Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-13-2014, 04:52 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Well they didn't throw picks at the wrong times either. We get it, you'll never blame romo...
Coulda swore I saw Mannig throw a pick inside the 5. Hmmmm. We get it, it will always be Romos fault to you.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Not even close. The point Im making is those other TEAMS are strong in almost all areas and if the QBs arent putting up big numbers they can still win. We cant do that. So Romos in a pass heavy system but Brady and Manning arent? Lol you cant be serious.
Oh our team isn't as good as the Seahawks, Patriots and Broncos??? Yeah, thanks for the news update.

BTW, John Fox is a notorious run favor guy. There's a guy that doesn't force things. Instead adapts and plays to his player's strengths and weaknesses. Won't find him passing much on 4th and 1.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Coulda swore I saw Mannig throw a pick inside the 5. Hmmmm. We get it, it will always be Romos fault to you.
Are you seriously telling us that you don't find any discussion here about our weaknesses on defense or our staff???
Old 01-13-2014, 05:11 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Oh our team isn't as good as the Seahawks, Patriots and Broncos??? Yeah, thanks for the news update.

BTW, John Fox is a notorious run favor guy. There's a guy that doesn't force things. Instead adapts and plays to his player's strengths and weaknesses. Won't find him passing much on 4th and 1.

Just saying. For all the folks that like to throw our 31 TD and 10 pick QB under the bus for all the 8-8 seasons we have gone through, if we had a GM that knew how to build a team we wouldnt be having these silly talks about Romo. Is that the same John Fox that saw Manning throw for the most yards and TDs in a single season in the history of the NFL?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 01-13-2014, 05:15 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Are you seriously telling us that you don't find any discussion here about our weaknesses on defense or our staff???
Pretty sure I was having that discussion during our last draft. Remember I was the one wanting D linemen and you were the one telling us how it was a strength of the team. Wonder how that turned out? BTW heres a good article about our reasons for changing our system and how there might be some hope with the coaches we have coming back.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/...n-monte-kiffin

Old 01-13-2014, 05:18 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BTW Russell Wilson- 103 yards 0 TDs. Kap- 196 yards 1 TD, Brady 198 yards 0 TDS, Manning 230 yards 2 TDs.

The four QBs playing in their Conference Championship games. Pedestrian numbers but their teams won. Our Cowboys would have no shot at winning in the playoffs if Romo had those numbers. Its all about the TEAM.
One thing to notice is that three of those teams have good, great, or capable defenses. The Seahawks and 49ers are ranked in the top 5 overall, and the Patriots are ranked 10 in terms of points. Manning is just a god.

I really hope that they can fix the defense because it's been a decade since they've had a top D. That's also the last year that Darren Woodson played, and since then they've filled in with absolute crap next to Roy when he was here. Coincidence? Nah. Not at all.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:21 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
One thing to notice is that three of those teams have good, great, or capable defenses. The Seahawks and 49ers are ranked in the top 5 overall, and the Patriots are ranked 10 in terms of points. Manning is just a god.

I really hope that they can fix the defense because it's been a decade since they've had a top D. That's also the last year that Darren Woodson played, and since then they've filled in with absolute crap next to Roy when he was here. Coincidence? Nah. Not at all.
Exactly my point.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Exactly my point.
The sky is blue.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Pretty sure I was having that discussion during our last draft. Remember I was the one wanting D linemen and you were the one telling us how it was a strength of the team. Wonder how that turned out? BTW heres a good article about our reasons for changing our system and how there might be some hope with the coaches we have coming back.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/...n-monte-kiffin
It WAS a strength of the team. At the time Anthony Spencer just signed his Franchise Tag and Crawford was expected to start next to Hatcher (who had the best year of his career) until Ratliff returned (which he did - for the Bears lol).

Do you forget these things???

Just like you forget that we've ALL been talking about the upgrades we need on defense and NOT just everything being Tony Romo's fault. If you're gonna want people to respect what you say, then at least acknowledge what is being said by others. That was our message to Bob. Now you.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Just saying. For all the folks that like to throw our 31 TD and 10 pick QB under the bus for all the 8-8 seasons we have gone through, if we had a GM that knew how to build a team we wouldnt be having these silly talks about Romo. Is that the same John Fox that saw Manning throw for the most yards and TDs in a single season in the history of the NFL?
YOU are the one throwing this team under the bus for an 8-8 and .500 record in 18 years.

For me, 8-8 is hope for the next season that we can win 1 or 2 more games and become realistic contenders. 5-11 seasons mean a rehaul. So while I'm not thrilled with 8-8, it still gives me hope that we are close. 3 years of 8-8 is still a sustainable measure to give legitimacy to our chances of a hopeful season to come.

...and for the umpteeth-million times, we don't blame everything on Romo as you like to think. For you, one mention of blame equals entire blame. *facepalm*. John Fox is a coach that adapts. You totally missed my point if you didn't pick that up. Garrett could learn a thing or two from him.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:21 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It WAS a strength of the team. At the time Anthony Spencer just signed his Franchise Tag and Crawford was expected to start next to Hatcher (who had the best year of his career) until Ratliff returned (which he did - for the Bears lol).

Do you forget these things???

Just like you forget that we've ALL been talking about the upgrades we need on defense and NOT just everything being Tony Romo's fault. If you're gonna want people to respect what you say, then at least acknowledge what is being said by others. That was our message to Bob. Now you.
It was NOT a strength. It was old, injured, and changing positions. I am acknowleging others and others have said the primary reason we are 8-8 is NOT the coaches, GM, drafts, its because of the QB. You act like I just make this stuff up. Anyway Im glad you've at least decided we need to upgrade our D, unfortunatly, just like our GM, its a year late.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:24 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
YOU are the one throwing this team under the bus for an 8-8 and .500 record in 18 years.

For me, 8-8 is hope for the next season that we can win 1 or 2 more games and become realistic contenders. 5-11 seasons mean a rehaul. So while I'm not thrilled with 8-8, it still gives me hope that we are close. 3 years of 8-8 is still a sustainable measure to give legitimacy to our chances of a hopeful season to come.

...and for the umpteeth-million times, we don't blame everything on Romo as you like to think. For you, one mention of blame equals entire blame. *facepalm*. John Fox is a coach that adapts. You totally missed my point if you didn't pick that up. Garrett could learn a thing or two from him.
I dont even know what to say. I guess 18 years of hope is ok for you. I'd like to see progress. One. Playoff. Win. Pathetic.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I dont even know what to say. I guess 18 years of hope is ok for you. I'd like to see progress. One. Playoff. Win. Pathetic.
You act like we've been 8-8 the last 18 years. I don't even know what to say. There have been higher times and lower times. The last 3 years being 8-8 is ok with me NOT necessarily in terms of the present current season, but in terms of the future, yes, it gives me hope. If we were worse, then I would be demanding bigger change. Like firing the HC.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:02 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You act like we've been 8-8 the last 18 years. I don't even know what to say. There have been higher times and lower times. The last 3 years being 8-8 is ok with me NOT necessarily in terms of the present current season, but in terms of the future, yes, it gives me hope. If we were worse, then I would be demanding bigger change. Like firing the HC.
You realize we won 1 game all year against a team with a winning record, right? 8-8 in a horrible conference. Longest playoff drought in JJ's term. Maybe your just used to it. I dont know. Change needed to happen the day after our season ended.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:18 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You realize we won 1 game all year against a team with a winning record, right? 8-8 in a horrible conference. Longest playoff drought in JJ's term. Maybe your just used to it. I dont know. Change needed to happen the day after our season ended.
I love how anything good that happens, throw Romo a parade. Anything bad happens, Jerrah, Garrett, the draft, defense, o-line, Terrence Williams, etc... is to blame. So old.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
It was NOT a strength. It was old, injured, and changing positions. I am acknowleging others and others have said the primary reason we are 8-8 is NOT the coaches, GM, drafts, its because of the QB. You act like I just make this stuff up. Anyway Im glad you've at least decided we need to upgrade our D, unfortunatly, just like our GM, its a year late.
Then you have poorly misinterpreted our discussions. I don't remember anyone saying Romo is the primary reason to our problems. Sure, he has made decisions that has cost us games, and made decisions to win us games. We have a lot of other positions that stand in need of a bigger upgrade.

What Romo doesn't do enough of is carry our team above our weaknesses. Some people think he does. Therein lies the arguement. For me, there's not a gigantic difference in our team between Romo and Orton being the QB.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You may not think the Cowboys will ever win the SB with Jerry Jones as owner and you may be right. But you don't have the convincing power to make us stop hoping for it.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:27 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
I love how anything good that happens, throw Romo a parade. Anything bad happens, Jerrah, Garrett, the draft, defense, o-line, Terrence Williams, etc... is to blame. So old.
I love how when we lose, Romo sucks. And when we win its in spite of him. So old. And your right all those other things you mentioned were awesome. No blame should come to them SMH!!

Last edited by pocketaces : 01-13-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:28 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You may not think the Cowboys will ever win the SB with Jerry Jones as owner and you may be right. But you don't have the convincing power to make us stop hoping for it.
Hell, Im hoping for it.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:37 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy!;3532484[B
I'd point to the qb making the difference, you'll say it's jerry or Garrett.
[/b]
Every single team you named has had a change of qb in recent years...take a team like KC or Carolina with a great defense and add a smart or difference making qb...results.

Take a team like Redskins or Philly where the QB plays well enough to overcome the defenses ineptitude. Results....

I will agree it's a pipe dream that manziel falls past 10. I'm simply saying nobody is saying for the Cowboys to trade the farm for him, which is what your initial post stated. Everyone was simply saying if Manziel slipped it might be worth it to draft him.
When I questioned why we have had all these 8-8 seasons this was his response. Am I reading that wrong or is he saying that Romo is the primary reason we are mediocre? See D, I know how to read and comprehend. I dont make sh*t up.

Last edited by pocketaces : 01-13-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:54 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Then you have poorly misinterpreted our discussions. I don't remember anyone saying Romo is the primary reason to our problems. Sure, he has made decisions that has cost us games, and made decisions to win us games. We have a lot of other positions that stand in need of a bigger upgrade.

What Romo doesn't do enough of is carry our team above our weaknesses. Some people think he does. Therein lies the arguement. For me, there's not a gigantic difference in our team between Romo and Orton being the QB.
Losing all credibility. But if you do believe that then how stupid is the front office to give him 100 Million?

Old 01-13-2014, 09:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Losing all credibility. But if you do believe that then how stupid is the front office to give him 100 Million?
The front office was VERY VERY stupid to give Tony 100 Million. Not even you can disagree.

Ironic thing about Orton's performance... Nobody expected him to pull a Romo at the end of the game. Not having Romo's reputation was a good thing going for him.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:11 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The front office was VERY VERY stupid to give Tony 100 Million. Not even you can disagree.

Ironic thing about Orton's performance... Nobody expected him to pull a Romo at the end of the game. Not having Romo's reputation was a good thing going for him.
And yet, in the end, we lost. As usual. Guess hes a choker now too huh. 1 game at home vs the 30th rated D and now hes just as good as Romo. Toooo funny.

Guess that contract had nothing to do with Jerrah. Hes unblimished as a GM.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
And yet, in the end, we lost. As usual. Guess hes a choker now too huh. 1 game at home vs the 30th rated D and now hes just as good as Romo. Toooo funny.

Guess that contract had nothing to do with Jerrah. Hes unblimished as a GM.
Comprehension lacking? Or just frustrated? I never said he's as good as Romo. I said the difference wasn't gigantic.. especially if you look at the relation between pay and production.

...and you'd be a plain idiot if you thought I never criticized Jerry. Wake up Pocket.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:58 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One can easily say Romo needs to play better in situations and still say the d needs to be upgraded, coaching needs to be better, Jerry needs to be better.

That's what pocket doesn't get. Orton is completely capable of throwing 3 picks like Romo did against Washington last year to finish 8-8.
Orton probably isn't capable of what romo did in Denver or Washington this year.

It can be Romos fault we lose man. The defense can play like **** the entire game and make a big stop and romo can throw a game ending interception.

Somehow anytime we lose fault can never be pointed at romo because how bad the defense is. That's all Everyone is saying pocket. You make these little jabs at every aspect of a mediocre team except the QB.

The team has problems up and down the roster. Including Romos penchant for untimely ints. Am I happy he's on the roster as opposed to about 20 other qbs. Sure.
Its ok to point out his flaws though. Just like any other position or coaches.

This is old though. Hopefully they go heavy on defense and we see a turn around to some of these close games next year.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 01-14-2014 at 06:01 AM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote