Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-22-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, considering the Campo - Gailey reign of terror extended for five years, as opposed to Parcells four, I would say, "Yeah, interesting stat there."

Campo managed to lose more games in three years then Parcells did in four. So what?
Old 01-22-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyeParcells
YOUNG COACH....YOUNG COACH...YOUNG COACH....

Yes Bill C is done too...hes done.

You are just mad because my facts are right on about Parcells.
Your facts are skewed because of one losing season caused by externalities uncontrollable by any coach.... where everything could've gone wrong, went wrong.

You are just an ingrate incapable of seeing the progress we have made as a team and incapable of seeing the bright future ahead.... Unless the new guy comes in and messes it all up.
Tex?

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

Of course it's Tex. I can't think of many other banned posters who have such an odd fetish for coach Hair Helmet.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
OMFG!!! Hmmm..Parcells ran off another HOF coach? Now who would the others be? Jimmy Johnson is not a HOF at least not yet. So what is the basis for your statement?

Lets look at some facts people. Before the start of this season Parcells had won just 5 more games than the two previous coaches put together in a three year run. This year Parcells has totally tanked this team with the talent it has. The bottom line...you people stop kissng Parcells overrated fat ass! He won a superbowl back in 86 over a much smaller team with NO RUNNING game in the Broncos. Then his second win was given to him by a kicker who should have made that field goal! Now you tell me what has he done? What? Come on...speak! He has done nothing in the last 15 years that is note worthy. What were we waiting for? Parcells 10 year plan?

I am glad he is gone, because frankly he was a overrated lame duck coach that is wasting the organizations time.

Now on to other matters...who do we get? This team is very unlucky as there is NOBODY out there. Turner? No...Phillips? No! Those are some good assistants but not head coaching material. Too bad Peyton is not available....Cowher? Please he is another has been...this team needs a YOUNG coach (with energy) and staff that has its own direction and agenda then they can rebuild this thing.
What an ingrate.

I'm sorry you've had such a miserable time cheering for the Cowboys for the past 4 years.

I'm sorry you miss the 3 straight years of going 5-11.

I'm sorry you miss having 3 winning seasons out of the last 4 years.

I'm sorry you have the audacity to blame Parcells for Quincy Carter's drug problem that left us scrambling for a replacement starting QB (post draft and post start of the FA period), for Darren Woodson giving us false hopes of a return, for Terry Glenn's season ending injury, for Julius Jones late season return, for Jacob Rogers' injury, for Jerry Jones' failed Eddie George experiment... etc, etc... and on and on and on... We should've been thankful for the 6 wins cause no other coach could've done any better. Period.

I'm sorry you dislike the current personel and make up of the players on the team.

I'm sorry you hate the Tony Romo story.

I'm sorry you hate the abundance of talented young players on the team.

I'm sorry you hate the bright future Parcells has left us.

I'm sorry you are..... Wait... Just hold on a second... As a matter of fact....

No, I'm NOT sorry. I love everything of what I just said above! It's your own fault if you don't love it either. ...and for that... You will just remain an ingrate.

As admin I can change your username to "ingrate". OK?
Sounds good to me..

but you still did not dispute anything I stated because it was the truth. What part of 5 more wins in the same time span as Campo and Gailey do you not understand? The bottom line..

In 4 years he did very little!!! and you can not argue that!

Also, seems the Admins around here are still as mature as they were 6 months ago...very sad.

"The Ingrate"
TexMex.

While not BP's best job in his career, he turned around a franchise mismanaged by an ego maniac Owner.

We are set adrift again with Jerry at the helm. Won't get into next year too much because the new coach will have some talent but watch the drafting and player personnel go down the toilet.

Jerry Jones is worse than Dan Snyder. At least Snyder pays coaches to coach. Jerry is just really bad and really over-the-top in terms of what he thinks of his football acumen.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Quote:

Your facts are skewed because of one losing season caused by externalities uncontrollable by any coach.... where everything could've gone wrong, went wrong.

You are just an ingrate incapable of seeing the progress we have made as a team and incapable of seeing the bright future ahead.... Unless the new guy comes in and messes it all up.
Tex?
The Jimmy Johnson babbling will soon begin. Talking about the great 1990s team built by Johnson. How the team had swagger .... yawn.

Right now thoughts to BP haters are limited to how Parcells sucks because we are not play 4-3 or throwing Post patterns every 1st down.

First arm chair then nostalgia.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

Hey, how would you know about TexMex? Unless you are another poster from the last six months?
Old 01-22-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

I'm
mad? What do I care? The Cowboys losing is third on my list of football enjoyments behind Bears winning and Packers losing. I hope they hire Wade Phillips, keep TO, and let Jerry Jones continue to run personel.

But I do agree, I think Parcells is overated. The Cowboys should go after Brian Schottenheimer in my opinion.
Parcells is over rated?

Wow. This is for a Bears fan who likely worships Buddy Ryan and Mike Ditka.

They are all coming out of the box today.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It figures that the season I start to like Parcells the most, he retires.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX
Hey, how would you know about TexMex? Unless you are another poster from the last six months?
I have been reading this blog for over 1 year. LOL. You think this is the first time I have seen the ebbs and flows and all the childishness here. One things reading and another is posting.

If my memory serves me he had a man crush with the 1990s teams and how BP needed to coach like Jimmy. Just lunacy on his part but it is a blog so......
Old 01-22-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

It's not constructive to bash Parcells and what he did, and did not do. Focus on the here and now. Who do you guys want? I'm leaning toward Ron Rivera or Rob Ryan.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 01-22-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not constructive to bash Parcells and what he did, and did not do. Focus on the here and now. Who do you guys want? I'm leaning toward Ron Rivera or Rob Ryan.
Singletary or Phillips, I'm leaning Phillips. I do NOT want a college guy.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

But you post. A lot.

Anyway. Parcells has done this team a lot better then Gailey or Campo ever could. Even though he didn't give us a lot of success in the playoffs, he's left us with our best team since the mid 90's. I can't understate how big that is.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

God no... Dave Shore was on OTL and said Norv Turner is a name that keeps popping up... Please Jerry, just say no!!
Old 01-22-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
This may be the start of a very bad trend. Coaching decision and draft will tell but it looks like Jerry "sucked everything" out of Bill and now want to do it himself again.

I worked for a guy like Jerry. Very charismastic but hate it when others are better than him. They use time and money to suck you dry of knowledge and then discard you for some frivolous reason.

After they disrespect your contribution, they smile, play nice start to take credit for your work and go back to being mediocre while talking an even bigger game. It really hurt me when it happened to me.

Good luck to BP. Get a job somewhere else and steal your guys back. Jerry deserves all the TO's and Venderjerk and Roy Williams -- big money nothings with lots of empty ego.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iameverywhere
Quote:
This may be the start of a very bad trend. Coaching decision and draft will tell but it looks like Jerry "sucked everything" out of Bill and now want to do it himself again.

I worked for a guy like Jerry. Very charismastic but hate it when others are better than him. They use time and money to suck you dry of knowledge and then discard you for some frivolous reason.

After they disrespect your contribution, they smile, play nice start to take credit for your work and go back to being mediocre while talking an even bigger game. It really hurt me when it happened to me.

Good luck to BP. Get a job somewhere else and steal your guys back. Jerry deserves all the TO's and Venderjerk and Roy Williams -- big money nothings with lots of empty ego.
Jerry's definitely an odd duck, but he did have a lot to do with the success of the 90's, and was getting shorted on credit. I wouldn't have fired Jimmy over it, but his contributions had been overlooked at that point.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
God no... Dave Shore was on OTL and said Norv Turner is a name that keeps popping up... Please Jerry, just say no!!
Haha... good call on Singletary. I forgot about him.

Albert Camus
Old 01-22-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Just like Jerry to get a lackey he can control. A "players" coach who finds ways to lose, has no control over the team (TO and Norv?) and won't stand up to Jerry.

LOL. So Jerry.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Jerry's definitely an odd duck, but he did have a lot to do with the success of the 90's, and was getting shorted on credit. I wouldn't have fired Jimmy over it, but his contributions had been overlooked at that point.
Ward, as an Owner of an NFL Team the only credit you should receive is for hiring a good GM and hiring a Good Coach.

Jerry, whatever his role was in the 1990s, is in way over his head and the franchise's direction since 1994 before Parcells are proof of his low level of competance.

Jerry, frankly, got real lucky. This is the only way you explain the early 1990s and the remaining 15 or so years.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

I'm sure all the money JJ threw around before FA started helped his "luck" too.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

I'm
mad? What do I care? The Cowboys losing is third on my list of football enjoyments behind Bears winning and Packers losing. I hope they hire Wade Phillips, keep TO, and let Jerry Jones continue to run personel.

But I do agree, I think Parcells is overated. The Cowboys should go after Brian Schottenheimer in my opinion.
Parcells is over rated?

Wow. This is for a Bears fan who likely worships Buddy Ryan and Mike Ditka.

They are all coming out of the box today.
Mike Ditka is disgustingly overated.

I think Ditka might the most overated coach in the history of the NFL (there goes your little quip there eh?)

If the Bears or Giants had Gibbs or Walsh they would have absolutely dominated the 80's.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Yep. No college guy. No no no...

I've dreamt of Singletary for a long time now... starting it up last year while BP was wavering on coming back... That would be my first choice hands down.

Phillips I'm "meh" on... only good thing is success in San Diego... I think he's better DC material than HC material... but I'd be ok with him. First choice? Heck No! But I prefer bringing in a coach with a defensive mentality.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah I dont really want a college guy either. I was kinda hoping that we could get Jim Mora Jr but he took a job at Seattle which sucks, Im a big fan of his. Hopefully Jerruh picks someone good im sure we'll all be caught off guard as to who he chooses.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've dreamt of Singletary for a long time now... starting it up last year while BP was wavering on coming back... That would be my first choice hands down.

Phillips I'm "meh" on... only good thing is success in San Diego... I think he's better DC material than HC material... but I'd be ok with him. First choice? Heck No! But I prefer bringing in a coach with a defensive mentality.
I'd be okay with Phillips, but he doesn't strike me as the long-term option. That hire would tell me he's keeping the seat warm for Cowher or Fisher.

Albert Camus
Old 01-22-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just out of curiousity, why not a successful college coach?
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My preference is to bring in a coach with a good handle on what it takes to be a HC and with a QB Mentoring approach. Then hire a top notch DC who has no desire to be a HC anytime soon (Dick Lebeau, etc).

I'd be extremely happy with Norv Turner IF AND ONLY IF someone like Wade Phillips were the DC to go with him.

Or a Ron Rivera with Norv as the OC would work to.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote