to the handling of developmental players etc, I'm just not prepared to face this right now.

Who do we turn to?
I wonder if that is a real possibility? Supposedly he was going to the Senior Bowl, but I guess he didn't. All the signs pointed to him returning next year. Still, when Chris Mortensen reported yesterday that BP was going to return, I should have known for sure then that he was as good as gone. Mort rarely ever gets anything right.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Stunner. Early rumors have Jerry not supporting a longer term extension that Jimmy Sexton wanted. It would explain the Senior Bowl tickets and the rumors from late last week.

I am in dred of what Jerry Jones is about to do. Just not a trustworthy Owner or GM when it comes to football operations decision making.

I am so disappointed. We may go backward next year and this coming draft scares me with Jerry as Player Personnel Exec.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase
Quote:
wow

Who do we turn to?
I wonder if that is a real possibility? Supposedly he was going to the Senior Bowl, but I guess he didn't. All the signs pointed to him returning next year. Still, when Chris Mortensen reported yesterday that BP was going to return, I should have known for sure then that he was as good as gone. Mort rarely ever gets anything right.
Jean Jacque Taylor on the DMN (a Parcells hater) speculates Jerry turned down some contract proposals from BP -- so BP said enough.

It really looks like Jerry ran off another HOF Coach.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iameverywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase
Quote:
wow

Who do we turn to?
Jean Jacque Taylor on the DMN (a Parcells hater) speculates Jerry turned down some contract proposals from BP -- so BP said enough.

It really looks like Jerry ran off another HOF Coach.
Not trying to be a Jerry apologist, 'cause I'm not that crazy about him, but he'd already paid out pretty big money last year for an extension, and he didn't get a huge return on his investment. It wasn't like BP didn't already have a good contract.

Still, I fully agree that we have reason to worry about the upcoming draft. I hope he listens to Jeff Ireland.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
GoodbyeParcells

OMFG!!! Hmmm..Jones ran off another HOF coach? Now who would the others be? Jimmy Johnson is not a HOF at least not yet. So what is the basis for your statement?

Lets look at some facts people. Before the start of this season Parcells had won just 5 more games than the two previous coaches put together in a three year run. This year Parcells has totally tanked this team with the talent it has. The bottom line...you people stop kissng Parcells overrated fat ass! He won a superbowl back in 86 over a much smaller team with NO RUNNING game in the Broncos. Then his second win was given to him by a kicker who should have made that field goal! Now you tell me what has he done? What? Come on...speak! He has done nothing in the last 15 years that is note worthy. What were we waiting for? Parcells 10 year plan?

I am glad he is gone, because frankly he was a overrated lame duck coach that is wasting the organizations time.

Now on to other matters...who do we get? This team is very unlucky as there is NOBODY out there. Turner? No...Phillips? No! Those are some good assistants but not head coaching material. Too bad Peyton is not available....Cowher? Please he is another has been...this team needs a YOUNG coach (with energy) and staff that has its own direction and agenda then they can rebuild this thing.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm disappointed with this decision.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyeParcells
OMFG!!! Hmmm..Parcells ran off another HOF coach? Now who would the others be? Jimmy Johnson is not a HOF at least not yet. So what is the basis for your statement?
Pathetic. You're so eager to goat and reveal in this that you can't even get the principals correct. Idiot.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OMFG!!! Hmmm..Parcells ran off another HOF coach? Now who would the others be? Jimmy Johnson is not a HOF at least not yet. So what is the basis for your statement?

Lets look at some facts people. Before the start of this season Parcells had won just 5 more games than the two previous coaches put together in a three year run. This year Parcells has totally tanked this team with the talent it has. The bottom line...you people stop kissng Parcells overrated fat ass! He won a superbowl back in 86 over a much smaller team with NO RUNNING game in the Broncos. Then his second win was given to him by a kicker who should have made that field goal! Now you tell me what has he done? What? Come on...speak! He has done nothing in the last 15 years that is note worthy. What were we waiting for? Parcells 10 year plan?

I am glad he is gone, because frankly he was a overrated lame duck coach that is wasting the organizations time.

Now on to other matters...who do we get? This team is very unlucky as there is NOBODY out there. Turner? No...Phillips? No! Those are some good assistants but not head coaching material. Too bad Peyton is not available....Cowher? Please he is another has been...this team needs a YOUNG coach (with energy) and staff that has its own direction and agenda then they can rebuild this thing.
Yeah..that Bill Cowher...what a washed up hack. What has it been, a year since he won a Superbowl? Clearly he has nothing to bring to the game anymore.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
GoodbyeParcells

YOUNG COACH....YOUNG COACH...YOUNG COACH....

Yes Bill C is done too...hes done.

You are just mad because my facts are right on about Parcells.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
GoodbyeParcells

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX
Quote:
Pathetic. You're so eager to goat and reveal in this that you can't even get the principals correct. Idiot.
goat? Moron
Old 01-22-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

Quote:
OMFG!!! Hmmm..Jones ran off another HOF coach? Now who would the others be? Jimmy Johnson is not a HOF at least not yet. So what is the basis for your statement?

Even though Cowher's been coaching a long time, he's not that old. I'd love for him to come here, but I doubt it happens.

I'm disappointed that BP isn't coming back. I wanted him back. But he's made his decision, so we need to move on. Who are we going to get? Frankly, none of the available candidates really excite me.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm
mad? What do I care? The Cowboys losing is third on my list of football enjoyments behind Bears winning and Packers losing. I hope they hire Wade Phillips, keep TO, and let Jerry Jones continue to run personel.

But I do agree, I think Parcells is overated. The Cowboys should go after Brian Schottenheimer in my opinion.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

What an ingrate.

I'm sorry you've had such a miserable time cheering for the Cowboys for the past 4 years.

I'm sorry you miss the 3 straight years of going 5-11.

I'm sorry you miss having 3 winning seasons out of the last 4 years.

I'm sorry you have the audacity to blame Parcells for Quincy Carter's drug problem that left us scrambling for a replacement starting QB (post draft and post start of the FA period), for Darren Woodson giving us false hopes of a return, for Terry Glenn's season ending injury, for Julius Jones late season return, for Jacob Rogers' injury, for Jerry Jones' failed Eddie George experiment... etc, etc... and on and on and on... We should've been thankful for the 6 wins cause no other coach could've done any better. Period.

I'm sorry you dislike the current personel and make up of the players on the team.

I'm sorry you hate the Tony Romo story.

I'm sorry you hate the abundance of talented young players on the team.

I'm sorry you hate the bright future Parcells has left us.

I'm sorry you are..... Wait... Just hold on a second... As a matter of fact....

No, I'm NOT sorry. I love everything of what I just said above! It's your own fault if you don't love it either. ...and for that... You will just remain an ingrate.

As admin I can change your username to "ingrate". OK?
Old 01-22-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

I'd vote for that.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Your facts are skewed because of one losing season caused by externalities uncontrollable by any coach.... where everything could've gone wrong, went wrong.

You are just an ingrate incapable of seeing the progress we have made as a team and incapable of seeing the bright future ahead.... Unless the new guy comes in and messes it all up.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
GoodbyeParcells

Quote:
Quote:

What an ingrate.

I'm sorry you've had such a miserable time cheering for the Cowboys for the past 4 years.

I'm sorry you miss the 3 straight years of going 5-11.

I'm sorry you miss having 3 winning seasons out of the last 4 years.

I'm sorry you have the audacity to blame Parcells for Quincy Carter's drug problem that left us scrambling for a replacement starting QB (post draft and post start of the FA period), for Darren Woodson giving us false hopes of a return, for Terry Glenn's season ending injury, for Julius Jones late season return, for Jacob Rogers' injury, for Jerry Jones' failed Eddie George experiment... etc, etc... and on and on and on... We should've been thankful for the 6 wins cause no other coach could've done any better. Period.

I'm sorry you dislike the current personel and make up of the players on the team.

I'm sorry you hate the Tony Romo story.

I'm sorry you hate the abundance of talented young players on the team.

I'm sorry you hate the bright future Parcells has left us.

I'm sorry you are..... Wait... Just hold on a second... As a matter of fact....

No, I'm NOT sorry. I love everything of what I just said above! It's your own fault if you don't love it either. ...and for that... You will just remain an ingrate.

As admin I can change your username to "ingrate". OK?
Sounds good to me..

but you still did not dispute anything I stated because it was the truth. What part of 5 more wins in the same time span as Campo and Gailey do you not understand? The bottom line..

In 4 years he did very little!!! and you can not argue that!

Also, seems the Admins around here are still as mature as they were 6 months ago...very sad.

"The Ingrate"
Old 01-22-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

Your facts are skewed because of one losing season caused by externalities uncontrollable by any coach.... where everything could've gone wrong, went wrong.

You are just an ingrate incapable of seeing the progress we have made as a team and incapable of seeing the bright future ahead.... Unless the new guy comes in and messes it all up.
Agreed. We are light years ahead of where we were in 2003 when BP took over. We have a future. I don't care whether we bring in a young coach or an old one, as long as he's smart.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
GoodbyeParcells

Quote:
Quote:

Band Aids

I see nothing but a total rebuild ahead, because the 3-4 will never work, you have your best Pass Rusher playing a out of position when EVERYONE inculding John Madden says he would be a better DE in a 4-3 scheme. Also, if you think Romo is the next Aikman or Staubach then you need to put the crack pipe away. This guy will be replaced in the next 2 years, mark my words. He has terrible footwork, can not throw out of the pocket and lacks pocket presence. He is best when he is on the run pulling stuff out of his butt...the problem is all the great ones that could scramble like Young, Elway, Staubach etc..had great pocket presence as well.

But I blame Jones more than anyone for hiring that bafoon in the first place. In fact I blame Jones with everything Since the end of the 94 season. Nothing will change around here until he hires a REAL GM, and lets the coach and his staff have total control over player personnel decisions.....Jerry should stick to worrying about the new stadium.